ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter says Braden Smith just committed to Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waddell was the best player in the IHS championship game, hands down. Pretending otherwise is just trolling. You guys always tell us why IU is going to be better than Purdue, then fail to ever live up to all the baseless hype. When you start telling us that a reject from Pitt, and some high school guard is going to embarrass Purdue, all I can do is just smile. Same BS, different year.
Waddell is a walk-on level player. Smith is close to that as well. After landing two top 75 players, you follow it up with Loyer, Waddell, and Smith. I hope the trend continues. You will be back to 2013 Purdue before you know it.

Yes we did! Don’t forgot top 30 guard Tamar Bates either! I mean they aren’t anywhere near the level of Waddell or Smith, but they are decent😏.
Now what a minute. I heard this before with the Lander discussion. How'd that turn out or Kaufman not playing with Furst and Ivey is just a chucker. Seems we recruit Champs!

Lol IU fans were not all about him coming to IU. There would be a mass freak out on our board if a very low ranked, undersized, non athletic PG committed to IU.

I thought Painter had turned a corner in recruiting.
Hey since Woody was out of coaching for a couple years, did he decide to go ahead and take early Social Security?

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk and delarno
Waddell was the best player in the IHS championship game, hands down. Pretending otherwise is just trolling. You guys always tell us why IU is going to be better than Purdue, then fail to ever live up to all the baseless hype. When you start telling us that a reject from Pitt, and some high school guard is going to embarrass Purdue, all I can do is just smile. Same BS, different year.
But...but....but....they have 3 head coaches now!

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk and Poprudy
Waddell is a walk-on level player. Smith is close to that as well. After landing two top 75 players, you follow it up with Loyer, Waddell, and Smith. I hope the trend continues. You will be back to 2013 Purdue before you know it.
Only so much PT bro. I know you don't have that problem haha

Reactions: GregJM24
This is hilarious seeing as Indiana has all 13 scholarships filled for next season (same problem) yet not a single player was ranked anywhere near as low as Waddell or Smith.
Do you think any of your guards have played to their rankings? Seems ours have out played yours as of late.

You really are dumber than Courtsense. Waddell is a legit recruit as is Smith. It is far better to shut your mouth and let the world believe your ignorant than it is to keep posting this shit you're putting out and proving it to be true.

He's not? What is he? A playmaking PG who can get break down the D, get into the lane and finish at the rim?

Will be interesting to see how he handles someone 6'4, with more strength, speed and athleticism guarding him.
Will be hilarious watching him trying to guard someone who is 6’4 with more strength, speed, etc.

You honestly think Purdue just snuck up on all other high majors for a 22 recruit?

But Gonzaga called... lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Sinkme
You really are dumber than Courtsense. Waddell is a legit recruit as is Smith. It is far better to shut your mouth and let the world believe your ignorant than it is to keep posting this shit you're putting out and proving it to be true.
“Let the world believe your ignorant” lol

When Ryan Cline was offered by Purdue several years ago, I looked at his list of mid-major offers and wondered what Painter was thinking, but then I watched him play and understood.

Fast forward the Smith offer and I get it. The young man is a much better athlete than some on here think and he is a complete point guard, who can handle, shoot, and pass at a very high level. I think he’ll be a good player for Purdue. I am not saying that he has the ceiling of Ivey, Furst, or Kaufman, but he can be a great compliment to those guys, like Cline was a great compliment to Carsen.

When Ryan Cline was offered by Purdue several years ago, I looked at his list of mid-major offers and wondered what Painter was thinking, but then I watched him play and understood.

Fast forward the Smith offer and I get it. The young man is a much better athlete than some on here think and he is a complete point guard, who can handle, shoot, and pass at a very high level. I think he’ll be a good player for Purdue. I am not saying that he has the ceiling of Ivey, Furst, or Kaufman, but he can be a great compliment to those guys, like Cline was a great compliment to Carsen.
Wasn’t Cline around 6’6?

Not a bad deep bench player with the current transfer rule, but if he ever starts, PU is in trouble. Who’s he going to guard in the B1G? It’s great he can knock down threes at Westfield.

Who knows, he could end up like a Wagner type recruit. Doesn't look special coming in but can transform his game.

This is really an ignorant, homer perspective. It reeks of either dishonesty or true stupidity. Honestly, after this post I am no longer going to debate or discuss basketball with you. Not worth the typing or effort. No reason to cast pearls...

This is really an ignorant, homer perspective. It reeks of either dishonesty or true stupidity. Honestly, after this post I am no longer going to debate or discuss basketball with you. Not worth the typing or effort. No reason to cast pearls...
Lol Mathgirl, how many times are you going to say you are going to stop responding to me? You can’t help yourself.

Do you think any of your guards have played to their rankings? Seems ours have out played yours as of late.
No one played to their ranking under Archie. Guards can show off their skill in transition, creating things off the dribble and when they have the freedom to make plays. Unfortunately, Archie's idea of offense was walking the ball up and alternating between 1 of 5 set plays until someone had to jack up a shot at the end of the shot clock. Fortunately, Archie is not the head coach anymore.

No one played to their ranking under Archie. Guards can show off their skill in transition, creating things off the dribble and when they have the freedom to make plays. Unfortunately, Archie's idea of offense was walking the ball up and alternating between 1 of 5 set plays until someone had to jack up a shot at the end of the shot clock. Fortunately, Archie is not the head coach anymore.
Isn't Archie the same guy all you basketball savants were touting as the guy to turn your program around for his first couple seasons? Maybe you guys just don't understand basketball? Something to consider.

Isn't Archie the same guy all you basketball savants were touting as the guy to turn your program around for his first couple seasons? Maybe you guys just don't understand basketball? Something to consider.
I didnt go back and watch Archies dayton career, all the national writers loved the hire so ya most went along with it and had optimism, I realized he was terrible in year 2.

Wasn’t Cline around 6’6?

Not a bad deep bench player with the current transfer rule, but if he ever starts, PU is in trouble. Who’s he going to guard in the B1G? It’s great he can knock down threes at Westfield.
Hey - how’s your $2 million a year contract for Archie working out? Is he holding out for an NBA gig?

Reactions: Sophie1970
Lol IU fans were not all about him coming to IU. There would be a mass freak out on our board if a very low ranked, undersized, non athletic PG committed to IU.

I thought Painter had turned a corner in recruiting.

Given how horribly wrong the mass freaks on your board have been the past 5 years, we're THRILLED that you wouldn't want him. (opposite George)

Lander was supposed to be a senior in HS last year lol, seems purdue fans had higher expectations for him as a 17 year old freshman in the big ten than anyone else.
Well, you guys brought him in as a 17-year old. So it seems someone....hopefully.....had expectations for him last season beyond how he looked when he played. Kid shot more air balls than anyone else I saw in the Big Ten last year.

I didnt go back and watch Archies dayton career, all the national writers loved the hire so ya most went along with it and had optimism, I realized he was terrible in year 2.
What makes you think Woodson is the guy?

Given how horribly wrong the mass freaks on your board have been the past 5 years, we're THRILLED that you wouldn't want him. (opposite George)
We had a mass freak out about Kaufman, so given your logic, you don’t think he will be very good...

Will be hilarious watching him trying to guard someone who is 6’4 with more strength, speed, etc.

You honestly think Purdue just snuck up on all other high majors for a 22 recruit?

But Gonzaga called... lmao

How many 6’4 point guards will he be guarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT