ADVERTISEMENT

Actual Malik Hall Updates & Info

This thread is for "ACTUAL" updates and info on Malik Hall. Tired of clicking on "100% CB for Malik Hall" thread and absolutely nothing to do with him. Let's try to stay on topic.

Update: Sill 100% Purdue on 247 CB. Next Official is Oct. 5th to Michigan State.

Thanks. The other thread needs put to bed.

Just some random thoughts here.

MSU makes me uneasy with the history of how the JJJ recruitment went down and Izzo flipping him at the last minute. Not making this sour grapes because Izzo is a HOF coach with FF experience and I get why he can ans should pull elite talent, but if JJJ goes to Purdue last year it's crazy to think how the year might have went. Purdue likely wins the B1G, is a No 1 seed, and still have depth down stretch with injuries to Haas and Edwards with JJJ having a staring role in the big dance. On the flip, MSU with JJJ and Bridges ends up winning B1G with easy schedule and then flames out in 2nd round with JJJ on the bench. He is a top 5 pick with whatever school he chooses, that has nothing to do with Izzo.

I guess my point is it will be interesting to see if Oregon and MSU recruit against Purdue and it not being as"elite" as those programs. What it boils down to is getting players like Hall to Purdue is the fine line between sweet 16's and competing for B1G titles, to regulaly being a threat to go deep in March and become one of those elite programs.

Painter did a great job with Newman. Now let him seal it with Hall who will thrive at the 4 spot in Painters system. I really think Purdue is the best fit for Malik, but hope he will be able to drown out the noise that will be coming at him the next few weeks.

Painter is obviously making a push for higher rated guys which he should; but it seems we’ve been going against Oregon a lot recently. They’re not a traditional power however they’ve recently made the title game which D Altman can hang his hat on.
We need to win a few of these recruiting battles; Malik would prob the be the core to very good class especially when paired this years Freshman and Wheeler.

Thanks. The other thread needs put to bed.

Just some random thoughts here.

MSU makes me uneasy with the history of how the JJJ recruitment went down and Izzo flipping him at the last minute. Not making this sour grapes because Izzo is a HOF coach with FF experience and I get why he can ans should pull elite talent, but if JJJ goes to Purdue last year it's crazy to think how the year might have went. Purdue likely wins the B1G, is a No 1 seed, and still have depth down stretch with injuries to Haas and Edwards with JJJ having a staring role in the big dance. On the flip, MSU with JJJ and Bridges ends up winning B1G with easy schedule and then flames out in 2nd round with JJJ on the bench. He is a top 5 pick with whatever school he chooses, that has nothing to do with Izzo.

I guess my point is it will be interesting to see if Oregon and MSU recruit against Purdue and it not being as"elite" as those programs. What it boils down to is getting players like Hall to Purdue is the fine line between sweet 16's and competing for B1G titles, to regulaly being a threat to go deep in March and become one of those elite programs.

Painter did a great job with Newman. Now let him seal it with Hall who will thrive at the 4 spot in Painters system. I really think Purdue is the best fit for Malik, but hope he will be able to drown out the noise that will be coming at him the next few weeks.
This came up in another thread. When did Oregon become an elite program?

I will admit, this is the first recruit that I have really followed on Twitter, so I may be just inexperienced here, but he sure seemed to enjoy the OV.
I'm a bit concerned that he's been retweeting a lot of OK, and "Boomer Sooner" tweets the last few days. Again, may just be me, and my inexperience though.

Hell, they didn't even put him in an actual O.U. uniform, for the promo pics they did...his tweet was just in some sort of warm-ups type outfit.
Although Purdue fans seemed to be first ones to comment on it, the Sooner fans sure seemed to come on strong later in the day, once they found out he had posted the "How does it look on me?" tweet.

A little cause for concern is that a well connected Chicagoland AAU coach is saying Purdue is not in fact in the lead for Hall at this point despite what the CB predictions. Normally I wouldn't pay attention to this stuff but the guy went to my HS and has been an insider for a while. He's been spot on with several recruiting predictions recently (including Franklin) so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

A little cause for concern is that a well connected Chicagoland AAU coach is saying Purdue is not in fact in the lead for Hall at this point despite what the CB predictions. Normally I wouldn't pay attention to this stuff but the guy went to my HS and has been an insider for a while. He's been spot on with several recruiting predictions recently (including Franklin) so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

kYtZecH.jpg

So who’s the leader?

He played in the EYBL, so I'm assuming he's Nike. Seems Oklahoma would be unlikely from that viewpoint. Purdue and Oregon heavily in the running. The connection to shoe brand in where these kids go is simply stunning.
Oklahoma is Jordan which is part of Nike.

All his final schools are Nike.

Reactions: oldboiler52

Cathedral?

That's true. I wonder if Jordan brand still has the same pull? I guess they would since they're owned by Nike.
Think it carries a lot of cache. The kids at UNC and Michigan get custom limited edition Jordan’s - shoes not available to the general public.

I'm guessing nothing new will be reported until he finishes his officials, but is Hall close to any of our recruits?

No clear favorite at this point. MSU seems to be charging hard to take the torch as they may need him in the event that Brooks ends up at IU.
Just like I said with Nnaji and Kansas in other thread, it wouldn't make any sense for Hall to go to MSU. Not if he wants to make a big impact as a frosh. MSU doesn't need another forward because they just signed 4 in the previous class and you already have Ward and Tillman.

Just like I said with Nnaji and Kansas in other thread, it wouldn't make any sense for Hall to go to MSU. Not if he wants to make a big impact as a frosh. MSU doesn't need another forward because they just signed 4 in the previous class and you already have Ward and Tillman.

Rutgers is about to start cleaning up in recruiting if this is the case...

Rutgers is about to start cleaning up in recruiting if this is the case...
Playing time matters a great deal. Style of play matters. So does on court success. Rutgers hasn't been above .500 in conference play since 1990-91 which was their most recent NCAAT appearance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT