ADVERTISEMENT

If we don’t have karlaftis and bell and lose to Tennessee what do you wanna see

What do you want to see? I saw one person say that with the playoff, as predicted, bowls have become December January preseason games… so, IF we do indeed not have bell and karlaftis (I’d argue we are more dependent on our two best players than almost any good team in America), and you were told that Tennessee would win in a 10 point game that’s not as close as the score, what would you wanna see?

it’s worth noting that we should look back at expectations, as even the most optimistic fans predicted 7 regular season wins. So.. if we go 8-5, seen through that lens.. still a great year, it’s still a tremendous advantage to get to run out players you’ll need next year against an opponent like Tennessee.. vs IU, Nebraska, Illinois, northwestern etc.. who don’t get to do this.

for me.. the list is as follows:

> Joe Anderson - we know what Sullivan can do.. super tough gritty player who doesn’t have tremendous burst. If we depend on him we run the risk of being a team that can’t get pressure with their front four. Not good in 2022…. If Anderson is the answer we need to find out. If he isn’t.. we need to find out. Then, were I brohm, I’d be making that position priority one in the portal and with whatever NIL money I had access to. Also a possibility Sullivan has been hampered by nagging issues or just breaks out next year.

> Oconnell out there developing chemistry with guys who will be here next year like Sheffield, Sullivan, Burks and anyone else he hasn’t already shown chemistry with.

> Yanni - if Alexander may not return (he’s done great here), I wanna see Yanni get out there and establish himself. More Wahlberg would be great as well.

those are my big ones. What are yours

Tennessee -4.5

Feels a lot like a Tennessee cover to me. Purdue being down two first round draft picks just feels like a hurdle that the Boilermakers don't have the ability to jump over.

I really think a good bit of Tennessee's defensive issues the latter portion of the season were due to fatigue and body blows of playing in the SEC. A month off is going to be huge for that side of the ball... Especially when facing a one dimensional offense. Tennessee's defensive line can play vertical and the eyes of the back 7 won't be tested all that much either.

Tennessee's offense is what it is, and that's not a bad thing. I don't see Purdue holding us under 30.

Bell and Karlaftis would have been able to make enough plays to keep it close, maybe even win it. Without them I just dont see the firepower necessary to win or cover.
Reactions: PaBoiler78

BLOW OUT vs LOSS !

I was just watching part of the Maryland game and a thought for discussion came to me.

Would you rather see Purdue play in a lesser bowl against a lesser team and have a blow-out victory like Maryland did today ???

or would you rather see Purdue play a tougher team in a more meaningful bowl game and lose?

my personal thoughts are if the bowl game isn't a new year's day bowl game, they are all basically the same . and i'd rather see purdue in a blow out victory like mayland had today, than a disapointing loss.
Reactions: Musteng and SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT