ADVERTISEMENT

Beautiful Blue Wall

Congress could still be controlled by republicans. Got a ways to go.

Many will declare history no matter what happens per the MAGA doctrine.

But it’s clear that things didn’t go as planned for the pubs. Gotta ask themselves why.

Congress could still be controlled by republicans. Got a ways to go.

Many will declare history no matter what happens per the MAGA doctrine.

But it’s clear that things didn’t go as planned for the pubs. Gotta ask themselves why.

The republicans will get the house due to their gerrymandering. Gov and SOS races in swing states have all gone to Democrats, so we won't have election deniers holding those offices in 2024.

The voting base is dumber than I thought.
That was driven home to me by the local school board race.

Seemed a vast majority with kids in school and who actually attend school board meetings wanted the current school board president gone. Should've been an easy defeat, but he won because so many that have no clue what is going on votes and they just voted for the name they recognized.

Yep the Red wave ended at the Florida shore but just enough good happened to halt the craziness. DeSantis 24 campaign just started
It was a clear rebuke of trump, MAGA, and the election deniers……..all of which you support when it’s suits you one day but claim to oppose the next.

The first commandment of MAGA. Claim victory when defeated.

The right wingers are so quiet this morning that you can hear a mouse piss on cotton.

I will give you credit for saying abortion could be an issue. At least in PA EXIT poling said it was a large issue in the Senate race there....much more than pre election polls said it would be So in that one state you were correct. So that did not help OZ.....but really, all in all.... OZ problem was....he was just a terrible candidate.

I hope the "Blue" Enjoy the taste of Inflation, Crime, High Gas Pricing, Open Borders, Drugs, they will be the first to wine......Stupid is , as Stupid does.....

I hope the "Blue" Enjoy the taste of Inflation, Crime, High Gas Pricing, Open Borders, Drugs, they will be the first to wine......Stupid is , as Stupid does.....

I will give you credit for saying abortion could be an issue. At least in PA EXIT poling said it was a large issue in the Senate race there....much more than pre election polls said it would be So in that one state you were correct. So that did not help OZ.....but really, all in all.... OZ problem was....he was just a terrible candidate.
Of course Oz was a terrible candidate and was a carpet bagger like Herschel Walker.

Of course, Oz was a terrible candidate. He was a carpet bagger like Herschel Walker.

Of course, Oz was a terrible candidate. He was a carpet bagger like Herschel Walker.

Well yes he was.

But Walker who attended U of G and is a football folk hero in the state, would have to disagree with you on that one. Say Walker not a great candidate.....sure, that I would agree with. A carpet bagger, not imo.

Important here.....likely R majority in house stops Biden agenda.

Likely sets up great stock market returns as history shows, stock market responds well to govt gridlock .....and will likely happen again as 2023 closes and in 2024. Expect good returns coming to retirement accounts...... everyone can applaud that

Also important long term, sure was glad to see the dominant win Governor in FL .....sets him up well if he decides for President in 2024.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Well yes he was.

But Walker who attended U of G and is a football folk hero in the state, would have to disagree with you on that one. Say Walker not a great candidate.....sure, that I would agree with. A carpet bagger, not imo.
Walker has been living in Texas for years. The repubs do what the epubs like to is move folks to the state to try and to get their people in the Senate or Congress. That's what they did in Illinois. The repubs moved in Alan Keyes, from Maryland to run against some dude named Barack Hussein Obama.

It was a clear rebuke of trump, MAGA, and the election deniers……..all of which you support when it’s suits you one day but claim to oppose the next.

Election denier? I said Biden got more votes. Pretty rich coming from you Energy Denier Bob

Walker has been living in Texas for years. The repubs do what the epubs like to is move folks to the state to try and to get their people in the Senate or Congress. That's what they did in Illinois. The repubs moved in Alan Keyes, from Maryland to run against some dude named Barack Hussein Obama.

So no one should be allowed to move?

Like a 30 year old running back, Trump has served his purpose and now needs to be tossed aside, so the young stud can take center stage.

The republicans will get the house due to their gerrymandering. Gov and SOS races in swing states have all gone to Democrats, so we won't have election deniers holding those offices in 2024.
How many seats did the Democrats get due to their gerrymandering?

Reactions: Boilermaker03
How many seats did the Democrats get due to their gerrymandering?
Many democratic states have moved to using nonpartisan boards for determining districts. Gerrymandering is awful, but it would be crazy for the Democrats to completely disarm on the issue while the republicans are going to such extremes drawing districts for themselves.

Not when it’s for the sole purpose to run for political office in that state. Alan Keyes and Oz did that for sure.

As long as it's within legal requirement to run for office by each state why does it matter?

As long as it's within legal requirement to run for office by each state why does it matter?
I hear you. Not a big deal. It’s all within the rules. I do think you have to move to that state by a certain data prior to the election. It’s just that, particularly in Keyes and Oz. They do not know the people, the districts, the problems first hand as nearly as much as a candidate that lived in that state for a while.

For me, this is perfect.

Republicans are likely to win the House. They might win the Senate, but it doesn't really matter. Either way, the margins will be so slim that a lot of the nonsense that the Freedom caucus might try to pull won't be able to overcome the few "RINOs" (the Republicans with common sense) who won't do things like try to impeach Biden because he's old, or spend congressional time investigating Hunter Biden.

Even if Herschel Walker wins the runoff in GA and the Rs win the Senate back, gridlock will rule the next two years unless both parties get their acts together.

So, we got to see the Democrats take a hit to their over-inflated egos and watch the progressives have to crawl back into their holes for a little while... but the best part?

Trump's hand-picked candidates - the most whackadoo ones, anyway - lost. They couldn't even beat weak candidates like Fetterman. And overall Republicans underperformed in this midterm IMO largely because of Trump's influence.

PERHAPS this will finally send the signal to the Republican party that Trumpism IS NOT the future. Independent voters will NOT jump onboard with election deniers, even in the face of this economy and general political malaise that the majority of the country feels.

If you want the votes, you're going to have to find your reasonable side again, Republicans.

And I say that as someone who voted Republican almost across the board except for our State Assembly member (the Republican was broadly unqualified IMO) and our Senator (who was just a goofy election denier). Every other position, probably 20 or so partisan candidates including House and Governor all the way down to the County Assessor, I voted for the Republicans.

And guess what? I did that while also voting for a right to an abortion in our state constitution as well as a tax on marijuana dispensaries in unincorporated areas! GET THE **** OUTTA HERE! You can vote for stuff that's not strictly along party lines? NAAAAAAAHHHH.

So take notes, dipshits. If you wanna win in 2024, you need to get the **** away from Donald Trump.

I hear you. Not a big deal. It’s all within the rules. I do think you have to move to that state by a certain data prior to the election. It’s just that, particularly in Keyes and Oz. They do not know the people, the districts, the problems first hand as nearly as much as a candidate that lived in that state for a while.

I don't disagree with that, and I personally don't like it for the reasons you mentioned, but I think those items carry less weight for Senate seats

For me, this is perfect.

Republicans are likely to win the House. They might win the Senate, but it doesn't really matter. Either way, the margins will be so slim that a lot of the nonsense that the Freedom caucus might try to pull won't be able to overcome the few "RINOs" (the Republicans with common sense) who won't do things like try to impeach Biden because he's old, or spend congressional time investigating Hunter Biden.

Even if Herschel Walker wins the runoff in GA and the Rs win the Senate back, gridlock will rule the next two years unless both parties get their acts together.

So, we got to see the Democrats take a hit to their over-inflated egos and watch the progressives have to crawl back into their holes for a little while... but the best part?

Trump's hand-picked candidates - the most whackadoo ones, anyway - lost. They couldn't even beat weak candidates like Fetterman. And overall Republicans underperformed in this midterm IMO largely because of Trump's influence.

PERHAPS this will finally send the signal to the Republican party that Trumpism IS NOT the future. Independent voters will NOT jump onboard with election deniers, even in the face of this economy and general political malaise that the majority of the country feels.

If you want the votes, you're going to have to find your reasonable side again, Republicans.

And I say that as someone who voted Republican almost across the board except for our State Assembly member (the Republican was broadly unqualified IMO) and our Senator (who was just a goofy election denier). Every other position, probably 20 or so partisan candidates including House and Governor all the way down to the County Assessor, I voted for the Republicans.

And guess what? I did that while also voting for a right to an abortion in our state constitution as well as a tax on marijuana dispensaries in unincorporated areas! GET THE **** OUTTA HERE! You can vote for stuff that's not strictly along party lines? NAAAAAAAHHHH.

So take notes, dipshits. If you wanna win in 2024, you need to get the **** away from Donald Trump.
Well look at the yarn Boiler Buck tried to spin in the thread he started on here a short while ago. Based on that spin, they aren’t moving away from the lying part anytime soon. Until republicans own up to the overall drubbing they took and find their way as a party again, last night will just keep happening. Why? Well look at Gen Z and millennial turnout. They killed it for the Democrats, and republicans know it ( I’ve already seen some idiotic posts about raising the voting age to 21). Turns out, folks don’t take kindly to having rights over their bodies taken away after all, for starters.

This isn’t to say it worked out for Democrats either. Florida is an utter disaster for them right now. But last night was about as bad as it could get for republicans, and anyone saying otherwise is full of shit.

Reactions: cosmickid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT