ADVERTISEMENT

Berg…

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
I really tried watching him last night, has some nice moves, looks like he has a nice touch, right now though he’s so slow. Next year maybe a 10 minute a game backup, definitely a project that still can be a good player, not a Matt Ten Dam project. I will say this, the kid scores points quickly lol

Reactions: clbndgm
I really tried watching him last night, has some nice moves, looks like he has a nice touch, right now though he’s so slow. Next year maybe a 10 minute a game backup, definitely a project that still can be a good player, not a Matt Ten Dam project. I will say this, the kid scores points quickly lol
He does not look like the typical end of the bench payer, getting in at the end of blowouts. He is not awkward or seem to be fearful of the moment. He looks to me like someone who could play effectively if the need arises. I mean, Edey is not so fast either.

That was the first time I’ve seen him play. He looked way better than I thought. I didn’t think he was that slow. Berg looked pretty good last night maybe that was due to the competition. I hope he gets some more playing time so we can see if he’s it or not.

He does not look like the typical end of the bench payer, getting in at the end of blowouts. He is not awkward or seem to be fearful of the moment. He looks to me like someone who could play effectively if the need arises. I mean, Edey is not so fast either.
He is slow in the sense of dribbling the ball and making decisions. His body is not moving as fast as his mind and that’s probably due to not having much playing time in real games. The ball was easily stolen by a guard from him when he put it on the deck. He also didn’t finish on another. He showed good promise but I wouldn’t trust him yet over TKR or Furst against better competition.

Last edited:
He doesn’t look like the end of a bench guy for sure, if you noticed though, he came in with others and Southern was having tons of odd man breaks, one was a helluve dunk, I think he’ll be a nice player, not there yet though which is fine.

He is alone in the sense of dribbling the ball and making decisions. His body is not moving as fast as his mind and that’s probably due to not having much playing time in real games. The ball was easily stolen by a guard from him when he put it on the deck. He also didn’t finish on another. He showed good promise but I wouldn’t trust him yet over TKR or Furst against better competition.
Correct, not ready for big time yet, he has some positives though, hope he sticks around next year.

I've watched him in the other blow outs and last night. He looked slower in those games and more confident last night. He wont be a low post dominator through his body like Edey, Biggie and Haas. But he can still provide a tree in the post that can score some and cause issues in the lane on defense.

My biggest hope for him and the new 7 ft kid coming in is the pick and pop game. With the amount of wing talent and guard talent that will be here, would like to see more high post game to clear lane out for people like Harris/smith/loyer/catchings to work driving lanes and mid post or kick ball out to the 5 for a spot up three.

If he keeps working and play within himself I think he would be a key piece to have over the next two years to rotate with the new 7 ft coming in.

Reactions: Schnelk
he seems more efficient around the basket than Furst
man, what's going on with Furst? He seems like he's lost all confidence and not playing like he enjoys the game.
I'd still take Furst over Berg, as Furst can guard more athletic bigs. I don't think Berg would be more efficient against the higher level competition that Furst is playing against. It'd be great if Berg could come in and give solid mins, but not sure he is ready for that.

man, what's going on with Furst? He seems like he's lost all confidence and not playing like he enjoys the game.
I'd still take Furst over Berg, as Furst can guard more athletic bigs. I don't think Berg would be more efficient against the higher level competition that Furst is playing against. It'd be great if Berg could come in and give solid mins, but not sure he is ready for that.
Caleb needs some shots to go down, he’ll be fine but I know he can score.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT