ADVERTISEMENT

1965 - The Last Time Purdue Football was Undefeated on the 4th Saturday of October...

Oct 14, 2001
And we've done it again!

None of us could have predicted in August that Purdue would be undefeated this late in October. tic

The 1965 season included one tie (against SMU) on October 2nd of that year, so we have to go all the way back to 1943 for an unbeaten and untied Purdue football team this late in the season. The '43 team finished undefeated and ranked 5th in the country. Let's hope that we can repeat the feat in 2020!

Boiler Up!

Ah, 1965, my last full year of Purdue home football games! As I can't remember that SMU game, it must have been an away game. And the usual beating of Notre Dame!

Reactions: Purdue80
2007 was the last time Purdue was undefeated on October 4. It was the last time we were ranked too

2007 was the last time Purdue was undefeated on October 4. It was the last time we were ranked too
We may be thinking about this differently @nat100, as my post is about the 4th Saturday of October and not October 4th. No worries, though...just having a bit of fun as we FINALLY are going to see some Boilermaker football this weekend!

Last edited:
We may be thinking about this differently @nat100, as my post is about the 4th Saturday of October and not October 4th. No worries, though...just having a bit of fund as we FINALLY are going to see some Boilermaker football this weekend!
Gotcha. Thats what i get for reading this without coffee

Reactions: Purdue80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT