ADVERTISEMENT

Painter ....does he stay or go without a FF ?

For sure. The coaches and commissioner needs to work together to address this with the referees. For the last 2 decades it has hurt recruiting, and tourney results for the league.....not to mention watchability.
Although, I question how much some teams like Wisconsin, R and perhaps even Purdue want change??
Great point. You can watch a Wis vs Rut rock fight game that ends 52-49 and then immediately watch a UNC v FSU (ACC) game that ends 92-89.
How the teams are built to the athletic level to flow to how the refs call the games all impact the B10, (negatively IMHO).

I believe officiating maybe the problem. I’m not saying they are bad. What I’m saying is they allow the games to become too physical And it wears down the team over the corse of a BIG10 season. And come tournament time the team is not ready to adapt to a different style of officiating. The participation in outside preseason tournaments provides a good sampling of other officiating. But our players are just too battered and bloodied by the end of a BIG 10 season. We are subjected to playing a lot of teams that use goons to attack. And they don’t really care. However it was pointed out early last year the way to beat Purdue was clog the middle and dare Purdue to make their 3 point shots. We make a few, it’s a different story! The ncaa tournament is won by guard play
I think it's more how B10 teams are built with a lot of them running their offense through the low post. When that happens, the game is going to be slower, more physical, and more banging. When you have lots of cutting, picking, backing down, by nature, it's more physical and the refs have to let a certain amount of that to occur. Otherwise, both teams would have 25 fouls by halftime.

That's all completely fair. For me personally it boils down to a few things:
1) I enjoy the regular season and the NCAAT equally and put significant value on NCAAT success, but unless you make the FF or at least are playing for a FF bid in the EE, I don't see first and second round wins as much of an accomplishment.

2) Because I enjoy the regular season and because it is so much longer than the few weekends of the NCAAT, I value seeing the guys rewarded for their work with a BT championship.

2) I made a decision a few years ago to not get so emotionally invested in the outcomes of this program. I still very much enjoy the wins but I had reached the point where I was miserable during games if we weren't playing well and miserable after games if we lost. It just wasn't worth it.
Same for me. Makes for a much more enjoyable season!

Great point. You can watch a Wis vs Rut rock fight game that ends 52-49 and then immediately watch a UNC v FSU (ACC) game that ends 92-89.
How the teams are built to the athletic level to flow to how the refs call the games all impact the B10, (negatively IMHO).
Couldn't agree more. I'm hoping maybe expansion will help that. But maybe UCLA and Oregon will be forced to change, instead of the other way around....

That's all completely fair. For me personally it boils down to a few things:
1) I enjoy the regular season and the NCAAT equally and put significant value on NCAAT success, but unless you make the FF or at least are playing for a FF bid in the EE, I don't see first and second round wins as much of an accomplishment.

2) Because I enjoy the regular season and because it is so much longer than the few weekends of the NCAAT, I value seeing the guys rewarded for their work with a BT championship.

2) I made a decision a few years ago to not get so emotionally invested in the outcomes of this program. I still very much enjoy the wins but I had reached the point where I was miserable during games if we weren't playing well and miserable after games if we lost. It just wasn't worth it.
Makes total sense. I vowed to not get too hyped after this last loss…but here I am again, getting hyped…ready to go on this roller coaster and get hurt again haha

I think it's more how B10 teams are built with a lot of them running their offense through the low post. When that happens, the game is going to be slower, more physical, and more banging. When you have lots of cutting, picking, backing down, by nature, it's more physical and the refs have to let a certain amount of that to occur. Otherwise, both teams would have 25 fouls by halftime.
Or teams adjust to how the game is being called and instead of 25 calls being called by halftime guys are playing a cleaner game in the post.

Or teams adjust to how the game is being called and instead of 25 calls being called by halftime guys are playing a cleaner game in the post.
It's hard to play a 'clean' game in the post. By nature, it's going to be physical. When you have a 7'4 300lb guy backing you down on the block, the only defense is to try and get physical.
So, does the ref call an offensive foul for backing down on defender who's trying to hold position? Technically, he's got position and the offensive player isn't supposed to just be able to lean on him. Or, does the ref call a defensive foul for the defender putting an arm in the offensive players back while trying to hold position?
IMHO, it's an old style of ball. Unfortunately, it's still used by a number of teams in the B10, including Painter.

Couldn't agree more. I'm hoping maybe expansion will help that. But maybe UCLA and Oregon will be forced to change, instead of the other way around....
I am almost positive that with UCLA's style and talent (Oregon isn't a slouch in those areas either) it will force teams to change to a more modern game. I really hope that the B1G does some corrections with officiating over the next couple years to more heavily punish bruiser ball.

I don't know that it will help Purdue all that much with our tournament woes though. The under seeded teams that beat us the last 3 years all hacked their way to victory and the refs didn't call it (likely cause we were an average of 1' and 30 Lbs heavier than they were at almost every position).

Who would Purdue hire and would you want to go through what IU has gone through the past 10 years? One appearance in the S16 and then not making the tourney a few years and then getting blown out twice when you finally do?

I’m all for us getting mad at painter, but not sure who could come in and be better, or at least right away without going on a coaching carrousel. I’m actually a bit encouraged the fan base is starting to want/expect more than just a B1G championship.

And I agree on E8 is expectation.
I'm not sure honestly. As I haven't looked elsewhere as far as coaches. But if we get knocked out first round again. Losing to a 16, 15 and 13 seed and then losing to whatever seed it would be this year is just not acceptable. That would be 4 years in a row not making it out of the first round. The amount of talent we have had and then do that is not acceptable.

I am almost positive that with UCLA's style and talent (Oregon isn't a slouch in those areas either) it will force teams to change to a more modern game. I really hope that the B1G does some corrections with officiating over the next couple years to more heavily punish bruiser ball.

I don't know that it will help Purdue all that much with our tournament woes though. The under seeded teams that beat us the last 3 years all hacked their way to victory and the refs didn't call it (likely cause we were an average of 1' and 30 Lbs heavier than they were at almost every position).
I've always said that relying (hoping) that the refs will call a game a certain way is a terrible game strategy. You can't rely on that happening.
Purdue didn't lose those tourney games because of how they were called, (by all accounts, regardless of how the game was called, Purdue should be wiping the floor with these teams). They lost because they let the opponent neutralize Purdue's size advantages and forced Purdue to do things it didn't do well (shoot 3s, not play through the post).

Who would Purdue hire and would you want to go through what IU has gone through the past 10 years? One appearance in the S16 and then not making the tourney a few years and then getting blown out twice when you finally do?

I’m all for us getting mad at painter, but not sure who could come in and be better, or at least right away without going on a coaching carrousel. I’m actually a bit encouraged the fan base is starting to want/expect more than just a B1G championship.

And I agree on E8 is expectation.
To answer your question:
I'd be looking for a coach who's been a high level assistant at a program that's had both recruiting and tourney success, ideally Final Four experience.. Someone from a program that runs a system that appeals to today's players with NBA aspirations.
I would not hire from the Keady/Painter coaching tree.

It's hard to play a 'clean' game in the post. By nature, it's going to be physical. When you have a 7'4 300lb guy backing you down on the block, the only defense is to try and get physical.
So, does the ref call an offensive foul for backing down on defender who's trying to hold position? Technically, he's got position and the offensive player isn't supposed to just be able to lean on him. Or, does the ref call a defensive foul for the defender putting an arm in the offensive players back while trying to hold position?
IMHO, it's an old style of ball. Unfortunately, it's still used by a number of teams in the B10, including Painter.
Many teams have played "old style of ball" recently and had a ton of success. UNC's recent championship game run played through the center, last years Uconn team played through their center, Duke's season with Zion played through the center, etc. If you have a dominant center, playing through the post is still an extremely effective style of play and you can win championships that way. (in College ball at least)

There is a big difference between those above teams and ours last year. The supporting cast could execute if opposing teams focused too much on shutting down the post play. Early in the season we seemed to have the same type of skill set, but by late season our supporting cast had stopped performing.

I also think Painter is recruiting the right type of big man now too. If you look at Berg, TKR, and Furst, all of them are much quicker and more athletic bigs than Painter usually gets (only one I can think of is Haarms who was quick but not extremely athletic)

I'm not sure honestly. As I haven't looked elsewhere as far as coaches. But if we get knocked out first round again. Losing to a 16, 15 and 13 seed and then losing to whatever seed it would be this year is just not acceptable. That would be 4 years in a row not making it out of the first round. The amount of talent we have had and then do that is not acceptable.
Due to this years team and the recruits we have coming in over the next few years, I am hoping we get to an E8 and F4 over the next 3 years. If that doesn’t happen, then I will be on board with looking elsewhere.

But just to point out, that 15 seed we lost to, that was in the S16. They beat a 2 seed and 7 seed before us. We beat a very good Texas team the game before. While on paper it looked like it was all lining up for a possible road to the F4 (not sure we could have beat that red hot UNC team that we had beat earlier that year) St Peters executed their game plan perfectly and we decided to play down to their level of talent. Jaden also decided to forget how to play Bball that day and after all that, we did have a chance to win, but we didnt execute. So, while it sucks we lost to a 15, it was in the S16…they had at two wins before us (which is the same amount of wins IU has had in the tourney over a 7 year span heh) and I don’t take that loss as bad as the 13 and certainly to a 17 (16) seed.

I've always said that relying (hoping) that the refs will call a game a certain way is a terrible game strategy. You can't rely on that happening.
Purdue didn't lose those tourney games because of how they were called, (by all accounts, regardless of how the game was called, Purdue should be wiping the floor with these teams). They lost because they let the opponent neutralize Purdue's size advantages and forced Purdue to do things it didn't do well (shoot 3s, not play through the post).
I mean did you watch the games? The other team was too small to stop anything in the post, a lob from outside and edey dunk could have happened on every play. That is only IF they weren't allowed to hang from his arms preventing him from doing so. The 2-3 guys not mugging Edey were on the perimeter mugging the person with the ball. We win those games if a few players don't choke under pressure, but we also win those games if the other team isn't permitted to foul every possession causing us to get frustrated and choke.

I hate it when teams blame the refs for losses, and I know I'm doing it here. I just don't see how anyone that watched the NW, Peacocks, or FDU games can't see how hanging on peoples arms all game might impact the other's teams ability to perform. Call it a choke or call it intentional fouling to get in your opponents head. I have heard many times "They can't call every foul" but yes they can, and do in the ACC which is why you have a much better looking basketball game. That team that fouls and dares refs to call it won't be doing it long when they only have 2 players that haven't fouled out of the game.......

Many teams have played "old style of ball" recently and had a ton of success. UNC's recent championship game run played through the center, last years Uconn team played through their center, Duke's season with Zion played through the center, etc. If you have a dominant center, playing through the post is still an extremely effective style of play and you can win championships that way. (in College ball at least)

There is a big difference between those above teams and ours last year. The supporting cast could execute if opposing teams focused too much on shutting down the post play. Early in the season we seemed to have the same type of skill set, but by late season our supporting cast had stopped performing.

I also think Painter is recruiting the right type of big man now too. If you look at Berg, TKR, and Furst, all of them are much quicker and more athletic bigs than Painter usually gets (only one I can think of is Haarms who was quick but not extremely athletic)
I’ll kinda give you UConn, even though they had really good guard play. But Duke did not play through a center with Zion and that UNC teams run was mainly due to their guards - Love and Davis and also Manek. Bacot had a huge presence on the rebounding side and scored, but offense was not ran through him first. You may go back to 2015 when duke won with Okafor. But they also had Winslow and Jones scoring a lot too…but that’s really the only one I can remember where a team may have run it’s offense through it’s center (but I don’t think they did)

And how exactly did they neutralize an almost 1' advantage that Edey had over every player on their team? What prevented us lobbing the ball to Edey every single time down the court? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't legal......

I mean did you watch the games? The other team was too small to stop anything in the post, a lob from outside and edey dunk could have happened on every play. That is only IF they weren't allowed to hang from his arms preventing him from doing so. The 2-3 guys not mugging Edey were on the perimeter mugging the person with the ball. We win those games if a few players don't choke under pressure, but we also win those games if the other team isn't permitted to foul every possession causing us to get frustrated and choke.

I hate it when teams blame the refs for losses, and I know I'm doing it here. I just don't see how anyone that watched the NW, Peacocks, or FDU games can't see how hanging on peoples arms all game might impact the other's teams ability to perform. Call it a choke or call it intentional fouling to get in your opponents head. I have heard many times "They can't call every foul" but yes they can, and do in the ACC which is why you have a much better looking basketball game. That team that fouls and dares refs to call it won't be doing it long when they only have 2 players that haven't fouled out of the game.......
Yeah, look at how many FTs we shot vs Texas then how many we shot vs St Peter’s. Teams dare refs to call fouls and sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. If I were a team playing Purdue I would foul as much as I could until refs actually started making calls.
But at the end of the day, ya still gotta play through it and if we make just a few more outside shots, we can be pretty dangerous.

Reactions: Schmedly_Whiplash
And how exactly did they neutralize an almost 1' advantage that Edey had over every player on their team? What prevented us lobbing the ball to Edey every single time down the court? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't legal......
So again, you can rely and hope that the refs call a game a certain way, but if they don't, what do you do?
A) complain the refs suck
B) watch the rest of the tournament from home.

I mean, in the history of sports, how many games have been impacted by the officials? A lot. But, no game result has ever been changed after the fact because it was determined that the refs did a poor job.

Reactions: JRKinn
So again, you can rely and hope that the refs call a game a certain way, but if they don't, what do you do?
A) complain the refs suck
B) watch the rest of the tournament from home.

I mean, in the history of sports, how many games have been impacted by the officials? A lot. But, no game result has ever been changed after the fact because it was determined that the refs did a poor job.
That's a fair statement, and also why modern ball wins in the tourney more often. In general it takes the refs out of it as you don't have to worry about the double standard on calls that post players get. If you are splashing threes all game the refs can't stop you. Also driving to the basket gets calls from the refs at a much higher rate than low post play.

I really hope we include a high tempo option to the mix this year. I think we have the personnel for it with the addition of Heide and Colvin along with Furst TKR and Braden. If a team starts playing bully ball, high tempo tends to be a hard counter since they will be over committing a lot doing so.

You mean 2 years in a row.

Completely disagree on it being difficult to call a clean game, the rules are pretty clear and playing physical is legal, displacing an offensive player or putting hands on an opponent to limit freedom of movement is illegal. Displacing a defensive player by lowering your shoulder into the player is illegal.

Agree that it is uncommon to call a clean game as refs tend to view the play the same way as you've described, looking solely at who is gaining advantage rather than how they're gaining advantage based on the methodology used. Zach gains advantage with his size and length which is perfectly legal. Refs at times don't like that so they allow defenders to use illegal measures to defend him such as lowering shoulders to displace him in the block or putting two hands on him to limit his freedom of movement.

Other than your personal preference, not sure why it would be unfortunate that some Big Ten teams including Purdue tend to play through the post.

I love it when people think the program is dying. Leading up to last year's tourney we were one of 2 teams in the entire nation that had been to 4 of the last 5 sweet sixteens. Even now the list is very short of teams that have been to 4 of the last 6, and I think we are 4th-5th in the nation in consecutive tourney appearances.

We absolutely need to figure out how to not get upset by small scrappy teams, but the reality is this program is in about the best shape it has ever been in. There might be some older Boilers out there that would school me on the program 3+ decades ago that I'm not aware of, but I know for a fact that we were ranked #1 in the polls for half of last season, after getting there the first time ever the season before, and now we have the highest preseason ranking we have ever had. We sent a lottery pick and another late draftee to the NBA (although Williams hasn't played), and got better the next year. The only teams that I know of that do that are Blue bloods.

The best way to tell that we are in the best shape ever is that overall expectations are now FF or we fire our coach. This is Purdue, not UNC or Kansas. Purdue has rarely had FF hopes let alone expectations. Painter has gotten this program on the verge of greatness from a team that would beat Indiana as their highlight and every once in a while put together a competitive team that could do some damage but never seemed to get much done.

Very much agree with this point. Extremely problematic that refs at times look at equality of outcomes, not the the methodology used to achieve it, allowing physically overmatched teams to use illegal tactics to avoid being physically dominated.

Your point is a good one in that counting on refs to call a 'fair' game in the NCAAT is likely a losing proposition when you need to win four to six games in a row. We saw that two years ago when Texas decided to foul on every play and then complained after the game because they were generally called for it. The next batch of refs took the opposite approach with SPU the next game and Purdue responded very poorly.

Completely disagree on it being difficult to call a clean game, the rules are pretty clear and playing physical is legal, displacing an offensive player or putting hands on an opponent to limit freedom of movement is illegal. Displacing a defensive player by lowering your shoulder into the player is illegal.

Agree that it is uncommon to call a clean game as refs tend to view the play the same way as you've described, looking solely at who is gaining advantage rather than how they're gaining advantage based on the methodology used. Zach gains advantage with his size and length which is perfectly legal. Refs at times don't like that so they allow defenders to use illegal measures to defend him such as lowering shoulders to displace him in the block or putting two hands on him to limit his freedom of movement.

Other than your personal preference, not sure why it would be unfortunate that some Big Ten teams including Purdue tend to play through the post.
This right here. The rules other than charge and a couple other are very very specific. The ACC calls their games very much by the rule book, and it produces better overall basketball once everyone understands they can't get away with mugging people as a defensive strategy. Refs shouldn't be there to even the playing field, they should be there to enforce the rules as written. Bo Borski has on record said he focuses on advantage, not the actual rules. It amazed me that he said that and was still reffing the next year, but I guess the B1G thinks that's perfectly fine.

Reactions: northside100

Because refs are not robots. They're not going to call every play by the rule book. Just like an umpire in baseball strike zones vary.
Just because you as a fan or Painter as a coach can claim someone is committing a foul according to the rules, it's not a foul unless the ref calls it.
So again, if part of the game strategy is to draw a lot of fouls, that strategy only works if the refs are willing to call it. And an opposing team that's at a physical or size disadvantage is going to do whatever they can until the refs stop them.
It doesn't matter what the rule book says, it was the on court ref says.

I love it when people think the program is dying. Leading up to last year's tourney we were one of 2 teams in the entire nation that had been to 4 of the last 5 sweet sixteens. Even now the list is very short of teams that have been to 4 of the last 6, and I think we are 4th-5th in the nation in consecutive tourney appearances.

We absolutely need to figure out how to not get upset by small scrappy teams, but the reality is this program is in about the best shape it has ever been in. There might be some older Boilers out there that would school me on the program 3+ decades ago that I'm not aware of, but I know for a fact that we were ranked #1 in the polls for half of last season, after getting there the first time ever the season before, and now we have the highest preseason ranking we have ever had. We sent a lottery pick and another late draftee to the NBA (although Williams hasn't played), and got better the next year. The only teams that I know of that do that are Blue bloods.

The best way to tell that we are in the best shape ever is that overall expectations are now FF or we fire our coach. This is Purdue, not UNC or Kansas. Purdue has rarely had FF hopes let alone expectations. Painter has gotten this program on the verge of greatness from a team that would beat Indiana as their highlight and every once in a while put together a competitive team that could do some damage but never seemed to get much done.
So, the Big 10 program with the most Big 10 championships hasn't had FF expectations in the past? Are you saying Purdue was just happy to be there and any wins in the tourney were gravy?

How many B10 schools do you think have FF expectations every year?

If making the FF isn't the first goal on the chalk board at the first practice, then we need a new culture.

My bad. St. Peters loss was deeper. Just felt like it was early because they were a 15 seed. That bracket was gifted to us by who lost. And we gave it away. Still shouldn't be losing to double digit seeds year after year.

Think of it as not a modern game, but a revert back to a few decades ago game or pre 70s?

Reactions: northside100
So, the Big 10 program with the most Big 10 championships hasn't had FF expectations in the past? Are you saying Purdue was just happy to be there and any wins in the tourney were gravy?

How many B10 schools do you think have FF expectations every year?

If making the FF isn't the first goal on the chalk board at the first practice, then we need a new culture.
Expectations and goals are not the same.

Reactions: Thadoc1
Because refs are not robots. They're not going to call every play by the rule book. Just like an umpire in baseball strike zones vary.
Just because you as a fan or Painter as a coach can claim someone is committing a foul according to the rules, it's not a foul unless the ref calls it.
So again, if part of the game strategy is to draw a lot of fouls, that strategy only works if the refs are willing to call it. And an opposing team that's at a physical or size disadvantage is going to do whatever they can until the refs stop them.
It doesn't matter what the rule book says, it was the on court ref says.
You’re describing .bad refs, which is something the Big Ten needs to do something about. If you ask the Big Ten or NCAA officials office if those things are discretionary calls you’ll get a definitive no.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
To answer your question:
I'd be looking for a coach who's been a high level assistant at a program that's had both recruiting and tourney success, ideally Final Four experience.. Someone from a program that runs a system that appeals to today's players with NBA aspirations.
I would not hire from the Keady/Painter coaching tree.
Exactly which assistant are you hiring?

• Haha
Reactions: Do Dah Day
Keady stayed about 3-4 years too long.
Painter runs a very good program, not a great program, at least not by tourney success standards. He's a safe bet for the athletic administration.
Whoa, I liked something you said. But YES ... at least 3-4 years too long.

I've seen more history than you have (I think you've posted you were in school in the baby boiler years). I'm more jaded. I've seen the program appear to be trending up only to be crushed again come tournament time. No one wants it more than I do, but I'm not confident.

So if you don't understand why someone that has cheered for PU basketball for more than 40 years would be cautious on their predictions for a final four, I don't know what to tell you.....
I'm entering my 61st year (plus 6 years of MS/HS rooting). I was a friend with Mount in High School. Went to Whisky and L'ville in '69 ,,,, What a long, strange trip it's been.

My bad. St. Peters loss was deeper. Just felt like it was early because they were a 15 seed. That bracket was gifted to us by who lost. And we gave it away. Still shouldn't be losing to double digit seeds year after year.
I agree st peters was a worse loss even though it was in the Sweet sixteen...I loved last year's team but we weren't going far in the tourney compared to the jaden/Trevion team...we were too young and depended so much on our inconsistent shooting....Jaden played horrific against st peters though but we probably should've seen it coming...he had been inconsistent all year...he played well against Texas and Yale but we kinda knew the wheels would come off at some point...we also didn't have anyone else step up either...sasha was too inconsistent, hunter was not much of an offensive threat....tre/Zach combo was decent but was tough because you had to play both and it felt like sometimes they couldn't get in rhythm with the limited minutes each played....it was a talented team but frustrating at the same time....we just didn't gel and were inefficient at times....this year feels different...Zach will play as many minutes as he can, Smith is experienced and one of the best pgs we've had in awhile, loyer is steady and if he's hitting shots we're dangerous, if not he's still a good facilitator....Jones is a great backup pg and defender, he can legitimately spell Smith or loyer and his quickness is much needed, something we didn't have last year...Waddell is a great perimeter defender and a great athlete, will be valuable on fastbreaks...sprinkle in some shooting with Colvin and Heide and some experienced forwards and we've got the pieces and depth...the biggest issue will be getting enough guys playing time....I'm hoping that by January we'll have an 8/9 man rotation....3 players at least will be playing minimal minutes...playing too many guys can hurt efficiency and we should know by then who plays the best around edey, because that's the most important thing....that will make us reach our potential as a team....it may be someone less talented, but it will make us better as a team by being a positive contributor with edey in the game...something that the Ivey team couldn't do...

3 pt shooting IS the game in all of basketball now from grade school to the pro’.s. The redundancy of all levels running the same high post pick and roll offense, imho, is making it BORING at times in too many games!

Last edited:
I agree st peters was a worse loss even though it was in the Sweet sixteen...I loved last year's team but we weren't going far in the tourney compared to the jaden/Trevion team...we were too young and depended so much on our inconsistent shooting....Jaden played horrific against st peters though but we probably should've seen it coming...he had been inconsistent all year...he played well against Texas and Yale but we kinda knew the wheels would come off at some point...we also didn't have anyone else step up either...sasha was too inconsistent, hunter was not much of an offensive threat....tre/Zach combo was decent but was tough because you had to play both and it felt like sometimes they couldn't get in rhythm with the limited minutes each played....it was a talented team but frustrating at the same time....we just didn't gel and were inefficient at times....this year feels different...Zach will play as many minutes as he can, Smith is experienced and one of the best pgs we've had in awhile, loyer is steady and if he's hitting shots we're dangerous, if not he's still a good facilitator....Jones is a great backup pg and defender, he can legitimately spell Smith or loyer and his quickness is much needed, something we didn't have last year...Waddell is a great perimeter defender and a great athlete, will be valuable on fastbreaks...sprinkle in some shooting with Colvin and Heide and some experienced forwards and we've got the pieces and depth...the biggest issue will be getting enough guys playing time....I'm hoping that by January we'll have an 8/9 man rotation....3 players at least will be playing minimal minutes...playing too many guys can hurt efficiency and we should know by then who plays the best around edey, because that's the most important thing....that will make us reach our potential as a team....it may be someone less talented, but it will make us better as a team by being a positive contributor with edey in the game...something that the Ivey team couldn't do...
I’d argue that the biggest issue is not finding guys enough playing time but instead is finding players who can consistently hit from three. I get that there are guys on paper who should be good shooters but until we see it that remains to me number one question for this team. If we have too many guys who are shooting it well and playing well overall I’ll happily take that problem.

I’d argue that the biggest issue is not finding guys enough playing time but instead is finding players who can consistently hit from three. I get that there are guys on paper who should be good shooters but until we see it that remains to me number one question for this team. If we have too many guys who are shooting it well and playing well overall I’ll happily take that problem.
If you notice I said "if", we can become a 3 pt shooting team again, with Edey , FF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT