ADVERTISEMENT

R's, Ind's & Libertarians -- who is your lead person Pre-Debate?

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
Take a short break from the emotional Ds on here.......

I thought the Independents, Libertarians and the Reps might discuss their lead person Pre-Debate. We can hit this again post debate. And why....

Mine as of now Ramaswamy....
1. His 10 truths.
2. It appears his communication ability rises way above Trump & DeSantis.
3. As part of his 10 truths he wants to gut agencies....this is high on my list.
4. Smart, young businessman who is not a politician who would appeal to young voters.

Others in order....
Scott could still pursaude me. Love his optimism. He brings people together and has a broad appeal.

Like DeSantis alot as a proven leader who also wants to gut agencies, but his communication ability and overall likability is a concern. Of the 3, he seems to have a lot of rich cats, big money backing him, but not alot of small donors.

Last edited:
#1 Donald J. Trump

The Rama guy could maybe be his running mate.

You think DJT is electable then. (I see it as 50-50 & least electable R).....thus, 2 questions....

1. Why do you think it will be different result than his last loss vs Biden?

2nd question....in the last election Trump lost the Senate & nearly lost the House, why do you see that not happening again??

Last edited:
You think DJT is electable then. (I see it as 50-50 & least electable R).....thus, 2 questions....

2nd question....in the last election Trump lost the Senate & nearly lost the House, why do you see that not happening again??
I've seen people say Trump's easy to beat, but he had 75 million votes last time. If most of the voting issues are resolved he wins easily.

• Haha
Reactions: rezzerfly
I've seen people say Trump's easy to beat, but he had 75 million votes last time. If most of the voting issues are resolved he wins easily.

That certainly is a good point. What I thought Bbiker would say. That's why I say it's 50-50. As he still needs to win key states.

One thing with Trump, wouldn't it be just awesome fun to see libs heads explode those 4 years.......or at least until they JFK him (jk). Not just 4 years as you can see, 2 years after his term, wack job emotional girls still having hissy fits. LOL

Reactions: Boilermaker03
With debate going on.....
Pence is a joke & I am developing a great dislike for Pence.

This is whole debate is not coming off well....they all are lowering their watchability by having too many on stage. Fox is doing a terrible job managing these so called "politicians".....but just too many up there. Needed to mute mics.

DeSantis looking like a leader. He did very well. Scott, Haley & Burghum also did well, but the infighting Fox allowed got in the way of their message at times.

I did not like the mannerism of VR my Pre-Debate favorite. He has some good ideas, but at times, just looks young and inexperienced up there. He did give an outstanding answer on eduction that was very impressive......that I think all parents would like. Still a lot of possibilities with him....just not sure yet.

Last edited:
The delusion runs strong in this thread. I'd say the candidates outside of DeSantis and that weirdo Vivek all had a few good points here and there. Scott was just kinda there. He wanted to get in on DeSantis' past remarks about blacks gaining trade skills from being slaves but they didn't give it to him.

I'll never agree with any of these candidates on the social issues 100% but at least some of them are sane. I liked that Burgum ain't having federalized abortion bans.

Horrible debate moderated by Faux News. They’ve done much better in the past. DeSantis did horrible as I expected. Pence and Christie did well as I expected. Scott was a no show. Haley held her own. The Swamy is irritating.

• Haha
Reactions: herrli
I disagree to an extent. I figured most of the show was going to be who's the biggest anti-woke candidate.

Haley was the best tonight. Reasonable and pragmatic on abortion, strong arguments on Ukraine, and told the truth about trump.

Did have a nice line about women. I was impressed with her that she told the truth about R & D spending. Her line that Trump was the most unpopular politician to the public, while very true......was delivered poorly and was sadly ineffective. Her pragmatic view on abortion came over well. Understand why she appealed to you, a Trump hater because she attacked Trump and Trumps spending. We will see if America liked her? As an independent I liked her alot!

Last edited:
Reactions: herrli
Horrible debate moderated by Faux News. They’ve done much better in the past. DeSantis did horrible as I expected. Pence and Christie did well as I expected. Scott was a no show. Haley held her own. The Swamy is irritating.

Agree. How Fox managed it lowered watchability. Should have had mics that went dead when time was up.

Agree - at times VR, mannerisms were very irritating. Other times like his education answer and close were powerful. As an independent, I liked him alot at times other times, he grated on my nerves.

Agree - Haley's comments appealed to alot of independents. Pragmatic, strong leader. Too bad her line about Trump being unpopular was not expanded on in a more palatable way. Hope she hits this hard in the future as she likes Trump, but tells the truth on him.

Disagree - DeSantis was strong & looked & sounded like a leader, had great sound bites. The fact you did not like him - that is a great sign!

Last edited:
I learned that Nikki Haley is a women and Pence believes in God.

Lol. Yes it's early. Alot will change. Pence does he believe in God.....or think he is God?? Lol.

Niki Haley's answers, telling the truth and pragmatic approach appealed to this independent.

With debate going on.....
Pence is a joke & I am developing a great dislike for Pence.

This is whole debate is not coming off well....they all are lowering their watchability by having too many on stage. Fox is doing a terrible job managing these so called "politicians".....but just too many up there. Needed to mute mics.

DeSantis looking like a leader. He did very well. Scott, Haley & Bergham also did well, but the infighting Fox allowed got in the way of their message at times.

I did not like the mannerism of VR my Pre-Debate favorite. He has some good ideas, but at times, just looks young and inexperienced up there. He did give an outstanding answer on eduction that was very impressive......that I think all parents would like. Still a lot of possibilities with him....just not sure yet.
Well Vivek IS young and inexperienced. I think that was to be expected. I still love his ideas. That's what matters most to me.

Reactions: SKYDOG and tjreese
Vivek has the best ideas by far. I haven't watched the debate yet, but I've listened to him talk a lot and have very little I don't like on what he'd do.

Reactions: SKYDOG

the mere thought of anyone running against Biden potentially losing shows how far teh mindset of some have no mind. Nobody really wanted Biden in the democrat primaries and with his too numerous to count without a calculator failures he should be even less desired. What would compel anyone to vote for Biden...the media?

Reactions: Boilermaker03
the mere thought of anyone running against Biden potentially losing shows how far teh mindset of some have no mind. Nobody really wanted Biden in the democrat primaries and with his too numerous to count without a calculator failures he should be even less desired. What would compel anyone to vote for Biden...the media?

The Trump hate is strong. Haley said it best, he is the most unpopular politician in America, and that hate also drives people to vote....at least did when T lost.

Luckily for Trump, if he continues, he would be running against Biden, not only is Biden corrupt, but now America also knows what a bad job he does.....no hiding from that now.

Of course you like him. the Swamy is nothing more than a Chump wanna be.

So I guess he is a Racist and a White Supremacist too then, in that mind of yours. Aren't they all racists & WS though, especially Scott....... LOL

The fact you call him a Trump wanna be just raised his stature with all non Dems on the board..... A likable, more fiscally responsible "Trump", yea, many could get behind that.

Agree. How Fox managed it lowered watchability. Should have had mics that went dead when time was up.

Agree - at times VR, mannerisms were very irritating. Other times like his education answer and close were powerful. As an independent, I liked him alot at times other times, he grated on my nerves.

Agree - Haley's comments appealed to alot of independents. Pragmatic, strong leader. Too bad her line about Trump being unpopular was not expanded on in a more palatable way. Hope she hits this hard in the future as she likes Trump, but tells the truth on him.

Disagree - DeSantis was strong & looked & sounded like a leader, had great sound bites. The fact you did not like him - that is a great sign!
DeSantis dodged like 4 questions, even after the moderators pushed him again to answer. He spent the rest of his time taking hardline positions on hot button Republican issues.

How many times in the thread are you going to repeat you’re an independent? Are you trying to convince yourself?

Reactions: rezzerfly
DeSantis dodged like 4 questions, even after the moderators pushed him again to answer. He spent the rest of his time taking hardline positions on hot button Republican issues.

How many times in the thread are you going to repeat you’re an independent? Are you trying to convince yourself?

Appreciate and understand why you do not like DeSantis. His kind of vision, strength and leadership at the same time scares Ds, as you illustrated, and is admired R voters. Your view of him validated him as a strong leader to Reps & Ind's here. Thanks!

Appreciate and understand why you do not like DeSantis. His kind of vision, strength and leadership at the same time scares Ds, as you illustrated, and is admired R voters. Your view of him validated him as a strong leader to Reps & Ind's here. Thanks!
DeSantis is another Chump wanna be. I keep saying that the best chance to restore the republicans to respectability and possibly win the popular vote since 2004 is a ticket consisting of any 2 combination of Pence/Christie/Haley/Cheney. If Haley does not make the cut, then she will be next Sec of State. She seems to be good at foreign policy. Most Americans are not going to go through another 4 year train wreck of Chump.

I like Haley. She's more centered and measured and consistent. Rama seems like a narcissist.

I do too. Haley just seems like able AND reasonable. I know she is sold out to America military complex though. I can live with that, but don't like it. I am very curious about her on how strong she would be on border. Her domestic policy? Want to know how she would fix inflation.....which is key.

I am open minded on VR....as his ideas are great. But yes, his mannerisms did grate on my nerves at a time or two.

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
DeSantis is another Chump wanna be. I keep saying that the best chance to restore the republicans to respectability and possibly win the popular vote since 2004 is a ticket consisting of any 2 combination of Pence/Christie/Haley/Cheney. If Haley does not make the cut, then she will be next Sec of State. She seems to be good at foreign policy. Most Americans are not going to go through another 4 year train wreck of Chump.

Pence, Christie and Cheney? I bet Haley sure wouldn't like being mentioned with any of those 3.

Everytime you & other Dems & the media talk down Desantis, gives him that much more credibility in the R field. Keep it up.

I do too. Haley just seems like able AND reasonable. I know she is sold out to America military complex though. I can live with that, but don't like it. I am very curious about her on how strong she would be on border. Her domestic policy? Want to know how she would fix inflation.....which is key.

I am open minded on VR....as his ideas are great. But yes, his mannerisms did grate on my nerves at a time or two.
Don't worry. The candidate I like never wins the R nomination. I probably cursed her by posting.

• Haha
Reactions: Boiler Buck
Don't worry. The candidate I like never wins the R nomination. I probably cursed her by posting.

Me neither. I think I had 2-3 non Trump guys I liked in his first election....never got going. We will see? Alot to learn about all the non D candidates. It's early.

Right now could live with DeSantis, Haley VR, Scott and even Burgum. Only ones I can't back are T, Pence & Christie....would in a general against Biden though. Biden has cost me thousand$$.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Pence, Christie and Cheney? I bet Haley sure wouldn't like being mentioned with any of those 3.

Everytime you & other Dems & the media talk down Desantis, gives him that much more credibility in the R field. Keep it up.
What's wrong with Christie, Pence, or Cheney? Too much anti-MAGA cult? That's why the repubs won't win in 2024 if they can't cut loose Chump. If Chump does win, he will only win the Electoral College like in 2016. Which obviously ill be good enough.

Fox even got busted trying to plant a fake (deep state) Desantis voter on their panel

Martha-MacCallum-Ron-DeSantis-Wisconsin-Chris-Lawrence-768x463_jpg.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT