ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Basketball Thread

Carsen should be attempting even more 3s than he already does IMO. Whenever youre an elite shooter, the more 3s the better.

Basically, the only players who should attempt less 3s are the guys who cant shoot. Romeo Langford, Nojel Eastern, etc.
Got it....But wait......You just posted that Nojel was shooting 60% from the floor. Why on earth would you NOT want him shooting three's? I mean we were talking Phinisee starting at Purdue, and you said---Nope. Nojel is an elite defender, and shoots 60% from the floor. Weird. I don't understnd why you wouldn't want a 60% shooter, shooting three's?

I agree with Carsen. But I do think he shoots too much.

Once again you try and spin things. This is.....a flipping Purdue board and you keep talking strictly about how great IU is or that they are superior of the rival board you're on. Man, kid you're truly lost.
Where did I say IU is great? You keep saying this. Why? Is it b/c you think this, but don't want to say it? I've never said IU is great. Just talking hoops. Apparently someof you---like you, are to soft to have this conversation? I don't Purdue's approval. Nor am I looking for it. I'm just talking hoops, having some fun, and enjoying the banter. But you seem to soft to indulge. Which is fine. Not all of you can have the thick skin of Mgkcbb.

Reactions: jace465555
Got it....But wait......You just posted that Nojel was shooting 60% from the floor. Why on earth would you NOT want him shooting three's? I mean we were talking Phinisee starting at Purdue, and you said---Nope. Nojel is an elite defender, and shoots 60% from the floor. Weird. I don't understnd why you wouldn't want a 60% shooter, shooting three's?

I agree with Carsen. But I do think he shoots too much.

Huh? Hes 60% on field goals precisely because he doesnt take jumpshots. Probably one of the highest basketball IQ players in the nation

I know, weird..Talking basketball, on a basketball board. Amazing. I mean, who would have thought?

Talking basketball, on a basketball board, is asking for approval? So when I post about IU, on the national board, an I asking for national approval? Same thing for you guys....When your fans come over to the IU board---are they seeking approval also? When your fans post on the national board, are they too asking for national approval?

You see how childish your response is?

Borden, first of all Purdue fans don't post on your board because they are either banned or the thread is mooed. You are treated way better here than the inverse.

Secondly, Painter did not whiff on Phinisee. In order to whiff, there has to be serious interest by BOTH parties. This wss evidently lacking on the recruit's part. He wanted out of town. So no whiff. It does, however, fit into your "Painter can't recruit" meme so you wrote what you did.

Reactions: Schnelk
Borden, first of all Purdue fans don't post on your board because they are either banned or the thread is mooed. You are treated way better here than the inverse.

Secondly, Painter did not whiff on Phinisee. In order to whiff, there has to be serious interest by BOTH parties. This wss evidently lacking on the recruit's part. He wanted out of town. So no whiff. It does, however, fit into your "Painter can't recruit" meme so you wrote what you did.
Where have IU ever proclaimed Painter cannot recruit? That would be your own saying that....Not me. FTR, I think Painter recruits just fine for his system. This year, he's just short handed.

I've never said Painer cannot recruit.

Where did I say IU is great? You keep saying this. Why? Is it b/c you think this, but don't want to say it? I've never said IU is great. Just talking hoops. Apparently someof you---like you, are to soft to have this conversation? I don't Purdue's approval. Nor am I looking for it. I'm just talking hoops, having some fun, and enjoying the banter. But you seem to soft to indulge. Which is fine. Not all of you can have the thick skin of Mgkcbb.
Anyone who has read any of your posts, some here and others on the main board, know you are the hyperbole king when it comes to IU. If you aren’t talking this up, then why are you here? You certainly aren’t talking up our team. If Nojel shooting 60% isn’t a good thing because he doesn’t shoot from distance, then what is Romeo? Last I looked, his distance shooting is horrible.

Anyone who has read any of your posts, some here and others on the main board, know you are the hyperbole king when it comes to IU. If you aren’t talking this up, then why are you here? You certainly aren’t talking up our team. If Nojel shooting 60% isn’t a good thing because he doesn’t shoot from distance, then what is Romeo? Last I looked, his distance shooting is horrible.
Hyperbole? Go look at what I said about IU. If saying they could win 22-23 games is hyperbole, then well, I dunno what to tell ya. Dude you are a lughing stock of a poster here AND there. SO you chastising me is pure gold. And I'm not talking IU up. I presented facts. When it was said, BY YOU, that until IU beats someone, you give no credit. I simply pointed out that RIGHT NOW, IU has five, Top 50 wins. That's "talking them up"? Really? Ok.

Romeo's shooting from three is awful. And I am surprised by that. Hopefully it changes. But even then, he's still averaging 18ppg. So I guess I'll settle for the consolation prize-----for now. Instaed of dropping 25 a game, he's only dropping 18. Poor him. I never said Noel shooting 60% wasn't a good thing. It was a jab at MgkCBB. If you weren't so obsessed with me, and my post, and read the conversation throughout----you would've maybe caught that. But a person of your intelligence---I highly doubt even then you would have.

Green and Smith take too many shots. Touting their ppg when they have sub 100 offensive ratings is silly. Devonte Green is shooting 39% from the field.

So if youre saying they will be major players for Indiana next year, that validates my opinion Indiana wont be any good next season. If theyre focal points, extremely unlikely Indiana makes the tournament..
Youre probably wrong though, will probably both transfer.

You said the same shit about Josh Langford earlier this year. You have no credibility when talking about teams outside Purdue because you simply don’t know what you’re talking about

Reactions: cosmickid
Lol we have 5 top 50 wins compared to your 1 (Maryland lost at home to a crappy Seton Hall team today). Btw, I did say IU would be a better 3pt shooting team than Purdue, and i stand by that. Currently IU is at 37% from 3 while Purdue is at 37.5%. The difference is that Purdue only has 2 good shooters while IU has a team full of them. IU's percentage is brought down by 1 player who has attempted the most 3s on the team. IU is going to wipe the floor with Purdue two times this year (3 times if you get the misfortune of playing us in the BTT).
Purdue will sweep iu per usual. Which one of our players do you think will throw down a poster dunk on you guys this year???

You said the same shit about Josh Langford earlier this year. You have no credibility when talking about teams outside Purdue because you simply don’t know what you’re talking about

Youre right, I said the guy who is 9 of 25 from the field in conference games should stop shooting in conference games.

Cant figure out which Langford I was more spot on about, josh or romeo

Youre right, I said the guy who is 9 of 25 from the field in conference games should stop shooting in conference games.

Carsen is 11 of 36 in conference this year. Should he stop shooting too?

Carsen is 11 of 36 in conference this year. Should he stop shooting too?

One of the dumber comparisons anyone has ever made.

Carsen was 1st team all conference last season. He was tremendous. In 18 conference games last year, Carsen averaged 18 points per game on a True Shooting % of 58.5.

Josh Langford has sucked in conference play for 2+ years now. Large enough sample size to tell us shooting less is something he should look into. True Shooting % of 48.6 last season in 18 conference games. 50.3 this year.

That was a really dumb comparison.

One of the dumber comparisons anyone has ever made.

Carsen was 1st team all conference last season. He was tremendous. In 18 conference games last year, Carsen averaged 18 points per game on a True Shooting % of 58.5.

Josh Langford has sucked in conference play for 2+ years now. Large enough sample size to tell us shooting less is something he should look into. True Shooting % of 48.6 last season in 18 conference games. 50.3 this year.

That was a really dumb comparison.
Lol they are both going to be All Big Ten this year. Just using your own logic against you.

Lol they are both going to be All Big Ten this year. Just using your own logic against you.

You arent using my own logic against me.

One has a proven 1st team all conference track record.

The other has a 2+ season sample size of sucking in conference play.

If Josh Langford is an All B1G player this year, the conference will only get 2 or so teams in from the lack of good guards. Good thing he wont be.

You were dead wrong about both Langford’s. You called Romeo an inefficient chucker. That inefficient chucker is averaging 18 ppg along with nearly 6 rpg and gets to the line more than any other player in the B10 and doing it while shooting a 50% clip from the field. He has a better DRtg than any one guard on Purdue’s roster by far, this after you saying Nojel Eastern was a better basketball player than Romeo Langford.

You were dead wrong about both Langford’s. You called Romeo an inefficient chucker. That inefficient chucker is averaging 18 ppg along with nearly 6 rpg and gets to the line more than any other player in the B10 and doing it while shooting a 50% clip from the field. He has a better DRtg than any one guard on Purdue’s roster by far, this after you saying Nojel Eastern was a better basketball player than Romeo Langford.

Lol.

The great Jim Valvano gave a speech one and this is what he said.

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special"

So I thank you Bay Area Boiler, for taking care of #1 for me today. Merry Christmas you filthy animal.

Reactions: Schnelk and mathboy
Is there any player in the nation as good at basketball as Ethan Happ?

Hes averaging:

19 points per game(on 59% from the field)
11 rebounds per game
5 assists per game
1 steal per game
1 block per game

Hes one of the best college basketball players Ive ever seen, if not the very best.

Is there any player in the nation as good at basketball as good as Ethan Happ?
Hes one of the best college basketball players Ive ever seen, if not the very best.

Bill Walton
Pete Maravich
Lew Alcindor
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Wilt Chamberlain
Ethan Happ
Nojel Eastern

Is that your best ever list? :)

Last edited:
Bill Walton
Pete Maravich
Lew Alcindor
Larry Bird
Magic Hohnson
Wilt Chamberlain
Ethan Happ
Nojel Eastern

Is that your best ever list? :)

The best players Ive ever seen personally are(in no particular order)

Trae Young
Ethan Happ
Frank Kaminsky
Tim Duncan
Kemba Walker
Trey Burke
Anthony Davis
Emeka Okafor

Here is how I rank the bigs in the conference:

1. Ethan Happ

2t. Jon Teske / Juwan Morgan
4t. Kaleb Wesson / Dererk Pardon

6. BRUNO Fernando
7. Tyler Cook
8t. Nick Ward / Xavier Tillman

10. Luka Garza
11. Jalen Smith

12. Nate Ruevers

13. HAARMS

14. Mike Watkins

Reactions: BigEddySprings
Where have IU ever proclaimed Painter cannot recruit? That would be your own saying that....Not me. FTR, I think Painter recruits just fine for his system. This year, he's just short handed.

I've never said Painer cannot recruit.

First of all, a constant meme over on the other site, where you post, is that IU is the expected choice for any in-state recruit. The usual comment is that Purdue's recruits are the leftovers. I think that we could reasonably infer from that Painter is incapable of attracting superior talent.

Now, you post there. Have you ever posted a disagreement? I do not think so. In these situations there is an old saying: ' Silence equals assent." You could point out your disagreement, but you do not. We are capable of inference.

"Our wins are good because KenPom says they are but Purdue isnt better than us even though KenPom says they are."

A lot of wanting and spinning from the Indiana contingent on the board today.

But enough about those scrubs. Time to get my thread back on topic.

My all conference team so far

1st team
Cassius Winston
Carsen Edwards
James Palmer JR
Ethan Happ
Jon Teske

2nd team
Anthony Cowan
Dmitrik Trice
IGNAS
Tyler Cook
Nick Ward

Frosh of the year - IGNAS in a runaway landslide

Defensive player of the year - Jon Teske in a landslide

Player of the year - Ethan Happ over Carsen Edwards slightly
Really...no morgan..did you forget or is it like you saying no way MSU is better than illinois keep up with comedy...you are funny

Really...no morgan..did you forget or is it like you saying no way MSU is better than illinois keep up with comedy...you are funny

I just forgot, Juwan Morgan is 1st team, easily, for me. One of the 5 best players in the conference.

A chief criticism of NET from Silver is that the tool only takes into consideration the strength of schedule in one of the five metrics. Why there are five metrics was also an issue. But with strength of schedule as only one of the five the metrics that could “reward teams with good records against very poor schedules.”

You can already see this with teams such as Belmont, who is no. 9 in NET and no. 214 in the strength of schedule metric from KenPom. San Francisco is no. 12 in NET and no. 330 in strength of schedule. Loyola Marymount is no. 25 in NET, but no. 332 in KenPom’s strength of schedule tool.

I can see why IU fans love the NET rankings, yet, like all of the other predictive algorithms, it is faulty when the data pool is incomplete. Strength of schedule is a real thing and IU hasn’t played a string schedule. I do believe Purdue has played the toughest schedule out of all B1G teams thus far.
I think you’re using RPI, not NET. Belmont isn’t in the Top 25 in the net and San Francisco is 25ty,

As an Iowa fan....Iowa v Purdue coming up in the not to distant future I was hoping to get opinions of how Purdue is playing at the moment? Predictions for the game.

I wish I could give a confident prediction of how Iowa will perform, but I can't at this point. IF and it's a big IF, the Hawks are firing on all cylinders I think they could win at Purdue...but if they aren't I suspect Purdue wins.

So after a hot start for Josh Langford where people proclaimed him an all conference level player finally, Langford is 25-36 (37%) from the field with 15 turnovers in his last 6 games. His offensive rating has dipped to 106.9(would be third worst on Purdue this year) and hes still a major liability defending on the perimeter.

It appears conference play Josh Langford is rounding into form right in time for his worst time of the year - conference play.

So after a hot start for Josh Langford where people proclaimed him an all conference level player finally, Langford is 25-36 (37%) from the field with 15 turnovers in his last 6 games. His offensive rating has dipped to 106.9(would be third worst on Purdue this year) and hes still a major liability defending on the perimeter.

It appears conference play Josh Langford is rounding into form right in time for his worst time of the year - conference play.

How about Illinois losing at home to FAU yesterday down 3 starters? You know, the Illinois team who you guaranteed would finish higher than Michigan State in the B10. That’s not the only miserable take you had, you also said MSU would finish at best, 7th place. And you still want to parade around like you have some kind of credibility because Josh Langford had a bad game yesterday? GTFOH.

He had a better day than the best college player you’ve ever seen, Ethan Happ, had against WKU yesterday.

Happ was 9-23 from the floor, fouled out, and was completely outplayed by freshman Charles Bassey, who I suppose is now the new best player ever.

(Btw - Happ is quite good, as are Josh and Romeo Langford, but u say lots of dumb stuff)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT