ADVERTISEMENT

Braden's last 2 3's

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
besides being killer shots , they were in the same area of the one he missed vs osu near the end of the game so that was nice to see

besides being killer shots , they were in the same area of the one he missed vs osu near the end of the game so that was nice to see
It's interesting how accurate shooters are when the shot clock is running down and there's no thinking just doing. A lot of the top players seem to hit those last second shots even if they weren't hitting before.

Of course, Smith was hitting before so that part doesn't apply here.

It's interesting how accurate shooters are when the shot clock is running down and there's no thinking just doing. A lot of the top players seem to hit those last second shots even if they weren't hitting before.

Of course, Smith was hitting before so that part doesn't apply here.
No, but you did hit on something I believe that is true and what inhibited some perimeter shooting from Braden and others last year. If you are expected to shoot as a first option if open...your mind is already in that moment and you already know what you are going to do "if" you see yourself s "open". If that isn't your role you mind may be on other things like passing...which is also important and makes for a great team. That experience and quick decision whether to shoot or pass "if" open is more of a decision than to just shoot if open. There you may understand that "if" the ball is thrown to you and you have the shot you just take it ...little thought. I know what you are saying even if I'm not articulate enough to describe it at this time. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT