ADVERTISEMENT

Waddell offered

Who cares? Won't play next year and if not may never play with the new transfer rules.
I care. Waddell and his family care. Painter cares. Yes, he obviously won't play next year if he comes to Purdue, because he will redshirt. With your skill at predicting the future, you surely knew these things.

Yeah cuz 6’-7” B1G legacies who can handle, shoot and pass grow on trees.
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a Purdue Basketball legacy who has done much at Purdue so I don't see where that matters. His only other offers are from low and mid majors and has been told he'd need to redshirt.

Look I don't care who gets the 12th or 13th scholarship. Maybe he'll turn into something 3 or 4 years from now but at this point its really no even worth discussing.

Reactions: Schnelk
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a Purdue Basketball legacy who has done much at Purdue so I don't see where that matters. His only other offers are from low and mid majors and has been told he'd need to redshirt.

Look I don't care who gets the 12th or 13th scholarship. Maybe he'll turn into something 3 or 4 years from now but at this point its really no even worth discussing.
I said B1G legacy. The names Cline or Robinson ring a bell?

I said B1G legacy. The names Cline or Robinson ring a bell?
Cline's dad played for Ohio State. Robinson? If your talking about Glenn, his only son that played basketball went to Michigan. Granted his son was a good football player for Purdue but that's even kind of a stretch. Legacy typically means they play at the same school. It pretty obvious given his offer list, the only reason Waddell received an offer from Purdue is because he's a Legacy. Nothing wrong with that when your roster is as strong as Purdue's will be the next couple of years. When your the 13th guy on scholarship and are told your going to redshirt, its almost like a preferred walk on situation.

Cline's dad played for Ohio State. Robinson? If your talking about Glenn, his only son that played basketball went to Michigan. Granted his son was a good football player for Purdue but that's even kind of a stretch. Legacy typically means they play at the same school. It pretty obvious given his offer list, the only reason Waddell received an offer from Purdue is because he's a Legacy. Nothing wrong with that when your roster is as strong as Purdue's will be the next couple of years. When your the 13th guy on scholarship and are told your going to redshirt, its almost like a preferred walk on situation.
RE Cline : That’s why I said B1G legacy.

And you made my point: that’s why we should have offered Robinson.

Reactions: jtanoos1
RE Cline : That’s why I said B1G legacy.

And you made my point: that’s why we should have offered Robinson.
Man that has to be the biggest recruiting miss by painter by far. And it was compounded by how awful our teams were too at the time. Anyone know if painter didn’t get along with Glenn, not sure why else he wouldn’t have offered?

Man that has to be the biggest recruiting miss by painter by far. And it was compounded by how awful our teams were too at the time. Anyone know if painter didn’t get along with Glenn, not sure why else he wouldn’t have offered?
By the time GR3 blew up the summer between his jr and sr year, Painter had already gotten commitments from Davis and Simpson. No more spots.

Reactions: Schnelk
I watched Robinson play numerous times at LC, not going to lie, I wouldn't have offered him either early on, his Sr year was different, by than that ship had sailed. Kudos to him, he's a really good kid, well young man now!

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

For someone who repeatedly says he doesn't care, you are certainly doing a lot of whining. A reasonable person who truly didn't care would have read the title of this thread and moved on. So where does that put you on a scale of reasonableness?

I watched Robinson play numerous times at LC, not going to lie, I wouldn't have offered him either early on, his Sr year was different, by than that ship had sailed. Kudos to him, he's a really good kid, well young man now!
So you are saying that some kids are late bloomers? ;)

Reactions: Level 42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT