ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Boriski

Make him an offer he can't refuse.

Hn7N.gif

MBob needs to be on the phone at 8 am with the B1G office about that screw job on Newman’s three. Unbelievable.
Not only that what better way to screw with someone's head and shooting performance than to call a phantom travel on a step back 3. Newman did not make another shot the rest of the game. Most likely we would have won the game if the 3 wasn't wiped of the board.

Not only that what better way to screw with someone's head and shooting performance than to call a phantom travel on a step back 3. Newman did not make another shot the rest of the game. Most likely we would have won the game if the 3 wasn't wiped of the board.
Yep as everything else being equal, that was more points left on the floor. For me, I broke the causes of the loss down to 3 things:

1. Turnovers
2. Bo
3. Everything else

Yep as everything else being equal, that was more points left on the floor. For me, I broke the causes of the loss down to 3 things:

1. Turnovers
2. Bo
3. Everything else

Maryland shooting 8-13 from deep in the second half is right up there near the top, too. Some of that was attributable to breakdowns of Purdue's defense, and some of that was the Terps knocking down some big shots. JMHO

Purdue, conversely, was 4-17 for the game with Mason Gillis, Eric Hunter, Jaden Ivey, and Aaron Wheeler a combined 0 for 10.

Reactions: DAG10 and milkdude
Maryland shooting 8-13 from deep in the second half is right up there near the top, too. Some of that was attributable to breakdowns of Purdue's defense, and some of that was the Terps knocking down some big shots. JMHO

Purdue, conversely, was 4-17 for the game with Mason Gillis, Eric Hunter, Jaden Ivey, and Aaron Wheeler a combined 0 for 10.
Anyone who thinks Furst won’t play much next year just needs to watch tape of last nights game.

Based on what I have seen, Furst is not known as a 3-point shooter. I expect he will add it to his game, for when he is left open, but I don't think he is considered to be there yet.

Reactions: Schnelk
Bo couldn’t see the last foul he called unless he can see through 5 people. He’s a gigantic PO💩. Next time he is on our list of officials Purdue should say the are in BO quarantine and refuse to play.

You know... I've complained about the refs during games because of inconsistencies. If you want to call a crapppy game.........fine.........just do it on both ends.

Bo is just flat out terrible and for whatever reason has it "in" for us and it is old. I very nearly needed a new TV and spilled my beer when he called the "traveling" on Newman. And it clearly got in Newman's head after no less.

I get there is a shortage of refs, but those that are available can't be any worse than Bo. Hell I could drink a keg of beer and go out and call a better game than him.

You know... I've complained about the refs during games because of inconsistencies. If you want to call a crapppy game.........fine.........just do it on both ends.

Bo is just flat out terrible and for whatever reason has it "in" for us and it is old. I very nearly needed a new TV and spilled my beer when he called the "traveling" on Newman. And it clearly got in Newman's head after no less.

I get there is a shortage of refs, but those that are available can't be any worse than Bo. Hell I could drink a keg of beer and go out and call a better game than him.

I've officiated many games. It can be fun, AND it can be quite a challenge. I'm not sure I'd like to do it on the B1G stage.

The worst thing about Bo is, he has zero remorse about screwing up games. None. I'm not making that up. IMHO, that's really the worst kind of personality in that type of profession.

I've officiated many games. It can be fun, AND it can be quite a challenge. I'm not sure I'd like to do it on the B1G stage.

The worst thing about Bo is, he has zero remorse about screwing up games. None. I'm not making that up. IMHO, that's really the worst kind of personality in that type of profession.

When Heller was still with us, I recall several occasions where he went into a litany of background items concerning Bo and the apparent "conflicts" in a way that only Heller could do it the proper justice. At times it was entertaining, although probably not for Heller, himself.

Did you do high school basketball games? If so that’s tough. Many years ago, I officiated junior varsity basketball for a year. I was terrible so gave it up. Trying to call the game from the floor was hard to see for me. When watching the game from the bleachers, it’s so easy to see the violations and fouls. Let me call the game from the scorers table. :D :D

When Heller was still with us, I recall several occasions where he went into a litany of background items concerning Bo and the apparent "conflicts" in a way that only Heller could do it the proper justice. At times it was entertaining, although probably not for Heller, himself.

Wasn't Bo the ref constantly blowing his whistle against us in that very infamous MSG game vs Blake Griffin?

Wasn't Bo the ref constantly blowing his whistle against us in that very infamous MSG game vs Blake Griffin?

Ed Corbett, Tim Higgins, and Michael Stephens (Big East), Schnelk.

Purdue 4-5 from the line; Oklahoma 33-46.

In addition to the foul disparity, Painter had a beef over Stephens' call on E'Twaun Moore for an intentional foul late in OT - that was right after an inadvertent whistle gave Oklahoma a possession with Purdue down one.

In addition to the foul disparity, Painter had a beef over Stephens' call on E'Twaun Moore for an intentional foul late in OT - that was right after an inadvertent whistle gave Oklahoma a possession with Purdue down one.

I

will

never

forget

that

game.

Un-flippin'-believable.

I couldn't believe a professional crew could call a game like that.

I still can't.

What are your top Boiler-screw jobs by refs all-time?

1. The Blake Griffin game. BS from start to finish. No way was Purdue going to be allowed to win that one. Was watching it in a bar and it made a guy near me mad enough to smash a table of drinks and scream, "ITS FING FIXED"

2. OPI called on Payne Durham in the Minn football game this year.

3. That Penn State FB game from the Tiller years with the clock, etc.

Honorable mention: Tony Jones fouled in NCAA tourney game against Texas. I believe that's who it was but I was just a young kid. Swearing was forbade growing up but Dad sure dropped a monster F -bomb during that one.

1. The Blake Griffin game. BS from start to finish. No way was Purdue going to be allowed to win that one. Was watching it in a bar and it made a guy near me mad enough to smash a table of drinks and scream, "ITS FING FIXED"

Honorable mention: Tony Jones fouled in NCAA tourney game against Texas. I believe that's who it was but I was just a young kid. Swearing was forbade growing up but Dad sure dropped a monster F -bomb during that one.
Dwayne Stephens at Breslin, 1990.

Maryland game fouls. Purdue 15, Maryland 15. Purdue averages 17.8 fouls per game there opponents 18.4.

just saying.....

Complaining about bad calls and injuries are just excuses. They both happen to everyone at different times. Neither are unique to Purdue. Over time these things tend to even out

Saying the refs are against Purdue is a looser mentality and really is pretty silly.

Reactions: Inspector100
Saying the refs are against Purdue is a looser mentality and really is pretty silly.
Except when there is mountains of evidence to show it. You know there is more to bad officiating than just fouls right? Like one specific ref calling a travel on a 3 point shot.

No one is using it as an excuse, but a factor.

Reactions: DAG10 and Schnelk
The end of regulation of the Virginia game where bo swallowed his whistle was one of the worst. There was one at northwestern. We were tied with less than two seconds left. Out of a timeout, Purdue threw a baseball pass to AJ the length of the floor. He was one on one with a defender. He was able to catch the pass cleanly. He was going up for a layup or dunk, the Northwestern player grabbed his shoulders to foul on purpose to send him to the line. Bo made a no call standing ten feet from the play. We lost in overtime. I could name several more just regarding bo’s calls or no calls.

The bowl game with Georgia. Purdue got out to a 25-3 lead IIRC and the refs did everything they could to help Georgia get back in the game to make it “more entertaining”. Georgia won 28-25.
Eh.... I was at that game and IMO Georgia just had more talent... NFL guys all over the place.

Reactions: DAG10

I recently reviewed the Tony Jones play several times. Many (including Keady) thought it was goal tending. The replay shows it was a clean block. No foul, no goal tending, just a dang good defensive play. I agree with you on the other games.

you had to detail this... literally made my blood pressure rise just remembering. I fumed for a couple of days about that game.

The jim burr game against o$u, one of the last conference games of the baby boilers. that game was 1.b. to the oklahoma game imo. complete jobbing.

tv ted calling goal tending on aj Hammons at ass hall at the end of the game on an obviously clean block.

Last edited:
you had to detail this... literally made my blood pressure rise just remembering. I fumed for a couple of days about that game.

I humbly and sincerely apologize to you, Top, and to the entire free board community if I opened any old wounds or stirred up trouble of a cardiac nature. It's a hard habit to break, as I'm still in withdrawal from Boilerepherine. Unfortunately, I've been told it will last the rest of my natural life, and I have to live with it.

Boiler up, my friends. :)

Except when there is mountains of evidence to show it. You know there is more to bad officiating than just fouls right? Like one specific ref calling a travel on a 3 point shot.

No one is using it as an excuse, but a factor.
But is there mountains of evidence?

What’s the argument here? Is it the refs don’t like Purdue? Is it we have bad luck? We’re cursed? Is it that they don’t like Painter or Brohm? What is it?

I’m trying to follow the argument here but it doesn’t make sense. Fouls or non fouls can be called on almost any play. Focusing on calls that go against us while dismissing calls that go our way is by definition conformation bias for those that think Purdue is always getting robbed.
To prove my point let’s go back and reminisce about all of the times there was a lop sided number of fouls called in Purdue’s favor or the times Purdue benefited from a bad call to win a game. I’m sure it happens we just don’t dwell on it and ultimately forget about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT