ADVERTISEMENT

Painter ....does he stay or go without a FF ?

Still there are those out there that think he should be out just from not doing well in the big dance. Just read through the posts and you will see that. When you disagree with that, it is just your opinion at that point and others have theirs. I am in the middle with him. I like him, but he does fall short in March most years with great talent.
I agree. There will always be fans who want a coach out because he doesn't deliver what they want. There were fans who wanted Coach K gone in the late 90's because he 'couldn't win the big one' and again ten years later when he'd 'lost his touch' after winning two in a row in '91 and '92.

Speculating that a coaching change would help a program is understandable. Comparing Painter to someone 'not doing their job' is, in my opinion, silliness.

• Love
Reactions: mathboy
It's hard to play a 'clean' game in the post. By nature, it's going to be physical. When you have a 7'4 300lb guy backing you down on the block, the only defense is to try and get physical.
So, does the ref call an offensive foul for backing down on defender who's trying to hold position? Technically, he's got position and the offensive player isn't supposed to just be able to lean on him. Or, does the ref call a defensive foul for the defender putting an arm in the offensive players back while trying to hold position?
IMHO, it's an old style of ball. Unfortunately, it's still used by a number of teams in the B10, including Painter.
Apparently you didn't watch the games. You think Edey got those scratches on his arms because someone put an arm in his back? lol

Well, if you give me the authority to make the hire, I'll happily do so.
But, what's more entertaining is when someone asks "who" and they get provided a list of potentials, people lose their $hit, screaming "HE'D NEVER COME TO PURDUE!". (which of course, nobody knows because nobody here has had that conversation with the candidate and his agent).
If you would simply quit welching on your commitments, Purdue would have the players to get it done. But we always get the same old canned deflections from you.

Apparently you didn't watch the games. You think Edey got those scratches on his arms because someone put an arm in his back? lol
As I've said many times, a foul is only a foul if the ref calls it. And you can bitch and moan about how bad the reffing was after a loss and blame the loss on the officials, but you'll be doing so from home on your couch while your opponent is still in the tourney.

If you would simply quit welching on your commitments, Purdue would have the players to get it done. But we always get the same old canned deflections from you.
I gave my money. Next time I write a big check, I'll stipulate the terms more clearly on how it's to be used.

I've seen more history than you have (I think you've posted you were in school in the baby boiler years). I'm more jaded. I've seen the program appear to be trending up only to be crushed again come tournament time. No one wants it more than I do, but I'm not confident.

So if you don't understand why someone that has cheered for PU basketball for more than 40 years would be cautious on their predictions for a final four, I don't know what to tell you.....
I was at Purdue’s last FF. I’m cautiously optimistic. Who knows what might happen if he breaks through. The recruiting is solid. Could it trend even more upward? Goal one is to be national champs. Goal 2 is win the BIg. If our guards make the leap we can achieve these goals. Don’t know if we will but I will root like hell for them to accomplish this.

As I've said many times, a foul is only a foul if the ref calls it. And you can bitch and moan about how bad the reffing was after a loss and blame the loss on the officials, but you'll be doing so from home on your couch while your opponent is still in the tourney.
Still moving those goalposts, I see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT