ADVERTISEMENT

Blough start?

I'd lmao if Blough carves up the Bears. Listening to Jeff Joniak and Hub Arkush cry a salty river of tears would make my Thanksgiving.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I'd lmao if Blough carves up the Bears. Listening to Jeff Joniak and Hub Arkush cry a salty river of tears would make my Thanksgiving.
Was traveling today and caught some of the Bernstein show on the Score, and he and Arkush were so dismissive and smug about Blough, even making fun of how you pronounce his name. I wanted to call in and inform them that he’s probably going to outplay their #2 overall pick bust.

Was traveling today and caught some of the Bernstein show on the Score, and he and Arkush were so dismissive and smug about Blough, even making fun of how you pronounce his name. I wanted to call in and inform them that he’s probably going to outplay their #2 overall pick bust.

I didn't realize how much Terry Boers carried that show until he retired. By cracky.

Good luck to David. Well deserved.

GoldandBlack.com Retweeted
Detroit Lions‏Verified account @Lions 50 minutes ago
David Blough will start at quarterback for Thursday’s game vs. Chicago. Jeff Driskel will serve as the backup quarterback.

EKa2K2_XUAAfUe-.jpg

146 replies 242 retweets 943 likes

Calling it now. Blough outplays Trubisky and the Lions win.

I know. This is the game you usually have on in the background while you're stuffing your face. Only time I did have some interest was to see what Barry did. I do remember watching the colts tear it up one year though.
Awesome news about Blough. And yes Barry Sanders was one of the most exciting guys to watch. Too bad he had to play for the Lions

Really happy for David. He worked his butt off at Purdue, overcame adversity with a broken ankle and being benched, and still didn't quit in an era where it is easier to go somewhere else where the grass might be greener. The Bears defense is a rough draw for your first NFL start, but I will be cheering like crazy that he makes the most of this opportunity. He deserves this.

I didn't realize how much Terry Boers carried that show until he retired. By cracky.
I used to call the Boers and Bernstein show The Giggle Hour. They couldn't stop laughing for themselves. I finally got turned off of the Score when Mike North decided to run a show that was "a mix" and barely talked about sports at all. This was back around 2005 or maybe earlier. Now I only turn on 670 when there's a game to listen to.

Reactions: Mr_Scott
Name pronunciation? Go David!
Blough them out of the water!

I used to call the Boers and Bernstein show The Giggle Hour. They couldn't stop laughing for themselves. I finally got turned off of the Score when Mike North decided to run a show that was "a mix" and barely talked about sports at all. This was back around 2005 or maybe earlier. Now I only turn on 670 when there's a game to listen to.

I quit listening when Gary from Evanston died. Who ya crappin' was never the same.

We had season tickets to UNC games during Trubisky's last year there because my wife is a UNC grad. Never got the hype.

Genius Patricia with only 3 wins and O.C. get a lead, then go into a shell till they lose the lead. Too conservative play calling cost Lions the game. Blough gets the loss regardless. Hey Patricia, take the dumbass pencil off your ear and use modern tools. It might allow you to have better plans.

ESPN2 headlines. Blough 12th straight LIONS QB to lose 1st game. Dink and dunk 2nd half cost Lions. Only went vertical 1 play and it was successful. Lose lead, then had to go vertical till INT late in the game. No wonder they lose.

Reactions: SKYDOG
ESPN2 headlines. Blough 12th straight LIONS QB to lose 1st game. Dink and dunk 2nd half cost Lions. Only went vertical 1 play and it was successful. Lose lead, then had to go vertical till INT late in the game. No wonder they lose.
I agree and all the blitzing they did in the second half was almost to much for the bears to overcome.

While he did a pretty decent job, the right team came out on top.

The intangibles were there, especially his touch on passes. Probably overthrew some balls he wishes he had back. Bears made adjustments that Blough wasn't experienced enough to play through.

With as much publicity that Blough and Purdue got during this game, it will be invaluable for us in recruiting. Everybody wants to play for winning teams of course, but big time recruits also want to make sure you can get them to the next level. This game showed that Brohm can do that.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
The intangibles were there, especially his touch on passes. Probably overthrew some balls he wishes he had back. Bears made adjustments that Blough wasn't experienced enough to play through.
Did he ever play a season for the Haze? Right now to fat to look.

I've always liked him and thought he did his job well today. As you said, the Bears made some adjustments he's not seen.

Reactions: Mr_Scott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT