ADVERTISEMENT

The man has no honor

The Atlantic. LOL.
Would you prefer the Pacific????
You cannot defend this POS forever without putting your own credibility at risk.
Trump has no concern for the military besides his hollow words. Do you want to follow him down the crapper?
You are welcome to if you want. It's still a free country, but you had better be prepared for the consequences. Do you want to put your reputation on the line in defense of him?

If so, you must not have much honor.

Reactions: LedZep17
Yes, really. You are calling it a witch hunt hoax. I didn't. Some would call that projecting.

I thought I was rather nuanced in my explanation but you decide to ignore all of that and quote a single sentence.

I can walk you through why these otherwise, "bombshell" stories, are ignored by everyone in America outside of the twitter crowd.
lol

Sarah Sanders refuted it and she no longer works for Trump. What would she gain by lying about it?
LOL!

Are you even serious?????

Sarah Sanders?

Does she still have ANY legitimacy left after lying for Trump after the years she served, er, covered for him.

Do you folks have any pride left?

More people have now gone on the record saying it didn’t happen than have gone on the record saying it did happen. Interesting but not surprising. It got the easily excitable all excited.
Got any names to support your claim?

This ought to be interesting....... 3>10??????

Jeffrey Goldberg lost credibility with the Kevin Williamson debacle.

I'm not disinclined to believe this happened, but trust in media is simply too low to open the article and see "sources close to situation" and file this away as true. The chain of trust is too long from Goldberg to his anon sources and is no ones fault but the media itself. This administration has had a lot shit talked by "sources close to situation" without anyone ever putting a name on it. This same story has been written at least weekly since inaguration.

I see OP just gobbles this stuff up, though.

When people WANT to believe dirt badly enough, they'll believe anything. Incredibly/coincidentally enough, the Dems ran an ad about this article almost as soon as it came out. Collusion, perhaps?

Bolton, who is no fan of Trump's, has said that he was there at the time this allegedly went down and said that there was no truth to it.

Reactions: BSIT and SKYDOG
Really? Just chalk it up to another witch hunt hoax. Trump seems to have these coming up weekly that it seems to make all of you numb.

He probably has to defend these things weekly, because the Dems & MSM seem to keep throwing crap at the wall weekly, hoping something will stick. They have been in full attack mode against Trump, since he won the nomination and are STILL in full attack mode. I'm surprised they haven't accused him of being involved in the 9/11 attacks yet...

So his direct quote on McCain not being a hero because he was captured was false? After making that quote, is this a leap? The fact that you continue to believe a serial liar is great. The guy is a massive POS that has said these things before but faked his way out of serving.

You believed Clinton & Obama and they lied to you constantly. I guess having a "D" after their names makes the lies much easier to swallow. As I recall, Clinton dodged the draft, as well. I'm sure that has you equally incensed.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Canceling the trip in France due to rain was widely criticized at the time.........because there is always a rain option for presidential visits.
He also didn't go to Arlington on Veterans day because of rain.
He loves him some generals and has even referred to them as his.......until they disagree with him or don't show the required loyalty. Then he trashes them.
He has no problem interfering in military justice cases.
I agree. How is this info a leap?
After he's gone it's all gonna come out........and will still be called fake news no matter how many sources confirm it.

John Bolton, who we can all agree does NOT like Trump, has openly said that he was there, when the decision was made not to attend the ceremony and he did NOT hear anything remotely like that having been said. The Truth has come out, but all the TDS victims refuse to acknowledge it.

Reactions: BSIT
The Military Times polling says it all... done BEFORE The Atlantic report broke.

im-226961

WRDYQUQ5SNCNHIHT7HBKY7ZJW4.jpg

You must have spent a lot of time in Mom's basement compiling all this crap. This appears to be the most severe case of TDS that I've ever seen.

My understanding is that 1) There was rain that kept them from using the helicopter, 2) The travel time would have been 3 hours by motorcade 3) Secret Service had not scouted the route by land, therefore had significant objections to the motorcade. Everything there sounds perfectly reasonable / believable, although you can probably be a bit critical about the SS not having a back-up plan.

According to Bolton though, Trump didn't exactly raise any objections either, ie. "This is outrageous, I need to be there!", etc.
Both the official reason and Trump spouting off about how stupid the soldiers were for dying are not two mutually exclusive possibilities.

Bolton disagrees with you. He said that he was there and NEVER heard anything remotely like that having been said. Don't you think that Bolton would pile on, if there were anything to this story? Don't you think that Bolton would have put it in his book, if there were anything to this story?

TDS is making some of you too desperate for anything that might bring down the Orange Man.

Think about it. A hit piece on Trump, two months before the election trying to alienate the military?
How convenient for the Dems...

Bolton disagrees with you. He said that he was there and NEVER heard anything remotely like that having been said. Don't you think that Bolton would pile on, if there were anything to this story? Don't you think that Bolton would have put it in his book, if there were anything to this story?

TDS is making some of you too desperate for anything that might bring down the Orange Man.

Think about it. A hit piece on Trump, two months before the election trying to alienate the military?
How convenient for the Dems...

“Hogan Gidley, who is currently the Trump campaign's national press secretary, traveled with the president during the trip to France as deputy White House press secretary. In a phone interview, Gidley denied the report.

"That is a disgusting grotesque lie. I was there. The president never said that. And he would never even think such a vile thought because I know from firsthand knowledge that the president absolutely loves, respects, and reveres the brave men and women of the U.S. military," Gidley told CBS News.

He also slammed the anonymous sources cited in the report, saying, "These weak, pathetic, cowardly sources, with no firsthand knowledge, do not have the courage nor the decency to put their name to that false accusation because they know how completely ludicrous it is."
Jordan Karem, who was the president's former director of oval operations served and his "body man" before he left the White House in 2018, said that he was with the president for the majority of the day when the commemoration at the cemetery was to take place and denied that the president had uttered the remarks alleged by the Atlantic. Karem said Mr. Trump never called the American soldiers buried in France "losers" and called the story "100% false."

"I was with the president the whole day, and he was greatly disappointed that we couldn't go," Karem said. At the time, as the president noted, the White House cited bad weather for Mr. Trump's inability to attend the ceremony, located about 50 miles from Paris, where he was staying. However, other world leaders, including French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, visited sites outside the city on that day, despite the rain.

National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien said he wasn't in the meeting in question but called the article's publication "sad" and insisted the president has always been supportive of the military. O'Brien said he's never seen anything like that happen.

When people WANT to believe dirt badly enough, they'll believe anything. Incredibly/coincidentally enough, the Dems ran an ad about this article almost as soon as it came out. Collusion, perhaps?

Bolton, who is no fan of Trump's, has said that he was there at the time this allegedly went down and said that there was no truth to it.
Bolton just said he did not hear Trump say that the troops were losers and suckers; he did not say it could not have happened.

Reactions: TheCainer
“Hogan Gidley, who is currently the Trump campaign's national press secretary, traveled with the president during the trip to France as deputy White House press secretary. In a phone interview, Gidley denied the report.

"That is a disgusting grotesque lie. I was there. The president never said that. And he would never even think such a vile thought because I know from firsthand knowledge that the president absolutely loves, respects, and reveres the brave men and women of the U.S. military," Gidley told CBS News.

He also slammed the anonymous sources cited in the report, saying, "These weak, pathetic, cowardly sources, with no firsthand knowledge, do not have the courage nor the decency to put their name to that false accusation because they know how completely ludicrous it is."
Jordan Karem, who was the president's former director of oval operations served and his "body man" before he left the White House in 2018, said that he was with the president for the majority of the day when the commemoration at the cemetery was to take place and denied that the president had uttered the remarks alleged by the Atlantic. Karem said Mr. Trump never called the American soldiers buried in France "losers" and called the story "100% false."

"I was with the president the whole day, and he was greatly disappointed that we couldn't go," Karem said. At the time, as the president noted, the White House cited bad weather for Mr. Trump's inability to attend the ceremony, located about 50 miles from Paris, where he was staying. However, other world leaders, including French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, visited sites outside the city on that day, despite the rain.

National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien said he wasn't in the meeting in question but called the article's publication "sad" and insisted the president has always been supportive of the military. O'Brien said he's never seen anything like that happen.
Interested about a basic fact that appears in these stories what is the distance was from Paris to the cemetery. Gidley is saying 50 miles and the Atlantic said 40 miles. What's the actual distance?

I've been trying to avoid this whole thing because I am tired of politics, but this whole thing from the Atlantic is crap. One key takeaway that should clue everyone in is how quickly ads started popping up citing the article as in the article came out and there were some ads THE SAME DAY. And why now when this supposedly happened a while ago? Easy because Trump is gaining ground (52% approval rating and a very high approval rating among African Americans) and everything is being done to try and derail the momentum.

This is a despicable tactic to try and gain a political edge as Trump has huge support within the military (the previous graph in this thread is crap too).

Many of you long time posters know what I do for a living and where I have and do work and I guarantee this article from the Atlantic is garbage and frankly, I hope Trump sues them over it.

Trump says and does some things I don't like sure, but on thing he just wouldn't do is say what the Atlantic is trying to push. And no, the John McCain thing is NOT the same when you listen to the entire context. But you have to ask yourself, how good is your candidate when you can't argue platform ideas and instead need bogus headlines to try and win you an election?

And lastly the media needs to be held accountable for a change because they are no friend of the people. BOTH SIDES pander to their party lines instead of just reporting the truth and letting us decide like they used to. That is horrible for the country and is the main reason for our divided country. If the media was truly fair and balanced, I highly doubt Trump would be tweeting as much. Think about it....... and I mean REALLY think about it and you'll see I am right. The funny thing is if you want accurate reporting, you have to look at media outlets in other countries right now.

Alright, I am out of this thread because it's just going to go on for pages and no one will change anyone else's mind. I've sad what I wanted to say.

You must have spent a lot of time in Mom's basement compiling all this crap. This appears to be the most severe case of TDS that I've ever seen.

LOL, did you mean to reply to the post above mine? Or are you too chicken-shit to admit that too? @tsmatthias expertly put together a history for you that is very pertinent to this thread, and you obviously can't deal with it. Looks like someone has a problem with reality and writes off everything they can't refute as TDS. Enjoy 2021!

I've been trying to avoid this whole thing because I am tired of politics, but this whole thing from the Atlantic is crap. One key takeaway that should clue everyone in is how quickly ads started popping up citing the article as in the article came out and there were some ads THE SAME DAY. And why now when this supposedly happened a while ago? Easy because Trump is gaining ground (52% approval rating and a very high approval rating among African Americans) and everything is being done to try and derail the momentum.

This is a despicable tactic to try and gain a political edge as Trump has huge support within the military (the previous graph in this thread is crap too).

Many of you long time posters know what I do for a living and where I have and do work and I guarantee this article from the Atlantic is garbage and frankly, I hope Trump sues them over it.

Trump says and does some things I don't like sure, but on thing he just wouldn't do is say what the Atlantic is trying to push. And no, the John McCain thing is NOT the same when you listen to the entire context. But you have to ask yourself, how good is your candidate when you can't argue platform ideas and instead need bogus headlines to try and win you an election?

And lastly the media needs to be held accountable for a change because they are no friend of the people. BOTH SIDES pander to their party lines instead of just reporting the truth and letting us decide like they used to. That is horrible for the country and is the main reason for our divided country. If the media was truly fair and balanced, I highly doubt Trump would be tweeting as much. Think about it....... and I mean REALLY think about it and you'll see I am right. The funny thing is if you want accurate reporting, you have to look at media outlets in other countries right now.

Alright, I am out of this thread because it's just going to go on for pages and no one will change anyone else's mind. I've sad what I wanted to say.
So far John Kelly and James Mattis's denials have been deafening.

Where you work is irrelevant. If I REALLY think about it, I’ll see that YOU are right?, okay! Buh bye

Please spare us. Multiple sources corroborate it. While they may be anonymous right now because they don't want to get death threats from Trumplicans, they would hold in court. Surely you understand this?

Reactions: indy35
You believed Clinton & Obama and they lied to you constantly. I guess having a "D" after their names makes the lies much easier to swallow. As I recall, Clinton dodged the draft, as well. I'm sure that has you equally incensed.

I didn’t vote for Clinton or Obama. Nice try. Unlike you, at some point I can separate party from the individual.

But keep whatabouting

Please spare us. Multiple sources corroborate it. While they may be anonymous right now because they don't want to get death threats from Trumplicans, they would hold in court. Surely you understand this?
4 anonymous sources say it happened.
10 interviewed live, sources say it didn’t.
Come on Man!

Many more, who were actually there, are refuting it as completely bogus and they have put their names out there. So you take the word of a few anonymous sources over 8-10 known sources who strongly refute it? And hold up in court? You talking a city traffic infractions court or something?

Many more, who were actually there, are refuting it as completely bogus and they have put their names out there. So you take the word of a few anonymous sources over 8-10 known sources who strongly refute it? And hold up in court? You talking a city traffic infractions court or something?
By that logic Clinton would be the president.

So all 12-14 people, or however many it was, were around Trump every second together and everyone was listening to his every word together? See where your argument doesn't hold water?
And BBG said he hopes Trump sues them over it... so he should do it.

So all 12-14 people, or however many it was, were around Trump every second together and everyone was listening to his every word together? See where your argument doesn't hold water?
And BBG said he hopes Trump sues them over it... so he should do it.
So the 2 or so anonymous sources had ultimate access to trump and were around him more than the other 10? Your logic is the one that makes no sense.

So the 2 or so anonymous sources had ultimate access to trump and were around him more than the other 10? Your logic is the one that makes no sense.

When others from his administration break ranks over the next month, I look forward to your take. But I am confident it will be deep state this and that. Even though he hired all of them.

Trump and his history with the military. I'm sure some will dispute the sources but some are more than legit.
The fact that Kelly had no comment on the Atlantic story posted by the OP is pretty telling.

Trump knew since Mar 2020 that Russia paid bounties to kill American troops, yet he has done nothing. he was briefed on options such as sanctions yet his admin has taken no action against russia for paying bounties for killing American and NATO troops.

In May 2020, the White House was planning to end National Guard deployments one day before they could claim benefits, but after the massive public outcry, they backtracked and let Guard members continue on their orders.

The Trump admin seized 5 million masks intended for VA hospitals. Kushner distributes these masks to private entities for a fee, who then sells the masks to the government

Trump's admin fired the captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt after he warned superiors that COVID19 was spreading among his crew. The virus subsequently spread amongst the crew.

After Iran's retaliatory strike, 109 US troops suffered brain injuries. Trump dismissed these as "headaches" https://apnews.com/eabf6766d717a2dd518a3c6319bb2430

Pardoned multiple war criminals, which stomped on long standing military values, discipline, and command. Trump has no military experience (May&Nov, 2019)

Trump mocked Lt. Col. Vindman for his rank and uniform. He threatened said purple heart officer, resulting in the Army providing him protection. Sent opposition research to the Pentagon to derail Lt. Col. Vindman's promotion

Trump’s Chief of Staff worked—in secret—to deny comprehensive health coverage to Vietnam Vets who suffered from Agent Orange.

There is a facility in Tijuana for US veterans that Trump deported. Wounded war vet, Sen Duckworth (D) marked Veterans Day 2019 by visiting this facility

Russia took control of the main U.S. military facility in Syria abandoned on Trump’s orders. Russia now owns the airstrip we built

On Oct 7, 2019, Trump abruptly withdrew support from America's allies in Syria after a phone call with Turkey's president (Erdogan). Turkey subsequently bombed US Special Forces.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...-administration-to-pull-troops-from-northern- syria-as-turkey-readies-offensive/2019/10/07/a965e466-e8b3-11e9-bafb-da248f8d5734_story.html https://www.npr.org/2019/10/07/7679...ticized-for-pulling-troops-from-syrian-border

In Sept 2019, he made an Air Force cargo crew, flying from the U.S. to Kuwait stop in Scotland (where there's no U.S. base) to refuel at a commercial airport (where it costs more), so they could stay overnight at a Trump property (which isn't close to the airport). Trump’s golf courses are losing money, so he's forcing the military to pay for 5-star nights there.

In Sept, 2019, Pentagon pulled funds for military schools, military housing funds, and daycare to pay for Trump's border wall.

In Aug, 2019, emails revealed that three of Trump's Mar-a-Lago pals, who are now running Veterans Affairs, are rampant with meddling. "They had no experience in veterans affairs (none of them even served in the military) nor underwent any kind of approval process to serve as de facto managers. Yet, with Trump’s approval, they directed actions and criticized operations without any oversight. They wasted valuable staff time in hundreds of pages of communications and meetings, emails show. Emails reveal disdainful attitudes within the department to the trio’s meddling."

Trump instructed aides to seize private property some of which contain military service member remains.

Trump told officials he would pardon them if they break the law by illegally seizing property.

Children of deployed US troops are no longer guaranteed citizenship. This includes US troops posted abroad for years at a time (August 28, 2019)

On Aug 2, 2019, Trump requisitioned military retirement funds towards border wall

On July 31, 2019, Trump ordered the Navy rescind medals to prosecutors who were prosecuted war criminals

Trump denied a U.S. Marine of 6 years entry into the United States for his citizenship interview (Reported July 17, 2019)

Trump made the U.S. Navy Blue Angels violate ethics rules by having them fly at his July 4th political campaign event (July 4, 2019)

Trump demanded US military chiefs stand next to him at 4th of July parade (reported July 2, 2019)

In June, 2019, Trump sent troops to the border to paint the fence

Trump used his D-Day interview at a cemetery commemorating fallen US soldiers to attack a Vietnam veteran (June 6, 2019)

Trump made his 2nd wife, Marla Maples, sign a prenup that would have cut off all child support if Tiffany joined the military (reported June 4th, 2019)

On May 27, 2019, Trump turned away US military from his Memorial Day speech because they were from the destroyer USS John S. McCain

Trump ordered the USS John McCain out of sight during his visit to Japan (May 15, 2019). The ship's name was subsequently covered. (May 27, 2019)

Trump's admin did nothing to fix the purge of 200,000 vets' healthcare applications (due to known administrative errors within VA’s enrollment system) even after a congressional testimony to point out the problem. (reported on May 13, 2019)

Under Trump's Admin, ICE deported a spouse of fallen Army soldier killed in Afghanistan, leaving their daughter parentless (April 16, 2019)

On March 20, 2019, Trump complained that a deceased war hero didn't thank him for his funeral

Between 12/22/2018, and 1/25/2019, Trump refused to sign his party's funding bill, which shut down the government, forcing the Coast Guard to go without pay, which made service members rely on food pantries. and the generosity of private businesses like USAA and Navy Federal to cover their paychecks. However, his appointees got a $10,000 pay raise

He banned service members from serving based on gender identity (1/22/2019) https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/13/us/transgender-troops-ban.html

He tried to denied female troops access to birth control to limit sexual activity (on-going. Published Jan 18, 2019)

He tried to deport a marine vet who is a U.S.-born citizen (Jan 16, 2019)

When a man was caught swindling veterans pensions for high-interest “cash advances," Trump's Consumer Financial Protection Bureau fined him $1 (Jan 26, 2019)

He called a retired general a 'dog' with a 'big, dumb mouth' (Jan 1, 2019)

He increased privatization of the VA, leading to longer waits and higher taxpayer cost (2018)

He revealed a covert Seal Team 5 deployment, including names and faces, on Twitter during his visit to Iraq (Dec 26, 2018)

Trump lied to deployed troops that he gave them a 10% raise (12/26/2018).

He tried giving the military a raise that was lower than the standard living adjustment. Congress told him that idea wasn't going to work. Then after giving them the raise that Congress made him, he lied about it pretending that it was larger than Obama's. It wasn't.

He fired service members living with HIV just before the 2018 holidays https://time.com/5485126/lawsuit-air-force-discharge-hiv-positive-members/

He tried to slash disability and unemployment benefits for Veterans to $0, and eliminate the unemployability extrascheduler rating (Dec 17, 2018) This means disabled veterans could have seen their annual disability benefits fall from around $35,000 to around $13,000 under Donald Trump's budget proposal to cut "individual unemployability" for disabled veterans who were old enough to receive Social Security payments.

He called troops on Thanksgiving and told them he's most thankful for himself (Thanksgiving, 2018)

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/11/22/trump-troops-thanksgiving/ medical-deferment-from-vietnam/ He urged Florida to not count deployed military votes (Nov 12, 2018)

He canceled an Arlington Cemetery visit on Veterans Day due to light rain (Nov 12, 2018)

While in Europe commemorating the end of WWI, he didn't attend the ceremony at a US cemetery due to the rain -- other world leaders went anyway (Nov 10, 2018)

He used troops as a political prop by sending them on a phantom mission to the border and made them miss Thanksgiving with their families (Oct-Dec, 2018)

Trump changed the GI Bill through his Forever GI Act, causing the VA to miss veteran benefits, including housing allowances. This caused many vets to run out of food and rent. (reported October 7, 2018)

Trump doubled the rejection rate for veterans requesting family deportation protections (July 5, 2018)

Trump deported active-duty spouses (11,800 military families face this problem as of April 2018)

He forgot a fallen soldier's name (below) during a call to his pregnant widow, then attacked her the next day (Oct 23-24, 2017)

He sent commandos into an ambush due to a lack of intel, and sends contractors to pick them up, resulting in a commando being left behind, tortured, and executed. (Trump approved the mission because Bannon told him Obama didn't have the guts to do it) (Oct 4, 2017)

Doesn't stand during retreat bugle, continues to talk. "What a nice sound that is. Are they playing that for you [Sean Hannity] or me?"

He ordered the discharge of active-duty immigrant troops with good records (2017-present)

On Oct 3, 2016, Trump said vets get PTSD because they aren't strong

Trump accepted a Purple Heart from a fan at one of his rallies and said: “I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier.” (Aug 2, 2016)

If you know how service members receive purple hearts, then you should also realize how absurd it is for trump to say what he did.

Trump attacks Gold Star families: Myeshia Johnson (gold star widow), Khan family (gold star parents) etc. (2016-present)

Trump sent roughly half of funds raised from a Jan 2016 veterans benefit to the Donald J Trump Foundation instead of veterans charities (the foundation has since been ordered shut because of fraud) (Jan, 2016)

Trump said he doesn't consider POWs heroes because they were caught. He said he prefers people who were not caught (July 18, 2015)

Trump said having unprotected sex was his own personal Vietnam (1998)

Trump dodged the draft 5 times by having a doctor diagnose him with bone spurs.

Well done sir!

Reactions: tsmatthias
Multiple "anonymous" sources, yeah which is a joke. I get it, Jesus himself could come down and say this didn't happen and just because you hate Trump so much, you would immediately call Jesus a liar.

You all need to wake up because you are being duped.

4 anonymous sources say it happened.
10 interviewed live, sources say it didn’t.
Come on Man!
I mean even Bolton, who pretty much hates Trump, said it didn't happen. It's really sad to see so many so easily duped by the media.

And now I am out of this thread as I should of done earlier like I said I would do. I have a bet this thing goes at least 15 pages.

I mean even Bolton, who pretty much hates Trump, said it didn't happen. It's really sad to see so many so easily duped by the media.

And now I am out of this thread as I should of done earlier like I said I would do. I have a bet this thing goes at least 15 pages.
Bolton didn't say that. He said,"I didn't hear that. I'm not saying he didn't say them later in the day or another time but I was there for that discussion."
However, Bolton suggested the comments aren't out of character for Trump, telling the Times, "I haven't heard anybody yet react to say, 'That's not the Donald Trump I know."

If you're going to jump in and out of a thread you should probably go out stating actual facts.

Yes, Trump did say say everything about McCain that is being attributed to him.

The only ones being duped are those that he gives a damn about the military unless it serves his narcissistic needs.

Bolton didn't say that. He said,"I didn't hear that. I'm not saying he didn't say them later in the day or another time but I was there for that discussion."
However, Bolton suggested the comments aren't out of character for Trump, telling the Times, "I haven't heard anybody yet react to say, 'That's not the Donald Trump I know."

If you're going to jump in and out of a thread you should probably go out stating actual facts.

Yes, Trump did say say everything about McCain that is being attributed to him.

The only ones being duped are those that he gives a damn about the military unless it serves his narcissistic needs.
giphy.gif

Reactions: BSIT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT