ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell is going on in Portland?

so.... how is portland tommy? rofl
Saturday marked the third night of federal and state law enforcement cooperation in Portland, as the Department of Homeland Security continues to weigh plans to withdraw from the liberal Oregon city. It was the 64th straight day of violent demonstrations and rioting in Portland.

A shooting rang out about 11:08 p.m. Friday outside an apartment building near the 600 Block of NE 87th Avenue. The Portland Police Bureau said in an update Saturday that more than 150 rounds were fired and bullets struck at least eight occupied apartments and seven vehicles.

64 straight days of left wing violence
Violence in a large US city? I'm shocked.
Lol, you're talking about violence on 87th ave when the courthouse protests are on 3rd Avenue. Riiiight. Peddle your bs somewhere else.
Keep spinning and keep licking those boots!
Nobody believes your bs anymore.

Reactions: MJ-79Boiler
Violence in a large US city? I'm shocked.
Lol, you're talking about violence on 87th ave when the courthouse protests are on 3rd Avenue. Riiiight. Peddle your bs somewhere else.
Keep spinning and keep licking those boots!
Nobody believes your bs anymore.
150 rounds is bs? you fool no one sock puppet!

150 rounds is bs? you fool no one sock puppet!
A shooting 84 blocks away and you are trying to tie it to the protests? You and Fox News aren't fooling anyone except for complete idiots at this point. And yet, you keep lapping it up.
Keep spinning that bs.
Your desperation is showing through and it's not a good look. Pathetic.

A shooting 84 blocks away and you are trying to tie it to the protests? You and Fox News aren't fooling anyone except for complete idiots at this point. And yet, you keep lapping it up.
Keep spinning that bs.
Your desperation is showing through and it's not a good look. Pathetic.
Portland's deadliest month in 30 years chucklehead.

Reactions: bonefish1
Portland's deadliest month in 30 years chucklehead.
Ah, yes. That tired trope just like Chicago and wherever else you want to compare. You going to tie the shooting in Portland back to the protests in Portland at all? No, because they aren't related. That was the argument you originally made but now you're trying to put apples and oranges together. You are literally just trying to save face at this point.

But, I'll bite because I like stats and criminology. 24 homicides (15 in July is not good) so far this year in Portland. That is incredibly low for a city that size. It will be interesting to see where they end up. You talked about stats so you must also consider outliers.
Person to person crime is down as well as property crimes over years past in Portland.

Crime is up everywhere if you take a look.
Crime is up everywhere because unemployment and stress is up everywhere. It's almost like any criminologist anywhere could tell you extreme sudden unemployment is often paired with sudden extreme criminal activity. We reverted to crime of the 90's, but we have unemployment of the 30's. That is honestly not bad.
The reason this hits the front page is because conservatives love bad news in Portland and they have for years. I used to make fun of Portland until I actually visited. It was funny how Fox News dovetailed the protests and the shooting together in the same article yet they aren't related at all. Try and be objective but I'm not sure you are really trying at this point to argue in good faith.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Ah, yes. That tired trope just like Chicago and wherever else you want to compare. You going to tie the shooting in Portland back to the protests in Portland at all? No, because they aren't related. That was the argument you originally made but now you're trying to put apples and oranges together. You are literally just trying to save face at this point.

But, I'll bite because I like stats and criminology. 24 homicides (15 in July is not good) so far this year in Portland. That is incredibly low for a city that size. It will be interesting to see where they end up. You talked about stats so you must also consider outliers.
Person to person crime is down as well as property crimes over years past in Portland.

Crime is up everywhere if you take a look.
Crime is up everywhere because unemployment and stress is up everywhere. It's almost like any criminologist anywhere could tell you extreme sudden unemployment is often paired with sudden extreme criminal activity. We reverted to crime of the 90's, but we have unemployment of the 30's. That is honestly not bad.
The reason this hits the front page is because conservatives love bad news in Portland and they have for years. I used to make fun of Portland until I actually visited. It was funny how Fox News dovetailed the protests and the shooting together in the same article yet they aren't related at all. Try and be objective but I'm not sure you are really trying at this point to argue in good faith.
same people who want to defund the police. same silly left wing rhetoric with predictable results. Portland has been cutting their police forces, crime has been going up.

same people who want to defund the police. same silly left wing rhetoric with predictable results. Portland has been cutting their police forces, crime has been going up.

I actually enjoy seeing the mayhem in Portland and Chicago. It just demonstrates how the liberal, anti-law enforcement mindset destroys cities and the citizens.

Ha ha... OK Nadler....
And the violence in Chicago is really just a little neighborhood disagreement.
It’s a Summer Love block party ala Seattle. The cluelessness of the left is amazing. Add the TDS pandemic and they are In their own zombie world.

It’s a Summer Love block party ala Seattle. The cluelessness of the left is amazing. Add the TDS pandemic and they are In their own zombie world.

I lived in Chicago for 20 years and worked on the southside for most of those.
I'd love to see some of these white guilt riddled liberals on here take a walk through Englewood on a summer weekend night in July.

Better let the mayor know. He had a presser yesterday begging the rioters to quit burning buildings and called them murders.

“You are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder,” Mayor Ted Wheeler said Thursday in a hastily called news conference alongside Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell. Wheeler also warned that the city anticipated more “attacks on public buildings” in the immediate future.

The left wing rioters also are moving into residential neighborhoods. Not good.

Wednesday night’s activity was in a residential neighborhood 6 miles (over 9 kilometers) away from the federal courthouse.

Protesters on Wednesday gathered outside a police precinct and shined lasers in officers’ eyes, disabled exterior security cameras, broke windows and used boards pulled from the building to barricade the doors and start a fire, authorities said. There were 20 sworn officers inside, as well as civilian employees, said Capt. Tony Passadore, who was the incident commander.

The Pacific Northwest Youth Liberation Front, which advertised the Wednesday rally on social media, used Twitter to announce “Round 2” of the same demonstration on Thursday night with the slogan “No cops. No prisons. Total abolition.”

The group, which described itself as a “decentralized network of autonomous youth collectives dedicated to direct action towards total liberation,”

https://time.com/5877258/portland-protests-police-precint/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT