ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else notice more people wearing Purdue gear ?

I do. Northeast Indiana is a classic ND football/IU basketball part of the state. I can tell you the increase in people wearing Purdue stuff is significant.

Carry on.
I have a lifetime supply of Purdue sweatshirts, tee shirts, sweats, ties, and a couple golf shirts and winter coats. There’s hardly a day where I don’t have some type of Purdue gear on. I told the family not to get me any more. Lol!

I have a lifetime supply of Purdue sweatshirts, tee shirts, sweats, ties, and a couple golf shirts and winter coats. There’s hardly a day where I don’t have some type of Purdue gear on. I told the family not to get me any more. Lol!
No such thing as too much Purdue stuff ! My hospital recently had a "Wear Red to Work Day" , something to do with heart health. Yeah, told 'em I don't wear red.

Not in my neck of the woods. The two Purdue fans I know, one basically never watched but will keep track a little of the box scores on his phone and the other only watches if he's home and the Celtics aren't playing and I'm not sure he could name 5 dudes on the team.

Not in my neck of the woods. The two Purdue fans I know, one basically never watched but will keep track a little of the box scores on his phone and the other only watches if he's home and the Celtics aren't playing and I'm not sure he could name 5 dudes on the team.
Hey at least they aren't pretending to know basketball. I have many IU buddies that know squat when it's about basketball.....even IU's history.

It can but when you're fan base is huge (and includes many who are not alumni) that number is going to be bigger.

It's a good 'problem' to have, though. Maybe it's one Purdue will have soon (if this thread is any indication). 😄
Bandwagon fans don't necessarily hurt in the money making business. Sure hasn't hurt Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Ohio State football, Bama football, Georgia football etc. Part of it.

It can but when you're fan base is huge (and includes many who are not alumni) that number is going to be bigger.

It's a good 'problem' to have, though. Maybe it's one Purdue will have soon (if this thread is any indication). 😄
I like it throughout the world and nationally, but don’t want any IU conversions. They need to stay with IU

West side of Indy has been trending up for a long time. Purdue gear everywhere you go. Interestingly, I had a flight from Minneapolis to Indy last week and I saw 4 people wearing Purdue gear and didn't see a single IU anything.

Pretty rare I see anyone wearing Purdue in H-town, but I know there's quite a few alums in the area. Guess they're waiting to show out here in April.

Reactions: Mr_Scott
I’ve lived in the Cincinnati area for about 6 years and just recently have been seeing more hats, jackets, and stickers/license plates on cars around here. It’s anecdotal, sure, but I have noticed a similar trend. I was grocery shopping the other day, had my Purdue knit hat on and an older gentleman said “Hail, Purdue!” to me. He was wearing a Purdue jacket.

West side of Indy has been trending up for a long time. Purdue gear everywhere you go. Interestingly, I had a flight from Minneapolis to Indy last week and I saw 4 people wearing Purdue gear and didn't see a single IU anything.
A year or so ago I ran into 7 Purdue people in Italy and 2 Butler. There may have been IU people there, but I only ventured into the well lit areas where there was some history and good food.

I’ve lived in the Cincinnati area for about 6 years and just recently have been seeing more hats, jackets, and stickers/license plates on cars around here. It’s anecdotal, sure, but I have noticed a similar trend. I was grocery shopping the other day, had my Purdue knit hat on and an older gentleman said “Hail, Purdue!” to me. He was wearing a Purdue jacket.
Anytime and everytime I encounter a person with a PUrdue shirt, jacket or hat, I state..."nice looking shirt" or such and they smile and say "thank you" and then I follow with I like seeing people dressed up.

I read "Aztec" in college. It's a good book if you can get past the gore, sex and violence. One of the parts I liked was when the Spaniards first arrives in the Americas. The court "seers" said there were many, many signs in the sky (comets, meteor showers, planet movements) that they were coming so they must be from the Gods. The main character pointed out all those stellar events were ALWAYS happening, it's just the fact that with the Spaniards arrival, more people were looking more often, so it seemed like there were more occurrences. It's like the increase in UFO sightings; when one is sighted and it gets press, suddenly there are dozens more because more people are looking up at the skies than they usually do. Having said all that, There probably is more, the best way to know would be checking the retailers to see if their numbers are up. The other thing is some of those "quiet" Purdue fans may be pulling their stuff out of the drawer to wear more often.

We moved to the Gulf Shores, AL. area last summer and went to one of the local wing/sports bars joints. I was pleasantly surprised to see three Purdue pennants hanging from their walls. So I know that I’m not the only Boiler fan in this sea of Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, and LSU fans.
have you ever been to that Shrimp festival on the beach down there? I saw it on TV and I wanted to go there, on bucket list now

I do. Northeast Indiana is a classic ND football/IU basketball part of the state. I can tell you the increase in people wearing Purdue stuff is significant.

Carry on.
a little off topic, but I do notice the team wearing gold jerseys more this year, which I like

Reactions: Mr_Scott
have you ever been to that Shrimp festival on the beach down there? I saw it on TV and I wanted to go there, on bucket list now
We went last year for a little while. I think it was the first weekend of October. The heat was pretty bad that day on the hot pavement and there was a big crowd, so we didn’t stay long. We chose to head over to an air-conditioned restaurant for some seafood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT