ADVERTISEMENT

Politics aside .... it’s quite a sight to see The Beast lead 43 race cars around the track

Don't be a dumb ass.

The point is that the Federal Government employs millions of people and I suspect that a fair number of them could never go to work again and no one would notice. The bureaucracy has gotten so large that we need more people to serve the bureaucracy.
I spent 22 years in the Navy and have a lot of experience dealing with GS (Government Service) employees. You spend time waiting at a counter for them to acknowledge you and perhaps even help you, only to be ignored. Meanwhile there are little clusters around various desks shooting the bull and having a good time. If that happens occasionally, that's fine. When it becomes standard operating procedure, people are too comfortable with their job security.

In reality, we need to develop a system (which should have been developed decades ago) to track people in the country on visitors Visas. It seems easy enough. They're required to physically check in at a government office (tbd) on a monthly basis. Miss the check in without a valid reason and your visa gets cancelled and out you go.

The biggest problem with immigration reform is the lack of will to do it. Trump wants to get it done, but politicians in both parties are being told to resist for political or financial reasons.
If the people don’t check in, how are you going to find them? How much effort are you willing to expend on this?

Nothing alleged about it. Trump did it. Cohen is in jail in part for what Trump directed him to do.

Great story, but where's the proof? If there was proof, Pelosi & Schiff would have impeached him for it. I still expect them to take another bite or two at the impeachment apple, before the election. I hope they go for it.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
Because your president ridiculed Obama for playing so much golf.........and then went and did the same thing himself.......even more. It points out the hypocrisy of trump and the people like you than enable him........that fully support his hypocrisy and his lies.

With you people there's two sets of rules.......one for trump and one for everybody else. You NEVER apply the same standards to trump as you do the people he attacks, that you criticize.

What's next for you? You want to shut down that site? No criticism allowed? We know Trump would go for it. Where is your line? Trump would sue every journalist who disparages him if he could........you KNOW it's true. Would you be good with that?

Trump says article 2 gives him the right to do anything he wants. Is there a blood test for this TDS you mention in every freakin post like clockwork? Maybe donald wlll mandate tests for everyone, let's get the names of the traitors out in the open. You seem to want an unchecked Trump to have free reign without any critics, you good with that?

You are becoming completely unhinged. BTW, unless you're planning to leave the country, Trump is your President, too, just like Obama was my President. I sincerely believe you that you need help coping, since you're not going to make it through 5 years, when Trump gets reelected, and he will.

Reactions: bonefish1
If the people don’t check in, how are you going to find them? How much effort are you willing to expend on this?

Why bother having any laws, when it's such a drag having to enforce them?

It's a lot easier to track down & find people now that it was 20 yrs ago. Everybody leaves an electronic footprint and there are cameras everywhere.
There's always Dog, The Bounty Hunter...LOL

You elitist bastard. Those who attend NASCAR are every bit the person you are.
You stupid f___.
YOU'RE the one who just wrote " Who cares about (Washington) D.C. " ?
My response had to do with the inference that your homies in MAGA hats @ a NASCAR event are
somehow worth "caring about", but those who might boo Trump at a Washington D.C. sporting event just aren't the kind of people worth caring about. Defend THAT.
I'm not elitist. Just what groups of people, exactly, have you noticed, on here, that I hold up as superior to others ? Purdue sports fans ? Sure.

Last edited:
Don't be a dumb ass.

The point is that the Federal Government employs millions of people and I suspect that a fair number of them could never go to work again and no one would notice. The bureaucracy has gotten so large that we need more people to serve the bureaucracy.
I spent 22 years in the Navy and have a lot of experience dealing with GS (Government Service) employees. You spend time waiting at a counter for them to acknowledge you and perhaps even help you, only to be ignored. Meanwhile there are little clusters around various desks shooting the bull and having a good time. If that happens occasionally, that's fine. When it becomes standard operating procedure, people are too comfortable with their job security.

In reality, we need to develop a system (which should have been developed decades ago) to track people in the country on visitors Visas. It seems easy enough. They're required to physically check in at a government office (tbd) on a monthly basis. Miss the check in without a valid reason and your visa gets cancelled and out you go.

The biggest problem with immigration reform is the lack of will to do it. Trump wants to get it done, but politicians in both parties are being told to resist for political or financial reasons.
Whether or not anyone would notice federal employees not showing up to work is "The point" of a conversation, here ?? WHICH post was that ? B.S. You were pondering the question of why those employees couldn't be retrained and relocated to do immigration tasks. THAT was the point you made.
Your Navy years added no particular insight into that area, it would seem.

Those that have had broad experience in this nation's immigration system will eventually be the ones
to aid in enacting comprehensive legislation, in Congress. Please spare us the suggestion that the
enormous vision of Donald Trump, in this matter, is or will be the driving force in its possible solution.
George W, Sen. Marco Rubio & others came pretty close to getting this done, if you recall. Back when there was a semblance of bipartisanship.

(Don't be a dumbass, you say ? Not a chance. But if I'm considering it, what better place to learn than from the posts of BoilerMadness, on the GBI General Discussion Forum ?)

Whether or not anyone would notice federal employees not showing up to work is "The point" of a conversation, here ?? WHICH post was that ? B.S. You were pondering the question of why those employees couldn't be retrained and relocated to do immigration tasks. THAT was the point you made.
Your Navy years added no particular insight into that area, it would seem.

Those that have had broad experience in this nation's immigration system will eventually be the ones
to aid in enacting comprehensive legislation, in Congress. Please spare us the suggestion that the
enormous vision of Donald Trump, in this matter, is or will be the driving force in its possible solution.
George W, Sen. Marco Rubio & others came pretty close to getting this done, if you recall. Back when there was a semblance of bipartisanship.

(Don't be a dumbass, you say ? Not a chance. But if I'm considering it, what better place to learn than from the posts of BoilerMadness, on the GBI General Discussion Forum ?)

You never listen.

I specifically asked you not to be a dumb ass and you ignored me.
I give up.
Since you're exceptionally good at it, go ahead and be the best Dumb Ass you can be, and I will admit that you've shown a natural talent for it.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
I really hope you can grow a few brain cells to quiet the echoes in your head. You're as simple minded as Indy35. Taking a trip to his resorts, primarily Mar a Lago, does NOT mean he necessarily played golf. Golf resorts have many things that you can do there - Lunch, Dinner, swimming and most likely just getting some rest and unwinding.

My "bogus" number of 35 came from an article in Newsweek. If you have a problem with it, contact their editors. Newsweek is hardly a Conservative publication.
I suspect your accurate number was an assumption on the part of the person that wrote that article. You want to believe he played 60 rounds of golf in the first nine months, but that doesn't make it true. He may have spent 60 days in Mar a Lago in the first nine months, but I doubt they were all on the golf course. Think about it. That's essentially 7 rounds/month. I doubt he could get off twitter long enough to do that.
Frankly, I find it hard to believe that people don't have anything more vital to do with their lives than count the number of rounds of golf that anyone plays. What purpose does it serve, other than potential "Gotcha moments" for people like you and Indy35.

BTW, did you run the calculations for the Obama's, when on multiple occasions Michelle didn't want to wait two hours for Barack to finish his meetings, so she took a separate AC to Hawaii with her Secret Service detail & entourage and then BO flew to Hawaii in AF1 two hours later. When you're that important, you don't feel concerned about wasting the taxpayer's money, when it saves you 2 hrs of your valuable time. I always wondered what she did in that 2 hrs, that was worth over $100K?
Not going to spend time trying to pound truth, on this, into your skull. Did my research - my facts are rock solid. Rock.
Before you convince yourself that only (lefties) deal in gotcha questions, and other trivialities on this board....wake the hell up. There's a list a mile long of just crap masquerading as thread material, from
the righties, here. Easy to find. Almost daily.
And the Washington Examiner's 2015 article on the First Family's separate flights to California, due to their separate schedules......was a ONE TIME deal, was it not ? If by chance it wasn't, are you prepared to go into excruciating detail about how these kinds of things could be avoided ? And whether the Trump family has similar situations ?
Why don't we just talk about something a little more serious.....say the 2,000 former DOJ staffers asking Barr to resign ?

You never listen.

I give up.
Since you're exceptionally good at it, go ahead and be the best Dumb Ass you can be, and I will admit that you've shown a natural talent for it.
The dude is off the rails , he has the most natural talent as anyone I have ever encountered

You never listen.

I give up.
I can read your pathetic excuse for message board material, fool...and then try to make sense of the part that ISN'T something a 7th-grade Special Ed. class would be ashamed of.
You've set meet, pool, and Olympic records, here, for unintelligible crap . Unfortunately, the only natural talent of yours that is on display, is your ability to do a dead-on impression of a walking encyclopedia
of misinformation.

All you need is the big red nose, and the big floppy shoes.....

I can read your pathetic excuse for message board material, fool...and then try to make sense of the part that ISN'T something a 7th-grade Special Ed. class would be ashamed of.
You've set meet, pool, and Olympic records, here, for unintelligible crap . Unfortunately, the only natural talent of yours that is on display, is your ability to do a dead-on impression of a walking encyclopedia
of misinformation.

Yet you were baffled by the roach reference. 10 year old kids understand that. I'll throw in a freebie, in case you haven't heard it before.
If there were a nuclear annihilation, the only living things on the planet would be Cockroaches and HRC making up 10 more excuses, why she lost the election.

If I had the big red nose, and the big floppy shoes, I'd probably be ahead of Bernie by 30% and the Dems would be treating me like their savior.

At least with Bloomberg in the race, they don't all have to crowd into that little clown car. Bloomie has them in a Clown Limo now. Livin large...

Great story, but where's the proof? If there was proof, Pelosi & Schiff would have impeached him for it. I still expect them to take another bite or two at the impeachment apple, before the election. I hope they go for it.
You mean Cohen’s testimony and copies of the checks Trump used to pay Cohen back? Those were released. It takes effort to be this ignorant to the issues, do you even try to be informed? Or do you think watching propaganda gives you the scoop?

You stupid f___.
YOU'RE the one who just wrote " Who cares about (Washington) D.C. " ?
My response had to do with the inference that your homies in MAGA hats @ a NASCAR event are
somehow worth "caring about", but those who might boo Trump at a Washington D.C. sporting event just aren't the kind of people worth caring about. Defend THAT.
I'm not elitist. Just what groups of people, exactly, have you noticed, on here, that I hold up as superior to others ? Purdue sports fans ? Sure.
The second nerve. Yes, you are an elitist if in no other way your condescending posts, your holier than thou attitude. And more than once you have made light of NASCAR fans as if they're a sub-species all their own. Do you also make fun of your greasy mechanic, or the less than trim waitress who brings your steak? Or of the person who wears clothes not of a high brow brand?

I'd guess you're a decent guy, but I don't think you even realize what you're doing sometimes.

Can you not see the conflict of interest of Trump using government money to stay at his own hotel?
There is no conflict except in the mind of Trump haters. Do you not believe Adam Schiff would not have been humping his office chair in excitement of another impeachment if it were illegal? You guys need to think about the falsehoods of your posts.

There is no conflict except in the mind of Trump haters. Do you not believe Adam Schiff would not have been humping his office chair in excitement of another impeachment if it were illegal? You guys need to think about the falsehoods of your posts.
That’s an astonishingly ignorant statement.

Reactions: indy35
Somehow you missed the economy from 2010 to 2016. Trump didn't turn around or jump start the economy. Trump is not some sort of god/emperor that has his hand on the switch for if the economy is good or not. Reality is once again so much different than your delusions.

Ok, just for fun, let's just say that Obama started and is responsible for the great economy and all the benefits we're receiving from it today: Would you then say that Trump has done a good/great job maintaining what Obama started?
Could Trump be doing better on the economy?
What changes, if any, should Trump be making to improve on what Obama started and is responsible for?
Or, are you happy with the way Trump is managing Obama's economy and is doing a good job?

Call it what you will.
I dont see never Trumpers making up a fictional disease for you people......in whose eyes trump doesn't lie, isn't a narcissistic child, doesn't put loyalty over country, aren't concerned he calls any critics childish names, hasn't set foreign policy back 30 years.
We don't use some default excuse for why you worship trump. The one common thread seems to be you're making money.......so you don't care about much else. How selfless of you.

Again, catch those liberal tears in a bucket and send them to me so I can add them to my swimming pool.

Who cares about the capital of the United States ?
And the 60,000+ people who attend the World Series games (and Redskin games) ??
WHO ?
Apparently not the Twinster, and his fellow-travelers who believe their homies in their MAGA hats at
NASCAR events represent the important people in the country.....

(according to veteran MSG event patrons, the booing level for DJT exceeded that for any other US Pres. in their memory)

Dont forget that Trump's approval ratings among blacks is approaching 20%, and that's 8 months before the election......

Yet you were baffled by the roach reference. 10 year old kids understand that. I'll throw in a freebie, in case you haven't heard it before.
If there were a nuclear annihilation, the only living things on the planet would be Cockroaches and HRC making up 10 more excuses, why she lost the election.

If I had the big red nose, and the big floppy shoes, I'd probably be ahead of Bernie by 30% and the Dems would be treating me like their savior.

At least with Bloomberg in the race, they don't all have to crowd into that little clown car. Bloomie has them in a Clown Limo now. Livin large...
"Baffled" ?? NOW, only by your ignorance of the origination of the roach reference: At a music industry
awards show, years ago, the joke ended in " 8 billion cockroaches and Keith Richards" (as survivors).
Sorry that none of us are adept enough at mind-reading to perceive your bastardization of a punchline.

(Bernie's a no-go in my book. ...Hillary? old news... Wouldn't waste your time trashing them for even a slight reaction from me)

Dont forget that Trump's approval ratings among blacks is approaching 20%, and that's 8 months before the election......
bone, we've visited this twice before, now: Blacks can't and won't get to 20% for Trump unless the
Grand Dragon is on the ballot for the Dems......give it a rest...

Ok, just for fun, let's just say that Obama started and is responsible for the great economy and all the benefits we're receiving from it today: Would you then say that Trump has done a good/great job maintaining what Obama started?
Could Trump be doing better on the economy?
What changes, if any, should Trump be making to improve on what Obama started and is responsible for?
Or, are you happy with the way Trump is managing Obama's economy and is doing a good job?
This is actually a good thoughtful question that attempts to cut through the bias, so I will bite. I believe that the Obama Presidency was responsible for the economic turnaround and set the course for the trend that currently exists today (as a baseline). There is plenty of debate on his tactics and whether or not he could have done more...but that is in the past.

At the same time, we can admit that what Trump has done from a deregulation and tax break standpoint has, at least for his first term, been a shot of adrenaline to the economy. Is it sustainable? I don't know...but it is not deniable it exists now.

of misinformation.

Now there you go again Dub's. Making light of Special Ed kids.

This is actually a good thoughtful question that attempts to cut through the bias, so I will bite. I believe that the Obama Presidency was responsible for the economic turnaround and set the course for the trend that currently exists today (as a baseline). There is plenty of debate on his tactics and whether or not he could have done more...but that is in the past.

At the same time, we can admit that what Trump has done from a deregulation and tax break standpoint has, at least for his first term, been a shot of adrenaline to the economy. Is it sustainable? I don't know...but it is not deniable it exists now.

So, just for clarity; you're saying that you believe Trump is doing a good job, perhaps even a great job, in terms of how the POTUS can impact the economy and markets?
Do you believe that the economy/jobs is the single largest issue when it comes to who people vote for?
Do you believe any of the Dem candidates have ideas for the economy/job market that can improve on what Obama started and Trump has accelerated?
Do you believe that higher taxes and more regulation would have a positive or negative impact?

So, just for clarity; you're saying that you believe Trump is doing a good job, perhaps even a great job, in terms of how the POTUS can impact the economy and markets?
Do you believe that the economy/jobs is the single largest issue when it comes to who people vote for?
Do you believe any of the Dem candidates have ideas for the economy/job market that can improve on what Obama started and Trump has accelerated?
Do you believe that higher taxes and more regulation would have a positive or negative impact?

Yes, I think in the short-term Trump has done a good job of taking a stable and upward trending market and launched it even higher. I can't say long-term, as the tax plan added a ton to the ever-growing deficit and debt. But that is not unique to Trump, he has only compounded that trend of an unbalanced budget.

I think going into the 2020 election economy and healthcare will be 1a and 1b. Trump can already claim the low unemployment as a win, he doesn't need to sell the public on more job creation. Bloomberg is the only D running who would potentially fall in line with Trump on economic policy and methodology...but he is not really a D in the same way Trump is not really an R. At best a more moderate D candidate will leave the current tax system alone, but maybe put back in regulations around climate change.

Higher taxes and increased regulation will have a net negative impact on the economy in the short term...no one can say long term. As an anecdote, my wife is scared when it comes to investing...she likes cash on hand despite me telling her to invest. But even I, someone who leans liberal, has said that if ANY D wins in 2020 the market will scare and the ride will probably be over for at least a little while.

Reactions: atlboiler2156
Yes, I think in the short-term Trump has done a good job of taking a stable and upward trending market and launched it even higher. I can't say long-term, as the tax plan added a ton to the ever-growing deficit and debt. But that is not unique to Trump, he has only compounded that trend of an unbalanced budget.

I think going into the 2020 election economy and healthcare will be 1a and 1b. Trump can already claim the low unemployment as a win, he doesn't need to sell the public on more job creation. Bloomberg is the only D running who would potentially fall in line with Trump on economic policy and methodology...but he is not really a D in the same way Trump is not really an R. At best a more moderate D candidate will leave the current tax system alone, but maybe put back in regulations around climate change.

Higher taxes and increased regulation will have a net negative impact on the economy in the short term...no one can say long term. As an anecdote, my wife is scared when it comes to investing...she likes cash on hand despite me telling her to invest. But even I, someone who leans liberal, has said that if ANY D wins in 2020 the market will scare and the ride will probably be over for at least a little while.

The economy was ready to explode the last 3 years of the Obama Adm.
Obama's policies held it back. Trump lifted the Obama restrictions and we see the result.
Trump also lowered corporate and individual taxes and re-negotiated some inept trade deals.
This is not complicated.

Reactions: boilerjohn
Obama's policies held it back. Trump lifted the Obama restrictions and we see the result.
Trump also lowered corporate and individual taxes and re-negotiated some inept trade deals.
This is not complicated.
Surely you must have some data showing the explosion of Trump’s economy compared to what it was when he took over. If Obama was keeping things down, I’m sure there are metrics you can point to that have shown a speed up in Trump’s tenure. Otherwise you’re just talking out of your ass like the rest of the right wingers.

Surely you must have some data showing the explosion of Trump’s economy compared to what it was when he took over. If Obama was keeping things down, I’m sure there are metrics you can point to that have shown a speed up in Trump’s tenure. Otherwise you’re just talking out of your ass like the rest of the right wingers.

I've posted charts, graphs and tables on unemployment numbers and job creation for the last 2 years.
You are on this board constantly, go back to some of these threads and educate yourself.
Or google how many individuals are currently in the work force now compared to during the Obama Adm.

In reference to your last paragraph, I agree, and from what I've read, most economists agree, that a Democrat winning the election would have a huge negative impact on the markets. Something tells me the smart people know more than Joe Public and that's why this bull market continues. Otherwise, you see a huge sell off.
As for convincing your wife about investing, put her money into something safe. My favorite of all time and where I personally have a lot of my money stashed is Fidelity Contrafund. Consistent, long term performance, not like the microcap biotech stocks we've been discussing looking for a few home runs.

I've posted charts, graphs and tables on unemployment numbers and job creation for the last 2 years.
You are on this board constantly, go back to some of these threads and educate yourself.
Or google how many individuals are currently in the work force now compared to during the Obama Adm.
Lol, no you certainly have not, because that would destroy your whole argument.

This is not complicated.
I'm sure it will be ridiculously easy to provide us with specifics as to WHICH Obama "policies" held back the US economy from "exploding" from 2014-2017. You'll need to provide cause and effect projections from some of the country's INDEPENDENT trusted economists, of what would've happened.
Thanks again, in advance.

In reference to your last paragraph, I agree, and from what I've read, most economists agree, that a Democrat winning the election would have a huge negative impact on the markets. Something tells me the smart people know more than Joe Public and that's why this bull market continues. Otherwise, you see a huge sell off.
As for convincing your wife about investing, put her money into something safe. My favorite of all time and where I personally have a lot of my money stashed is Fidelity Contrafund. Consistent, long term performance, not like the microcap biotech stocks we've been discussing looking for a few home runs.
Some of us have inexplicably MISSED reading of "most economists agree(ing) that ANY (?) Democrat
winning in 2020 would have a huge negative impact on the markets " Quote/unquote.

So when you refer us to all of your sources for these opinions......we'll be ALL SET !!
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: indy35
Some of us have inexplicably MISSED reading of "most economists agree(ing) that ANY (?) Democrat
winning in 2020 would have a huge negative impact on the markets " Quote/unquote.

So when you refer us to all of your sources for these opinions......we'll be ALL SET !!
Thanks in advance.

Here is a list. Not all were Obama overrides but you can search through the list.

uly 3: The Trump administration contested a Obama administration rule qualifying more people to get overtime pay by doubling the minimum salary a worker must make to qualify for a management exemption to $47,000. (Los Angeles Times)
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...-list-donald-trump-s-executive-orders-n720796

or
https://www.abc10.com/article/news/local/20-times-trump-overturned-obama-policies/471323077

By the way what information did you find regarding Trumps employment numbers vs Obama's?

To save you some time.

Aug. 29: Trump reversed a rule requiring large companies to report worker pay by race and gender in order to decrease the wage gap through greater pay transparency. (Chicago Tribune)
June 1: Trump ‘quits’ the Paris Climate Treaty, adopted by Obama in an executive order last year. (New York Times)
April 28: Trump signed an executive order aimed at expanding offshore oil and gas drilling in the Arctic, Atlantic, and possibly Pacific Ocean, scrapping another facet of Obama’s environmental legacy. (Washington Post)
April 27: Trump directed the Interior Department to reconsider safety regulations for offshore drilling put in place after the 2010 BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The executive order was intended to roll back Obama administration attempts to ban drilling off the southeastern Atlantic and Alaskan coasts. (New York Times)
March 28: Trump rescinded Obama’s clean energy plans, which put a cap on greenhouse gas emissions by power plants. (New York Times)
Feb. 28: Trump rolled back Obama’s Clean Water Rule, intended to increase the scope of waterways regulated for pollutants.(Washington Post)
an. 23: Trump withdrew from the trans-pacific Partnership, a trade deal between the US and countries on the Pacific Rim. (Washington Post)

You will find a lot more in the links.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT