ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter says Braden Smith just committed to Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I should clarify something here. I am not mocking Bonefish. He’s a Purdue fan through and through. He just carries a truly unique perspective on how college sports operates. I try to share my differing perspective to help him understand.

it doesn’t seem to be working.

Again, if everyone on here always agreed and stroked eachother like Lil Andy and 42 do, what fun would it be to come on here and discuss the good, bad and ugly about Purdue athletics.
Some people think Painter and players are sacred cows above any questioning or criticism. I don't.

Reactions: mathboy
What did you call him....it's gonna be 30 days in the hole for you, Andrew.

tumblr_mo5a0kj7KI1ry46hlo1_500.gifv
song mentions one of my favorite beers Newcastle Brown

A kid who says he plays with a chip on his shoulder - yeah he is gonna go home and cry that BoneFish doesn’t like him. Just like Painter shares your post with his staff when recruiting or game planning.
Not according to some posters. Some think that what we say here can have an impact on a recruits decision

Can the mods, if they exist, put this one to bed? A bit of good news about a goid kid that wants to be a Boiler has been totally derailed by a guy with a vendetta that wants the Boilers to only fit his criteria.
I completely concur and only reason I am quoting and bumping is to hopefully help draw attention to not only this thread, but the user. All that person does is trash purdue sports and nearly every recruit. There is a reason 98% of this forum constantly calls him on it and I have no doubt that he isn't a Purdue fan to begin with anymore. He might be one of those that went to Purdue but he is certainly no fan of any of the sports programs at Purdue. He's trolling everyone on here and probably should be be banned for his frequent ruining of threads.

Now, I am guilty of feeding his trollness and I own that error, but if the ignore feature worked on this site he could post all he wants and no one would ever see it. Actually, I would love to see this site have more of a reddit feel where we could downvote that person and based on their overall "score" it would limit their ability to post. Makes moderation less of a necessity as the people would have a lot of control. But I digress.

It is more than okay to criticize a player and the coaching staff and so on, but how you do it matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: DG Boiler
Thank God.....
Let's face reality. Bonefish, you have trashed many threads on here, and trashed many of the players Purdue has recruited. You have done it for years, so at least you are consistent. I don't blame these other posters for calling you on your apparently self-aware ignorant statements. I think you just like to stir the shit. Maybe it is time for you to cool your antagonism toward these folks, since it was your actions started the disagreements.

Many of these posters have taken time to respectfully explain college basketball to you in careful detail. You have chosen to ignore them, or change the argument because you can't accept that you are dead wrong about these matters.

Sorry, but you are the "pussy" whining about these kids not being good enough for the team you root for, when you haven't played or coached any sport at the collegiate level. About half way through one of these pointless arguments I also want you to just shut up and say, "Yep, you might be correct. I will wait and see how good the kid will be". Try it some time. The humility will be good for your soul, and make this board more readable.

:cool:

Let's face reality. Bonefish, you have trashed many threads on here, and trashed many of the players Purdue has recruited. You have done it for years, so at least you are consistent. I don't blame these other posters for calling you on your apparently self-aware ignorant statements. I think you just like to stir the shit. Maybe it is time for you to cool your antagonism toward these folks, since it was your actions started the disagreements.

Many of these posters have taken time to respectfully explain college basketball to you in careful detail. You have chosen to ignore them, or change the argument because you can't accept that you are dead wrong about these matters.

Sorry, but you are the "pussy" whining about these kids not being good enough for the team you root for, when you haven't played or coached any sport at the collegiate level. About half way through one of these pointless arguments I also want you to just shut up and say, "Yep, you might be correct. I will wait and see how good the kid will be". Try it some time. The humility will be good for your soul, and make this board more readable.

:cool:
naw, that's not my style. I'll continue to voice my opinion. People can choose to agree or disagree, either way is fine with me.

naw, that's not my style. I'll continue to voice my opinion. People can choose to agree or disagree, either way is fine with me.
Your "style" is to post false information about Purdue players, coaches, and fans, and then try to hide behind calling it your opinion. The fact that you keep moving the goalposts when proven wrong tells the story. I'm sure that you use the same defense when you post your baseless "opinion" on the board where you brag about discussing how women get promoted at pharmaceutical companies based on who they slept with. Somehow that behavior proves your courage? No. It proves your "pussified" insecurity.

That's your "style". When things don't go the way you want, you try to spread disinformation as if it will make you feel better about yourself. As long as this has been occurring, it ain't working for you.

Your "style" is to post false information about Purdue players, coaches, and fans, and then try to hide behind calling it your opinion. The fact that you keep moving the goalposts when proven wrong tells the story. I'm sure that you use the same defense when you post your baseless "opinion" on the board where you brag about discussing how women get promoted at pharmaceutical companies based on who they slept with. Somehow that behavior proves your courage? No. It proves your "pussified" insecurity.

That's your "style". When things don't go the way you want, you try to spread disinformation as if it will make you feel better about yourself. As long as this has been occurring, it ain't working for you.
Sorry you're so upset Lil Andy. I hope my opinions in the future don't cause you so much stress.

I'm not sure you quite understand how this discussion forum thing works though.

Sorry you're so upset Lil Andy. I hope my opinions in the future don't cause you so much stress.

I'm not sure you quite understand how this discussion forum thing works though.
As I stated, it ain't working for you. You are more miserable now than you were when you started spew your frustration here and on the pharma rumor board. No way can your behavior fill your gap and give you any sense of accomplishment.

Smith and Loyer to play in the annual Hall of Fame Classic tournament in December.

Both players had great stats as juniors playing in the largest school division in the state. Sometimes people will dismiss gaudy stats for players in the smalller schools, but these guys earned theirs against the state's top competition.

As I stated, it ain't working for you. You are more miserable now than you were when you started spew your frustration here and on the pharma rumor board. No way can your behavior fill your gap and give you any sense of accomplishment.
It's ironic that for someone that constantly says he doesn't care what anyone thinks, he sure spends a lot of time commenting on what people think of him. He fits the whole 'karen' adjective perfectly.

Last edited:
I really like the potential of Braden Smith. What I picture is someone who plays a lot like T.J. McConnell of the Indiana Pacers. I'm hopeful that he can provide some of the things that T.J. does for the Pacers. They are similar in size and grittiness but I think Braden may actually be a better shooter already.

Again, if everyone on here always agreed and stroked eachother like Lil Andy and 42 do, what fun would it be to come on here and discuss the good, bad and ugly about Purdue athletics.
Some people think Painter and players are sacred cows above any questioning or criticism. I don't.
LOL. Yes. Bonefish1 on a free internet message board is going to hold them accountable. Talk about someone that doesn't realize their lot in life.

LOL. Yes. Bonefish1 on a free internet message board is going to hold them accountable. Talk about someone that doesn't realize their lot in life.
And that is the delusional thinking that some people have when they aren't effective in the real world. They think their words on an internet board will make a change in an area where they have no personal involvement, and somehow it will fill the void in their lives.

And while they are waiting, they wear t-shirts that tell them they are "awesome". ;)

I really like the potential of Braden Smith. What I picture is someone who plays a lot like T.J. McConnell of the Indiana Pacers. I'm hopeful that he can provide some of the things that T.J. does for the Pacers. They are similar in size and grittiness but I think Braden may actually be a better shooter already.
very nice comparo. If he's 1/2 the distributor that TJ is, I'll be a happy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT