ADVERTISEMENT

Walters

I’d take him

Was never a great outward recruiter…never had the best classes or stars but always had dudes who could play.

I think he left due to the NIL emergence. If he doesn’t want to play that game (and I don’t blame him for not) he’s not going to be successful anywhere again.
I'd take him too but w/ Purdue it would most likely be a guy like Chryst than Patterson ( in that age bracket )

They didn’t know that at the time. Think prospective

You’re a g5 coach. You know you’re Urb 2.0. There are whispers that you are.

You’re going to Purdue for paltry NIL backing to play Notre Dame and North Carolina in 2027?

Notre dame might be eh that year for their standards, they might be amazing. Sure, North Carolina could see the ACC split and could end up in the Caribbean conference with st Thomas college and 65 outbound transfers. I doubt it though.

You’re that coach and your agent brings in people who say they have reason to believe Minnesota, NC State, Oklahoma state and Clemson jobs may open in December 2025. You take the Purdue job?

Not Chris creighton. Say you are.. 2017 Jeff brohm.

“But creighton is better than Walters.” True. Anyone would be a fool to argue otherwise. Say Walters gets to 3-9 and keeps games closer than you think or even 4-8. Say Bobo has reason to believe that revenue sharing will kick in in a way that allows players to be paid under a different model starting in the 2026 season.

I say keep him even if it’s worse than that. I want the hire to be made with that promise rather than be locked in to Chris creighton for 2-3 years when revenue sharing will dramatically raise the stature of the Purdue job
You are worried about UNC in 2027?

You are worried about UNC in 2027?
He’s worried about everything. Mostly stuff out of his control!

UNC is a mid level P4 game. If we can’t beat them we will have problems beating BIG teams. I’d rather win 6 and play games like this vs 8 and playing only cupcakes.

In IUs case if they have a loss or even 2 their cupcake OOC will come back and bite them big time!

He’s worried about everything. Mostly stuff out of his control!

UNC is a mid level P4 game. If we can’t beat them we will have problems beating BIG teams. I’d rather win 6 and play games like this vs 8 and playing only cupcakes.

In IUs case if they have a loss or even 2 their cupcake OOC will come back and bite them big time!
Yeah but we should not be playing ND AND UNC in the non-conference.

Yeah but we should not be playing ND AND UNC in the non-conference.
Why not? We weren’t worried about teams like that when we had a good coach in place.

ND is solid but not unbeatable. UNC is a 6-8 win ACC team. These are not perennial national Championship juggernauts. The second we talk about cupcake scheduling we have given up!

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Why not? We weren’t worried about teams like that when we had a good coach in place.

ND is solid but not unbeatable. UNC is a 6-8 win ACC team. These are not perennial national Championship juggernauts. The second we talk about cupcake scheduling we have given up!
I think we should be playing 1 good P5 program and 2 gimmes, with the new B1G schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT