ADVERTISEMENT

Going Forward What Would You Change?

Feb 1, 2022
For me I would like to see focus on developing the team more than worrying about every Big Ten victory. Big Ten Championships are nice but instead of shortening your bench every time the Big ten season starts focus on player development. Go ahead and utilize your top 10 guys just like you did in the non-conference games. You may lose a few Big Ten games you could have won but you will end up with a more developed team when March rolls around. Also, just because someone redshirted doesn't mean they get to play 35 minutes a game. I would also like to look at the roster as a whole and try to fully develop each potential starter regardless of seniority. I say this because I thought Morton, Furst and Newman were under-utilized and could have been developed more so. If they were they would be more ready to make an impact out of the gate next year. They are also 3 guys who if they develop their game have the size and athleticism to do really well. Why can't Furst and Gillis play at the same time? (Did that ever happen?) And I am now convinced we should play some zone if the situation calls for it if we can figure out how to do it well. Would be nice to have that weapon in our arsenal. Also we need to learn how to run a press defense. Why is it we always get pressed and struggle getting the ball across the time line and struggle with turnovers. Why can't we do the same to other teams? To me it sucks that we have not developed that ability. We need to do things somewhat different if we expect a different outcome!

Reactions: Schnelk and BSIT
For me I would like to see focus on developing the team more than worrying about every Big Ten victory. Big Ten Championships are nice but instead of shortening your bench every time the Big ten season starts focus on player development. Go ahead and utilize your top 10 guys just like you did in the non-conference games. You may lose a few Big Ten games you could have won but you will end up with a more developed team when March rolls around. Also, just because someone redshirted doesn't mean they get to play 35 minutes a game. I would also like to look at the roster as a whole and try to fully develop each potential starter regardless of seniority. I say this because I thought Morton, Furst and Newman were under-utilized and could have been developed more so. If they were they would be more ready to make an impact out of the gate next year. They are also 3 guys who if they develop their game have the size and athleticism to do really well. Why can't Furst and Gillis play at the same time? (Did that ever happen?) And I am now convinced we should play some zone if the situation calls for it if we can figure out how to do it well. Would be nice to have that weapon in our arsenal. Also we need to learn how to run a press defense. Why is it we always get pressed and struggle getting the ball across the time line and struggle with turnovers. Why can't we do the same to other teams? To me it sucks that we have not developed that ability. We need to do things somewhat different if we expect a different outcome!
Sounds reasonable to me, but how do you ask Painter about it?

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
Would like a mobile big who can play better PNR defense, and shoot from the outside, to go along with our mountain.

Tough to press with Edey as one of your players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT