ADVERTISEMENT

Why do the Republicans want to stop blacks from voting?

It's the readily available statistics and studies upon which those people "writing something" are basing their articles. Here are a few of them: https://www.brennancenter.org/sites.../Briefing_Memo_Debunking_Voter_Fraud_Myth.pdf
Thanks...I hope to look a them later. right now there is a murder/suicide that I am sharing with a guy that owned the house previously that just happened. I do not know them (he does), but there may or may no have been in front of the children. Still, I always appreciate background...assuming you haven't provided something that takes more time than interest right now. :)

It's the readily available statistics and studies upon which those people "writing something" are basing their articles. Here are a few of them: https://www.brennancenter.org/sites.../Briefing_Memo_Debunking_Voter_Fraud_Myth.pdf
made a tab for this...now need to find the other three so I can read what they say later I hope...but not going to miss my basektball time... ;)

had a guy that wrote me two days ago the following and told him I would try to get to it as soon as I can-but anyone that knows the answer speak up ...I'm behind in everything!!! Not in my field and haven't done calculations like this in 50 years! Probably have to know if I'm feeding top or bottom of tank and find some friction loss table...but anyone that already has this...speak up as it is one less thing on my plate...
I am just looking for confirmation that my answer comes close to yours here

Here's the situation.

I need to install a well pump and approx 2000' of underground pipe to feed 2 automatic waterers for livestock.

What size well pump and what diameter pipe should I use?

1. I have a 6" dia. well that is 41' deep.

2. The static water level is sitting at 11' below ground level.

So, a 6" column of water that is 30' deep.

3. The elevation at ground level of the well is 724'. Plus the 41' of depth to get to the bottom of the well.

4. The water tanks that I intend to install will be sitting at an elevation of 770'

5. So the total elevation change is around 87' assuming the well pump is sitting at the bottom of the well which it will NOT be ( needs to be about 3 or 4 foot off the bottom ). So, I am assuming a total of 84' of elevation change from pump to water tanks.

Questions :

1. What size submersible pump should be installed in terms of H.P.?

2. What diameter pipe should be used ?

I know there are a couple of variables here that I do not have the answer to so we will have to assume some things. i.e. -

a. I have not been able to test the wells output in gals/minute yet so I am assuming that the well can keep up. This should only be an issue on initial fill because after that the tank levels will drop fairly slowly.

b. To insure that I do not blow my fittings in the system I will be installing a pressure regulator to keep the pressure in the system somewhere below 40#.

Have fun with this and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
or any thoughts on managed and unmanaged switches---considering wiring house in some areas...but getting by streaming whole house and so this is something in my mind, but not urgent at this time...

I don't read this site, but noticed something about republicans preventing blacks from voting and such on another forum and it took me here. Were your three articles you previously posted in one post or multiple posts? I saw some single links and not sure if those were the ones or not. I can't begin to tell you what has been hashed out and what has not. I started at tab 8 and went to 5 and then started at 1 and went to 3. You can just say multiple or in one post and I can try to find them that way.

okay this is what I have been able to gather and assume these are the three links you listed?

okay this is what I have been able to gather and assume these are the three links you listed?

I had to grab the wrong links because in the (top one) Kapor center it says

A recent study released by our grant partner, The Brennan Center for Justice, reveals that 500,000 Americans could face difficulties in obtaining a government-issued photo ID in order to vote. In the first comprehensive study of its kind, the Brennan Center exposes the many challenges to attaining a free photo ID for eligible voters who do not have one. Looking at 10 states with voter ID laws–Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin–they found that:

and the recent study goes to a blank page. The link to the Brennan Center has been declared as a
"The Brennan Center for Justice (the Brennan Center) was formed as a way to memorialize and put into action the values of left-of-center former Supreme Court Justice William Brennan , the "father of modern judicial activism," by Brennan's former clerks. The organization is hybrid think-tank and activist center housed by New York University Law School. "

I don't have an informed opinion that, but I can state with certainty that the Kapar article is meaningless and believe I grabbed the wrong link you wanted me to read. Nobody is going to draw any conclusions from that other that what someone wrote...and we all know how that is today. I was hopeful more specifics would be found in the "recent study" link that went nowhere. None of this says you are wrong, but only I need to find the link you posted previously that said something you wanted to share.

The second article "check your fact" took me to
and then was about to get here http://thf-reports.s3.amazonaws.com/2015/BG3069.pdf
which took me an article with many footnotes...mostly legal issues. I was able to find what appeared to be links that might shed light on the situation, but the two or three took me to the Virginia dept of elections that too had nothing. So data must have been moved. This is a concern I have in general about losing things of importance due to popularity and hits pushing things in teh background. AGain, the fact I can't find anything doesn't mean I'm looking at the info you wanted me to see and admit I'm not in tune with this thread

just started this one The truth about voter fraud and it is 33 pages and did a real quick scan and couldn't find a study, but did see opinions on numbers of things noted in various areas..but in all honesty without really reading...I wouldn't have an opinion on opinions? There does seem to be a lot of links and so I'll try to hit some others to see those things you wanted me to see, but for now...I'm moving away from this topic for a few. There are a LOT of links from the Brennan Center and no doubt their opinion was formed and so there may be stuff if I keep looking. The first paragraph certainly tells me there must be sound evidence for the wording-

"Sensationalist claims have circulated this election season about the extent of voter fraud, with some politicians going so far as to tell voters to fear that this November’s election will be “rigged.” Because electoral integrity is one of the elements necessary to making America the greatest democracy in the world, claims like this garner media attention, and frighten and concern voters. But putting rhetoric aside to look at the facts makes clear that fraud by voters at the polls is vanishingly rare, and does not happen on a scale even close to that necessary to “rig” an election "

I assume that last sentence goes way beyond voter I.D. since it was encompassing "fraud" however it must occur.
AGain, not saying there is no value in the Brennan Center stance or trying to ignore due to what others consider an activist site, just trying to understand what they looked at for their opinion to be as bold as the first paragraph states. No problem searching for truth wherever that may take us...

just started this one The truth about voter fraud and it is 33 pages and did a real quick scan and couldn't find a study, but did see opinions on numbers of things noted in various areas..but in all honesty without really reading...I wouldn't have an opinion on opinions? There does seem to be a lot of links and so I'll try to hit some others to see those things you wanted me to see, but for now...I'm moving away from this topic for a few. There are a LOT of links from the Brennan Center and no doubt their opinion was formed and so there may be stuff if I keep looking. The first paragraph certainly tells me there must be sound evidence for the wording-

"Sensationalist claims have circulated this election season about the extent of voter fraud, with some politicians going so far as to tell voters to fear that this November’s election will be “rigged.” Because electoral integrity is one of the elements necessary to making America the greatest democracy in the world, claims like this garner media attention, and frighten and concern voters. But putting rhetoric aside to look at the facts makes clear that fraud by voters at the polls is vanishingly rare, and does not happen on a scale even close to that necessary to “rig” an election "

I assume that last sentence goes way beyond voter I.D. since it was encompassing "fraud" however it must occur.
AGain, not saying there is no value in the Brennan Center stance or trying to ignore due to what others consider an activist site, just trying to understand what they looked at for their opinion to be as bold as the first paragraph states. No problem searching for truth wherever that may take us...
I'd suggest you don't necessarily need to read the "Truth About Voter Fraud" report, but in the many subsequent bullet points in the PDF document I linked (under the headings "Studies Agree," "Courts Agree," and "Government Investigations Agree") there are further links to the actual studies all show that voter fraud is virtually non-existent.

Reactions: tjreese
So you realize you just undermined your own argument? You just gave an example that proves it’s not skin color or racism that holds people back or makes people successful, it’s work ethic, two parent homes, and education
I never undermined my argument. I've seen white women jump out of elevators before I get on. Or, folks will walk across the other side of the street. Just because you work hard and successful you are exempt from racism. There were and are many cases where blacks who work hard, good families etc. have tried to get loans to purchase cars or apply for mortgages and have gotten turned down. I remember a realtor in Merrillville, IN a while back sent out letters to the homeowners telling the residents not to sell there homes to blacks. A lot of hard working, educated folks could not buy a home in Merrillville for long while. This has been happening all over the country. Black business have been denied loans because of their skin color. Black farmers have been denied loans. There is a case where a white farmer had over $500,000 in debt and the bank forgave his loan. His neighbor, a black farmer had only $43,000 of debt and the bank did not forgive him of his loan. The point is there hard working, 2 parent black families with education that still experience racism. There are very successful black people in this country that experience racism. Even Sen. Tim Scott says that he was racially profiled several times by the Capitol police going to work. Very successful blacks have been racially profiled and harassed by police, denied housing, and denied loans for small businesses.

Even at Purdue someone burned a cross on the lawn of the Black Cultural Center. A couple of years before I got to Purdue a cross or racial graffiti was placed on the house of the black fraternity, Alpha Phi Alpha of Walden Street.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
<I remember a realtor in Merrillville, IN a while back sent out letters to the homeowners telling the residents not to sell there homes to blacks. >

Is that anecdotal or do you have a copy of the letter?

I never undermined my argument. I've seen white women jump out of elevators before I get on. Or, folks will walk across the other side of the street. Just because you work hard and successful you are exempt from racism. There were and are many cases where blacks who work hard, good families etc. have tried to get loans to purchase cars or apply for mortgages and have gotten turned down. I remember a realtor in Merrillville, IN a while back sent out letters to the homeowners telling the residents not to sell there homes to blacks. A lot of hard working, educated folks could not buy a home in Merrillville for long while. This has been happening all over the country. Black business have been denied loans because of their skin color. Black farmers have been denied loans. There is a case where a white farmer had over $500,000 in debt and the bank forgave his loan. His neighbor, a black farmer had only $43,000 of debt and the bank did not forgive him of his loan. The point is there hard working, 2 parent black families with education that still experience racism. There are very successful black people in this country that experience racism. Even Sen. Tim Scott says that he was racially profiled several times by the Capitol police going to work. Very successful blacks have been racially profiled and harassed by police, denied housing, and denied loans for small businesses.

Even at Purdue someone burned a cross on the lawn of the Black Cultural Center. A couple of years before I got to Purdue a cross or racial graffiti was placed on the house of the black fraternity, Alpha Phi Alpha of Walden Street.
No bank is forgiving a $500,000 loan or a $43,000 loan. It isn’t allowed to happen per the Federal Reserve Board and FDIC. I do see the problem here and that it’s you and BonerBob believe everything you hear.

That example you gave about Merrillville must have been a very long time ago. As of today the town has an equal amount of blacks and whites residing.

Not denying there are racist individuals and racism that exist in today’s world, as it unfortunately infiltrates most societies and is perpetrated by all races. My point is that despite the racism you say you’ve experienced, you seem to have been successful. So you’re saying you’re a black man in America who wasn’t held back because of the color of your skin while in pursuit of your goals and aspirations?

Reactions: bonefish1
Not denying there are racist individuals and racism that exist in today’s world, as it unfortunately infiltrates most societies and is perpetrated by all races. My point is that despite the racism you say you’ve experienced, you seem to have been successful. So you’re saying you’re a black man in America who wasn’t held back because of the color of your skin while in pursuit of your goals and aspirations?
I was blessed that Purdue let me in and chose a good career path. However, there are others with similar background that have not. The ever changing demographics of “Da Region” and the Chicago metro area helps I’ve also seen other aspects of racism that really had nothing to do with my schooling or career. Seems guys keep focusing people claiming racism when comes to holding them back. It is more to it than that.

I'd suggest you don't necessarily need to read the "Truth About Voter Fraud" report, but in the many subsequent bullet points in the PDF document I linked (under the headings "Studies Agree," "Courts Agree," and "Government Investigations Agree") there are further links to the actual studies all show that voter fraud is virtually non-existent.
I will try to get on here in the morning and describe in general what I would like to find. I don't have the numbers or pretend to know the best approach to accomplish what I would like to know but will at least provide a general thought on sampling. None of the approaches would be viewed in light what I assume is a national verdict, but a verdict on more state and local fraud that can create national problems if it happened. I'm on a phone, but at least describe the type of info that may already exist, but can't find. I'm going to check some basketball things before bed.

Okay, real quick if I can. I have not read this thread and rarely read over here. I guess for many years I never noticed that towards the top and to the right there was an area that listed recent posts and such. That said, it is not that I think politics are not important, because I do...very much. I just don’t think any of us know what we don’t know obviously, but also that we don’t know what we don’t know. Clearly it was easy to see the extreme bias in the media with so many faces and then the censorship which is even worse. The parroting of the media using the same words reminds me of a school board forum where those running (new and current) were to take questions from the audience. The typical fluff type questions were supplied by well meaning, but ignorant community people on education. I fired off educational topics which resulted in showing the current board members (who stated with very similar words and what they wanted to do as an introduction-primed by the supt.) had no knowledge of education, but merely the political puppets the supt had led. Final result…complete removal of existing board members, with supt and principal leaving on their own knowing the sham wasn’t going to last long. So, seeing the media parroting the same words reminds me of another time with different puppets and how we used to laugh at Bagdad Bob.

There was no systemic voter fraud. There was fraud, just not systemic, but don’t confuse systemic with impact. The statistical abnormalities existed as well as the devious methods that generated the data. There were years where daily media comments parroted Russia this and that, and those things we know were not true, when it was China that was and is our real concern…as well as things not listed by the media things they wouldn’t touch that were also true. So, the media we know was complicit in false things with the most similar in unison verbiage possible. Whether that was directive from their leadership or ideology…I have no idea. I just know that Bagdad Bob was still alive.

I think that anything outside of pure proof in verifying the voter in person as a legal voter in that local area and district opens up the potential of fraud. Naturally, that unique number for “verification” could only vote once. How all that could be worked out I don’t know, but it should. I can’t think of any reason why it should be dismissed, but a lot of reasons why existing politicians may not care. When consideration is given at the national level, the actual voter identification fraud in person would be too small for presidential and senate alteration of results. However, for the house and local positions it might not be, and they too are important in local decisions in the USA as well as each states reps that are elected and so on.

What I wanted to see to say fraud existed at this rate or that rate was a study that defined a percent and confidence level for finding that percent of fraud. The format that would be used would no doubt want to detect a single percent (to throw a number out, but some predetermined number and one that would find the fractional percent if previous elections resulted in that) since less than a percent differential exists in many races and sampling might have more concentration in areas where previous areas of concern existed. Those legal voters do not deserve to have their vote canceled by something not legal…no matter how small it is believed to be. So, I think only VERY special cases of proof should exist where a vote can be made by not showing up in person…as well as consistent voter ID verification standards that allow a single vote by that unique number. People will counter with voter suppression, but we know those people get out and do what they want and with a sufficient time (month prior to election???) to prove that verification and vote would be possible. No doubt cries of profiling would exist, but every person that has ever been charged with finding problems and actually fixing something profiles with current knowledge known…whether industrial or in real life. Sampling other areas would be fine if that was desired, but until there is comfort in this single area being legit for the smaller races I could see a need to find out how big of a problem it is and that would be a designed study, not anecdotal (although still meaningful) numbers after an event.

All that said, I have NO idea what the future is relative to voting, but emphasis cannot just fall around proof that the voter is legit. THAT was not the mother lode in 2020 and potentially not down the road either. Still, it is the foundation that must be in place as a starting point. No matter how legit a vote may be…the integrity of that vote…even in person and verified…let alone all the potential problems when not verified can be compromised “after” the vote is made and so focus cannot just be on the integrity of placing a vote, but also must prevent data alteration after the vote. When we build a house, very few people pay attention to the footer depth, width and concrete strength, but if they are compromised, so too may the rest of the structure. That said, I don’t believe those in office, and that is both sides of the aisle, want a whole lot changed in voting or in policy since it has served them well.

Reactions: Sophie1970

Unless you can provide proof of any of this happening, it's stuff you made up.
Just like any black person who was ever passed over for a promotion at work can claim it was because of skin color, when in reality, there was probably a helluva lot more to the story.
Same for being denied loans: You claim it was only because they were black, but you don't have any idea of credit history, income, assets, collateral, etc which would all go into determining whether someone receives approval for a loan.

Unless you can provide proof of any of this happening, it's stuff you made up.
Just like any black person who was ever passed over for a promotion at work can claim it was because of skin color, when in reality, there was probably a helluva lot more to the story.
Same for being denied loans: You claim it was only because they were black, but you don't have any idea of credit history, income, assets, collateral, etc which would all go into determining whether someone receives approval for a loan.
This is another of example of denying racism. This is another example of white privilege. You guys deny it because you don’t experience it. Therefore you don’t think about it; you can go on about your lives. Just because the crosses aren’t burned or no more blacks hangin’ from ropes that there is no racism. Those are easily seen and can’t be denied. Just because you don’t see or experience the more subtle types of racism does not mean that it exists.

Back when Agent Orange was denying blacks from renting in his apartment buildings. His offices would put the letter “C” on the applications of blacks applying. Then get denied. He got sued over this several times and either lost the case or settled our court.

This is another of example of denying racism. This is another example of white privilege. You guys deny it because you don’t experience it. Therefore you don’t think about it; you can go on about your lives. Just because the crosses aren’t burned or no more blacks hangin’ from ropes that there is no racism. Those are easily seen and can’t be denied. Just because you don’t see or experience the more subtle types of racism does not mean that it exists.

Back when Agent Orange was denying blacks from renting in his apartment buildings. His offices would put the letter “C” on the applications of blacks applying. Then get denied. He got sued over this several times and either lost the case or settled our court.

I never said racists don't exists, they do. Both black and white. But racism doesn't exist to the extent you claim and there's certainly no such thing as 'institutional' racism. (unless of you believe affirmative action is institutional?)
The word "racism" has been cheapened in the last 10 years because people claim it as the reason anything bad ever happens to them.
There are no laws or rules, not today and not for probably 50 years, against black people doing anything white people do.
But, look at you BNI. Despite all the challenges of racism, you were able to adapt, overcome, get a Purdue degree and live the good life. Perhaps you should write a book about your experiences overcoming racism and becoming a successful black man in America despite these obstacles.

I never said racists don't exists, they do. Both black and white. But racism doesn't exist to the extent you claim and there's certainly no such thing as 'institutional' racism. (unless of you believe affirmative action is institutional?)
The word "racism" has been cheapened in the last 10 years because people claim it as the reason anything bad ever happens to them.
There are no laws or rules, not today and not for probably 50 years, against black people doing anything white people do.
But, look at you BNI. Despite all the challenges of racism, you were able to adapt, overcome, get a Purdue degree and live the good life. Perhaps you should write a book about your experiences overcoming racism and becoming a successful black man in America despite these obstacles.
You hit the nail on the head. Great post and honest response.

made a tab for this...now need to find the other three so I can read what they say later I hope...but not going to miss my basektball time... ;)

had a guy that wrote me two days ago the following and told him I would try to get to it as soon as I can-but anyone that knows the answer speak up ...I'm behind in everything!!! Not in my field and haven't done calculations like this in 50 years! Probably have to know if I'm feeding top or bottom of tank and find some friction loss table...but anyone that already has this...speak up as it is one less thing on my plate...
I am just looking for confirmation that my answer comes close to yours here

Here's the situation.

I need to install a well pump and approx 2000' of underground pipe to feed 2 automatic waterers for livestock.

What size well pump and what diameter pipe should I use?

1. I have a 6" dia. well that is 41' deep.

2. The static water level is sitting at 11' below ground level.

So, a 6" column of water that is 30' deep.

3. The elevation at ground level of the well is 724'. Plus the 41' of depth to get to the bottom of the well.

4. The water tanks that I intend to install will be sitting at an elevation of 770'

5. So the total elevation change is around 87' assuming the well pump is sitting at the bottom of the well which it will NOT be ( needs to be about 3 or 4 foot off the bottom ). So, I am assuming a total of 84' of elevation change from pump to water tanks.

Questions :

1. What size submersible pump should be installed in terms of H.P.?

2. What diameter pipe should be used ?

I know there are a couple of variables here that I do not have the answer to so we will have to assume some things. i.e. -

a. I have not been able to test the wells output in gals/minute yet so I am assuming that the well can keep up. This should only be an issue on initial fill because after that the tank levels will drop fairly slowly.

b. To insure that I do not blow my fittings in the system I will be installing a pressure regulator to keep the pressure in the system somewhere below 40#.

Have fun with this and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
or any thoughts on managed and unmanaged switches---considering wiring house in some areas...but getting by streaming whole house and so this is something in my mind, but not urgent at this time...
How much water, say per day is needed?
Is there a pressure requirement to operate the automatic waterers?
Hit me up on the conversation thing and I'll give you a hand.

Good to know that the racism that does exist falls within your tolerable limits.

How do you know that racism doesn’t exist to extent I claim it does? That is very arrogant to say. You don’t live in our shoes. Again that is text book white privilege.

As far as institutional racism, these voter suppression laws popping up in 250 jurisdictions in 43 states is a good example.

Last edited:
Good to know that the racism that does exist falls within your tolerable limits.

I'm sure if you look hard enough, turn over enough rocks, and scour the internet with a fine toothed comb, you find some example of racism in your town by 4 PM today.

Reactions: Crayfish57
How do you know that racism doesn’t exist to extent I claim it does? That is very arrogant to say. You don’t live in our shoes. Again that is text book white privilege.

As far as institutional racism, these voter suppression laws popping up in 250 jurisdictions in 43 states is a good example.
White privilege? Most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. It’s so tired...

In your every day life, have you ever thought about racism?
Are you kidding me? You’ve been brainwashed. I employ blacks, Hispanics, DREAMERS, gay, lesbians etc...and racism doesn’t exist at my companies. My top manager is a woman. Promotions are based on merit and work ethic. If people want to make a better life for themselves they have every opportunity like you did. Get over your sad narrative. People get what they deserve, period. You are living proof.

Are you kidding me? You’ve been brainwashed. I employ blacks, Hispanics, DREAMERS, gay, lesbians etc...and racism doesn’t exist at my companies. My top manager is a woman. Promotions are based on merit and work ethic. If people want to make a better life for themselves they have every opportunity like you did. Get over your sad narrative. People get what they deserve, period. You are living proof.
I'm not talking about hiring minorities. Thanks to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, you have to. I'm talking about your personal life. Do you think about racism going to the grocery store, bank, driving down the street etc.?

Literally no one believes you employ anyone but white middle aged men, if you employ anyone at all, which is dubious at best.

• Angry
Reactions: Riveting
I'm not talking about hiring minorities. Thanks to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, you have to. I'm talking about your personal life. Do you think about racism going to the grocery store, bank, driving down the street etc.?
You are absolutely incredible. I don’t have to hire a single minority if I don’t want to. I choose to because they have earned it. If you are that demented to think about racism that much you need to see a psychologist. Somebody has absolutely given you a complex and I have a feeling it’s your urban radio and the other puppets you listen to. You need to get a life. You will never amount to anything if you continue to think that way and your life will be as miserable as it currently sounds.

Literally no one believes you employ anyone but white middle aged men, if you employ anyone at all, which is dubious at best.
I have less white middle-aged men than any other demographic or sex. I literally have one middle-aged man that works for me that is white.

You are avoiding the question. Do you think about racism when going to the grocery store, bank, driving down the street etc.?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT