ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter says Braden Smith just committed to Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, 45.1 % from the 3? The 6-foot Smith averaged 22.0 points and 6.2 assists per game as a junior at Westfield, shooting 45.1 % from the 3-point line.

Let's play "Name that Player"

Here's what was written about a recent IN HS player:

"He's an undersized 6-foot-1 guard with tremendous shooting and passing skills. The big boys, who have watched him play a lot, both at Blackford and on the AAU circuit, are taking a pass."

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
Let's play "Name that Player"

Here's what was written about a recent IN HS player:

"He's an undersized 6-foot-1 guard with tremendous shooting and passing skills. The big boys, who have watched him play a lot, both at Blackford and on the AAU circuit, are taking a pass."
Let me see. Who is Braden Smith? ;)

Lol the only High Major to offer him. Gotta love it
tenor.gif

Reactions: Level 42
Hell...I'm talking shit to Purdue fans. And I am one!

I don't think this is a good pick up. Period. Hope like hell I'm wrong but I don't see the need for an unathletic, undersized spot up 3 pt shooter. Isn't that what IT is?

Comparing Smith to IT is way off. He’s not a spot-up shooter lol.

Reactions: BoilerDaddy
Comparing Smith to IT is way off. He’s not a spot-up shooter lol.
He's not? What is he? A playmaking PG who can get break down the D, get into the lane and finish at the rim?

Will be interesting to see how he handles someone 6'4, with more strength, speed and athleticism guarding him.

Lol IU fans were not all about him coming to IU. There would be a mass freak out on our board if a very low ranked, undersized, non athletic PG committed to IU.

I thought Painter had turned a corner in recruiting.
He has. He's learned that when you recruit what you need to and don't worry about silly little numbers by their name you beat your in-state rival like a drum.

Lol IU fans were not all about him coming to IU. There would be a mass freak out on our board if a very low ranked, undersized, non athletic PG committed to IU.

Painters commits post Shrewsberry: Unranked Brian Wadell (has a completely blank 24/7 page) Braden Smith: 5'10 in shoes, only other offers from mid majors. Now that Archie is gone purdue is back to picking up the in state scraps.

He has. He's learned that when you recruit what you need to and don't worry about silly little numbers by their name you beat your in-state rival like a drum.
So he doesn’t need any Athleticism? Does he not resize that’s why he fails in the tournament?

And you guys picked up 2 highly ranked guards from an awesome Pitt team.

Reactions: Sophie1970
He didnt get an offer from IU lol, in fact he didnt get an offer from any High major, except purdue.
I know he didn’t get an offer from IU. Try reading better. I said that the IU board thought he was worthy. At least 5 posters in the 2022 Recruiting thread, on the IU free board, said they wanted him. That’s a fact, and that’s all I inferred. The rest of the misunderstanding was caused by your poor reading skills. Frankly I think IU and the rest of the BIG will regret not going for Smith, but that’s just my conjecture, not any sort of factual data. Please work on understanding the difference.

Reactions: charlespig
Odds eventually fall in the favor of IU to win a game against Purdue...don't they?

• Sad
Reactions: delarno
Yes we did! Don’t forgot top 30 guard Tamar Bates either! I mean they aren’t anywhere near the level of Waddell or Smith, but they are decent😏.
Waddell was the best player in the IHS championship game, hands down. Pretending otherwise is just trolling. You guys always tell us why IU is going to be better than Purdue, then fail to ever live up to all the baseless hype. When you start telling us that a reject from Pitt, and some high school guard is going to embarrass Purdue, all I can do is just smile. Same BS, different year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT