ADVERTISEMENT

Perry, Harris, and Forsythe class of 2024

I’m all for Glue Guys, but this team needs 4 shooters around Zach.
I don't disagree at all. Like I said he will most likely have a drop in minutes but I want him "all-in" when we need him. We need 4 scorers not just shooters. Fletch is a flat out shooter but lacked aggressive scoring at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Do Dah Day
I don't disagree at all. Like I said he will most likely have a drop in minutes but I want him "all-in" when we need him. We need 4 scorers not just shooters. Fletch is a flat out shooter but lacked aggressive scoring at times.
Considering that he was a freshman last year, I think that Fletch showed that he is much more than a shooter. The problem is that he struggled late in the season, but I think that we could all see it early on.

Considering that he was a freshman last year, I think that Fletch showed that he is much more than a shooter. The problem is that he struggled late in the season, but I think that we could all see it early on.
He did struggle and also got abused when being aggressive. I remember the Nebraska game when he got shoved during the dunk which should have been a technical and ejection.

What debacle?
Basically social media trolls. Catchings deleted some Purdue posts and added/kept an IU one and followed a manager or some low level IU personnel on social media. That prompted trolls to say he was decommiting ans he was for sure going to IU. From what I can recall, painter visited him and it seems to be all is well now. Especially after seeing him dunking with Colvin and on campus to recruit gicarri harris (big dogs son) for the same class as him.

It's a legit possibility. For Purdue I hope they go in the draft as a junior and sophomore.
Selfishly, I think we all want that. But need to also realize that a real possibility will be we only get one year with both. It will be interesting to see how ready Catchings is next year and how Myles will be this year. Less than 6 weeks right?!

Selfishly, I think we all want that. But need to also realize that a real possibility will be we only get one year with both. It will be interesting to see how ready Catchings is next year and how Myles will be this year. Less than 6 weeks right?!
Okay, I'd like to understand the consensus on the board. We've got some posters saying that Colvin won't start which basically means he won't be able to beat out two of the following 5 guys Waddell, Morton, Jones, Heide and Loyer. Others think he'll be off to the NBA in a year or two.

News flash. Both things can't be true. If Colvin can't beat out our current cast of characters at the two or three by January, he's not going anywhere but back to W. Lafayette for his Jr or Sr years.

My two cents. I think it's more likely than not he starts at least by mid-season, and we'll wait and see what happens with the NBA.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Okay, I'd like to understand the consensus on the board. We've got some posters saying that Colvin won't start which basically means he won't be able to beat out two of the following 5 guys Waddell, Morton, Jones, Heide and Loyer. Others think he'll be off to the NBA in a year or two.

News flash. Both things can't be true. If Colvin can't beat out our current cast of characters at the two or three by January, he's not going anywhere but back to W. Lafayette for his Jr or Sr years.

My two cents. I think it's more likely than not he starts at least by mid-season, and we'll wait and see what happens with the NBA.
I think it absolutely can be true. Jaden didn’t start until late January his freshman year and then became a lotto pick after his soph year.

However, I think a lot of us are hoping Colvin starts by mid January with what we’ve seen so far. His shooting, ability to create and get an open shot and athleticism is very encouraging.

He won’t start right away because Painter can’t quit Morton and it could take some time to adjust to the speed and higher skill in D1 Bball. He also looks to probably be playing the 2, however maybe Painter will go mire with 3 guards.

Obviously, he hasn’t played yet, but he seems to be a better shooter than Ivey was at this point in their early freshman careers (although Jaden could get to the whole easier). So if he can make the sophomore jump that Jaden did, he could easily be gone after his sophomore year.

But for the success of Purdue, I hope he stays for a 3rd year and Catchings stays for 2….but if they nba comes calling and you can go top 20, it’s tough not to go.

Last edited:

2 years

I don’t think him being a day 1 starter is a point of concern because Painter has shown he sticks with older guys. The challenge for new guys is picking up things on the defensive side of the ball and we know that means Morton and Loyer will get the nod.

I personally think you see Colvin coming off the bench at the 2 or 3 depending on matchups. If he is consistent on offense and doesn’t get lost on defense, his minutes will go up throughout the season.

As someone mentioned, wouldn’t be a surprise to see him supplant someone to take a starting role by January. He has the build and skillset to be a starter.

Last thing on Colvin is he is really young. Even if he stays 3 years, he would still be young by NBA standards.

It will be curious to watch his development. Ivey figured out how to break into the lineup as a freshman and worked his butt off all summer to be an All American and lottery pick. If Myles puts in the work and effort during the season and off-season, sky is the limit.

I love what I have seen from Colvin, but I don’t think it’s fair to the consensus #98 player in the class to assume that he will be a 2 and done. I can certainly see how it could be possible when watching him play, but the Jaden Ivey’s are the exception and not the rule.
"IF" he gets similar minutes as Jaden, I think he will be better. May or may not get drafted as high...too many variables to presume, but as a college player he already is a better shooter

I love what I have seen from Colvin, but I don’t think it’s fair to the consensus #98 player in the class to assume that he will be a 2 and done. I can certainly see how it could be possible when watching him play, but the Jaden Ivey’s are the exception and not the rule.
This is reasonable point. One thing about his ranking is he played on a small grassroots AAU team and at a small high school. Not as much national attention which might have contributed to his ranking. I don’t know how many folks who make it on any USA Basketball teams much less 2 with that high of a ranking (or low, depending on how you think about it).

Reactions: tjreese
Last time I looked, I dont think Colvin will be eligible age wise for the 2024 draft. My understanding is one needs to be 19 at the time of the draft, which he won't be. Feel free to correct me.

Last time I looked, I dont think Colvin will be eligible age wise for the 2024 draft. My understanding is one needs to be 19 at the time of the draft, which he won't be. Feel free to correct me.
Right…we are saying he will be draft eligible in 2 years…which is the 2025 draft. He just turned 18 in august this year and will turn 19 next year in 2024. Then after his sophomore year, he’d be eligible for the 2025 draft.

Huge difference. The coach makes all the difference. The coach is the difference. Not the campus and/or "night life", like some on here believe.
Perhaps you didn't mean literally, but the coach does not make all the difference. The coach may be the biggest factor in a decision, but two coaches and the program may be very close and the decision may be under that scenario that the closest to home may be the deciding factor or some other things if the coaches and programs were very close as far as wanting to play ball there that another thing was the deciding factor. None of this is intended to state a coach isn't perhaps the most important factor, but that gap between two coaches may be much smaller than another gap of influence.

Perhaps you didn't mean literally, but the coach does not make all the difference. The coach may be the biggest factor in a decision, but two coaches and the program may be very close and the decision may be under that scenario that the closest to home may be the deciding factor or some other things if the coaches and programs were very close as far as wanting to play ball there that another thing was the deciding factor. None of this is intended to state a coach isn't perhaps the most important factor, but that gap between two coaches may be much smaller than another gap of influence.
Yeah, I hear you. Everything is downstream from the coach.

News flash. Both things can't be true. If Colvin can't beat out our motley crew of players at the two or three by January, he's not going anywhere but back to W. Lafayette for his Jr or Sr years.

I think it absolutely can be true. Jaden didn’t start until late January his freshman year and then became a lotto pick after his soph year.

However, I think a lot of us are hoping Colvin starts by mid January with what we’ve seen so far. His shooting, ability to create and get an open shot and athleticism is very encouraging.

He won’t start right away because Painter can’t quit Morton and it could take some time to adjust to the speed and higher skill in D1 Bball. He also looks to probably be playing the 2, however maybe Painter will go mire with 3 guards.

Obviously, he hasn’t played yet, but he seems to be a better shooter than Ivey was at this point in their early freshman careers (although Jaden could get to the whole easier). So if he can make the sophomore jump that Jaden did, he could easily be gone after his sophomore year.

But for the success of Purdue, I hope he stays for a 3rd year and Catchings stays for 2….but if they nba comes calling and you can go top 20, it’s tough not to go.
Part of the reason Ivey didn't start until mid-season was due to injury. He missed 3 weeks of games after our first game. He ended up averaging over 30 minutes a game the last half of the season including 40+ in the last two games (both overtime).

After watching the European games, I think Painter's pretty high on Colvin and I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I think he may be good enough to start for this team at some point during the year but I'm one that never assumes a guy is going to leave "early" before I see him play a college game.

I'd be surprised if his NBA potential comes close to that of Jaden Ivey, but I hope he's better than Loyer, Eastern, Morton and Newman. All six of these guys were ranked about the same coming out of high school. If he slots in second in this group, I'll be pretty happy.

Yeah, I hear you. Everything is downstream from the coach.
Yeah imagine a person with a split personality say Jekyll and Hyde living in Indy. Jekyll wants Purdue, but Hyde wants IU, but both want immediate playing time? Matt tells the truth to Jekyll and Woody tells Hyde what he wants to hear?

More Kanon highlights. Read some feedback on him from OTE’s “pro day” and they talked about him floating through the air and spot up jump shooting being what people want from a SF. Said he needs to fine tune shooting on the move when feet aren’t set.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT