ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Rivals 150

Since he and Colvin live in Indy, they very likely know each other. Hopefully that is in Purdue's favor.
More importantly, it is looking like an opportunity to join a program with a proven track record of developing big men and a ton of opportunity available, especially if Painter doesn’t take a big in 2022. Painter has been recruiting more elite outside shooters recently than he ever has, which is ideal for a talented big to get space to work.

That seems to be more talent in the program's backyard than in most years. Even if we could just land a few more of them, that would allow the recruiting trajectory to continue where it's at. The recent history of landing the biggest stars in the state works in our favor. Trying not to get too excited!

I watched a video of Booker and immediately thought of JaJuan Johnson. He’s ranked high on Rivals, but off the radar on 247. Either way, he picked up several good offers this summer and is clearly in high demand. Hope Purdue can get him.

Reactions: Schnelk
To get an idea of how reliable ratings are, especially at this early stage of the class, look at Sam Walters.

# 25 in January
"Tumbled" to # 41 in the June rating
Returned to # 26 in August

Ratings are all good fun for the fans, including me, but they don't determine anything.

Rivals 150 just came out for 2023. I guess Myles should have waited to commit to Purdue, lol. He is listed at 139 and a three star.

Rivals 150
Thats a prettt big jump though, he went from a 2 star not ranked at all, to a 3 star 139th. Junior rankings dont mean much. We will see what kind of number he puts up this winter and where he falls.

Yeah I made a list awhile ago, and basically all his “plan A” guys were stars
Would you mind reposting if you still have it? I'd be curious to see it.

Looking at the roster now, most of the guys that I think of as 1A priorities are the young guys. Jaden, Morton, TKR, Furst. He was certainly high on Newman so maybe he lands in that group? He was happy to land Tre, EH and Gillis, but I'm not sure they were 1A guys. Sasha was a late offer, IT was a legacy, I think MB was sold on Zach as soon as he saw him play but I'm not sure he'd even reclassified yet when MP was after Dick and Kalk.

Reactions: Zaphod_B

Looking at the roster now, most of the guys that I think of as 1A priorities are the young guys. Jaden, Morton, TKR, Furst. He was certainly high on Newman so maybe he lands in that group? He was happy to land Tre, EH and Gillis, but I'm not sure they were 1A guys. Sasha was a late offer, IT was a legacy, I think MB was sold on Zach as soon as he saw him play but I'm not sure he'd even reclassified yet when MP was after Dick and Kalk.

It’s pretty subjective, but an interesting concept to me.

Trevion was definitely a Plan A guy. He was recruited early and Painter stayed on him after his injury.

It’s pretty subjective, but an interesting concept to me.
Thanks for sharing, interesting and well done. Agree that by it's nature is pretty subjective, a couple of thoughts below:

Edey - pretty unique in that I don't believe that he was even in the class until we missed out on the two other guys and we did beat out Baylor for him, but agree that he was not a Plan A guys

Gillis - I'd definitely upgrade him to a Plan B. Agree that he was a lower priority than Hall but he committed way before we lost out on Malik, it wasn't an either / or situation

Tre Williams - not sure whether I agree that Tre was necessarily a Priority A guy after he got hurt but Okoro became a possibility well after Tre had signed

Carsen - signed before Simpson committed to Michigan. Not sure that we would have landed Simpson anyway but it was an open offer to both, whoever commits first, situation

Thank you!

What Plan A guys besides Myles Colvin are on that list?
Dre Gibbs Lawhorn is the only one that rings a bell right now. -

Pretty sure his ranking drop had to do with him being injured most this year. Also odd it lists him at Mccutcheon since I thought he went out to Utah for prep school.

EDIT
* Think we have been watching Jalen Hooks but don't think we have offered. Xavier Booker has an offer yet not sure if he is that interested.

Reactions: jtanoos1
I do not want to start yet another thread about how a team must have so many stars behind the players name to win, as that has been beaten into the ground in the past. But please understand that even with 5 or 6 5 star players on a team, unless some are willing to play the role the team needs them to play they will not be successful.

• Haha
Reactions: West James
I do not want to start yet another thread about how a team must have so many stars behind the players name to win, as that has been beaten into the ground in the past. But please understand that even with 5 or 6 5 star players on a team, unless some are willing to play the role the team needs them to play they will not be successful.
Yep, you've started more threads, than there are stars in the sky, & under nearly as many aliases. Mind if we call you by one of your other 12 aliases (& counting) IUhaterade/BBG/BoilerAndy, ect., ect...? Why not start one under Methboy? No, try Eve, or ThreeFacesOfEve? Try 12FacesOfEve. Do you actually think you're fooling anyone? Only yourself Eve.

Did you see the nice, white jacket BBG got you? It has extra long sleeves that tie in the back.

Enjoy

Dr. Freud

Since he and Colvin live in Indy, they very likely know each other. Hopefully that is in Purdue's favor.
I'll bet they don't know each other like you & IUhaterade do. Say hi to BBG, gd4now, methboy & the rest of the gang.

Yikes, 12, & counting

Not Fooled

Pretty sure his ranking drop had to do with him being injured most this year. Also odd it lists him at Mccutcheon since I thought he went out to Utah for prep school.

EDIT
* Think we have been watching Jalen Hooks but don't think we have offered. Xavier Booker has an offer yet not sure if he is that interested.
Looks like Booker just picked up an offer from Michigan State.

• Angry
Reactions: Schnelk and Poprudy
Just because they both play in Indy has little to no baring on them knowing each other . I will bet the farm none of those doing the rankings have ever seen Colvin play ( no shoes company ). Booker only exploded on the seen when he played for a Nike team ( Indy Heat ) . Braden Smith is one of the best players in the 2022 class but since he play's for Grand Park few have seen him play so few stars . And even when they see you they don't see you . Fletcher Loyer was first team all peach Jam ( Nike ) . Yet Rivals has him as 3 star and isn't ranked in most polls . If Painter offers you then you belong in every ones top 100 . Purdue is a top 25 team basically every year under Painter he doesn't need some guy setting in his parents basement to evaluate players for him and neither do I .

EDIT
Dravyn is been recruited hard by Oregon but I still have him as a Purdue lean . And yes he is still in Utah .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT