ADVERTISEMENT

Blough ties Everett with total TDs

Onaway

True Freshman
Gold Member
Feb 14, 2011
What I find interesting is he has done this in only three (well 2.5 years). If you compare the stats with Everett they are pretty close.

I hope he gets the chance to start and not have to worry about getting pulled.

Reactions: Purdue85
Jim Everett only played 2 years of meaningful snaps so it isn’t like Blough racked up stats much quicker.

This is the only stat that matters.

This thread is comical.

The OP has a point. Everett was considered to be a QB god when he was here.

Yet, he had a 59% completion rate, and an unimpressive TD/Int ratio (43/33).

Everett's team was loaded with talent. They had numerous players drafted in the NFL.
Steve Griffin was an incredible receiver.
Mark Jackson (WR) went on to an NFL career, which included making "the catch" from John Elway vs the Cleveland Browns.
Rodney Carter was a decent RB, but one of Purdue's signature plays that year was a simple pass to Carter over the middle (out of the backfield).
And Ray Wallace was a solid, solid RB.
I almost forgot Bruce King. (Those 3 combined for almost 1500 rushing yards. D@MN!)

And on defense they had 2 shut down DBs who both would play in the NFL; Chris Dishman, and NFL HOF'er Rod Woodson.
That D also included Kevin Sumlin (yes, THAT Kevin Sumlin), and another NFL'er Rod Strickland.

I'm sure I'm missing others, but that team was LOADED, compared to this team.

While it's cute to say "don't even compare them," that serves no purpose other to shut down conversation. And it's this type of conversation which makes an internet forum entertaining!

I think it's highly interesting to think what Blough OR Sindelar would have done with that team!

Then again, I also think how cruel it was to give us Alstott on such a (crappy) team, when (if born a few years later) he could have been the feature RB in a backfield with a (future) NFL HOF QB, Drew Brees. Ponder that! (Talk about video game stats . . . !)

I didn't intend to make a comparison just to show the numbers. Purdue85 comment about the talent level on the team should make his TD totals even more surprising.

As my friend says he was also "Shooped" which may require some additional work to clear that memory.

Not to alarm anyone, but Scott Campbell is just two TDs in front of him.

Lets hope for a big win on Saturday.

Go Boilers!

I didn't intend to make a comparison just to show the numbers. Purdue85 comment about the talent level on the team should make his TD totals even more surprising.

As my friend says he was also "Shooped" which may require some additional work to clear that memory.

Not to alarm anyone, but Scott Campbell is just two TDs in front of him.

Lets hope for a big win on Saturday.

Go Boilers!
This thread is comical.

The OP has a point. Everett was considered to be a QB god when he was here.

Yet, he had a 59% completion rate, and an unimpressive TD/Int ratio (43/33).

Everett's team was loaded with talent. They had numerous players drafted in the NFL.
Steve Griffin was an incredible receiver.
Mark Jackson (WR) went on to an NFL career, which included making "the catch" from John Elway vs the Cleveland Browns.
Rodney Carter was a decent RB, but one of Purdue's signature plays that year was a simple pass to Carter over the middle (out of the backfield).
And Ray Wallace was a solid, solid RB.
I almost forgot Bruce King. (Those 3 combined for almost 1500 rushing yards. D@MN!)

And on defense they had 2 shut down DBs who both would play in the NFL; Chris Dishman, and NFL HOF'er Rod Woodson.
That D also included Kevin Sumlin (yes, THAT Kevin Sumlin), and another NFL'er Rod Strickland.

I'm sure I'm missing others, but that team was LOADED, compared to this team.

While it's cute to say "don't even compare them," that serves no purpose other to shut down conversation. And it's this type of conversation which makes an internet forum entertaining!

I think it's highly interesting to think what Blough OR Sindelar would have done with that team!

Then again, I also think how cruel it was to give us Alstott on such a (crappy) team, when (if born a few years later) he could have been the feature RB in a backfield with a (future) NFL HOF QB, Drew Brees. Ponder that! (Talk about video game stats . . . !)

And, how could I forget . . . that stout defense was coached by none other than JOE TILLER!

Wow!

And, how could I forget . . . that stout defense was coached by none other than JOE TILLER!

Wow!
played in different times and the game has changed now if you breathe on a receiver , it's pass interferrence. Look no farther than in the Pro's where it's no coincidence that all the QB's racking up historical numbers are basically the ones that came in the last 15 years or so.

While its fun to look at, its apples to oranges to compare historical stats to current because
  1. The evolution of college offenses to be more pass oriented
  2. The large number of rule changes to make games higher scoring
  3. The expanded schedule of including "cupcake" teams
  4. Some of those QBs that were considered good back in the day might not even get off the bench with the athletes we have today

Reactions: PaBoiler78
While its fun to look at, its apples to oranges to compare historical stats to current because
  1. The evolution of college offenses to be more pass oriented
  2. The large number of rule changes to make games higher scoring
  3. The expanded schedule of including "cupcake" teams
  4. Some of those QBs that were considered good back in the day might not even get off the bench with the athletes we have today

Completely disagree with your premise. It isn't apples and oranges.

Yes, you have to take into account changes in the game, scheduling, etc., but that's part of the fun of the exercise!

I always liked Everett. In the time I have followed sports Herrmann, Everett, and Brees were the 3 but I always felt Everett was the most NFL ready at the time. I know Brees proved me wrong but I always liked the prototypical strong armed drop back passer.

I always liked Everett. In the time I have followed sports Herrmann, Everett, and Brees were the 3 but I always felt Everett was the most NFL ready at the time. I know Brees proved me wrong but I always liked the prototypical strong armed drop back passer.
Did Blough tie him in interceptions, wins and losses??

It is just a number.... I just hope we win Saturday.

Is everyone on the thread going to the game?

Are you asking me if I am trolling? I am not, but i was kind of curious if anyone else was making the trip.

I will have pre-game anti-freeze for sure plus our tailgate brewmeister is in for the game.

I don't post much but from what I have read of your posts I think we are on the same page.

After 36 years of watching Purdue football I just am hopeful we are at the beginning of JT#2

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT