ADVERTISEMENT

Beautiful Blue Wall

What voting base?
The people who this time voted for lax crime policies, inflationary spending, war on fossil fuels, open boarder for drug smuggling and sex trafficking, among other harmful things.

Many democratic states have moved to using nonpartisan boards for determining districts. Gerrymandering is awful, but it would be crazy for the Democrats to completely disarm on the issue while the republicans are going to such extremes drawing districts for themselves.
Ok, so you are admitting that Democrats gerrymander too.

Sadly, it’s the courts that prevented the NY gerrymandering. Why wasn’t Chuck Schumer trying to stop this egregious attempt to “rig” election outcomes?

But the Democrat narrative is “the Republicans are gerrymandering to steal Congressional seats from the Democrats”

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerMadness
"They do not know the people, the districts, the problems first hand as nearly as much as a candidate that lived in that state for a while."
exactly right and the problem with the growth of the blob and why we have different branches of government and the electorial college.

Amendment X​

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people. (can you say abortion???)

Reactions: BoilerJS
Well look at the yarn Boiler Buck tried to spin in the thread he started on here a short while ago. Based on that spin, they aren’t moving away from the lying part anytime soon. Until republicans own up to the overall drubbing they took and find their way as a party again, last night will just keep happening. Why? Well look at Gen Z and millennial turnout. They killed it for the Democrats, and republicans know it ( I’ve already seen some idiotic posts about raising the voting age to 21). Turns out, folks don’t take kindly to having rights over their bodies taken away after all, for starters.

This isn’t to say it worked out for Democrats either. Florida is an utter disaster for them right now. But last night was about as bad as it could get for republicans, and anyone saying otherwise is full of shit.
Drubbing? Walker is in a runoff with 80k L votes to play with! Oz never led in the polling. Last night went about as well as anyone reasonable expected and Rs are in a great position to take the Pres and Senate in 24. Biden is done.

Drubbing? Walker is in a runoff with 80k L votes to play with! Oz never led in the polling. Last night went about as well as anyone reasonable expected and Rs are in a great position to take the Pres and Senate in 24. Biden is done.
Yes, a drubbing. I mean y’all were sitting on here predicting a landslide and it’s been quite the opposite. Try to spin it however how you want and keep your head buried up your ass and it will be even worse the next time.

Like a 30 year old running back, Trump has served his purpose and now needs to be tossed aside, so the young stud can take center stage.
Meet the new boss……..

Definitely not the same as the old boss in some ways. He’s not a compulsive liar or flaming narcissist like trump……..although his latest “God made a fighter” commercial sure paints him as one. He’s smarter than trump…….and a better tactical politician.

He doesn’t have the presence of trump, nor the…….charisma for lack of a better term. He is MAGA and an expert in grievance politics, never missing an opportunity to pounce any any issue to capitalize on and stoke the anger of republicans.

He also has an authoritarian bent, having had his way in Florida with a state legislature that agreed with him almost unconditionally. Maybe his “bull in the china shop” approach was simply because he good get away with it in Florida. If that’s his nature, he will have a hard time with congress as president.

Meet the new boss……..

Definitely not the same as the old boss in some ways. He’s not a compulsive liar or flaming narcissist like trump……..although his latest “God made a fighter” commercial sure paints him as one. He’s smarter than trump…….and a better tactical politician.

He doesn’t have the presence of trump, nor the…….charisma for lack of a better term. He is MAGA and an expert in grievance politics, never missing an opportunity to pounce any any issue to capitalize on and stoke the anger of republicans.

He also has an authoritarian bent, having had his way in Florida with a state legislature that agreed with him almost unconditionally. Maybe his “bull in the china shop” approach was simply because he good get away with it in Florida. If that’s his nature, he will have a hard time with congress as president.
So I take it Independent Bob won’t be voting for Trump or Desantis but will stick with Biden?

Meet the new boss……..

He’ll mop the floor with Slow Joe, assuming the old Liar In Chief hasn’t been sent off to Trembling Hills by then.

That’s simply not true. Dems didn’t make up all the red wave/red tsunami talk in the right and left media.
All the talk and polls aside, I assume you’re familiar with history of midterm elections.
The republicans put up horrible candidates in many races, thanks to trump…….. although for some reason he’s taking credit for it. There’s already been some Republican blowback against him. Pubs finally figuring it out after 6 years.

That’s simply not true. Dems didn’t make up all the red wave/red tsunami talk in the right and left media.
All the talk and polls aside, I assume you’re familiar with history of midterm elections.
The republicans put up horrible candidates in many races, thanks to trump…….. although for some reason he’s taking credit for it. There’s already been some Republican blowback against him. Pubs finally figuring it out after 6 years.
Trump was not the first choice of most registered Republicans. He was a useful tool to bludgeon the Clinton crime family, and also fix the Supreme Court for a few decades.

He did his job and can now be discarded.

So I take it Independent Bob won’t be voting for Trump or Desantis but will stick with Biden?
Unlike you, I don’t subscribe to one ideology or already know who I’m going to support in an election two years away…..or prematurely talk sh/t about what’s going to happen in future elections.

It’s safe to assume it won’t be trump…….but you don’t give a damn, you’re just going for the smartass post.

For me, this is perfect.

Republicans are likely to win the House. They might win the Senate, but it doesn't really matter. Either way, the margins will be so slim that a lot of the nonsense that the Freedom caucus might try to pull won't be able to overcome the few "RINOs" (the Republicans with common sense) who won't do things like try to impeach Biden because he's old, or spend congressional time investigating Hunter Biden.

Even if Herschel Walker wins the runoff in GA and the Rs win the Senate back, gridlock will rule the next two years unless both parties get their acts together.

So, we got to see the Democrats take a hit to their over-inflated egos and watch the progressives have to crawl back into their holes for a little while... but the best part?

Trump's hand-picked candidates - the most whackadoo ones, anyway - lost. They couldn't even beat weak candidates like Fetterman. And overall Republicans underperformed in this midterm IMO largely because of Trump's influence.

PERHAPS this will finally send the signal to the Republican party that Trumpism IS NOT the future. Independent voters will NOT jump onboard with election deniers, even in the face of this economy and general political malaise that the majority of the country feels.

If you want the votes, you're going to have to find your reasonable side again, Republicans.

And I say that as someone who voted Republican almost across the board except for our State Assembly member (the Republican was broadly unqualified IMO) and our Senator (who was just a goofy election denier). Every other position, probably 20 or so partisan candidates including House and Governor all the way down to the County Assessor, I voted for the Republicans.

And guess what? I did that while also voting for a right to an abortion in our state constitution as well as a tax on marijuana dispensaries in unincorporated areas! GET THE **** OUTTA HERE! You can vote for stuff that's not strictly along party lines? NAAAAAAAHHHH.

So take notes, dipshits. If you wanna win in 2024, you need to get the **** away from Donald Trump.

Although I agree with some of your post...
I find it ironicly funny that ........You talk about "over inflated egos"....when you are basically Trump Jr., when it comes to ego and arrogance. LOL Perhaps that's why you dislike him so as he is so similar to you?? I mean calling people Dipshits......come on man, do better.

Well look at the yarn Boiler Buck tried to spin in the thread he started on here a short while ago. Based on that spin, they aren’t moving away from the lying part anytime soon. Until republicans own up to the overall drubbing they took and find their way as a party again, last night will just keep happening. Why? Well look at Gen Z and millennial turnout. They killed it for the Democrats, and republicans know it ( I’ve already seen some idiotic posts about raising the voting age to 21). Turns out, folks don’t take kindly to having rights over their bodies taken away after all, for starters.

This isn’t to say it worked out for Democrats either. Florida is an utter disaster for them right now. But last night was about as bad as it could get for republicans, and anyone saying otherwise is full of shit.

Yarn??

How was Democracy at stake yesterday?

Since we are winning the House....and maybe Senate.....is Democracy now gone? LOL

Unlike you, I don’t subscribe to one ideology or already know who I’m going to support in an election two years away…..or prematurely talk sh/t about what’s going to happen in future elections.

It’s safe to assume it won’t be trump…….but you don’t give a damn, you’re just going for the smartass post.
No I’m serious. Maybe you forgot I didn’t vote for Trump in the primary and won’t again unless he runs against Biden Harris or some other radical. But carry on with your preconceived notions

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Yes, a drubbing. I mean y’all were sitting on here predicting a landslide and it’s been quite the opposite. Try to spin it however how you want and keep your head buried up your ass and it will be even worse the next time.
Only in Emo Boy Land was last night a drubbing… but you gotta be yourself.

I will give you credit for saying abortion could be an issue. At least in PA EXIT poling said it was a large issue in the Senate race there....much more than pre election polls said it would be So in that one state you were correct. So that did not help OZ.....but really, all in all.... OZ problem was....he was just a terrible candidate.

Props to Oz for conceding, rather than going full wacko-MAGA-denier. Those people will be the end of this country if the rest of us don't stand tall.

Yarn??

Since we are winning the House....and maybe Senate.....is Democracy now gone? LOL
WWJD? Would he move the goalposts as much you’re trying to? Would a righteous parable be told to go along with it?

Republicans ran a bunch of election deniers. Some wormed their way through but many didn’t. Right now, the Republican Party is nothing but fearmongering and scare tactics. There’s no platform at all. None. At some point the party will have to decide if it actually wants to govern or eventually get wiped out.

But last night was about as bad as it could get for republicans, and anyone saying otherwise is full of shit.
Not really. They could still walk away with the entire Congress. I hope not, but that was certainly not assured. Still isn’t, but when Fetterman won it looked like the best they could hope for was a split Senate again, picking up zero. They can still get the one, if the Libertarian vote goes to Walker, they will. Wonder how many of those will stay home entirely.

Although I agree with some of your post...
I find it ironicly funny that ........You talk about "over inflated egos"....when you are basically Trump Jr., when it comes to ego and arrogance. LOL Perhaps that's why you dislike him so as he is so similar to you?? I mean calling people Dipshits......come on man, do better.
I called the Democrats having over-inflated egos.

Democrats thought they had a mandate. They didn’t. Republicans thought Trump was a great leader to follow again. He isn’t.

I am pretty happy, and don’t really care what MAGA dipshits think of me when I call them dipshits.

Last edited:
Reactions: db
Republicans ran a bunch of election deniers. Some wormed their way through but many didn’t. Right now, the Republican Party is nothing but fearmongering and scare tactics. There’s no platform at all. None. At some point the party will have to decide if it actually wants to govern or eventually get wiped out.
Preach!

Yarn??

No, because Biden is still President, thankfully. Best case scenario is Rs House, D or split Senate. Political gridlock FTW until the progressive left and the MAGA right figure out that what THEY want isn’t what most people want, and they need to work the middle.

Ok, so you are admitting that Democrats gerrymander too.

Sadly, it’s the courts that prevented the NY gerrymandering. Why wasn’t Chuck Schumer trying to stop this egregious attempt to “rig” election outcomes?

But the Democrat narrative is “the Republicans are gerrymandering to steal Congressional seats from the Democrats”
Schumer is a Senator, he’s not at the statehouse drawing legislative maps. Happy to explain the difference to you if you really need it. The extent that each party gerrymanders is not even remotely comparable.
The court struck down the NY map, the court also struck down the OH map but republicans chose to ignore that and use the map anyway.

We can also look to Florida where the court refused to intervene with Desantis’s illegal map that removed African Americans representation in the northern Florida district.

Last edited:
WWJD? Would he move the goalposts as much you’re trying to? Would a righteous parable be told to go along with it?

You are rewriting history. The “Republicans” didn’t run these candidates. Democrats funded their primary campaigns in order to not run against stronger establishment candidates. For example. In NH Dan Bouldac had only 100k in his campaign fund. And then you all jumped in. He was the crazy guy and the DCCC poured millions to trash Morse with lies. Morse was the State Republican leader and Sununu’s pick. And would have easily beat an unpopular Hassan. What happened? Bouldac won the primary with only 37% percent and less than 2000 votes. Think about it your party is screaming about the end of democracy yet poured nearly 100 million into candidates that represented the end of democracy.

This happened in races all over. AZ, IL, CO, PA, MI. Even in stupid house races.

And now you lap up and regurgitate your narratives about Republicans running these candidates. You funded them. You elected them. Why? Because your ideas and policies can’t win.

#IndependentAnalysisAndThought

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
You are rewriting history. The “Republicans” didn’t run these candidates. Democrats funded their primary campaigns in order to not run against stronger establishment candidates. For example. In NH Dan Bouldac had only 100k in his campaign fund. And then you all jumped in. He was the crazy guy and the DCCC poured millions to trash Morse with lies. Morse was the State Republican leader and Sununu’s pick. And would have easily beat an unpopular Hassan. What happened? Bouldac won the primary with only 37% percent and less than 2000 votes. Think about it your party is screaming about the end of democracy yet poured nearly 100 million into candidates that represented the end of democracy.

This happened in races all over. AZ, IL, CO, PA, MI. Even in stupid house races.

And now you lap up and regurgitate your narratives about Republicans running these candidates. You funded them. You elected them. Why? Because your ideas and policies can’t win.

#IndependentAnalysisAndThought

You are blaming Democrats for Republicans' gullibility to the wackos??

Okaaaaay.

Walker has been living in Texas for years. The repubs do what the epubs like to is move folks to the state to try and to get their people in the Senate or Congress. That's what they did in Illinois. The repubs moved in Alan Keyes, from Maryland to run against some dude named Barack Hussein Obama.
Want to tell the audience why the Rs had to move in Keyes to run in IL that year. You know. The dirty trick the Obama campaign did. Similar to the dirty truck they pulled to knock out Blair Hull in the D primary. The Blair Hull who was well ahead? I don’t like when people don’t fully disclose.

And still think Ds pour millions into R primary races is my right wing conspiracy? You never got back on those public campaign finance filing documents I provided you.

Okaaaaay.
You see, it’s Democrats fault that if they point out how awful and extreme a candidate is, it makes the republican base more likely to vote for that person. It’s certainly not the republicans fault that they have nominated such awful candidates and then Democrats point out how extreme they are. It’s not Trump/MAGA people endorsing the craziest candidates, those endorsements didn’t move the needle at all for the primary, it’s all those pesky Democrats.

• Haha
Reactions: db and PurdueFan1

Okaaaaay.
I mean…..lol. But this is the Republican playbook. Blame others. Yet they don’t understand why Tuesday went poorly overall for them.

Okaaaaay.
If these candidates represented the end of democracy why did you fund them?

And yes. Campaign finance is the #1 factor in winning. It didn’t work in CO senate primary. and some other places. But when you can blanket ads across the State with lies you can get 37% of uninformed voters. None of these candidates got a majority in the primary.

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
You see, it’s Democrats fault that if they point out how awful and extreme a candidate is, it makes the republican base more likely to vote for that person. It’s certainly not the republicans fault that they have nominated such awful candidates and then Democrats point out how extreme they are. It’s not Trump/MAGA people endorsing the craziest candidates, those endorsements didn’t move the needle at all for the primary, it’s all those pesky Democrats.
If these candidates represented the end of democracy why did they fund them?

They used a strategy, absolutely. But republicans trotted out the whackos to start with. Start there. Clean up your own mess first, roll out some more moderate candidates who don’t sit there and scream about dumb stuff like CRT and kitty litter in schools and have some kind of policy and it indeed would have been that red wave you all giddily predicted.

That way you could be on here gloating about it instead of making excuses and pointing the finger everywhere else but where it should really go

Reactions: BNIBoiler
Want to tell the audience why the Rs had to move in Keyes to run in IL that year. You know. The dirty trick the Obama campaign did. Similar to the dirty truck they pulled to knock out Blair Hull in the D primary. The Blair Hull who was well ahead? I don’t like when people don’t fully disclose.

And still think Ds pour millions into R primary races is my right wing conspiracy? You never got back on those public campaign finance filing documents I provided you.
Dude, you seriously need to put Qanon down. Everything is a conspiracy with you. Blair Hull was arrested for alleged domestic abuse. Obama had nothing to do with what happens between him and his wife.

I say again, is Democracy now gone since Rs are on their way to winng the House & perhaps even the Senate? NO.....It was clearly a lie that exit polling showed several gullible Dems & Independent voters gobbled up.

Nothing in your response addresses that truth.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
This is what happens when you just put something out there and hope it sticks. Democrats in no way funded the republicans. Just admit that the repubs just have some jacked up MAGGOT candidates.

It was a clear rebuke of trump, MAGA, and the election deniers……..all of which you support when it’s suits you one day but claim to oppose the next.

The first commandment of MAGA. Claim victory when defeated.
I'm wondering how many years after Trump dies will you still have TDS, or will you die the day after Trump does, since your life will no longer have meaning? I've never seen anyone SO OBBSESSED.

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT and SKYDOG
They used a strategy, absolutely. But republicans trotted out the whackos to start with. Start there. Clean up your own mess first, roll out some more moderate candidates who don’t sit there and scream about dumb stuff like CRT and kitty litter in schools and have some kind of policy and it indeed would have been that red wave you all giddily predicted.

That way you could be on here gloating about it instead of making excuses and pointing the finger everywhere else but where it should really go
I don’t think you understand how elections run. The party doesn’t pick who can run. Anybody can run for office under there chosen political party. Charlie Christ has run as a R D and I. And the woman who ran as a D in OK against Stitt was a lifelong R. She knew she wouldn’t win the primary. She should’ve won. She was a much better candidate than Stitt.

Again. if these candidates truly represented the end of democracy. Why did you fund them?

This is what happens when you just put something out there and hope it sticks. Democrats in no way funded the republicans. Just admit that the repubs just have some jacked up MAGGOT candidates.
So you obviously did not read the campaign finance filing report from the non-partisan watchdog. To not believe that the DCCC did not pour millions into R primary races is to be devoid of reality and fact.

Dude, you seriously need to put Qanon down. Everything is a conspiracy with you. Blair Hull was arrested for alleged domestic abuse. Obama had nothing to do with what happens between him and his wife.
The records were unsealed. Just like Ryan’s divorce records were unsealed in a request by a Tribune reporter who went on later to work for the Obama administration. The info released in those docs is what made Ryan (the favorite to win the seat) drop our. Those records should not have been unsealed. Primarily because they involved juveniles. Literally zero reason. But they used a Dem judge and a reporter to get it done.

I know Chicago politics from the inside. You want some shit on how he got his State senate seat? And somehow I know more about Dem machine workings than you do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT