ADVERTISEMENT

What's the Defense to This?

Army Officer Who Heard Trump’s Ukraine Call Reported Concerns and is ready to testify tomorrow per NY Times
He's Ukrainian. We all know how corrupt they are.
Somebody said he once drove past a dry cleaning shop that was used by Biden's third cousin's accountant.
That whole "colonel who was wounded in Iraq who says he's a patriot" stuff is just for show.

The response to my above titled inquiry may have been tipped when I caught a bit of Lara Ingraham's show tonight with John Loo and Alan Dershowitz which included the following excerpted comments -
  • INGRAHAM: Here we have a U.S. national security official, who is advising Ukraine while working inside the White House apparently against the president’s interest and usually, they spoke in English. Isn’t that kind of an interesting angle on this story?
  • JOHN YOO: I find that astounding. Some people might call that espionage.

The response to my above titled inquiry may have been tipped when I caught a bit of Lara Ingraham's show tonight with John Loo and Alan Dershowitz which included the following excerpted comments -
  • INGRAHAM: Here we have a U.S. national security official, who is advising Ukraine while working inside the White House apparently against the president’s interest and usually, they spoke in English. Isn’t that kind of an interesting angle on this story?
Good ol' John Yoo…...Dick Cheney's guy to put together the Bush Administration's so-called legal justification theories for Iraq War II torture......so very much respected.....
And, of course, Lara...…...looking for a way to channel Alex Jones, again......

What was it he allegedly doing that was against the President's/State Dept interest and strategy?

I get a lot of you do not like Trump, but depending on what a NSC advisor did on his own, especially if he is an army officer, that is a pretty big issue.

What was it he allegedly doing that was against the President's/State Dept interest and strategy?

I get a lot of you do not like Trump, but depending on what a NSC advisor did on his own, especially if he is an army officer, that is a pretty big issue.
Read 70's 9:46 P.M. link, above. Then talk about what's the "big issue" here.

Read 70's 9:46 P.M. link, above. Then talk about what's the "big issue" here.

-I read that article and I came away thinking that Vindman and his twin brother may be more lobbyists for Ukraine than NSC Advisors. -These advisors advise. They do not get to determine what America's interests and strategies are. Very simple. They agree or disagree. The end. That is mainly State, handful of secretaries, and Executive positions that determine that.

-I think he has some tough questions to answer. Why was he so concerned about aid stopping, but he never brought up any issues with defense contracts Schiff pushed for Ukraine after owners of company became big fundraisers for him? Never mentioned the large donation that was made to Clinton foundation from an oligarch/parliament official before Ukraine secured funding. Pelosi, Biden, and Romney's children are all reportedly business people there around the time US got involved/gave aid. No concerns with that? Like I said, sounds like a lobbyist. Seems like he is concerned with aid stopping and has no concern with pay for play. Pay for play with American tax payer money promotes US interests then?

-Unfortunately for Biden, he was VP when his actions occurred. Not a civilian. And the thought that being a political opponent gives one immunity is stupid. I will run for offices in perpetuity in party opposite of those in power and be free of any investigations for possible wrongdoing if that is the case.

-This really comes down to does one think countries getting foreign aid should be investigated for corruption and how they spend it.

If one just wants to write blank checks, does not like the person/party in power, this is impeachable offense. If one wants to stop pay for play, politicians to stop getting a net worth of eight figures on the back of American taxpayer money, this is a legit investigation.

Cannot even begin to tell one the money wasted in Iraq and Afganistan. For me, it sent off an alarm bells when Ukraine did not even know the aid was delayed. I mean, one would think they would see it did not arrive. If not, do they need it? Or if they did not notice it did not arrive, where was it actually going?

Reactions: glidresquirrel
-I read that article and I came away thinking that Vindman and his twin brother may be more lobbyists for Ukraine than NSC Advisors. -These advisors advise. They do not get to determine what America's interests and strategies are. Very simple. They agree or disagree. The end. That is mainly State, handful of secretaries, and Executive positions that determine that.

-I think he has some tough questions to answer. Why was he so concerned about aid stopping, but he never brought up any issues with defense contracts Schiff pushed for Ukraine after owners of company became big fundraisers for him? Never mentioned the large donation that was made to Clinton foundation from an oligarch/parliament official before Ukraine secured funding. Pelosi, Biden, and Romney's children are all reportedly business people there around the time US got involved/gave aid. No concerns with that? Like I said, sounds like a lobbyist. Seems like he is concerned with aid stopping and has no concern with pay for play. Pay for play with American tax payer money promotes US interests then?

-Unfortunately for Biden, he was VP when his actions occurred. Not a civilian. And the thought that being a political opponent gives one immunity is stupid. I will run for offices in perpetuity in party opposite of those in power and be free of any investigations for possible wrongdoing if that is the case.

-This really comes down to does one think countries getting foreign aid should be investigated for corruption and how they spend it.

If one just wants to write blank checks, does not like the person/party in power, this is impeachable offense. If one wants to stop pay for play, politicians to stop getting a net worth of eight figures on the back of American taxpayer money, this is a legit investigation.

Cannot even begin to tell one the money wasted in Iraq and Afganistan. For me, it sent off an alarm bells when Ukraine did not even know the aid was delayed. I mean, one would think they would see it did not arrive. If not, do they need it? Or if they did not notice it did not arrive, where was it actually going?
Fox News to the rescue! Just when decent people think there’s no possible defense, no worries Fox News is there to lie their asses off and mislead the gullible.

Good ol' John Yoo…...Dick Cheney's guy to put together the Bush Administration's so-called legal justification theories for Iraq War II torture......so very much respected.....
And, of course, Lara...…...looking for a way to channel Alex Jones, again......
Typical Fox News, just casually accusing someone of espionage because they’re trying to cover up crimes from the most lawless corrupt President this country has ever seen.

We already have the transcript lol I’ll give them credit while being the biggest hypocrites, the left doesn’t give up! #theresistance

^^This debate in a nutshell. Fundamentally doesn't understand the difference between levering military funding based on policy and American interests, and withholding via proper and transparent channels...vs using it to have a foreign government investigate a political opponent.

^This debate in a nutshell. Fundamentally doesn't understand the difference between levering military funding based on policy and American interests, and withholding via proper and transparent channels...vs using it to have a foreign government investigate a political opponent.
Amen ,Speaking of hypocrisy, watching him contort his thoughts and words on this forum is agonizing. Since he doesn't see anything wrong with this situation ,maybe he should just go ahead and apologize to Nixon and Clinton.

Reactions: indy35
^^This debate in a nutshell. Fundamentally doesn't understand the difference between levering military funding based on policy and American interests, and withholding via proper and transparent channels...vs using it to have a foreign government investigate a political opponent.
someone should have told Ukraine we were "withholding" the aid lol

someone should have told Ukraine we were "withholding" the aid lol

The threat to withhold is obviously what's being discussed here. Why are you so intentionally dense?

Frankly, the simple act of using the office to exert pressure on a foreign government into investigating a political opponent is impeachable itself. But Trump and his supporters are spectacular at moving the goalposts, so here we are.

Fox News to the rescue! Just when decent people think there’s no possible defense, no worries Fox News is there to lie their asses off and mislead the gullible.

That was a NYT article that I read and formed my opinion from. I did not link it. Also, I did not link or pust the foxnews part, I do not watch it. I simply asked what it was he did that was considered not acting in interest of USA. That is all.

That was a NYT article that I read and formed my opinion from. I did not link it. Also, I did not link or pust the foxnews part, I do not watch it. I simply asked what it was he did that was considered not acting in interest of USA. That is all.
Trump pressuring a foreign country to investigate a political opponent = totally ok!
Officials raising concerns about illegal and unethical behavior of withholding aid unless a political investigation was started = maybe those people aren’t acting in interest of the US

How does your mind end up with all this stuff?

It may be the absolute epitome of irony that we see "conservative" Republicans challenging the honor of a decorated, wounded, career military person solely in an attempt to protect the position of someone who avoided a "wartime" military draft based upon the questionable medical assertion of bone spurs in the feet. I never would have thought such a thing would happen. How times have changed.

It may be the absolute epitome of irony that we see "conservative" Republicans challenging the honor of a decorated, wounded, career military person solely in an attempt to protect the position of someone who avoided a "wartime" military draft based upon the questionable medical assertion of bone spurs in the feet. I never would have thought such a thing would happen. How times have changed.

Tribe before Country.

People will look past, defend and not criticize Trumps personal lawyer, who is under investigation and whose two Russian associates have been arrested, when he runs a shadow foreign policy at the behest of the state department, pushing the president's personal agenda...........while attacking a colonel who has distinguished himself during a 20 year military career, included being wounded in action......who happened to immigrate to our country at the age of three.

Who has more credibility? Unbelievable.

-These advisors advise. They do not get to determine what America's interests and strategies are. Very simple. They agree or disagree. The end. That is mainly State, handful of secretaries, and Executive positions that determine that.
This is a true statement. Where exactly does Rudy Gulliani fall in this spectrum of State department, Secretaries, and Executive Positions?
There is a reason that ambassadors are appointed and state department officials who work in foreign countries have to get security clearances. Those security background checks make sure that you have no conflicts of interest compared to the duties you will be performing. Gulliani said that he was going to apply for his security clearance two years ago, but when asked about it directly a few weeks ago, he dodged the question. My guess is that his business dealings with foreign nationals (it might be in your best interests to check out what Gulliani was doing during the years between being Mayor of New York and 2016) probably drew enough red flags that he wasn't able to get clearance. While Trump is able to declassify information directly to Gulliani, that still does not mean that he can dictate policy on foreign soil as a private citizen without security clearance.

Reactions: BuilderBob6

1) Think Vindman " sounds like a lobbyist " ?? " Sounds " like you might be well advised to do more
informative reading
2) Biden - V.Pres. As all Veeps, has about as much power as the White House kitchen staff supervisor.
3)What " it all comes down to " is how Trump, Rudy et al were involved in the separate shadow diplomacy venture, involving political corruption on the part of THEM...……..not Ukrainian officials (a separate issue)
4) EIGHT FIGURE net worths ON THE BACKS OF AMERICAN TAXPAYERS ???!! 97 - you're infrequently the author of that level of goofy, here.

This is a true statement. Where exactly does Rudy Gulliani fall in this spectrum of State department, Secretaries, and Executive Positions?
There is a reason that ambassadors are appointed and state department officials who work in foreign countries have to get security clearances. Those security background checks make sure that you have no conflicts of interest compared to the duties you will be performing. Gulliani said that he was going to apply for his security clearance two years ago, but when asked about it directly a few weeks ago, he dodged the question. My guess is that his business dealings with foreign nationals (it might be in your best interests to check out what Gulliani was doing during the years between being Mayor of New York and 2016) probably drew enough red flags that he wasn't able to get clearance. While Trump is able to declassify information directly to Gulliani, that still does not mean that he can dictate policy on foreign soil as a private citizen without security clearance.
https://www.realclearinvestigations...par_for_the_course_of_us_history_120883.html#!

Perhaps you could provide a link about Mr. Felten's actual background and education? I find comments of others about him but little real information. I have read articles and commentaries written by him but have never been able to find out "who he is" so to speak.
Not gonna do that for you.

This dog and pony show gets better by the minute

I read the article and it is interesting from a historical perspective. The bottom line I got from it: It has happened many times in the past.

And that makes it OK how?

Again, the reason we go through the process of background checks and official state department channels is so that there are no conflicts of interest and everything is documented properly. The article mentions that in a few of those cases where the president turned to channels outside of the state department, the person in question was sometimes receiving extra benefits (allegedly). That is exactly the reason you don't do it.

Reactions: Bill4411

This dog and pony show gets better by the minute

1) There are a lot of dogs and a lot of ponies, all right...
2) What might be " getting better by the minute " is NOT the Trump/GOP's chances of blunting the Impeachment PR disaster that continues...….FoxNews & RealClearPolitics, notwithstanding...

Perhaps you could provide a link about Mr. Felten's actual background and education? I find comments of others about him but little real information. I have read articles and commentaries written by him but have never been able to find out "who he is" so to speak.

It's certainly your prerogative and it makes it easy for me to conclude the value that I should put upon the article. That's quite the persuasive argument that you're presenting. Kudos on the clarity of your thought and the support for it.

Are you really so uneducated that you are incapable of understanding the distinction between an an authorization for an impeachment inquiry and articles of impeachment?
spare me, dude. I have been saying form day one this is a political dog and pony show and it keeps getting exposed. Nancy is clearing CYA'ing for the reps in Trump districts who don't want to be put on the record. Bring it to a vote or shut up about it and stop holding secret meetings ;)

They are once again using their media operatives and trying to get ahead of something (my guess is the IG report).

Why couldn't they just accept the results and try to win in 2020? They have no shot and they know it.

spare me, dude. I have been saying form day one this is a political dog and pony show and it keeps getting exposed. Nancy is clearing CYA'ing for the reps in Trump districts who don't want to be put on the record. Bring it to a vote or shut up about it and stop holding secret meetings ;)

They are once again using their media operatives and trying to get ahead of something (my guess is the IG report).

Why couldn't they just accept the results and try to win in 2020? They have no shot and they know it.
Well, Dude, since you are so adept politically, you should be Speaker of the House.

How can someone be so completely wrong about everything? Do you ever wonder why the facts never back up the accusations from the right wing? You guys are all completely delusional.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT