ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue WBB vs. Texas A&M THREAD

Obviously it’s difficult to predict a freshman going off for 20 pts in her 3rd collegiate game and also how much a key vet will be able to contribute coming off an injury - so these little early season prediction contests a poster on this board is (desperately?) trying to use to gain intellectual superiority (that they have yet to ever do?? 😂 ) is super silly.

Well, since you have spoken and your word is law oh great poohbah, I guess I will quit those. I thought having something to discuss pre-game might be amusing, but no one is brave enough to take a guess and now that you are going to publicly deride them, they will be even less likely to post. So congrats, you have once again killed open discussions on the forum just so you can slap your metaphorical dick in everyone's face and bully the board like an out of control narcissist.

I said she is not consistent and some games she disappeared and Learn and Woltman outplayed her by a pretty significant margin. The facts bear that out. If she can be a double digit scorer and get 5 or more rebounds a game this year she will be VASTLY improved and it will go a long way to getting us to 18+ wins.
Agree. She’s an average post player. Not really seeing anything different than last year. Unsure what her focus/goals were during off season. Working on lateral movements and quickness could have thrust her into a different post category of talent. Consistency is an issue for several, but the season is early. Fan of Ellis’ energy. It seemed she played best with Madison on the bench, which has happened quite a bit historically. Ellis chooses to step up as a veteran should. She accepts that responsibility whereas others find a way to avoid it. She plays more free. She brings the energy her teammates need. It’s obvious her team likes playing with her. Her energy & communication is what makes her a leader. Like her game!

The VERY low turnovers of only 6 halfway through the 3rd makes up for getting killed on the boards and the fact A&M is finding the rim to be the size of a tea cup. Ellis is killing A&M in the 3rd with 12 points in 6 minutes. Jones is playing MUCH better this game as well.
Impressed with Jones and MA. Best freshmen hands down. Like that they don’t play safe to protect their stat lines. Play hard every single game. Granted at times out of control but they are freshmen. That will subside with experience. They are aggressive & confident. MA has a huge upside as well. Typical freshman learning curve of needing to learn how to control her body/physicality but she’s going to be good. Jones will work her way into a starting position at some point as well. CKG loves energy. Some have it. Some don’t. Be interesting how things shake out with these two young freshman challenging these veterans. Those two are pretty hungry and it shows. Still no Mila. Putting Harper Jr. in before her was telling.

Reactions: MichaelRR
Impressed with Jones and MA. Best freshmen hands down. Like that they don’t play safe to protect their stat lines. Play hard every single game. Granted at times out of control but they are freshmen. That will subside with experience. They are aggressive & confident. MA has a huge upside as well. Typical freshman learning curve of needing to learn how to control her body/physicality but she’s going to be good. Jones will work her way into a starting position at some point as well. CKG loves energy. Some have it. Some don’t. Be interesting how things shake out with these two young freshman challenging these veterans. Those two are pretty hungry and it shows. Still no Mila. Putting Harper Jr. in before her was telling.
Not all players grow out of playing out of control and learn consistently. KK Houser and Jayla Smith are examples of that.

I’m starting to get the impression that you are a made up entity by Michael so that he finally has someone on this board to agree with his ridiculous takes.

Harper is a good post player who has proved her worth time and time again against good competition. I have listed several big time games where she has really helped us Get the W.

Are their teams she isn’t the greatest matchup with, particularly a small quick team like a Southern - sure. Be she still had 11/7 and we don’t win that game without her. We aren’t 2-1 without Harper. We would be in world of hurt without her.

• Haha
Reactions: MichaelRR
I’m starting to get the impression that you are a made up entity by Michael so that he finally has someone on this board to agree with his ridiculous takes.

Harper is a good post player who has proved her worth time and time again against good competition. I have listed several big time games where she has really helped us Get the W.

Are their teams she isn’t the greatest matchup with, particularly a small quick team like a Southern - sure. Be she still had 11/7 and we don’t win that game without her. We aren’t 2-1 without Harper. We would be in world of hurt without her.
You just cannot fathom that more than one person disagrees with you? You really are a classic narcissist aren't you?

What is wrong with you? Why be so hateful? This is a blog. People post opinions, impressions, thoughts and ideas. People disagree on various things (MichaelRR doesn’t like Smith, I do. Russ loves Madison, I think she is overrated) that doesn’t mean we quit engaging or act infantile. People have their opinions. It’s allowed. Why is it you take issue with anyone’s opinion that doesn’t fall in alignment with yours? You do know that you can read comments and continue to scroll, right? What is your goal for chastising people? If it’s to elevate yourself, it truly has the opposite effect. Do better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT