ADVERTISEMENT

And it's on to Vanderbilt

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
I'm ready to put that 4th Quarter in the rear-view mirror. Excited to get back to Ross-Ade for the team and for myself. Purdue is dedicating the Student Ticket Entrance to Tyler Trent, and this Saturday would have been his 21st birthday.

Granted they played Georgia yesterday, but it certainly doesn't look like the Commodores are very good. They have a Grad Transfer QB from Ball State in Riley Neal, who passed for less than 100 yards before giving way to the backup. Their best player is probably Ke'Shawn Vaughn, who we recruited pretty hard before he ended up at Illinois and subsequently transferred. He is actually the leading returning rusher in the SEC. Georgia held him to 98 total yards and they only had 225 as a team.

Georgia averaged 8.1 yards per rush. They didn't have to do much in the passing game at all.

Georgia has elite athletes at every position and depth. We will need a game plan to keep our defense fresh into the fourth quarter.

Reactions: pboiler18
Vandy fan. Coming up this weekend. You won't be able to judge Vandy based on the Georgia game. Georgia will be in the playoff.

The short: injuries are a concern, especially on the O-Line. But I thought that group held their own. We only had 7 linemen vs Georgia and 4 made their first start. I've got no updates for Saturday.

We're expecting to have a pretty good team this year, but the QB play was a little worrisome. We've got weapons on offense: Vaughn, Pinkney (who may have gotten hurt) and a deep WR corps. I would expect Vandy to get in the 30s vs Purdue, unless we really have big problems at QB.

Reactions: Boiler_Pete99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT