ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell is going on in Portland?

It’s truly amazing how many people have been brainwashed to think and believe this is acceptable behavior.
All of the people behaving like this are Democrat voters. That's why Democrat leaders and Democrats are all either in denial or silent.

You think Democrats in charge will ever stand up to these hyenas? Absolutely not. They want their votes. It's simple. Anything to get Trump out, even if it means constant chaos and burning big cities to the ground.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Why in the hell doesn’t Seattle and Portland Mayors call a curfew and bring in the National Guard to enforce it. This ongoing violence is absolutely ridiculous. Blaming Trump is jus plain stupid.

Reactions: bonefish1
Why in the hell doesn’t Seattle and Portland Mayors call a curfew and bring in the National Guard to enforce it. This ongoing violence is absolutely ridiculous. Blaming Trump is jus plain stupid.
Their mayors are Democrats. That's why.

Reactions: bonefish1
What should the feds do when local police pull out and an anarchist mob tries to burn down a courthouse?

Reactions: guidelinesa2
The party of states' right everyone, right? Cool, cool.
Where are my 2A friends that have been prepping for this shit forever?
Unmarked Fed officers pulling citizens off the street is definitely what our Founding fathers had in mind.

F Barr. F Trump. F the rest of you bootlickers who support this. F'in hypocrites. Grow some balls and take back your party.

Ever hear of Ft Sumter? Federal Property?

You think people should be allowed to assault federal officers and destroy federal property with impunity?

All of the people behaving like this are Democrat voters. That's why Democrat leaders and Democrats are all either in denial or silent.

You think Democrats in charge will ever stand up to these hyenas? Absolutely not. They want their votes. It's simple. Anything to get Trump out, even if it means constant chaos and burning big cities to the ground.
You might actually be on to something here. Now apply that same logic to Trump and his lack of condemnation toward the Alt-right, White Supremacists, and other "fine people".

Reactions: BleedinGold
Ever hear of Ft Sumter? Federal Property?

You think people should be allowed to assault federal officers and destroy federal property with impunity?
Where did I say that people should be allowed to assault federal officers?
I believe in the right to protest. That is 100% an American right.
I do not believe that feds that are untrained in dealing with riots should be able to pull people off the streets or assault veterans/citizens peacefully protesting.
I absolutely despise government overreach in this situation.

Guess what. You can support the protests while condemning violence and destruction from both sides.

This is a desperate political stunt plain and simple by Trump, Barr, and Wolf to incite violence and further divide our country.

It’s truly amazing how many people have been brainwashed to think and believe this is acceptable behavior.
It is not acceptable behavior, no one is saying it is, but it is also not, as you won't admit, a part of what the peaceful protesters are about. Those into destruction are dipshit losers taking advantage. And they aren't even good at the destruction part. Apparently, though, it helps you and your world view to focus on them and then see all the protesters as bad with no need to hear the peaceful ones. We are not yet near MLK's eloquent observation that "a riot is the language of the unheard," these aren't real riots. If you actually deal with blacks you will get honest discussion, none I have talked with have advocated violence. All, again in my interactions, just like you, me and the vast majority of Americans, want to through this virus and get back to family, working, living...

It is not acceptable behavior, no one is saying it is, but it is also not, as you won't admit, a part of what the peaceful protesters are about. Those into destruction are dipshit losers taking advantage. And they aren't even good at the destruction part. Apparently, though, it helps you and your world view to focus on them and then see all the protesters as bad with no need to hear the peaceful ones. We are not yet near MLK's eloquent observation that "a riot is the language of the unheard," these aren't real riots. If you actually deal with blacks you will get honest discussion, none I have talked with have advocated violence. All, again in my interactions, just like you, me and the vast majority of Americans, want to through this virus and get back to family, working, living...
The protesting is getting old. Points have been made, changes have been made, so it’s time to go back to normalcy. The longer these protests continue the more violence will continue.

Good point. It seems like there's people that feel that a few bad apple spoils the bunch as it applies to cops.
There's also those that feel that a few bad protesters completely discredits the protests.
The truth likely lies somewhere in between.
I'm personally not going to discount the right to protest, just like I'm going to give most cops the benefit of the doubt that they are good.

The protesting is getting old. Points have been made, changes have been made, so it’s time to go back to normalcy. The longer these protests continue the more violence will continue.
What changes have been made? What laws have been passed? Please provide sources because there must be some I haven't read yet.
There are people who are still upset that there has not been any attempted justice on Breonna Taylor or Elijah Mclain. Protesters feel that there is still a need to protest.

94% of Americans agree that police reform is needed. 58% believe major change is needed. This article is 5 days old.
I must have missed the police reform you are talking about between now and then.
https://www.businessinsider.com/majority-americans-say-some-police-reform-is-needed-gallup-2020-7

Reactions: BleedinGold
What changes have been made? What laws have been passed? Please provide sources because there must be some I haven't read yet.
There are people who are still upset that there has not been any attempted justice on Breonna Taylor or Elijah Mclain. Protesters feel that there is still a need to protest.

94% of Americans agree that police reform is needed. 58% believe major change is needed. This article is 5 days old.
I must have missed the police reform you are talking about between now and then.
https://www.businessinsider.com/majority-americans-say-some-police-reform-is-needed-gallup-2020-7
Don’t know if you are serious or not. Here are some changes due to protesting.
Police can’t use the knee on the neck that killed Floyd.
Police have been fired for excessive force.
Statues have been destroyed and or removed.
Schools and streets have been renamed along with many more to come.
Sports teams are changing their names.
More opportunities for blacks in the media and television have taken place.
Black lives matter painted on the streets and buildings in many cities.
Many more changes have happened, you have to have noticed.

I've definitely noticed and some of those are very inconsequential. Some are good, some don't really mean much.
I attached the Business Insider article because the majority of people still do not feel this was enough and feel major reform is needed. Clearly more is needed or the protests will likely continue.
You have your opinion but it sounds like you are in the minority on your thinking. That's all. Not trying to flame you bud.
I just got off the phone with Portland and it sounds like they are still going to protest. I tried to explain to them that Black Lives Matter had been painted on some streets but to no avail. lol

Reactions: PurdueFan1
Honest question, you say “the protests are getting old.” How are they directly impacting your life? Are you physically threatened, are they happening in front of your house, are you forced to take a different route when you leave your home to avoide the protesters...? Or do you just see them on TV and hear comintary about them?

I’m only going to ask about the statues, what do you see these Confederate icons, statues, representing?

Let me add, you always have seemed to be a good guy, I appreciate your honesty and am not trying to attack or trap you. I will say, I actually think, an honest discussion about race, in our world today, should start with these statues. Why are they so important to people around the nation whose families probably arrived after the civil war?

Where did I say that people should be allowed to assault federal officers?
I believe in the right to protest. That is 100% an American right.
I do not believe that feds that are untrained in dealing with riots should be able to pull people off the streets or assault veterans/citizens peacefully protesting.
I absolutely despise government overreach in this situation.

Guess what. You can support the protests while condemning violence and destruction from both sides.

This is a desperate political stunt plain and simple by Trump, Barr, and Wolf to incite violence and further divide our country.

What is going on in Portland is obviously not a protest, it's a siege/riot.

Legitimate protests do not involve violence.

Legitimate protests do not involve violence
I hate to be the one to tell you but you're statement is patently false. I shouldn't have to give you examples so I won't. I know that you can come up with some cases on your own. My guess is your use of the word legitimate pertains to " your" opinion, not the opinion of the protesters

Honest question, you say “the protests are getting old.” How are they directly impacting your life? Are you physically threatened, are they happening in front of your house, are you forced to take a different route when you leave your home to avoide the protesters...? Or do you just see them on TV and hear comintary about them?
I don’t feel they are impacting my life so much. I will not be going to dinner and other things in Chicago anymore or vacationing in cities where this activity is still on a daily basis.

I’m only going to ask about the statues, what do you see these Confederate icons, statues, representing?

Let me add, you always have seemed to be a good guy, I appreciate your honesty and am not trying to attack or trap you. I will say, I actually think, an honest discussion about race, in our world today, should start with these statues. Why are they so important to people around the nation whose families probably arrived after the civil war?
Again the statues represent our countries history and have the mobs tear them down is not the democracy we have enjoyed as a country. A discussion or a referendum should be voted on should change take place. Most people tearing them down don’t even know anything about them including myself until reading the plaques when visiting the site.

Again the statues represent our countries history and have the mobs tear them down is not the democracy we have enjoyed as a country. A discussion or a referendum should be voted on should change take place. Most people tearing them down don’t even know anything about them including myself until reading the plaques when visiting the site.
The statues themselves, if you refuse to accept their actual intended purpose when erected, are at a best a skewing of history. There is nothing glorious about the Confederate cause, nor was the antebellum South a genteel, idyllic, world for anyone other than those who owned and abused other humans. Wealth built on the brutality of slavery is the actual history of the South, where is that in those/these monuments and plaques is that history presented?

Reactions: Biggie357

100% correct. The more chaos they can cause, the more media attention they can garner, the more anti-Trump publicity they can generate, the better. The Dems love it.
I believe the silent majority is tired of this and will make their voices heard in Nov.

Was having this discussion with a lib/lefty friend this weekend and I asked a very simple question: What specifically needs to happen to make BLM happy and the protests to end.
"Ending systemic racism" is not an answer. I asked for specifically what would demonstrate that the demands are met and that they'll be happy and stop protesting.

I've definitely noticed and some of those are very inconsequential. Some are good, some don't really mean much.
I attached the Business Insider article because the majority of people still do not feel this was enough and feel major reform is needed. Clearly more is needed or the protests will likely continue.
You have your opinion but it sounds like you are in the minority on your thinking. That's all. Not trying to flame you bud.
I just got off the phone with Portland and it sounds like they are still going to protest. I tried to explain to them that Black Lives Matter had been painted on some streets but to no avail. lol

Please be specific: What's "Major Reform" mean?
Does that mean black people should be able to commit crimes without impunity?
Does that mean every name of every street, building, statue (and currency) of anyone ever remotely affiliated with slavery needs to be changed, removed or abolished?
Does that mean white people should be assessed a BLM reparations tax?

Ok....now YOU'RE on the list along with Bob and a few others.
If you think the protests are no big deal, please give us your home address so we can camp out in front of your driveway, prevent you from leaving, spray paint some stuff, chant, scream, make a mess, etc. and see how long you're willing to tolerate it.
Something tells me you'll suddenly think it is a big deal when you have to personally deal with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT