ADVERTISEMENT

R's, Ind's & Libertarians -- who is your lead person Pre-Debate?

Because it is the way our country was founded. Give me a legit reason not to? Do a lot more thinking about it than you usually do before you post because you obviously have limited skills in understanding the United States beyond I am opressed by something, that you cry daily. Go for it man! We are all anxiously awaiting your 3rd grade take on this.
Many of the Founding Fathers were leery of big centralized government and were all questioning how big was too big. They wanted more power in the hands of the people and wanted more power by the states and that is why those things not in the constitution belong to the states. In order to sign I think it was 8 or so states that would only sign on "if" they could secede when it was not helping the state they represented. In the war of 1812, long before the Civil War I think it was New York that almost seceded then. They had a house that was determined by popular vote to be closer to the people. Then the senate before the 17th was the appointee chosen by each district to represent the state. Before the 17th it was NOT a popular vote, but was much closer to the goals of the electoral college in that all the segments of urban/rural were to be represented...not just the major oxygen starved population in the cities as @SIBoiler2 stated. So now the House has major influence by the urban areas and the senate was compromised to cater to urban areas due to the popular vote as well and so now, those with an eye to see can see, even without cheating, the extra influence of the urban areas by not only the house, but the senate. If that wasn't enough you now hear of packing the courts and getting rid of the electoral college as though the 100% control still has a way to go.

Many suffering from neurosis living amongst us wanting to control every aspect they don't like...

He has great ideas, like pumping up a failed alzheimers drug to defraud patients and investors while making millions.
Don't know the details you're referring to. He's produced many drugs that have actually helped cancer patients as well as rare diseases that everyone else ignored because there wasn't as much profit to be made there.

States do fine without any sort of Electoral College. Most have metro areas and no problems reaching the rural areas.
Talk about uninformed. IL could use an Electoral College. In a normal governors race all of the counties but two or three vote for a Republican. Chitcago and E St Louis vote enough Democrat to dominate the election. Talk about not reaching the rural areas. Spoken like a true Democrat Comrade from da Region.

States do fine without any sort of Electoral College. Most have metro areas and no problems reaching the rural areas.
So you probably haven't heard that 3 States now have movements by large rural areas to secede and either form a new State or join another (CA, CO, OR) because of urban progressive domination. I would poke fun at my contact in the Oregon State Government, and now she is saying people are starting to think this might happen and people better wise up. This has all come about because policies from the population of Portland have been shoved down the throats of the eastern side. You want to take gun rights away from a rancher? Shove gender ideology and sex education on 1st graders on Mormons in a town of 500? Well time to join Idaho.

Talk about uninformed. IL could use an Electoral College. In a normal governors race all of the counties but two or three vote for a Republican. Chitcago and E St Louis vote enough Democrat to dominate the election. Talk about not reaching the rural areas. Spoken like a true Democrat Comrade from da Region.
I believe JB Jelly Belly lost all but Cook, Sangamon, and maybe St. Clair when he beat Rauner so it was like 99-3.

Why do we need elections at all? You seriously come across with the mentality of a 3rd grader. I don't like a law so why do we need it? Why do we have speed limits?
Why do we need elections at all was a good one. Made my day! 🤣

Reactions: herrli
That's not what it does at all.

Showing your lack of understanding. Or perhaps drunk posting....given how wrong you are below.....

And presidential candidates don't ****ing campaign in Indiana, dude.

That is just wrong. For example....

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYDOG
Maybe, maybe not. They DO campaign in a lot of areas that they wouldn't if there wasn't an electoral college. That's just a fact.
No they don't. The electoral college is why they spend most of their time purely in swing states. That's why Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin and Georgia get 90% of their attention.

If you're trying to think of the thing that equalizes states' representation in spite of their size, that's called the US Senate.

Showing your lack of understanding. Or perhaps drunk posting....given how wrong you are below.....

That is just wrong. For example....

Damn bro, three whole campaign stops over the course of several years? You sure showed me.

Damn bro, three whole campaign stops over the course of several years? You sure showed me.

Drunk again?

There lots more on the web. I figured 3 would be enough to embarrass someone who said....

"presidential candidates don't ****ing campaign in Indiana, dude."

But I
guess if you are either still drunk or perhaps lack the intelligence to know how you just got your stupidity slapped down. With the many examples of your crazy wrong posts on here, I thinking the latter.

Drunk again?

There lots more on the web. I figured 3 would be enough to embarrass someone who said....

"presidential candidates don't ****ing campaign in Indiana, dude."

But I
guess if you are either still drunk or perhaps lack the intelligence to know how you just got your stupidity slapped down. With the many examples of your crazy wrong posts on here, I thinking the latter.
Ok, now compare them to literally any swing state. You can huff and puff all you want, but it doesn't make you more right.

• Haha
Reactions: herrli
You call me dumb for a legit and honest stance on a topic without saying why we need the Electoral College. So why do we need the Electoral College in 2023?
This coming from the party that thinks abortion should be available because it’s been available for 50 yrs. (Why wasn’t abortion available from 1776-1973??)

But Electoral College. That shit needs to dropped immediately

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Take a short break from the emotional Ds on here.......

I thought the Independents, Libertarians and the Reps might discuss their lead person Pre-Debate. We can hit this again post debate. And why....

Mine as of now Ramaswamy....
1. His 10 truths.
2. It appears his communication ability rises way above Trump & DeSantis.
3. As part of his 10 truths he wants to gut agencies....this is high on my list.
4. Smart, young businessman who is not a politician who would appeal to young voters.

Others in order....
Scott could still pursaude me. Love his optimism. He brings people together and has a broad appeal.

Like DeSantis alot as a proven leader who also wants to gut agencies, but his communication ability and overall likability is a concern. Of the 3, he seems to have a lot of rich cats, big money backing him, but not alot of small donors.

Christie.

He is hte most willing to actually call out Trump for what he is. The rest are cowards.

Christie.

He is hte most willing to actually call out Trump for what he is. The rest are cowards.
Help me understand. Roughly half of GOP voters support Trump and candidates are looking for GOP voters support. How does calling out Trump help accomplish the end goal?

And, while a majority of America may be OK with that approach, 48% of America is not going to be voting for the GOP in the general election no matter who the GOP candidate is. It may get Christie or any of the other candidates coverage by mainstream media, that’s not the audience who’s going to vote for the GOP candidate in 2024.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Help me understand. Roughly half of GOP voters support Trump and candidates are looking for GOP voters support. How does calling out Trump help accomplish the end goal?

And, while a majority of America may be OK with that approach, 48% of America is not going to be voting for the GOP in the general election no matter who the GOP candidate is. It may get Christie or any of the other candidates coverage by mainstream media, that’s not the audience who’s going to vote for the GOP candidate in 2024.
However 2/3 of Trump voters are “open” to other candidates. And the vast majority of of non-Trump primary voters do not list Trump as the second choice. I listened to a long interview with Washington Examiner writer Salena Zito - (Not an anti-Trumper) and she has been in Iowa. She said Trump has only dropped in and stayed a few minutes at events. He is running like an anointed candidate (hmm HRC). Desantis (and others) have been doing small groups. Meeting w/people who will caucus. Also it rubbed organizers the wrong way when DT brought in the FL crew to the fair and especially when he dumped on Gov Reynolds - a conservative hero. Seriously, dumping on Reynolds’s? He has basically zero Iowa endorsements and she noted that his campaign in Iowa is surprisingly disorganized. Remember how Iowa works. You need reps to whip votes in person. If Iowa turns it will be a nod to the soft Trump voter that it’s ok to look elsewhere. And NH also has the same polling internals with “soft Trump.” Again Zito is a straight shooter.

Ask yourself. Why does the left wing media keep saying Trump is a no doubt the winner? Because they want him to win. If you think the media lies to you and is biased it’s probably a good thing to ask, “why do they say Trump can’t be beat?”

Last edited:
  • Love
However 2/3 of Trump voters are “open” to other candidates. .... He is running like an anointed candidate (hmm HRC).

People know they are trying to take away their top choice - Trump.

far from anointed,
he is the only candidate campaigning while having the weight of the entire government trying to throw him into a cage.

Last edited:
The only reason Christie is doing that is because he has beef with Trump. The rest are being realistic.
No. Christie, Romney, Hurd. Cheney, and just a few others aren’t part of the MAGA cult called Chumptown. Anybody that buys any of those stupid Chump mugshot t-shirts have some very serious mental issues and need intervention.

• Haha
No. Christie, Romney, Hurd. Cheney, and just a few others aren’t part of the MAGA cult called Chumptown. Anybody that buys any of those stupid Chump mugshot t-shirts have some very serious mental issues and need intervention.

It could also be said that....any voter that makes up silly nicknames for a political opponent, and calls all 75 million voters of a candidate a cult.....has serious mental issues.....but I sure won't say it. Nope, sure won't.

Last edited:
People know they are trying to take away their top choice - Trump.

far from anointed,
he is the only candidate campaigning while having the weight of the entire government trying to throw him into a cage.
He is running as he is anointed. He has on multiple occasions said everyone should drop out. He has barely campaigned in Iowa. He has put little into establishing an organization in Iowa. And of course he declined to participate in the debates. Biden polls higher in his primary yet Rs bash him for not debating (as an incumbent).

You can believe he is being unjustly prosecuted and yet believe he is not the best candidate to defeat Biden. The man called Rep. Massie (KY) and Chip Roy (TX) RINOs for endorsing other candidates. These 2 are the most conservative principles Reps in the House. Massie especially on spending.

• Love
FYI. Cheney was losing WY before she came out against Trump. That was Kinzinger CYA. Cheney pissed off WY voters on gun rights and being soft on water and land issues. She was never really a “Wyomian” She rode Daddy’s rep and was Uber funded so that nobody would oppose. So great narrative by the media but I have contacts w/in Wyoming government and nobody mentions the Trump stuff. They mention that she lost connection with who she represented. Gun owning conservative frontier people.

Ask yourself. Why does the left wing media keep saying Trump is a no doubt the winner? Because they want him to win. If you think the media lies to you and is biased it’s probably a good thing to ask, “why do they say Trump can’t be beat?”
It’s laughable that you think that MSM wants Trump to win. They want him impeached, indicted, prosecuted….name your fate.

The reason MSM has anointed Trump is because 74MM people voted for him in the last election. Trump has a successful economic track record (Biden’s best failure) and people still show up in droves to support him.

MSM doesn’t want Trump to win. Send Chuck Todd an email and ask who his favorite GOP candidate is. It would Christie or someone similar, certainly not Trump. (MSM may like Asa Hutchinson piling on Trump, but MSM doesn’t want Hutchinson to win the GOP candidacy…because he is very conservative)

Below is an excerpt from aWaPo article….

Really going after Trump on this stuff obviously isn’t fun, and every candidate will prefer to leave that to the likes of Christie. But at some point, maybe everyone recognizes that the existing approach isn’t working? The problem, of course, is that going down that road might lead not just to losing in 2024, but also to torpedoing your whole career. (Previous ranking: 1)

It’s laughable that you think that MSM wants Trump to win. They want him impeached, indicted, prosecuted….name your fate.

The reason MSM has anointed Trump is because 74MM people voted for him in the last election. Trump has a successful economic track record (Biden’s best failure) and people still show up in droves to support him.

MSM doesn’t want Trump to win. Send Chuck Todd an email and ask who his favorite GOP candidate is. It would Christie or someone similar, certainly not Trump. (MSM may like Asa Hutchinson piling on Trump, but MSM doesn’t want Hutchinson to win the GOP candidacy…because he is very conservative)

Really going after Trump on this stuff obviously isn’t fun, and every candidate will prefer to leave that to the likes of Christie. But at some point, maybe everyone recognizes that the existing approach isn’t working? The problem, of course, is that going down that road might lead not just to losing in 2024, but also to torpedoing your whole career. (Previous ranking: 1)
So you think the MSM would rather run a Biden/Harris ticket against a combination on Desantis/Haley/Scott/Noem/Youngkin? Sure Trump had great success but 53% of registered voters will never vote for him. If you think different please see 2016 Morning Joe.

Why am I right? The DNC spent over 50 million during the 2022 primary cycle on REPUBLICAN candidates. All Trump-endorsed (NH, AZ, PA). All lost (maybe Lombardo in NV is an outlier but Trump really didn’t rally for him). Because if you put Trump on the ballot you lose. The scorecard is bad.

As an FYI if you listen to journalistic insiders like Zito she will report that a lot of the negative items on Desantis have been Trump Com Shop driven. Wow? There are people in the MSM taking hit pieces from the worst man in the world? Think it’s untrue? Why don’t you marry up Trump’s comments on Desantis and Disney with MSM articles. Or his “Cuomo was better than Desantis on Covid.” Nothing is unplanned or unorchestrated.

Last edited:

True but he had even more vote not for Biden.....but against Trump. Likely will vote against him again. HATE is an extremely strong motivator. At least that is what the Dem-Legal-Media conglomerate is hoping for. Earlier I thought they were correct....easy Trump loss. Now it's a toss up..... because Biden has been one of the worst Presidents in history for the poor& middle class.

True but he had even more vote not for Biden.....but against Trump. Likely will vote against him again. HATE is an extremely strong motivator. At least that is what the Dem-Legal-Media conglomerate is hoping for. Earlier I thought they were correct....easy Trump loss. Now it's a toss up..... because Biden has been one of the worst Presidents in history for the poor& middle class.
It is because of what you say that people better wise up. Ben Shapiro has had some great commentary on this. Trump drives D turnout more than R turnout. For Trump backers your guy single handedly gave away the Senate. I watched the NH debate. My god . That state was a gift. An underwater D incumbent. You had a guy who was endorsed by a very popular Gov (Sununu). And you picked the crazy guy heavily funded by the DNC. Who oddly the media laid low on UNTIL he won the primary. Then it was Trump/endorsed election conspiracy. And the dude lost. Now 6 more years of a Dem roll call vote. What’s the definition of insanity?

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. After Chump lost the 2020 election, if the repubs would have properly put him out to pasture along with the MAGA cult crazies and forgotten about. Then put out non-MAGA candidates in the primaries, winning the presidency in 2024 would have been easy. If the current crop of repub presidential candidates were really serious about being president they should be really taking advantage of Chump’s criminal situation and condemn what he has done. Other than Christie and perhaps Pence have condemned him a little. But not totally.

So you think the MSM would rather run a Biden/Harris ticket against a combination on Desantis/Haley/Scott/Noem/Youngkin? Sure Trump had great success but 53% of registered voters will never vote for him. If you think different please see 2016 Morning Joe.
We don't live in a vacuum. First of all, way more than enough people said they would have voted for Trump for Trump to have won if they knew about the Hunter laptop story. Second, we have Joe's record now, and it's awful. I think people with a need for a good economy will vote for anyone other than Biden.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. After Chump lost the 2020 election, if the repubs would have properly put him out to pasture along with the MAGA cult crazies and forgotten about. Then put out non-MAGA candidates in the primaries, winning the presidency in 2024 would have been easy. If the current crop of repub presidential candidates were really serious about being president they should be really taking advantage of Chump’s criminal situation and condemn what he has done. Other than Christie and perhaps Pence have condemned him a little. But not totally.
Again. You miss it. The Rs ran non-Trump candidates. The DNC put over 50 million into getting the MAGA Rs over the primary hump. In NH they damn near funded his entire primary campaign and he won with less than 40% of the vote. Why? Because they couldn’t beat the better R candidates. Kinda sad huh? Your party’s position and record sucks so bad that you have to spend 50 million plus to run against fringe candidates to win.

We don't live in a vacuum. First of all, way more than enough people said they would have voted for Trump for Trump to have won if they knew about the Hunter laptop story. Second, we have Joe's record now, and it's awful. I think people with a need for a good economy will vote for anyone other than Biden.
Yes. The laptop was a subversion of the population’s rights to know all information about a candidate. Hell of a lot more damaging than a couple thousand dollars in Russian bots on FB. But you and I agreeing doesn’t change reality.

And it doesn’t change the fact that he failed to carry his candidate over the hump in almost all general elections. The internals are what they are. Huge unfavorables. Larger than Biden. It’s crazy looking at the accomplishments and failures of both administrations. But that’s the numbers. Rs won in places in NY and CA they shouldn’t have and they did so on conservative principles. And w/o Trump. People believe and want what Rs are supporting. That should be a freaking beacon. Don’t step on your own dick.

It also doesn’t change the fact that he is extremely disorganized in Iowa and he is no longer on the ground and retail. Frankly he has gotten lazy. If he wasn’t, he wouldnt have to go scorched earth on prominent conservatives like Reynolds, Roy, and Massie. Nor run BS super pac ads lying about Desantis and shop the opo research to left wing media outlets. He would be at a debate discussing his record and his plan for the future.

Appreciate and understand why you do not like DeSantis. His kind of vision, strength and leadership at the same time scares Ds, as you illustrated, and is admired R voters. Your view of him validated him as a strong leader to Reps & Ind's here. Thanks!
Vision? His vision is to take the MAGA hard line position on every cultural, social, and controversial issue that comes up. Just like trump. He knows getting you pissed of and worked about those issues makes you like him.

He’s clearly uncomfortable in public. Stiff and awkward. His campaign has been a disaster. He has been hemorrhaging cash. His plan seems to be to out trump trump, moving farther to the right.

The perfect example of his core beliefs……..when the candidates were asked if they would support trump if he were the nominee, he looked left, then right, then left again before raising his hand. He had to check the room before deciding what to do. One would think the question should have been expected and the number two guy would be sure of his position.

His vision also includes using lethal force to stop suspected drug smugglers and sending the military into a sovereign country. Never mind that the vast majority of drugs come across at the ports of entry and not on individuals.

How can you tell someone is carrying drugs anyway? Apparently is doesn’t matter to Ron. Just shoot ‘em.

There was no mail in fiasco and there never was.

BYF.gif

• Haha

Why am I right? The DNC spent over 50 million during the 2022 primary cycle on REPUBLICAN candidates. All Trump-endorsed (NH, AZ, PA). All lost (maybe Lombardo in NV is an outlier but Trump really didn’t rally for him). Because if you put Trump on the ballot you lose. The scorecard is bad.

As an FYI if you listen to journalistic insiders like Zito she will report that a lot of the negative items on Desantis have been Trump Com Shop driven. Wow? There are people in the MSM taking hit pieces from the worst man in the world? Think it’s untrue? Why don’t you marry up Trump’s comments on Desantis and Disney with MSM articles. Or his “Cuomo was better than Desantis on Covid.” Nothing is unplanned or unorchestrated.
RE Morning Joe. I’d like a less biased opinion than Morning Joe.

Biden’s problem is economy, crime and inflation. If you think voters aren’t pissed about the performance of the Biden administration, you’re wrong. And the economy isn’t going to get any better in the next 12 months.

As for Trump negative press plants, I don’t disagree. But Biden writes MSMs news every night. Heck, Chuck Todd is essentially the WH press secretary.

RE Morning Joe. I’d like a less biased opinion than Morning Joe.

Biden’s problem is economy, crime and inflation. If you think voters aren’t pissed about the performance of the Biden administration, you’re wrong. And the economy isn’t going to get any better in the next 12 months.

As for Trump negative press plants, I don’t disagree. But Biden writes MSMs news every night. Heck, Chuck Todd is essentially the WH press secretary.
In 2016 Trump was calling into Morning Joe every morning? Why? Because they were normalizing him and wanted him to be the candidate. You don’t remember this? You do know the DNC spent 50 million plus on “MAGA” candidates? You do realize the cross pollination between the Democratic Party and the MSM right? Should we go through the name of former Biden and Obama official in the media or married to a media member?

So if. you believe this above to be true, but you think that they are playing it straight when it comes to analysis on the R primary? That they are not taking lead from D strategists who show data has Trump is the easiest opponent? Sure Trump could win but the data says for Biden/Harris he is a lot easier opponent. It’s probably 50/50 and he lost

And it probably isn’t a guarantee that Biden is the nominee. Now how do you feel about an aged maligned candidate going up against Kid Wonder (despite what a failure GN is)? Now the Biden record is off the table. Yeah it was bad and people were angry in 2022 and Trump/linked candidates lost in every swing State.

Are you about a man or a movement?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT