ADVERTISEMENT

Pissed off Braden Smith enters title game [free article]

Casey Bartley

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 25, 2022
Smith is his own harshest critic, a swarm of twitter like trolls in his head screaming at him, and sometimes they come out like they did against Grambling State in his second game against a #16 seed when the offense wasn't buzzing and he was wide open at the three-point line and his shot didn't go.

I feel like he’s been struggling a bit towards the end of the season even though the box score might reflect something different.

His jump shots haven’t been falling and today he could not turn the corner and get to the hoop consistently. Even during shoot around he was struggling.

I thought NC State had a good game plan against him.

All that said, he has the talent, I hope he gets out of his head and has the game of his life Monday.

I feel like he’s been struggling a bit towards the end of the season even though the box score might reflect something different.

His jump shots haven’t been falling and today he could not turn the corner and get to the hoop consistently. Even during shoot around he was struggling.

All that said, he has the talent, I hope he gets out of his head and has the game of his life Monday.
We're gonna need him at his best.

NC State guards were allowed to get very physical with him and he's already playing at a size disadvantage in most of his matchups.

Fortunately, tonight we didn't need him to be great and I think he settled down in the 2nd half and did what he needed to do to pull away and win.

Monday is a tailor-made chip-on-the-shoulder game for him. Coming off a game where he didn't play up to his standard, against a guard that is being touted as the best point guard in the country, in a game where we are being counted out by many in the media because they don't think our guards can match up.

Need great games from guards to win. Hopefully, Smith leads in that, but he is not the only guard needed to be on.

Will be tough as their starting Guards go 6-4, 6-5, 6-6.

Reactions: Purdue0023

Makes me wonder if the knee/upper calf injury isn't still affecting him. Tendon injuries can take time to heal.

Reactions: jtanoos1
NC State guards were allowed to get very physical with him and he's already playing at a size disadvantage in most of his matchups.

Fortunately, tonight we didn't need him to be great and I think he settled down in the 2nd half and did what he needed to do to pull away and win.

Monday is a tailor-made chip-on-the-shoulder game for him. Coming off a game where he didn't play up to his standard, against a guard that is being touted as the best point guard in the country, in a game where we are being counted out by many in the media because they don't think our guards can match up.

It helped bigtime when CMP had Lance Jones bring the ball up the court. That took a lot of pressure off him. He has seemed tired at the end of games recently.... rightfully so, as he is playing massive minutes.

Was thinking that Morton could spell him for a minute or two if possible as well, to keep him fresh towards the end of the game.

It helped bigtime when CMP had Lance Jones bring the ball up the court. That took a lot of pressure off him. He has seemed tired at the end of games recently.... rightfully so, as he is playing massive minutes.

Was thinking that Morton could spell him for a minute or two if possible as well, to keep him fresh towards the end of the game.
They really seemed to want to press Braden and keep him as close to midcourt as possible. When Lance had the ball they played off him. Seems like a simple adjustment but you have to make it, so kudos to the coaches who adjusted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT