ADVERTISEMENT

At what point do we need to move forward?

May 23, 2015
I hope Brohm stays, obviously, but if I am Bobinski I am drawing a line in the sand. This cannot continue to drag on. If he leaves, our recruiting position already takes a hit but with every day that passes without next year's coach, it worsens.

Furthermore, if I am extending Brohm or hiring his replacement...it is time to put a crazy buyout in place to keep the annual circus at bay. We need a coach committed to a rebuild and that is a minimum of four years.

That point is not now. The AD and the coach are the only two who know what is happening and I am 100% confident they have a reasonable timeline.

I am relatively confident that Brohm is staying. If he is staying and has told our recruits as much, let this go on as long as possible. Dragging it out only helps give us more exposure and hurts Louisville.

Unsigned recruits might take notice and see we have a good thing going here...so good that other teams are coming and trying to get a piece of it.

Can't hurt U of L too much. As of yesterday's defection they're down to 9 committed recruits for 2019.

At some point in time Purdue fans have to realize we have a young popular coach whose name will be mentioned and speculated for every big job opening. That's what happens with success. You have to get over your fears of losing him. He actually likes it here and plans to stay awhile.

Being here two years makes him one of our longest tenured coaches.

In a while, our buyout of Hazell will be paid for and we'll have more money to keep Brohm and his staff. Plus our revenues and donations are up. Please enjoy the good times rather than worrying about the future.

That point is not now. The AD and the coach are the only two who know what is happening and I am 100% confident they have a reasonable timeline.

I am relatively confident that Brohm is staying. If he is staying and has told our recruits as much, let this go on as long as possible. Dragging it out only helps give us more exposure and hurts Louisville.

Unsigned recruits might take notice and see we have a good thing going here...so good that other teams are coming and trying to get a piece of it.

Understood. I live near Louisville and so, according to all the media here, he is "coming home". I felt very positive but the longer it goes the less confident I feel, especially since UofL does not seem to be moving on any other candidates.

I am just saying that the 2019 coach will need time to do some recruiting too, if Brohm leaves.

Hoping this gets wrapped up today.

Like it or not our coach and AD have taken the position that they will not fan the flames of speculation by commenting publicly. They have been consistent on this, from last year and UT to this. The only question was whether Louisville rumors would be handled differently. It appears that question has been answered. The response to the Dakich ridiculousness was the exception, and his personally addressing the team and recruits is all that is needed at this time.
Like it or not we are on a need to know basis. Until a formal announcement is made, relax and accept that Brohm is fully invested as coach of Purdue.

Reactions: Wisconsin Boiler
Understood. I live near Louisville and so, according to all the media here, he is "coming home". I felt very positive but the longer it goes the less confident I feel, especially since UofL does not seem to be moving on any other candidates.

I am just saying that the 2019 coach will need time to do some recruiting too, if Brohm leaves.

You aren't alone. Both of our fanbases are suffering with this anticipation and silence. It's not good for either of our programs to drag this out longer then it needs to be. Hopefully we get an answer soon so we can both move forward.

The longer this goes the worse it is for Louisville. Their new coach will have to put together 2/3 of a recruiting class in 2-3 weeks. That’s a much worse position than having 2-3 weeks to secure a full class and fill decommit holes as needed. The pressure is all on Tyra here.

I'm predicting someone within the Brohm staff might get the nod. CJB is staying put, but possibly an offensive coordinator might want to take the shot at Head Coaching should they be ready or at a minimum will be a candidate. Vince Tyra has to close the deal soon to secure their personnel.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
The longer this goes the worse it is for Louisville. Their new coach will have to put together 2/3 of a recruiting class in 2-3 weeks. That’s a much worse position than having 2-3 weeks to secure a full class and fill decommit holes as needed. The pressure is all on Tyra here.

If Louisville hasn’t announced a coach by Dec 6th then it’s a done deal Brohm to Louisville imo. I think Brohm is heading back to his Alma mater and he’s going to take a BUNCH of our recruits with him.

If Louisville hasn’t announced a coach by Dec 6th then it’s a done deal Brohm to Louisville imo. I think Brohm is heading back to his Alma mater and he’s going to take a BUNCH of our recruits with him.
This won’t go to Dec. 6. We will either extend him and raise the buyout or he will be gone. If Louisville is trying to buy time because of the buyout, that will blow up in their face.

Nobody benefits from this dragging out another week. You don't tell your dream coach that he has to jeopardize his initial recruiting class (and possibly his career) so that you can save a bit of money on his buyout. There is a reason new coaches are being named all around the country this week. It is a race to Dec 19th.

There is no rush on Purdue's part. We have the upper hand with negotiations. The longer this takes the better. Louisville is scrambling behind the scenes trying to find a sucker to take over that program on a budget.

I want this done too. But I trust our athletic department to either retain Brohm or get a top quality replacement in short order. If that means another few days or a week of crazy then so be it.

Reactions: mrb202
You aren't alone. Both of our fanbases are suffering with this anticipation and silence. It's not good for either of our programs to drag this out longer then it needs to be. Hopefully we get an answer soon so we can both move forward.
Holy crap - is this a reasonable minded Louisville fan on our board? Welcome - you breath of fresh air.

I would be curious to know the average amount of time it takes for P5 schools to hire a new coach. I get there are a lot of moving pieces to consider but I am sure this process is taking longer in a fans eyes v the admins eyes.

Did CJB have an in-school with Bell yesterday? That’s what I heard but haven’t seen confirmation. Two more CBs going in our favor last night would suggest the “word of the street” viewed the visit positively.
Don't think he's been in to see Bell yet, but Penn State is no longer doing their in home as they believe Bell is now set on Purdue. Another really good sign that Brohm will be staying at Purdue.

Yeah, well you seem all "reasonable" and stuff. We don't have room for "reasonable" Cardinal fans. We just want the "done deal" blowhards over here, dammit!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT