ADVERTISEMENT

US Stock markets surge to new highs.....

Nope.....still can't get past the 1 year chart on SPHS, although still watching it.
How was your trading week?
I sold FREQ for about a 30% profit.
Bought more VERU and it's been a choppy week.
Bought OCGN (might have done that last week) as a pure roll of the dice as it doesn't fit my chart strategy (if you want to call it that). That bet is all based on an FDA approval expected in mid-Feb. Positive FDA news and it probably takes off.
Still liking AGRX in my holdings.
Still like GERN for an unfounded reason, probably because I have a bunch and waiting for it to pay off.

Next on my list of possible buys are SLNO, MESO, CGEN.
I love MTEM and LUNA but I've bought/sold both of those and now to get back in, I'd be having to buy above my previous selling price.
I was busy with work so my monitoring was inferior and took a spanking but I likely would have held even if watching. Downturns did create some opportunities for me to dilute my per share so I can live with the downs. I just don't have the time or really inclination to be a day trader. More of an investment vis a vis trade world view, I guess.
I upped OCGN as well.

Getting absolutely hammered on VERU today!
I think that I will start a thread more directed at the fiscal side rather than the political side of life. With the amount of politics "discussed" on most threads I find that I miss some of the financial things until they are old news. I realize people can hijack anything but figure that it is well worth a try.

I usually get up and have some coffee, turn on Fox Business News or CNBC to see what the markets are doing before the kids have to get up for school. Last night, reading about Dow futures, they said it would be ugly and man, were they right. Premarket at 5:30 AM, Dow Futures were down 450. I think most of this is due to the coronavirus scare, but if this week is bad for the market, could be a really good buying opportunity is Trump is acquitted (not everyone's hope, but from a market perspective, that's the best outcome) with a speedy Senate trial.

Now that's classy. Belittling those who have to ride the short bus makes you look shallow.
Read carefully: belittling NOT the kids who are in special ed....but a poster, seemingly smart enough to post here, for demonstrating mental skills that would make him appear to be lacking in cognitive skills.

Monday, Jan.27, 2020 - 9:00 P.M.

No suggestion that today's market results reflect the relative stewardship of the US economy that DJT provides….
Let's hope for a Tuesday rally..

Can you guys start your own thread to hurl insults at each other. You're messing up some decent stock picking idea discussions.
bone: the esteemed SquirrelGuy, you will discover if you would scroll back, initially hijacked this thread . I've thought from this thread's FIRST post that it's an easy way for Gen. Disc.-ers with market ideas to swap - and to be able to communicate.
So I'll NOT be sharing the essential blame for the overnight mess. You have my word that I'll only be here
to (eventually & occasionally) toss in my 2 cents, down the road. Thx.

bone: the esteemed SquirrelGuy, you will discover if you would scroll back, initially hijacked this thread . I've thought from this thread's FIRST post that it's an easy way for Gen. Disc.-ers with market ideas to swap - and to be able to communicate.
So I'll NOT be sharing the essential blame for the overnight mess. You have my word that I'll only be here
to (eventually & occasionally) toss in my 2 cents, down the road. Thx.

I agree. Squirrel got a little squirrely on here. I was just having trouble following the conversation on the stock ideas mixed in with all the insults.

Reactions: doubleyous
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT