ADVERTISEMENT

Berry out for year for NU

Depending on the tear, he could be back for the ncaa tournament or maybe the second week.

too severe done for the year
My experience was I had a meniscus tear at age 50 and I was back on my feet within 6 weeks. My tear was small. And I’m not an athlete. I’ve seen athletes rebound a lot quicker. Then again, I’ve seen some professional athletes in their prime recover very slowly and have lingering effects.

I’ve also watched many athletes come back and play in knee braces! I’m not saying they are 100%, but it has happened. I’m confident he’ll be fine next year. But I wouldn’t be shocked if he finds a way to come back this year if Northwestern makes the tourney.

I recall a guy named Gibson who played for the Dodgers and couldn’t walk, so he hit a home run instead! Nothing is impossible!

Saw this and feel bad for him and the team. He clearly put in a lot of work to improve and was having a great year. Will be curious to see how Northwestern responds and who steps up.

My experience was I had a meniscus tear at age 50 and I was back on my feet within 6 weeks. My tear was small. And I’m not an athlete. I’ve seen athletes rebound a lot quicker. Then again, I’ve seen some professional athletes in their prime recover very slowly and have lingering effects.

I’ve also watched many athletes come back and play in knee braces! I’m not saying they are 100%, but it has happened. I’m confident he’ll be fine next year. But I wouldn’t be shocked if he finds a way to come back this year if Northwestern makes the tourney.

I recall a guy named Gibson who played for the Dodgers and couldn’t walk, so he hit a home run instead! Nothing is impossible!
I think his tear is pretty bad and while he may be back on his feet quicker than 6 weeks, he will need to rehab a bit and get his conditioning and strength back.

Also, baseball is a bit diff than basketball in regards to using your knees 😂

Sad to see this, I know most on here don’t like NW, I actually root for them except when they’re playing Purdue, brutal loss for them. They’ll probably still go dancing but it’s not a guarenteed thing now.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER

all these examples are fine but we are discussing Berry's condition and Collins had already said it's too severe to return this year

all these examples are fine but we are discussing Berry's condition and Collins had already said it's too severe to return this year
I couldn’t help but wonder if they considered lying about his status to improve their NCAA seeding, like Boeheim did a few years back.

I’ve witnessed a lot of coaches saying one thing and then a player makes a miraculous recovery and they say it’s a miracle. I’m not saying he will return this week or this season. What I’m saying is he will have the best physical therapy available and if Northwestern can find a way to make it to the second round, He maybe be able to play a few minutes with a knee brace in the second week of the tourney . He might sacrifice some speed and defense, but he might come in to take a clutch three.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT