ADVERTISEMENT

All I want...

typeviic

True Freshman
Nov 30, 2003
to do in the BTT is exorcise some regular season demons...
Seriously though, the BTT champ will be a huge badge of honor this year, since no team actually 'stood out' above the rest.

You must be kidding! IU is in a class all by themselves. It's a wonder why they aren't being considered a #1 seed in the Big Dance!! TIC

to do in the BTT is exorcise some regular season demons...
Seriously though, the BTT champ will be a huge badge of honor this year, since no team actually 'stood out' above the rest.
That's right. Also, don't forget that the schedule was unbalanced like Mike Tirico said last night which takes the luster off of ANY outright or shared big ten winning record (I'm not going to even call it a championship, because it's not that anymore). But to boot, you had IU with the easiest schedule in the big ten and Wisconsin with the hardest. So the B1G RS isn't what it used to be by any stretch of the imagination. And this is not a slam to IU, it's just reality. Show us your kahoonus in the tourney and we'll see what real men are made of. If IU wins the big ten tourney, then they are legit. If they don't, they can go back to bloomington in tears and wipe those tears with the tissue that the PRSB10C is written on.
(PaperRegularSeasonBig10Championship)

ya'll realize it's been unbalanced for a while right?

hahaha... like.. it was unbalanced when ya'll got a SHARE of it in 2010

Yea back then you played 8 of 10 conference teams twice. The two teams we didn't play twice both finished with losing records while the two teams we tied with didn't even have to play one another twice.

This season, you only play 5 of 13 conference opponents twice and IU's conference SOS is the worst in the conference according to RPI.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Reactions: BBG and FLAG HUNTER
Hey typeiiic, looking at your avatar, do you scale model? Not trying to hijack your thread but I do 1/35 world war 2 vehicles. Great hobby. Brings out the engineering geek in me.

Agree, the B1G has not played full round robins since PSU joined in the early 90s.

That said, the addition of MD and Rutgers (without any corresponding addition of conference games) has made the conference schedules even more unbalanced.

I still think the regular season title means something. In fact, I think it means a lot. And I still want Purdue to win the regular season title. So, I tip my hat to Indiana for winning it this year.

But schedules aren't as even as they were even five years ago.

Agree, the B1G has not played full round robins since PSU joined in the early 90s.

That said, the addition of MD and Rutgers (without any corresponding addition of conference games) has made the conference schedules even more unbalanced.

I still think the regular season title means something. In fact, I think it means a lot. And I still want Purdue to win the regular season title. So, I tip my hat to Indiana for winning it this year.

But schedules aren't as even as they were even five years ago.
Yes, the schedules are out of whack. Lets take this for example. IU didn't have to play Maryland or Purdue on the road, and we know they would have lost both. They also got to play lowly team after lowly team home and away, lol....that's just a joke. They also didn't have to play OSU on the road (very likely an "L"), the list goes on and on. Having said all that, I am very respectful of a teams accomplishments and all teams in the big ten for what schedule they were given. But let's make it fair-play here OK. Let's get this thing corrected by doing one of two things. Drop a moniker of "championship" from the reg. season. Like other conferences have. And only award the championship to the team that endures the neutral court victory of the Big Ten Tourney. The only other way to fix it is to play 26 conference games and 5 pre-conference games. I like that because coaches can't schedule cup-cakes,,,let's face it, there are a ton of cup-cakes in the BIG TEN as it is,,,just ask the mighty Hoosiers.

Hey typeiiic, looking at your avatar, do you scale model? Not trying to hijack your thread but I do 1/35 world war 2 vehicles. Great hobby. Brings out the engineering geek in me.

Yeah, 1/35scale WWII. So far I have built a Panzer IV-H, Tiger 1, KV-2, JS-2, T-34, SU-100, Panther Ausf J,,,,

Yes, the schedules are out of whack. Lets take this for example. IU didn't have to play Maryland or Purdue on the road, and we know they would have lost both. They also got to play lowly team after lowly team home and away, lol....that's just a joke. They also didn't have to play OSU on the road (very likely an "L"), the list goes on and on. Having said all that, I am very respectful of a teams accomplishments and all teams in the big ten for what schedule they were given. But let's make it fair-play here OK. Let's get this thing corrected by doing one of two things. Drop a moniker of "championship" from the reg. season. Like other conferences have. And only award the championship to the team that endures the neutral court victory of the Big Ten Tourney. The only other way to fix it is to play 26 conference games and 5 pre-conference games. I like that because coaches can't schedule cup-cakes,,,let's face it, there are a ton of cup-cakes in the BIG TEN as it is,,,just ask the mighty Hoosiers.
I agree Iowa on the road was a loss.....so was Illinois....it was guaranteed to be a humiliating loss.

Reactions: honey_badger
Yeah, 1/35scale WWII. So far I have built a Panzer IV-H, Tiger 1, KV-2, JS-2, T-34, SU-100, Panther Ausf J,,,,
What brand do you prefer? I prefer AFV Club but they don't have a great selection. I build Dragon (which I think has great designs but poor QC) and Tamiya (which can be too basic at times). I'm building a Dragon Marder right now.

What brand do you prefer? I prefer AFV Club but they don't have a great selection. I build Dragon (which I think has great designs but poor QC) and Tamiya (which can be too basic at times). I'm building a Dragon Marder right now.
Dragon and tamiya

Dragon and tamiya
are you guys familiar with Vietnam War era war models? I am very familiar with the weapons of the time but what brand would you prefer (jets, recon planes, tanks, tracks, radios, guns (M-14. M-16), 6x's , howitzers, M-79's, etc.)

IU didn't have to play Maryland or Purdue on the road, and we know they would have lost both.

You also "knew" that IU would lose by 25 points in Iowa City. And if you check the SOS within the Big 10 (Pomeroy), it wasn't IU that had the weakest schedule (11th). Michigan State was 13th, and Ohio State, 14th.

Not sure we should be ripping iu for their SOS or unbalanced B10 schedule. I hate them as much as I hate ISIS, but the fact remains, they beat us in the head/head matchup. We had our shot at them and crapped the bed.

are you guys familiar with Vietnam War era war models? I am very familiar with the weapons of the time but what brand would you prefer (jets, recon planes, tanks, tracks, radios, guns (M-14. M-16), 6x's , howitzers, M-79's, etc.)
I only build WW2 but Tamiya probably has the widest range of options both in selection and in difficulty level. That's a great brand to start your hobby. Dragon and AFV Club are much more detailed and typically have 2-3x the pieces and assembly steps.

Guys...like it or not, IU has the regular season championship outright which until beaten makes them a pretty good team. If we play them again and beat them, then talk. Ferrell, a player I cant stand, has had a hell of a run. FWIW.

Reactions: mathboy
Guys...like it or not, IU has the regular season championship outright which until beaten makes them a pretty good team. If we play them again and beat them, then talk. Ferrell, a player I cant stand, has had a hell of a run. FWIW.

I couldn't "like" this, but I do agree you are right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT