ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter says Braden Smith just committed to Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol IU fans were not all about him coming to IU. There would be a mass freak out on our board if a very low ranked, undersized, non athletic PG committed to IU.

I thought Painter had turned a corner in recruiting.
You didn't think. You saw.

You didn't need to think when you saw that Painter signed several IU top prospects the past few years. In almost every case Painter offers before IU offers. Just like with Jaden Ivey. And Braden Smith.

You may now return to not thinking.

So does GBI:

After seeing this video, I couldn't be more impressed, tbh.

Most kids are stuttering, saying "um," "you know," and other similar phrases, which is totally understandable and normal -- they are still figuring themselves and life out.

None of that with this kid. Seems like he knows who he is (at least, more than your average teenager). Gave concise, quick responses.

Love this get for Purdue. Painter knows. Boiler Up.

From GBI:
It shouldn't be surprising that Matt Painter was the first power-conference coach to take the plunge, given Smith's reputation as a player. He's regarded for his tenacity and toughness at point guard, and his IQ, shooting and passing abilities as an offensive player, all of those things being Painter favorites.

Wait for it...

So funny seeing you guys try to do math lmao Zach Edey birthday May 14, 2002, Lander Birthday August 9 2002, so 3 months but close!
3 months and Edey has only been playing basketball for like 3 years lol.

People here have said he’s a lottery pick next year.

Im sure you will TRY to finish the class with Heide and Washington. Wasn’t Heide supposed to commit months ago? Like around the same time as Brown?

Are you really over here talking shit about the Purdue program that has absolutely owned IU as of late. Painter has a strategy and it is obviously working.... We recruit just fine over here my guy. Our lower ranked recruit's deemed by you kick your ass every year. We'll be just fine

Are you really over here talking shit about the Purdue program that has absolutely owned IU as of late. Painter has a strategy and it is obviously working.... We recruit just fine over here my guy. Our lower ranked recruit's deemed by you kick your ass every year. We'll be just fine

Never heard such BS from a team that has pretty much sucked for awhile. Most intelligent fans give credit to where its due and accept the fact their team has played poorly for quite a while.
Those are the most accepted fans because they speak the truth. Some think they are just trolling, but they speak the same on their own board.

IU Fan Pre-season: This class will get us back to the final four.

IU Fan Mid-season: This team has no talent. Coach can’t recruit.

Recruiting rankings don’t mean much once the season starts. If they did, IU wouldn’t have lost the last 9 in a row to Purdue.

Purdue has created a culture of hard work and development. From the top player to bottom player. Swanigan was the highest rated recruit since Glenn Robinson IIRC and no one worked harder than that guy to improve. If Painter continues to find players to buy in to that I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Those are the most accepted fans because they speak the truth. Some think they are just trolling, but they speak the same on their own board.

Exactly... I have a few friends that are IU guys, God help them, but they realize Painter has a great program. And also realize Waddell and Smith are the type of players that ball out against IU as upperclassman.

Intriguing pick up. I had some time this morning so I did a little research. Mom was 1997 Miss Basketball in Arkansas. Mom and Dad both played at Arkansas Tech. WIngspan is 76 inches. Vertical jump is exceptional at 36 inches. Squats 405 lbs. Started as freshman. Definitely has time to grow and develop. Carsen and Edey were both under the radar guys. Hoping this is another diamond in the rough.

Intriguing pick up. I had some time this morning so I did a little research. Mom was 1997 Miss Basketball in Arkansas. Mom and Dad both played at Arkansas Tech. WIngspan is 76 inches. Vertical jump is exceptional at 36 inches. Squats 405 lbs. Started as freshman. Definitely has time to grow and develop. Carsen and Edey were both under the radar guys. Hoping this is another diamond in the rough.
Thanks for the info

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Wow, I didn’t know about his Mom. I saw where his Dad played at nearby Northwestern HS. I think he is a director of a basketball league? Definitely has an edge to him from the interview. The Trent Reznor of bball, ha.

Last edited:
Okay Boomer. I hope you change your ways.
I hope you change your user name to something that doesn't mean erection.

(fyi, so you are not confused, the Woody part. The hoosier part means buffoon who wear clownpants. I assume 67 is for IQ).

Why not try something with a little more dignity, like "sinkme" or "vidiot?" That is about the best people who wear clownpants can be expected to come up with.

@meenie

@bonefish1

@ImRonBurgandy?

@bonefish1

@purduedavie

@BoilerDaddy

@bonefish1

@New Pal Boiler

Should I keep going, Mr. Loper? Get out there and sell those used cars now! Last day of April and you haven't hit your quota yet!!!

In fact, Boiler fans, get down to Terry Lee Honda in Noblesville today and help Mr. Loper keep his job!
... and you whine about being banned, and wonder why.

FWIW;

Congrats on the Smith pickup. He is currently unranked but most certainly will not remain that way. Purdue was his first high-major offer, but he was getting some attention from many high-majors.

Feels like he's a system player. He's not a bad athlete at all and has some high major skills--vision, competitive motor, and catch and shoot. All really good skills to have. His lateral movement is 'just okay', and his length (not just height, but also wingspan) will never be a plus.

I'm guessing Painter will get him to defend as well anyone can--he'll never lock anyone up but Painter should get him to be be good enough. He's not a Trey Kaufman 'no downside--sure thing' recruit, but hey, not many are.

FWIW;

Congrats on the Smith pickup. He is currently unranked but most certainly will not remain that way. Purdue was his first high-major offer, but he was getting some attention from many high-majors.

Feels like he's a system player. He's not a bad athlete at all and has some high major skills--vision, competitive motor, and catch and shoot. All really good skills to have. His lateral movement is 'just okay', and his length (not just height, but also wingspan) will never be a plus.

I'm guessing Painter will get him to defend as well anyone can--he'll never lock anyone up but Painter should get him to be be good enough. He's not a Trey Kaufman 'no downside--sure thing' recruit, but hey, not many are.
Thank you for the back-handed compliments. They certainly add legitimacy to this commitment and will no doubt change the minds of doubters. TIC

Thank you for the back-handed compliments. They certainly add legitimacy to this commitment and will no doubt change the minds of doubters. TIC
Not meant to be a back-handed at all!

For instance--I think that Hulls was an excellent college player. He was a risk that turned out great. Same with Stefanovich. BUT, players like that need to be in a system that fits. A player like Ivey or Kaufman could fit in almost any system.

Funny that list has a combined four final 4’s in their careers. How many does Painter have?
You're such a moron for trying to troll with that. Think about how much success those coaches had outside of indiana, and how difficult it was for them to accomplish anything in Bloomington. What a dumb thing to brag about.

That would be like Knicks fans, at the low point of the franchise, bragging about how well Phil Jackson did with the bulls and lakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT