ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Romeo

I mean I guess it would be your definition of "serious recruiting momentum". Having a class with four 4* and a 5*, I would call serious recruiting momentum. I said we had serious recruiting momentum when we picked up Biggie. We didn't sustain that and they might not either.
You seem to follow iu recruiting more closely than most - what 5* recruit do they have coming in next year?

I follow all recruiting extremely closely. Whether you want to believe it or not, they are getting Romeo. That's the 5* they have coming in next year.
Ahhh - so you're giving them credit for things that haven't happened. Got it fanboy.

"...if they pull in Brooks and TJD..." That's two ifs. You were counting them in your "momentum" claim. And Romeo is a done deal? Where have you seen this? You talk more confidently about the clown pants than most iu fans. Odd.
Why are people claiming Brooks is an IU lean? He isn't. Just like RL, imagine "if" Louisville didn't get into a huge public scandal or Kansas paying players are we talking RL to IU? No! I heard enough IU fans claiming Biggie came because of Rosie but discount the RL situation.

Why are people claiming Brooks is an IU lean? He isn't. Just like RL, imagine "if" Louisville didn't get into a huge public scandal or Kansas paying players are we talking RL to IU? No! I heard enough IU fans claiming Biggie came because of Rosie but discount the RL situation.

Brooks is an IU lean. It's no secret. Corey Evans and others have said as much.

Yea, he seems pretty Pro IU in this article (Yes, it's an IU article, but the quotes are from him)....

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/did-keion-brooks-jr-give-away-his-college-choice-with-this-quote/
Yeah. It's not over for him as I think others may take a crack, but IU does seem to be the clubhouse leader. I think they are very likely to get Jackson-Davis. Heard that U.K. And others basically backed off because they think he's very much headed to Bloomington. That said, it did sound like PU is in as good a position to get him should he decide against IU. Like what if they get Watford before him...IU is too loaded in the front court to keep taking so many bigs.

Reactions: TX4GB
That said, it did sound like PU is in as good a position to get him should he decide against IU. Like what if they get Watford before him...IU is too loaded in the front court to keep taking so many bigs.

This. Brian Neubert has said as much on many occasions - recruiting is anything but predictable (not including cheating). If CJ Walker hadn't backed off of his commitment, we probably would not have the reigning Jerry West Award winner, Carsen Edwards.

Not saying I expect us to get TJD or Keion, but crazier things have happened. Biggie seemed all but gone and then he wasn't. JJJ seemed all but a Purdue commit and then he wasn't.

Reactions: BoilerGrad2001
Yeah. It's not over for him as I think others may take a crack, but IU does seem to be the clubhouse leader. I think they are very likely to get Jackson-Davis. Heard that U.K. And others basically backed off because they think he's very much headed to Bloomington. That said, it did sound like PU is in as good a position to get him should he decide against IU. Like what if they get Watford before him...IU is too loaded in the front court to keep taking so many bigs.

Get ready for some transfers in a couple years or Creaning part deux.

Oh yea, but I meant guys who are 3s and 4s. FOr example, I'm surprised Clifton Moore hasn't transferred.
Yeah. Saw Moore on the draft board, but hardly saw minutes this year. I know he's an Ivy-league type kid and was tops in his class at Hatboro, which is a really good school in the burbs. My IU guys said he's not terribly happy with the lack of PT, but he likes his academic situation and seems to like Archie. That can change, of course.

I'm with you in that somebody is going to get the picture. Hunter is a top-50ish guy. Davis was in the 30s. Justin Smith seems like he's emerging as a true starter. Thompson was a 80-100 ish PF. Forrester is around 120. Anderson is around 100 and seems to need to get "his share of shots".

But yet they are leaders for Brooks and TJD. I'm not saying they won't get both as I think Corey Evans put the odds of IU getting both as pretty high. But if that happens, if you are not Smith, Hunter, TJD, or Brooks, then you are likely not going to see a lot of PT.

This is why I like Matt staying on the kids. You don't know what other cards are going to get played. One of these studs may not see IU as a place where they can fit an already crowded front court.

Reactions: overthetop16
I beg to differ and stick with MSU as of now. I wouldn't believe they wouldn't be the leader with all the attention Darrion is still getting considering from MSU. I'll even throw this out there and say KB will be the coach of Northside next year.

I beg to differ and stick with MSU as of now. I wouldn't believe they wouldn't be the leader with all the attention Darrion is still getting considering from MSU. I'll even throw this out there and say KB will be the coach of Northside next year.
Even the MSU guys I know who are reasonably plugged in think IU is the leader. They said MSU "was the leader."

That said, you could end up being right. He may pick MSU, but winds seem to be blowing more south of late.

Yeah. Saw Moore on the draft board, but hardly saw minutes this year. I know he's an Ivy-league type kid and was tops in his class at Hatboro, which is a really good school in the burbs. My IU guys said he's not terribly happy with the lack of PT, but he likes his academic situation and seems to like Archie. That can change, of course.

I'm with you in that somebody is going to get the picture. Hunter is a top-50ish guy. Davis was in the 30s. Justin Smith seems like he's emerging as a true starter. Thompson was a 80-100 ish PF. Forrester is around 120. Anderson is around 100 and seems to need to get "his share of shots".

But yet they are leaders for Brooks and TJD. I'm not saying they won't get both as I think Corey Evans put the odds of IU getting both as pretty high. But if that happens, if you are not Smith, Hunter, TJD, or Brooks, then you are likely not going to see a lot of PT.

This is why I like Matt staying on the kids. You don't know what other cards are going to get played. One of these studs may not see IU as a place where they can fit an already crowded front court.
It's my understanding that they want to play Andersen at the 2. Still a ton of bodies though.
(Assume they get Brooks and TJD)
2- Andersen
3 - Hunter/Smith
4 - Brooks/Thompson/Moore
5 - TJD/Davis/Forrester

Compared with ours: (Assume we get Okoro and Gillis)

3 - Wheeler/Gillis
4 - Okoro/Evan
5 - Haarms/Williams/Dow

Should be a good matchup at the 3-5 spot in the coming years between the two teams.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
It's my understanding that they want to play Andersen at the 2. Still a ton of bodies though.
2- Andersen
3 - Hunter/Smith
5 - TJD/Davis/Forrester

3 - Wheeler/Gillis
4 - Okoro/Evan
5 - Haarms/Williams/Dow

Should be a good matchup at the 3-5 spot in the coming years between the two teams.

Personally would prefer this:

3 - Wheeler/Malik Hall
4 - Okoro/Gillis/Evan
5 - Haarms/Williams/Dow

However, I felt a lot more optimistic when you laid out our prospects like that.

Personally would prefer this:

3 - Wheeler/Malik Hall
4 - Okoro/Gillis/Evan
5 - Haarms/Williams/Dow

However, I felt a lot more optimistic when you laid out our prospects like that.
Would love to have Hall, and I think Gillis would be better suited for the 4 spot (like Vince). I'll take your lineup for sure!

Reactions: overthetop16
If he does choose iu, at VERY best they'll be a sweet 16 team for the one year he's there. Then its back to being a bubble team just like they've been for the majority of the past 16 years.
We'll for sure see "We're Back!" t-shirts, rings being handed out, and nets being cut down...announcing to the world they are back to being a slightly above average team. Showing just how blue blood they are. ;)
So, they're going from not making any post-season tourney to being a Sweet 16 team next season? I'll take that bet in a heart beat.

2- Andersen
3 - Hunter/Smith
5 - TJD/Davis/Forrester

3 - Wheeler/Gillis
4 - Okoro/Evan
5 - Haarms/Williams/Dow

Not sure I see Anderson at the 2 on the defensive end, but he can certainly fill it up from deep.

It will be a good match to watch those lineups fight each other. We really need Okoro. I like Wheelers hops. I'm not as high on Gillis as some, but he at least looks like he has skills.

I know TJD's mother. Looks like she favors IU

I know TJD's mother. Looks like she favors IU
Yeah, heard that too. The kid REALLY likes Bloomington. Spends an inordinate amount of time there. Dad is more open to a full recruitment, but heard he is warming to IU and Miller. Like I said before, it's a long haul to pull him away from IU, but if Watford jumps for IU first, that could change things.

If we don't, I hope IU does get the IN kids.

Screw MSU and OSU. Keep them out of our state!

IU starts to prosper with IN kids, then IMO PU will also continue to proper as well. Our rivalry returns to a bit of glory, and hopefully all the IN kids will want to be a part of it. We have more than enough to go around, and I'm tired of seeing them leave the state.

2- Andersen
3 - Hunter/Smith
5 - TJD/Davis/Forrester

3 - Wheeler/Gillis
4 - Okoro/Evan
5 - Haarms/Williams/Dow

Yes, if you look at Archie Miller's teams and defensive style, he likes to play tall, interchangeable players. I know that they may end up with too many front court players in bloomington at some point, but his roster will consist of more 6'5" + players than many coaches.

He will probably give Andersen every chance to play a lot of the 2 position, and if Langford comes, he would be a prototype long guard that the Pack Line defense needs to work effectively.

Yes, if you look at Archie Miller's teams and defensive style, he likes to play tall, interchangeable players. I know that they may end up with too many front court players in bloomington at some point, but his roster will consist of more 6'5" + players than many coaches.

He will probably give Andersen every chance to play a lot of the 2 position, and if Langford comes, he would be a prototype long guard that the Pack Line defense needs to work effectively.
Good point. I found it odd that they deployed a pack line with so many 6-2 guards and shorter. Figured at some point Miller would bring in more 6-5 type guards.

Reactions: FormerRevMatt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT