ADVERTISEMENT

Sing it Drew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Clinton polls were from shortly before the election. At this time during the 2016 campaign Clinton had major leads in all polls. Then the debates started and she got owned in every single one. Hillary’s brain wasn’t giving out on her at that point like Biden’s is.

Let me ask you this though.... why are you for Biden? He’s been in politics for 40 years. He had 8 years in the White House already. Why hasn’t he already accomplished everything he says he’s going to accomplish?

I’m for Biden because trump is a p.o.s.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
President Slick is one of the most jacked up human beings I know. I didn’t agree politically with Reagan, G W Bush and G H W Bush, but I liked them personally. This fool we got in the office now has got to go. He has no empathy for people. Everything is all about him. He is a racist and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Reactions: Blaze Maker
So you are more about voting for the person rather than the policies. When it comes to voting for the president I’m far more about voting for the policies. Especially since all politicians are corrupt.

I don’t like Trump as a person. I love him as a President.

Reactions: NG.q15 and BBG
This is simply false, trump is polling worse against Biden than Hillary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/08/why-trumps-bad-poll-numbers-are-worse-than-2016/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/politics/biden-hits-majority-support/index.html

trump is an idiot, I would expect any riveting debates from him.
Says our favorite troll...

The polls you site are the same that predicted a landslide for Hillary. CNN is a joke, right? And I wouldn't trust the Washington Post to manage a castration in a party of Unicks. Seriously, I think the two candidates are tenths if a percent apart. It’s is going to be a terrifically entertaining fall.

President Slick is one of the most jacked up human beings I know. I didn’t agree politically with Reagan, G W Bush and G H W Bush, but I liked them personally. This fool we got in the office now has got to go. He has no empathy for people. Everything is all about him. He is a racist and nobody can convince me otherwise.
I liked Reagan and the first Bush. That was about it. I haven’t liked or trusted any of the gentlemen who have held the office since.

furthermore, I think you are very welcome to your perspective on the current Occupant of the White House. The issue I face is one of “Who is the lesser evil?”. Wasn’t there a Simon and Garfunkel song...

President Slick and his followers remind me of some type of cult. Reminds me of Jim Jones back in the 70's He led his cult followers to move down to the South American country, Guyana. Forced to drink cyanide laser kool-aid and died. Move forward to 2020, during the height of a pandemic, President Slick is having a campaign rally in an indoor, 19,000 stadium in Tulsa, OK now on June 20. Masks are optional, with no social distancing rules in place. But his followers are still going to be there in the thousands with the stupid looking red hats. This time around, there will be no cyanide laser kool-aid. Instead, there will be COVID-19 virus that has killed over 110,000 in 5-6 months that these followers will be exposed to. Then, bringing the virus back to their homes and communities spreading it even further.

Reactions: Blaze Maker
President Slick and his followers remind me of some type of cult. Reminds me of Jim Jones back in the 70's He led his cult followers to move down to the South American country, Guyana. Forced to drink cyanide laser kool-aid and died. Move forward to 2020, during the height of a pandemic, President Slick is having a campaign rally in an indoor, 19,000 stadium in Tulsa, OK now on June 20. Masks are optional, with no social distancing rules in place. But his followers are still going to be there in the thousands with the stupid looking red hats. This time around, there will be no cyanide laser kool-aid. Instead, there will be COVID-19 virus that has killed over 110,000 in 5-6 months that these followers will be exposed to. Then, bringing the virus back to their homes and communities spreading it even further.
Yes, because everything we are seeing suggests the virus isn’t nearly as bad as expected.

What about the millions of Biden/Liberal supporters that were marching in groups far exceeding 19k for WEEKS??? Are they idiots too?

Yes, because everything we are seeing suggests the virus isn’t nearly as bad as expected.

What about the millions of Biden/Liberal supporters that were marching in groups far exceeding 19k for WEEKS??? Are they idiots too?
What do you mean not as bad as expected? You got over 110,000 deaths from the virus in 5 months. Are you kidding me. The latest models say 200,000 deaths by October.

Oh yeah, you are an idiot if you are going out in public without masks and social distancing, protesters included. They are not out there to see Biden, however. You can't fit that many people in his basement.

What do you mean not as bad as expected? You got over 110,000 deaths from the virus in 5 months. Are you kidding me. The latest models say 200,000 deaths by October.

Oh yeah, you are an idiot if you are going out in public without masks and social distancing, protesters included. They are not out there to see Biden, however. You can't fit that many people in his basement.
You realize every death than can possibly be attributed to Covid11.3 is being marked that way right? If someone gets shot in the head, and he also happens to have Covid11.3, it counts in the virus count. When 2020 is done, I don’t believe you will see a much higher percentage of overall deaths in 2020 than you did in the years leading up to this. 80% of deaths are over 65 and most of the people between 65-75 have pre existing conditions.

If you are over 75 stay home. If you have pre existing conditions and are over 55 stay home. If not, get out and live your damn life like you did pre Covid11.3.

You are a sheep and CNN is your shepherd. What a miserable way to live your life.

Reactions: BBG and NG.q15
... When 2020 is done, I don’t believe you will see a much higher percentage of overall deaths in 2020 than you did in the years leading up to this. ...

Incorrect, the available data already show significantly more TOTAL deaths in 2020 relative to last several years.

Check out the figures in the article linked below or spend a few minutes searching total deaths + country name, you’ll see that total deaths are up on average worldwide.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/28/us/coronavirus-death-toll-total.html

Reactions: SCBoiler1
Incorrect, the available data already show significantly more TOTAL deaths in 2020 relative to last several years.

Check out the figures in the article linked below or spend a few minutes searching total deaths + country name, you’ll see that total deaths are up on average worldwide.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/28/us/coronavirus-death-toll-total.html

Thank you.

Its sad when people just throw some talking point without doing any research because it "makes sense to them". Facts matter.

By the way there is a study that indicates that it is shortening peoples lives by more than a decade.

https://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/25448/20200424/covid-19-patients-losing-13-years-lives-average-study.htm

Look at the impact on life expectancy in NY
https://preventepidemics.org/covid19/science/insights/life-expectancy-in-new-york-city/

Character matters.
Choosing to do right. Choosing not to commit crimes. Choosing good versus bad.
None of this has anything to do with skin color. And as a black man, I would expect you to be the first to stand up and say that someone's skin color is irrelevant when it comes to choices they make.
Choosing to do right or wrong is a strange thing to say when we all know slavery existed and so did Jim Crow laws. You seem to want to ignore or diminish the affects these two wrongs have on blacks while also ignoring the fact that people who are purposely left out of the system are sometimes forced to choose other ways to survive.
For the record, I am not black. I’m a white man in my fifties without a criminal record. i live in southern Tennessee about 20 minutes from Alabama. I basically live in the heart of the confederacy and I am surrounded by civil war sites as well as southern folks who are proud of the confederacy.
My point and I promise not to write a book this time is this. The systemic segregation of blacks along with the multiple generations of slavery still affect blacks today because they were at a disadvantage then and compared to whites in America they are still at a disadvantage today due to the actions taken then along with the instances of systemic racism that still exists. Making something illegal doesn’t change ideals. We speed on a daily basis. Drugs are at an all time high for usage knowing that they have been illegal for decades. People still kill others, rape others, rob others even though we have laws against them. Knowing this, I’m not sure why it’s such a reach to believe we still have folks who believe blacks are lessor beings and they why don’t deserve equal rights in their own country.
Finally on making the right choices. The crux is this issue is if you haven’t had an adequate education and you are taught growing up by peers and neighbors that you are lessor of a human than whites, would that affect ones ability to choose between right and wrong? Would it also muddy the line between what is right or wrong if what you experience growing up is wrong based on what we know about civil rights? If it’s okay or right to treat those with dark skin in a manner that isn’t civil, do you even care what is right or wrong?

Last edited:
So you are more about voting for the person rather than the policies. When it comes to voting for the president I’m far more about voting for the policies. Especially since all politicians are corrupt.

I don’t like Trump as a person. I love him as a President.

I much prefer looking at policies, but I don't think the US should have a racist, xenophobe, bigot, sexist, liar, Russian pawn as president. When the house is burning you have to put out the fire using anything you have available. He is killing America's standing as the shining beacon on the hill. I'm not a fan of Biden, but his world view is more inline with mine than trump.

I agree that democrats don't have the best interest of black people at the top of their list, but I have to pick the lesser of 2 evils and trump is el diablo.

Again, as I stated, the numbers at the end of 2020 will be the numbers to look at. There are more deaths now, but there are also people that would have died later in the year that already died.

Thank you.

Its sad when people just throw some talking point without doing any research because it "makes sense to them". Facts matter.

By the way there is a study that indicates that it is shortening peoples lives by more than a decade.

https://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/25448/20200424/covid-19-patients-losing-13-years-lives-average-study.htm

Look at the impact on life expectancy in NY
https://preventepidemics.org/covid19/science/insights/life-expectancy-in-new-york-city/
It's sad that you can't read. I said at the END of 2020 numbers will likely look similar to most years as there are people that died already that would have died later in the year.

Experts don't even have clarity on how it spreads, yet you expect us to believe a random article that states it lowers life expectancy why 13 years? Lol sheep are gonna sheep.

Says our favorite troll...

The polls you site are the same that predicted a landslide for Hillary. CNN is a joke, right? And I wouldn't trust the Washington Post to manage a castration in a party of Unicks. Seriously, I think the two candidates are tenths if a percent apart. It’s is going to be a terrifically entertaining fall.

The historic Washington Post started in 1877, the winner of 69 Pulitzer prizes (second only to The New York Times'), received 18 Nieman Fellowships and 368 White House News Photographers Association awards.

Washington Post is fake news, where do you recommend I go to for political analysis and investigative journalism? InfoWars? Breitbart News? One America News?

Could you tell me what polls I should be looking at? Or are all polls fake news?

Do you stop looking at the weather forecast because the weatherman got it wrong a couple times? Sometimes pollsters get it wrong. If you look at my exchange with PurduePete98 a page or 2 ago, he used your same "landslide" argument and had no clue what he was talking about.

Last edited:
I much prefer looking at policies, but I don't think the US should have a racist, xenophobe, bigot, sexist, liar, Russian pawn as president. When the house is burning you have to put out the fire using anything you have available. He is killing America's standing as the shining beacon on the hill. I'm not a fan of Biden, but his world view is more inline with mine than trump.

I agree that democrats don't have the best interest of black people at the top of their list, but I have to pick the lesser of 2 evils and trump is el diablo.
Most Americans would disagree that President Trump is a "racist, xenophobe, bigot, sexist, liar, Russian pawn". Your opinions do not reflect everyone's views.

Reactions: Purdue85
The historic Washington Post started in 1877, the winner of 69 Pulitzer prizes (second only to The New York Times'), received 18 Nieman Fellowships and 368 White House News Photographers Association awards.

Washington Post is fake news, where do you recommend I go to for political analysis and investigative journalism? InfoWars? Breitbart News? One America News?

Could you tell me what polls I should be looking at? Or are all polls fake news?

Do you stop looking at the weather forecast because the weatherman got it wrong a couple times? Sometimes pollsters get it wrong. If you look at my exchange with PurduePete98 a page or 2 ago, he used your same "landslide" argument and had no clue what he was talking about.
Trump won in a landslide in the electoral vote. The electoral vote is the only vote that matters. The popular vote means nothing. It's not that hard.

Reactions: Purdue85
Good attempted save, but still a big mistake to compare electoral and popular voting.

That’s why I look at contested state polling, which isn’t looking good for trump. As a semi professional pollster, I recommend you do the same.

you’ve gotten off topic.
I’m still waiting to hear how racism results in bad decision making. And if all blacks experience racism, which presumably impacts their decision making, why don’t more have a criminal history?

You are living in your Indiana Republican bubble.

I know polls are fake news, but......

"New Yahoo News/YouGov poll: Most Americans say Trump is a 'racist' and want him to stop tweeting" June 1, 2020

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/s23agrrx47/20200531_yahoo_race_and_justice_crosstabs.pdf
First of all, that was a poll of 1000 people. Hardly a strong sample size.

Secondly, in the "Is Trump a Racist" section, There were 371 Democrats partaking in the poll, 308 Independents, and only 279 Republicans. Use your freaking brain!!!!!!!! You are literally looking at the overall percentage numbers without looking at who is taking part in the poll. This is exactly what the media wants from you.

STOP BEING A MEDIA SHEEP!!!!

Reactions: BBG
You’re like the little kid standing in the store with their fingers in their ears, stomping their feet screaming “I WANT A NEW DOLLY!”

Reactions: mathboy
First of all, that was a poll of 1000 people. Hardly a strong sample size.

Secondly, in the "Is Trump a Racist" section, There were 371 Democrats partaking in the poll, 308 Independents, and only 279 Republicans. Use your freaking brain!!!!!!!! You are literally looking at the overall percentage numbers without looking at who is taking part in the poll. This is exactly what the media wants from you.

STOP BEING A MEDIA SHEEP!!!!

1,004 Americans represent 260 million people with only a 3 percent margin of error

Nitpick the poll to death. The major point is that trump being a racist is not a radical idea. I don’t think he’s racist because of this poll, i think he’s racist because of his actions and what he says.

Reactions: LionBulldog83
I don't see why it is so hard to believe that President Slick is a racist. Even during there protests, he quotes stuff that takes us back 50 years when he says "When the looting starts, the shooting starts". That is straight from Rizzo, the racist police chief and mayor in Philly. He quotes racist stuff from the racist Miami mayor back in the day. That goes back to empathy. He never understands or doesn't care about the history behind these folks he quotes from. He really needs to stop listening to those conservative radio hosts and networks. They are the ones spreading that crap Slicks embraced that the 75 year old man that was pushed down and hit his head was a member of Antifa. And, that his fall was staged. Blood doesn't come out of the ears of someone staging.

You’re like the little kid standing in the store with their fingers in their ears, stomping their feet screaming “I WANT A NEW DOLLY!”

You don't like people challenging your way of thinking? You need to retaliate by calling them silly names? Don't worry i'll leave this discussion soon enough and let this homogeneous group continue to stew in your own juices.

1,004 Americans represent 260 million people with only a 3 percent margin of error

Nitpick the poll to death. The major point is that trump being a racist is not a radical idea. I don’t think he’s racist because of this poll, i think he’s racist because of his actions and what he says.
Well he is the worst racist ever for all he has done for the AA community. All that "poll" proves is people believe what the media tell them and don't bother looking it up for themselves. Sorta like you really.

You probably should look in the mirror first with that question, just saying. And trust me if I am coming to lenny's defense, then you are in the wrong.

Oh my, BBG has spoke I'm definitely in the wrong. :)

I'm commenting in a chat room with 90% Indiana Republicans, not in NYC. You don't think i'm expecting to be challenged?

Well he is the worst racist ever for all he has done for the AA community. All that "poll" proves is people believe what the media tell them and don't bother looking it up for themselves. Sorta like you really.
As a black person, I pay close attention to this stuff. I can tell you President Slick does not care about black people or anybody else for that matter. He only cares for himself. He keeps touting that he got the black unemployment levels to be the lowest in history. President Obama lowered unemployment to 3.5%, black unemployment to 6%. When President Slick to office, the unemployment levels continued to fall because of Obama's policies. Way before Slick began to implement his own policies. Yet he takes credit for it. A lot of folks have fallen for the old oke doke. Some blacks included. Slick does not care about black people. He cares for the black vote.

Reactions: LionBulldog83

I never once stated there weren't a large group of Americans didn't think Trump was Racist. The point is that it's largely on party lines.

If you took a poll with the same group of people I'm sure a big number would say Drew Brees was a racist too.

I don't see why it is so hard to believe that President Slick is a racist. Even during there protests, he quotes stuff that takes us back 50 years when he says "When the looting starts, the shooting starts". That is straight from Rizzo, the racist police chief and mayor in Philly. He quotes racist stuff from the racist Miami mayor back in the day. That goes back to empathy. He never understands or doesn't care about the history behind these folks he quotes from. He really needs to stop listening to those conservative radio hosts and networks. They are the ones spreading that crap Slicks embraced that the 75 year old man that was pushed down and hit his head was a member of Antifa. And, that his fall was staged. Blood doesn't come out of the ears of someone staging.
Was he wrong when he said when the looting starts, the shooting starts? Police shot people during the protests. Shop owners shot looters during the protests. Looters shot looters during the protest. Looters shot police during the protest. There was a lot of shooting going on all because of the riots/looters. It was a factual statement. The sheep like yourself took it to mean that Trump was going to order the military to shoot looters.

As a black person, I pay close attention to this stuff. I can tell you President Slick does not care about black people or anybody else for that matter. He only cares for himself. He keeps touting that he got the black unemployment levels to be the lowest in history. President Obama lowered unemployment to 3.5%, black unemployment to 6%. When President Slick to office, the unemployment levels continued to fall because of Obama's policies. Way before Slick began to implement his own policies. Yet he takes credit for it. A lot of folks have fallen for the old oke doke. Some blacks included. Slick does not care about black people. He cares for the black vote.
I've already debunked your unemployment rate theory. I can only lead you to water though. At some point you have to drink.

What has Biden done for the black community? Well of course other than say stuff like "If you don't vote for me you ain't black", or "Poor kids are just as bright as white kids".

Was he wrong when he said when the looting starts, the shooting starts? Police shot people during the protests. Shop owners shot looters during the protests. Looters shot looters during the protest. Looters shot police during the protest. There was a lot of shooting going on all because of the riots/looters. It was a factual statement. The sheep like yourself took it to mean that Trump was going to order the military to shoot looters.
That is exactly what he meant with that statement. That is his very poor attempt to appear tough. If he understood history and was empathetic and really cares about black folks, he would not quote stuff like that. Statements like that set this country back 60 years. That is Bull Conner type speak. Talk like that brings back images in my head of the firehoses they used to use on black protesters. German Shepard dogs attacking the black protesters. You can't say things like that and say that you are good for the black community.

I've already debunked your unemployment rate theory. I can only lead you to water though. At some point you have to drink.

What has Biden done for the black community? Well of course other than say stuff like "If you don't vote for me you ain't black", or "Poor kids are just as bright as white kids".
Old Joe sponsored legislation that resulted in the incarceration of large numbers of AA folks on minor drug charges. Seems like he was good buddies for years with some of the most racists bigots to ever serve in Congress. But hey, there is a good side. He does give free rides on Air Force 2 to relatives on their way to accept BOD positions in business they know nothing about. I guess he isn’t all bad.

I never once stated there weren't a large group of Americans didn't think Trump was Racist. The point is that it's largely on party lines.

If you took a poll with the same group of people I'm sure a big number would say Drew Brees was a racist too.

Here's a data point for you, in no way do I think Drew Brees is racist. I think he's the opposite of a racist. Just look at how he checked trumps tweet. I respected his original view regarding not disrespecting the flag, I just didn't agree with it.

I've discussed this with a group of friends who went to Purdue with me and not one thought Drew Brees was racist. In fact, they thought it was silly to come to that conclusion from his flag comment.

Old Joe sponsored legislation that resulted in the incarceration of large numbers of AA folks on minor drug charges. Seems like he was good buddies for years with some of the most racists bigots to ever serve in Congress. But hey, there is a good side. He does give free rides on Air Force 2 to relatives on their way to accept BOD positions in business they know nothing about. I guess he isn’t all bad.
LOL. What was it you were saying about taking points?

Reactions: pig1960
That is exactly what he meant with that statement. That is his very poor attempt to appear tough. If he understood history and was empathetic and really cares about black folks, he would not quote stuff like that. Statements like that set this country back 60 years. That is Bull Conner type speak. Talk like that brings back images in my head of the firehoses they used to use on black protesters. German Shepard dogs attacking the black protesters. You can't say things like that and say that you are good for the black community.
You have 0 idea what he meant by that tweet. He was not suggesting the military was going to come in and start shooting looters.

Additionally, I'm guessing 95% of America had never heard that phrase, or at least remember when that phrase was originally said. He said shootings would start to happen if looting kept up. Shootings happened on all sides.

That bill wasn't just sponsored by Biden and some of the other white congressmen. A lot of members of the Black Congressional Caucus voted for that bill. They voted for that bill because a lot of black folks in their districts were holding them accountable for the high crime in their neighborhoods. Because of that bill, crime rates in some of these districts did improve, however, what they did not realize at the time they all signed that bill was a disproportionate number of black men being incarcerated. Biden said that there was stuff in that bill that he did not like. That is the nature of compromise, you don't always get what you want.

Here's a data point for you, in no way do I think Drew Brees is racist. I think he's the opposite of a racist. Just look at how he checked trumps tweet. I respected his original view regarding not disrespecting the flag, I just didn't agree with it.

I've discussed this with a group of friends who went to Purdue with me and not one thought Drew Brees was racist. In fact, they thought it was silly to come to that conclusion from his flag comment.
LOL you think he tweeted at Trump because he wanted to??????? I bet you believe he changed his opinion on kneeling for the flag overnight too. He was doing everything he could to quell the public backlash he was receiving for having an opinion.

And yes, I would say at least 30% of the people in your "poll" would say Drew Brees is a racist. You may not think he's a racist because you actually have some background on him, but most of the people only know him as the Saints QB. Thousands of protesters were in the streets chanting "F*** Drew Brees".

You have 0 idea what he meant by that tweet. He was not suggesting the military was going to come in and start shooting looters.

Additionally, I'm guessing 95% of America had never heard that phrase, or at least remember when that phrase was originally said. He said shootings would start to happen if looting kept up. Shootings happened on all sides.
I disagree otherwise, however for the sake of argument that is not what he meant. Because of the historical references, those statements by racist mayors and police chief should not be said, certainly by a sitting president. Again, that is from listening to right wing talk radio and network personalities that does the president no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT