ADVERTISEMENT

Waddell

collegehoopsfan123

True Freshman
Oct 15, 2021
Unless his defense is really bad, I want to see him get more minutes.
He is a better ball handler than Heide and definitely has more offensive
pop than Morton. Let's not forget NBA scouts were impressed with his
game prior to ACL injury freshman year when they were looking at Ivey.
Looks fully recovered to me, that dunk against Michigan last night reminded
me of Scottie Pippen tearing down the rim for the Bulls.

Yeah agreed. Should totally sit Heide and have him regress from what he’s developed into already. In the limited action Waddell has seen he has definitely shown his ball handling skills to be superior to Heide against the lessor competition! Lets also ignore heides defense and shooting are both better!

Yeah agreed. Should totally sit Heide and have him regress from what he’s developed into already. In the limited action Waddell has seen he has definitely shown his ball handling skills to be superior to Heide against the lessor competition! Lets also ignore heides defense and shooting are both better!
Read the first 6 words of my post. Waddell hasn't played enough
to say Heide's shooting is better. Thanks for the sarcasm, too.

Read the first 6 words of my post. Waddell hasn't played enough
to say Heide's shooting is better. Thanks for the sarcasm, too.
Oh didn’t know you were being serious?

Look, Waddell is good, however he is a step slow from the acl injury. Looked good last night. Shot isn’t all the way there yet and isn’t better than the other ppl in front of him except Morton. Would need to see more of Waddell on defense to see how he compare to Morton (I don’t think he’s that great). Tough to find mins right now.

Look, Waddell is good, however he is a step slow from the acl injury. Looked good last night. Shot isn’t all the way there yet and isn’t better than the other ppl in front of him except Morton. Would need to see more of Waddell on defense to see how he compare to Morton (I don’t think he’s that great). Tough to find mins right now.
Agree! There's a decent gap between Heide and Waddell as well as Colvin and Waddell. For a top ten BT team, Waddell is basically a glorified walk on. You could essentially say that about Morton as well, but I definitely think that Morton is quicker and much better laterally than BM. You can't play 13 guys and Waddell and Berg are at the back end of that and rightfully so on this team.

I’d like to see anyone get Morton’s PT. They guys is just such a liability on offense.
If I were the opposing coach, i literally wouldn’t guard him. I’s play the percentages and make him shoot every time.
Let Colvin learn or get Waddell some more PT. Morton’s moments of good D don’t justify hit PT.

I’d like to see anyone get Morton’s PT. They guys is just such a liability on offense.
If I were the opposing coach, i literally wouldn’t guard him. I’s play the percentages and make him shoot every time.
Let Colvin learn or get Waddell some more PT. Morton’s moments of good D don’t justify hit PT.
I’ve been saying this about coaching vs Morton ever since last year. I would guard Morton like we have guarded Ty Rodgers from Illinois and all 3 guards from IU—left them wide open and dared them all to shoot an outside shot. Rodgers didn’t look for it, X’s shot is one of the ugliest/brokest shots we’ve seen in a while (Nojels was equally as bad), Cupps hit a few (as he should being left wide open with no one around), but his shot is broke too and same with Galloway (we were fine with him shooting a high volume).

Morton doesn’t even look at the basket.

To his credit, he has been decent in the mins he’s played and hasn’t hurt the team.

However, I wouldn’t be surprised if in the first round, we see a junk defense that does just that when Morton is in the game with Zach. Hopefully Paint realizes that and subs him out if we aren’t clicking on offense.

I’ve been saying this about coaching vs Morton ever since last year. I would guard Morton like we have guarded Ty Rodgers from Illinois and all 3 guards from IU—left them wide open and dared them all to shoot an outside shot. Rodgers didn’t look for it, X’s shot is one of the ugliest/brokest shots we’ve seen in a while (Nojels was equally as bad), Cupps hit a few (as he should being left wide open with no one around), but his shot is broke too and same with Galloway (we were fine with him shooting a high volume).

Morton doesn’t even look at the basket.

To his credit, he has been decent in the mins he’s played and hasn’t hurt the team.

However, I wouldn’t be surprised if in the first round, we see a junk defense that does just that when Morton is in the game with Zach. Hopefully Paint realizes that and subs him out if we aren’t clicking on offense.
For INDIANA University to have such a collection of broke jumpers is insane.

You calling into the Matt Painter show on Monday with this suggestion I assume ? Make sure to mention the Pippen comp.

This is just flat out dumb. He's 12th out of 13th on the roster, playing on the best team in the country. You don't see him practice against the best team in the country. If he was dominating Hiede or Loyer or anyone for that matter in practice, he'd get PT. Let CMP (who's put this team together and coaching them to the top of the COUNTRY) decide when Waddell plays.

This is just flat out dumb. He's 12th out of 13th on the roster, playing on the best team in the country. You don't see him practice against the best team in the country. If he was dominating Hiede or Loyer or anyone for that matter in practice, he'd get PT. Let CMP (who's put this team together and coaching them to the top of the COUNTRY) decide when Waddell plays.
Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.
Hope life goes better for you in the future.

He did that to CJ Gunn in high school too
It's so refreshing when someone posts something positive in
response to another positive post, in this case Brian Waddell.

Hope everyone else learns to "treat others the way you would
want to be treated", especially since we are all supposed to be
Purdue fans here.

Respect is something I will always thank my parents for teaching me.

I still think Waddell and Colvin should be given more of a chance
than Morton at some point in order to be more ready for March.

But it was. What have you seen (that CMP has not seen) that suggests he needs minutes?

One dunk?
No, my thoughts are not dumb. CMP has things to improve upon as
we all do in basketball and life.

That one dunk was spectacular! Based off what Waddell looked like
senior year of HS and that NBA scouts wanted to know who he was
prior to ACL injury while watching Ivey, is good enough for me.
Waddell could get more time over Morton and maybe Colvin, too.

"Flat out dumb" is not something you would want anyone saying about
you or your thoughts. I know that much.

No, my thoughts are not dumb. CMP has things to improve upon as
we all do in basketball and life.

That one dunk was spectacular! Based off what Waddell looked like
senior year of HS and that NBA scouts wanted to know who he was
prior to ACL injury while watching Ivey, is good enough for me.
Waddell could get more time over Morton and maybe Colvin, too.

"Flat out dumb" is not something you would want anyone saying about
you or your thoughts. I know that much.
You're disrespecting CMP and he knows 10x more than you about basketball. So lets let CMP decide BW's PT

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Morton backs up Smith. Who are you going to replace him with?

Nah just a catch off and inbound play after curling off a double screen, one dribble, rise up, two handed jam, over one of michigans best players 😢

Other view:

But did you really miss that? Were you not watchin til the end of the game?!
that was a great out of bounds call. First, the D on the triggerman wants to protect the pass into the lane and so that makes it more probable to make the pass where it happened. Second look at the staggard double screen. If the defender goes under that wide set of screens, Cam has a wide open shot and if he goes on top as he did, then he ends up trailing Cam. Once trailing cam the two defenders on ZAch and Mason have some choices. Does Zach's defender drop off Zach leaving Zach going to the blocks either not defended or with a smaller player on him on the blocks OR does Mason's man drop to help so Zach's defender so Zach's defender can stay with Zach leaving Mason open behind the arc. Ball in drivers hands that if dribble stopped has Zach on the blocks or Mason behind the arc.

that was a great out of bounds call. First, the D on the triggerman wants to protect the pass into the lane and so that makes it more probable to make the pass where it happened. Second look at the staggard double screen. If the defender goes under that wide set of screens, Cam has a wide open shot and if he goes on top as he did, then he ends up trailing Cam. Once trailing cam the two defenders on ZAch and Mason have some choices. Does Zach's defender drop off Zach leaving Zach going to the blocks either not defended or with a smaller player on him on the blocks OR does Mason's man drop to help so Zach's defender so Zach's defender can stay with Zach leaving Mason open behind the arc. Ball in drivers hands that if dribble stopped has Zach on the blocks or Mason behind the arc.
Now THIS Is coaching!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT