ADVERTISEMENT

2023 NCAA Tournament - Purdue

collegehoopsfan123

True Freshman
Oct 15, 2021
The only outcome that would completely shock me would be a 1st round loss.

Sweet 16 should be the lowest floor for this Purdue team. I am saying we make Elite 8.

Final Four is what I am hoping for, and National Championship would be a dream come true.

What is everyone else's predictions??? Let the Madness begin Boilers!

Sweet 16 should be the lowest floor for this Purdue team. I am saying we make Elite 8.

Final Four is what I am hoping for, and National Championship would be a dream come true.

Jenkins is at 1989 points for his career. He'll hit 2k points this weekend. Will be a nice bow on the way to the second weekend.

This year’s Purdue team may be the least respected #1 seed ever. Other than Andy Katz, bless him, no one is predicting the Boilers to get past the Sweet 16, if even that far. I know our team’s play, at times, has brought this lack of respect on to themselves but man, I sure hope our guys are taking note of all this and really force this narrative to change in a big way.

This year’s Purdue team may be the least respected #1 seed ever. Other than Andy Katz, bless him, no one is predicting the Boilers to get past the Sweet 16, if even that far. I know our team’s play, at times, has brought this lack of respect on to themselves but man, I sure hope our guys are taking note of all this and really force this narrative to change in a big way.
Purdue 2023 probably isn't the least respected #1 seed ever, but it might be the least respected since Purdue 1996. 😆

Just keep winning. As Metallica put it: "And nothing else matters."

I look at the lack of respect as the best thing possible for this Purdue team. Time after time, except for the rare & hyper competitor, you see teams that get high praise start to lose that edge, fall in love with their headlines, opponent's envy or desire for their top spot to turn into more hunger/motivation to knock them off.

The lack of respect will (hopefully) lower the pressure to perform (play loose and without fear) and increase the intensity of fire in each Purdue player to give that extra focus, effort and heart to prove these haters wrong. That this team is not just Edey and the Edettes.

Regardless of headlines, if they bow out early, there will be a loss of respect from how the non-Purdue fan sees them. If they go deep, they'll earn their respect and the haters will have to eat their crow.

The Purdue fan supports this team regardless of outcome. These are fine young men that represent the university well. No headlines about guns, murder, other crimes, drugs, etc. Just focused young men building a strong foundation for their futures by improving their games and earning their degrees with hard work & character all while making friends for life.

I love watching and supporting these guys! Boiler Up!!

I look at the lack of respect as the best thing possible for this Purdue team. Time after time, except for the rare & hyper competitor, you see teams that get high praise start to lose that edge, fall in love with their headlines, opponent's envy or desire for their top spot to turn into more hunger/motivation to knock them off.

The lack of respect will (hopefully) lower the pressure to perform (play loose and without fear) and increase the intensity of fire in each Purdue player to give that extra focus, effort and heart to prove these haters wrong. That this team is not just Edey and the Edettes.

Regardless of headlines, if they bow out early, there will be a loss of respect from how the non-Purdue fan sees them. If they go deep, they'll earn their respect and the haters will have to eat their crow.

The Purdue fan supports this team regardless of outcome. These are fine young men that represent the university well. No headlines about guns, murder, other crimes, drugs, etc. Just focused young men building a strong foundation for their futures by improving their games and earning their degrees with hard work & character all while making friends for life.

I love watching and supporting these guys! Boiler Up!!
Absolutely. Relative to October expectations, this team has already drained the $10,000 half-court shot.

They could make a deep run this year. But even if they don't this team still has a lot of growth potential for next year.

Braden Smith is just getting started.

I'm on record for Elite 8

Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
I think it will come down to a pick 'em, slug-fest with Duke in S16. Anything beyond that is gravy, and wildly exceeds ANY expectation I had coming into the season.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I have us falling to Tennessee on my bracket. I want to see us win it all, but it will take a lot more than just Zach to pull that off. Here's hoping I'm wrong!

Reactions: rgarlitz
I have no supporting data other than an intense passion for the Dance over MANY years.
It strikes me that nearly every team that has gone far has had a player put the team on his back and carry them. Obviously, they needed help, but it just strikes me that way. Clearly Carsen did.
Then there are the teams who have a capable player who doesn't carry them. For whatever reason.
Then there is the LUCK factor. Perhaps the most important one. And perhaps why last year hurt so much. We had the luck factor!
So, IMHO, we need a guy to carry us, and don't need a great guy to not carry us, and need a LOT of luck ... We''ll know more late tomorrow.
FINAL thoughts: Edey gets pissed and does all he can within the limits of his abilities. Jenkins get's pissed and just won't end his career with less than all he's got. Furst helps. Gillis ravages everyone in his reach, Braden keeps the ship on course, TKR shows what he has for the future, Morton plays like he did in the PA state championship game, Loyer finds his touch, AND NEWMAN puts us on his shoulders!

Last edited:
I think it will come down to a pick 'em, slug-fest with Duke in S16. Anything beyond that is gravy, and wildly exceeds ANY expectation I had coming into the season.
Yep. Have said many times we are a top 10-15 team, so I’ll be happy with a S16 this year.

Having said that, in my bracket I picked us to go to the FF for the 37th year in a row…

Sweet 16. I believe that we are a year away. I can see a Final Four next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT