ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue WBB vs. Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael, you said losing by three was embarassing, Now you are adding more qualifications.

Both teams shot horribly, I agree.
What I said was "That is just an all around embarrassing final score" That is a junior high final score, not a pair of P5 D1 college programs. I stand by EXACTLY what I said. I DID NOT EXPLICITLY state losing by 3 was the embarrassing part, it was the fact that for the second time in 4 games we could not get to 50 and the winning team only got 52. That is a score C. Viv might even find embarrassing for her Rutgers teams.

I’m a little weary of the bickering on some of the recent threads, but having said that, the above statement by MichaelRR is correct. He did not say anything about losing by 3. That 52-49 is a horrible score for 2 D-1 teams, is spot on. Ugly.

I’m a little weary of the bickering on some of the recent threads, but having said that, the above statement by MichaelRR is correct. He did not say anything about losing by 3. That 52-49 is a horrible score for 2 D-1 teams, is spot on. Ugly.
I too am tired of the bickering. But this is what Michael said "Ellis missed at the buzzer, we go down 52-49. That is just an all around embarrassing final score."

To me the implication certainly is that we should be embarrassed by losing by three. I am not embarrassed at all by having a game where both teams struggle to score around 50 pts. All I care about is "Did they play hard?"

In my opinion, they did. If Michael is embarassed by their effort, as I said before "OK, then"

But I won't say any more about it because arguing with Michael is never-ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ Ford
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT