ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter says Braden Smith just committed to Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they all have high rankings and big time offers coming out of high school?
3 out of the 8 major contributors on that team were unranked out of high school and had no P5 offers. Thamba was a 3 star. Vital, Mayer, Butler, and Mitchell were 4 stars. And Mitchell was a transfer from Auburn.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Did they all have high rankings and big time offers coming out of high school?
Baylor recruiting rankings by year:
2016 - 41
2017 - 81
2018 - 36
2019 - 128
2020 - 31

Hmm, looks like less than "mediocre" recruiting...

Purdue recruiting rankings by year:
2016 - 108
2017 - 34
2018 - 49
2019 - 58
2020 - 36

Damn it all. Painter just can't keep up with the big guys...

3 out of the 8 major contributors on that team were unranked out of high school and had no P5 offers. Thamba was a 3 star. Vital, Mayer, Butler, and Mitchell were 4 stars. And Mitchell was a transfer from Auburn.
As others have said, winning big is about getting a good team with the right players at every position. It isn't about having a Top-50 player at every position or a top 10 recruiting class for 4 years.

People get on the flavor-of-the-month kick. It's the shiny new thing that someone else has and we supposedly don't. Kentucky won with all 5-star one-and-done recruits, so obviously Purdue needs them. Now Baylor won it all with athletic guards who can score (but no 5-star recruits), so Purdue needs to be loading up on low-rated, lightly recruited, but dynamic guards. Oh, but those guards really have to be highly rated and have to already have numerous P5 offers. It can make your head spin.

But didn't you just say success required a big who could also shoot from the outside? Or are you changing your statement now, kinda like you always do?

And there's those silly moveable goalposts again. :rolleyes:

Hey now.....I'll give Lenny a break.....I can't be sure, but I believe he's "amplifying" his statement.

e067a495-17e9-4e63-a1a4-da04b2d7ff40_text.gif

But didn't you just say success required a big who could also shoot from the outside? Or are you changing your statement now, kinda like you always do?
No, go reread. What I said was, i don't know if having a 7 foot, back to the basket low post player who can't shot from outside or play pick n pop is the formula for success.
I also said I wouldn't mind seeing some 4 G/1 F lineups if all those guys can score.

Baylor recruiting rankings by year:
2016 - 41
2017 - 81
2018 - 36
2019 - 128
2020 - 31

Hmm, looks like less than "mediocre" recruiting...

Purdue recruiting rankings by year:
2016 - 108
2017 - 34
2018 - 49
2019 - 58
2020 - 36

Damn it all. Painter just can't keep up with the big guys...

Then Scott Drew must be a better coach than Painter. How much should we offer to get him to Purdue?

Then Scott Drew must be a better coach than Painter. How much should we offer to get him to Purdue?
So, changing the narrative again I see? You just can't stick to a statement. You're all over the place. That's why you don't have any credibility when you say something.

Here's an idea. Form an opinion and then defend THAT opinion. Anytime someone refutes your opinion with fact, own up to it and say you were wrong instead of adding exception upon exception to your original opinion/statement.

So, changing the narrative again I see? You just can't stick to a statement. You're all over the place. That's why you don't have any credibility when you say something.

Here's an idea. Form an opinion and then defend THAT opinion. Anytime someone refutes your opinion with fact, own up to it and say you were wrong instead of adding exception upon exception to your original opinion/statement.
I am convinced more than ever the world is ending as you and I are agreeing more and more. Karenfish will never own up to being wrong about anything, he always is and as you said just changes the goalposts.

Are you, Lil Andy and 69 in some sort of secret club? It sounds cool. How does one join?
Yeah it's called the club of calling yo out for your foolishness and inaccuracies. And ironically, 99.8% of the posters on this forum all belong to it.

You want to join? Stop being an ignorant, goal post moving buffoon.

Yeah it's called the club of calling yo out for your foolishness and inaccuracies. And ironically, 99.8% of the posters on this forum all belong to it.

Nah. Painter just needs to sign a couple of Devin Booker/Ja Morant clones and Bone will be satisfied. No biggie.

Can I join? It sounds like a fun club!

Reactions: Level 42

But then I wouldn't have the opportunity to debate idiots. That's no fun.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr

ouch.....Maybe I should start to care?

ouch.....Maybe I should start to care?
As much as you put yourself through everyone making you look so foolish, you most certainly do care. You are quickly reaching iu levels of needing our acceptance of what you think. Hence why I don't believe and never will believe you attended Purdue. Which again, I know you care that I think that otherwise you wouldn't make such an effort to move the goal posts on things.

And you're completely missing everyone mocking you. It has nothing to do with you 'not caring' either, you just plainly aren't seeing it.

As much as you put yourself through everyone making you look so foolish, you most certainly do care. You are quickly reaching iu levels of needing our acceptance of what you think. Hence why I don't believe and never will believe you attended Purdue. Which again, I know you care that I think that otherwise you wouldn't make such an effort to move the goal posts on things.

And you're completely missing everyone mocking you. It has nothing to do with you 'not caring' either, you just plainly aren't seeing it.
I think I should clarify something here. I am not mocking Bonefish. He’s a Purdue fan through and through. He just carries a truly unique perspective on how college sports operates. I try to share my differing perspective to help him understand.

it doesn’t seem to be working.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Dude, you got very p*ssed at me some time ago because I wrote some things you didn't like, and it hurt your feelings. You clearly carry a grudge, but life's too short. Let it go.
Sorry but you just aren’t important enough to make me hold some sort of grudge against you. I just call it like I see it and don’t think you add much to the board other than being argumentative and rude towards other posters.

I'll never get the past 20 minutes spent reading this, thread. My bad, I know...
Isn't it astounding that a good kid decides to play for Purdue and some fans find it necessary to turn the decision into a puffed chest argument about their own personal issues with recruiting instead of just congratulating and welcoming the young man into the family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT