ADVERTISEMENT

On this impeachment thing

20392082-7631905-image-a-121_1572465102616.jpg
My prescription for mind-reading pills needs refilling.
Is there some thought that you're trying to convey ?

You really cannot be this ridiculously uneducated.
Sadly,.....yes he can. Just when one thinks that there can not POSSIBLY be any competition for Twin and bone.......along comes BSIT...……... Moe...…..Larry...…...Curly...….
Our threesome..

Last edited:
How about you bet me $500 to our charity of choice to see if I’m correct about the upcoming FISA and Barr and Durham report? If they find no Dem wrongdoing you win. If not , I win. As a reminder, I’ve yet to lose a $ bet on this board.
For the sake of argument, and ONLY for that sake....won't it be a little difficult defining the highly subjective concept of " wrongdoing " ??
Oh, and care to share exactly what your winning " board" bets have been, here ??

The real root cause was that the President had so little sense, so little actual political and government acumen that he chose to attempt to coerce Ukraine for political favors through authorized funding when Nancy Pelosi had already clearly signaled that she was uninterested in implementing, pursuing or even allowing any House impeachment actions.

Exactly plus he attempted his coercion on a phone call with many people listening. At times I think he is flaunting the law and taunting Congress but then I think maybe it’s sheer stupidity.

Reactions: indy35
Exactly plus he attempted his coercion on a phone call with many people listening. At times I think he is flaunting the law and taunting Congress but then I think maybe it’s sheer stupidity.
There was no coercion or threats in that phone call. Trump is not stupid. He won the election. That phone call is not grounds for impeachment. The Durham report will come out and the anti Trump bias will be exposed. In the meantime, the hate continues.

It is stupidity. All of Trump's life he has been able to get away with things by being brazinngly wrong yet rarely challenged. A lifetime of that and you get to start thinking you're invincible and everything you do is right.
Trump has always been a corrupt businessman, declaring different montary values for his properties depending on whether it isfor business and tax purposes, stifling subcontractors by embroiling them in endless lawsuits, doing business with shady people. When you add all that to his peculiarly dysfunctional personality (narcissistic, self delusional, obsessed with "winning", and extremely petty), you get an idiot who is stupid enough to make such a call and think he will get away with it.

The misleading information about Biden and his son is simply not true. I'll provide a linked article to an NPR article that walks through how Biden and his son came in to question and then where Trump pulled his information from. If you'd like to read it, I believe it could answer some of questions about the 'Ukrainian adventure' as you have called it. If you have some information you would like to share so that I can see where your angle is coming from, I'd welcome to read it from new sources that are reputable and trusted like NPR, AP, The Hill, PBS, Al Jazeera, The Economist, or the Wall Street Journal.

NPR: What Were the Biden's Doing in Ukraine?
If what Biden was doing was so ok why has Joe said he won't be able to do it if Joe becomes president?

If Trump's kids were doing what Joe's did it would be the vehicle the dems would use to impeach Trump.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
It is stupidity. All of Trump's life he has been able to get away with things by being brazinngly wrong yet rarely challenged. A lifetime of that and you get to start thinking you're invincible and everything you do is right.
Trump has always been a corrupt businessman, declaring different montary values for his properties depending on whether it isfor business and tax purposes, stifling subcontractors by embroiling them in endless lawsuits, doing business with shady people. When you add all that to his peculiarly dysfunctional personality (narcissistic, self delusional, obsessed with "winning", and extremely petty), you get an idiot who is stupid enough to make such a call and think he will get away with it.
Right on the nose.

There was no coercion. Vindman's statement was refuted yesterday, the Ukraine Prez said that there was no quid pro quo. He's not going to get impeached and the more this goes on, the larger the margin he wins 2020 by.

And then, with nothing to hold him back, he'll complete his promise to the American people.

There was no coercion. Vindman's statement was refuted yesterday, the Ukraine Prez said that there was no quid pro quo. He's not going to get impeached and the more this goes on, the larger the margin he wins 2020 by.

And then, with nothing to hold him back, he'll complete his promise to the American people.

Can you point me to where/how Vindman's statement was refuted yesterday?

Reactions: atmafola
If what Biden was doing was so ok why has Joe said he won't be able to do it if Joe becomes president?

If Trump's kids were doing what Joe's did it would be the vehicle the dems would use to impeach Trump.
If Trumps kids were doing it, Republican's wouldn't care. Just like if Obama was in office right now doing the same things Trump is, he'd already be out of office if Republicans had control of House and Senate.

For the first statement, I'm not quite sure what you are saying there. Be more specific.

For the second part, the Trump kids kinda ARE doing the same thing that Joe's kid did. While it may be immoral, it's not illegal. So, no, we would not impeach Joe over that just as we won't impeach Trump over that. I have yet to find someone saying that Trump should be impeached because his kids are benefiting off of their father's name and current position (or at least, anybody who knows what they are talking about, I'm sure you can find an internet nut job who will spout it, but with no legal basis to back it up).

If Trumps kids were doing it, Republican's wouldn't care. Just like if Obama was in office right now doing the same things Trump is, he'd already be out of office if Republicans had control of House and Senate.
You know, Clinton's daughter came out of the WH and is now very wealthy. Bush 2's daughters are both doing well. I'm guessing that Obama's girls will somehow find their way paved through the People's House. All legally. Biden's kid profited directly from Daddie's actions and threats, and I will tell you this that if Pence's kids were to do this (remember Ol' Joe was VP), I'd be the first to suggest that Pence resign.

As for your statement about Obama, please remember The 2014 elections gave the Republicans control of the Senate (and control of both houses of Congress) for the first time since the 109th Congress. With 248 seats in the House of Representatives and 54 seats in the Senate, this Congress began with the largest Republican majority since the 71st Congress of 1929–1931. There was no fake witch hunt to oust a sitting Prez by the GOP.

Reactions: atmafola
You know, Clinton's daughter came out of the WH and is now very wealthy. Bush 2's daughters are both doing well. I'm guessing that Obama's girls will somehow find their way paved through the People's House. All legally. Biden's kid profited directly from Daddie's actions and threats, and I will tell you this that if Pence's kids were to do this (remember Ol' Joe was VP), I'd be the first to suggest that Pence resign.

As for your statement about Obama, please remember The 2014 elections gave the Republicans control of the Senate (and control of both houses of Congress) for the first time since the 109th Congress. With 248 seats in the House of Representatives and 54 seats in the Senate, this Congress began with the largest Republican majority since the 71st Congress of 1929–1931. There was no fake witch hunt to oust a sitting Prez by the GOP.
Surprise surprise, Twin makes a statement that is completely false.
Obama didn't do a single thing that would warrant an impeachment, so that would explain why it never happened. It's not terribly difficult for someone to understand, as long as they aren't incredibly dense.

Reactions: doubleyous

Dude, trump's kids are doing that right now as we speak. I don't hear you telling them to resign

Surprise surprise, Twin makes a statement that is completely false.
Obama didn't do a single thing that would warrant an impeachment, so that would explain why it never happened. It's not terribly difficult for someone to understand, as long as they aren't incredibly dense.
I know you worship at the feet of the exaulted one, that he was YOUR perfect prez....but please spare me the Trump deserves to be impeached garbage. He's done nothing wrong other than to win after Obama, and to clean up, or attempt to clean up, the junk that was left to clean up.

Dude, trump's kids are doing that right now as we speak. I don't hear you telling them to resign
Just when it can't get dumber......Trump's kids have done nothing like taking money from a foreign government after a Daddy shake down.

Tell us again how Obama pulled us all together and had that great economy where folks lost their jobs.

And there was no fake witchhunt because Obama didnt go around doing illegal things!!!
All those close to him called him no-drama Obama for a reason. Even people who disagreed with his politcs (except extreme right wing nutjobs) agree he is a decent well-intentioned thoughtful guy. There's a reason that the only scandals Fox news was drumming up were things like "selfie stick", "wearing tan suit", and the ridiculous "dividing the country racially by saying if he had a kid, he would look like Trayvon martin"

And there was no fake witchhunt because Obama didnt go around doing illegal things!!!
All those close to him called him no-drama Obama for a reason. Even people who disagreed with his politcs (except extreme right wing nutjobs) agree he is a decent well-intentioned thoughtful guy. There's a reason that the only scandals Fox news was drumming up were things like "selfie stick", "wearing tan suit", and the ridiculous "dividing the country racially by saying if he had a kid, he would look like Trayvon martin"
You know, I will give Obama credit for staying with Michelle, for his kids appearing to be decent (save an occasional photo of Malia smoking dope and partying).

But I won' give him credit for much, if anything he did in the Oval Office. Yeah, he got Bin Laden, just as Trump got Al the Dirt Bag.

Just when it can't get dumber......Trump's kids have done nothing like taking money from a foreign government after a Daddy shake down.

Tell us again how Obama pulled us all together and had that great economy where folks lost their jobs.
No they just take business deals to build hotels that they weren't getting before. And what exactly was Jared's qualification for working in the White House. Look I am not hear to defend Biden son. And from what I know its money from private corporations not government. But that Trumps kids are not benefitting from their father presidency is pure BS

You know, I will give Obama credit for staying with Michelle, for his kids appearing to be decent (save an occasional photo of Malia smoking dope and partying).

But I won' give him credit for much, if anything he did in the Oval Office. Yeah, he got Bin Laden, just as Trump got Al the Dirt Bag.

I ask you this....racially, were we better...more together/less divided when Obama left office than when he took office?

No they just take business deals to build hotels that they weren't getting before. And what exactly was Jared's qualification for working in the White House. Look I am not hear to defend Biden son. And from what I know its money from private corporations not government. But that Trumps kids are not benefitting from their father presidency is pure BS
Trump's kids were doing quite well in the business world and since DJT isn't heading up the corporation today, it's the kid's jobs to expand the business....and to date, they havent done anything wrong.

You simiply hate the guy, for what ever reasons you have.

I ask you this....racially, were we better...more together/less divided when Obama left office than when he took office?
I am so much better by Obama being President. The things people like me had to suffer in darkness were out in public and getting public attention. That attention is driving change. For those privileged to be insulated from the negatives of disparate racial treatment, it might feel different. The racial divide already existed long before Obama. That his presidency allowed it boil to the surface didnt mean he invented it. Sorry if forcing folks like you to confront it makes you uncomfortable.

Trump's kids were doing quite well in the business world and since DJT isn't heading up the corporation today, it's the kid's jobs to expand the business....and to date, they havent done anything wrong.

You simiply hate the guy, for what ever reasons you have.
Doing well? Says who. The only president in recent history that refuses to release his taxes. The man who has files for bankruptcy how many times. He and his kids might look good businessmen to you. Noone can verify it, but he sure looks and acts like a conman

I am so much better by Obama being President. The things people like me had to suffer in darkness were out in public and getting public attention. That attention is driving change. For those privileged to be insulated from the negatives of disparate racial treatment, it might feel different. The racial divide already existed long before Obama. That his presidency allowed it boil to the surface didnt mean he invented it. Sorry if forcing folks like you to confront it makes you uncomfortable.
You know, you have no clue do you? I've been forced to confront nothing from the Obama presidency. I've always believed that all have opportunity to succeed and to do what's right. And I believe today that this country is far worse where race relations are concerned because of Obama's policies and words.

Just another's opinions.

Why would you want Pence to resign for his kids doing something legal?
It would be one thing if Hunter didn't actually do anything for Burisma and just collected a paycheck of $50,000 a month for sitting on his hands. As a member of the board, he traveled to investment meetings and met with potential clients and generally represented the interests of the company. You can claim he was underqualified for the role, and you can claim that he only got the job because of his last name, and you can claim that his salary was in excess of the value that he brought to the company, but there is absolutely nothing illegal that Hunter did that can be pointed to at this time, and he did actually "WORK" for the company.

Even if it can somehow be proven that the guy who founded the company had potential corruption offenses, you would still need to prove that Hunter was somehow complicit, which seems unlikely. Joe Biden got a corrupt official fired. If Joe told the new investigative head "OK, you've got the job now, but if you touch Burisma, then you'll end up like the last guy in your position", then absolutely you have a point. If it is proven that the new official was warned to stay away from Burisma, then I will absolutely join the mob with pitchforks and demand justice against Biden.

Last edited:
For the first statement, I'm not quite sure what you are saying there. Be more specific.

For the second part, the Trump kids kinda ARE doing the same thing that Joe's kid did. While it may be immoral, it's not illegal. So, no, we would not impeach Joe over that just as we won't impeach Trump over that. I have yet to find someone saying that Trump should be impeached because his kids are benefiting off of their father's name and current position (or at least, anybody who knows what they are talking about, I'm sure you can find an internet nut job who will spout it, but with no legal basis to back it up).
For the first Part Joe says his son will not be on any foreign boards if he is elected president.

For the second part how many foreign boards have the Trump kids joined since he became president where they make $80 k per month despite having no industry or country knowledge? How many times did they travel to a foreign country with their dad, hold business meetings and then get 1.5 bil of investments in the PE firm they were representing?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
You know, you have no clue do you? I've been forced to confront nothing from the Obama presidency. I've always believed that all have opportunity to succeed and to do what's right. And I believe today that this country is far worse where race relations are concerned because of Obama's policies and words.

Just another's opinions.
Just another post that helps make your credibility what it is today !!

Last edited:
Both of those points are purely hypothetical not factual -- just saying.

Facts are, Hunter got board seats, collected billions of investment dollars right after a trip with daddy on AF2 and dems don't care.

Facts are, Trumps kids are not doing it but getting more grief from the press and the dems than Hunter is.

You give Barack "credit" for " staying with " Michelle ???!!!
Why ?? Did the far right-wing publish stories about how the two of them were barely holding it together ?? There were reasons he should have been dumping her ??
Malia was "occasionally photo'd lighting up ??? Have a link ? There were what, maybe 10-15 "occasions" that you recall viewing these photos ?? In what publication, may we ask ??
And "partying", as a teenager, is evidence of Malia's "(in)decency ??

My,my.....
And here we thought the Obamas were an all-American type family......

Both of those points are purely hypothetical not factual -- just saying.

Facts are, Hunter got board seats, collected billions of investment dollars right after a trip with daddy on AF2 and dems don't care.

Facts are, Trumps kids are not doing it but getting more grief from the press and the dems than Hunter is.
You appear to misunderstand the word "facts."

I know you worship at the feet of the exaulted one, that he was YOUR perfect prez....but please spare me the Trump deserves to be impeached garbage. He's done nothing wrong other than to win after Obama, and to clean up, or attempt to clean up, the junk that was left to clean up.
The American public, thanks to modern media, will soon get to judge for themselves whether or not Trump's " DONE NOTHING WRONG ".
NOTHING.
ABSOLUTELY NOT ONE ATOMIC PARTICLE OF WRONGDOING. #1 = Jesus Christ. #1A = D. Trump

What about the millions of Americans that voted for Obama BECAUSE of the color of his skin. Works both ways dipwad.
So African-American voters in this country went to the polls in 2008 and CHANGED their usual Republican votes to Democratic, because another African-American was running ????
Did you see the polls indicating H. Clinton's black support % if she were the 2008 Dem. candidate ?? Of course not...you're oblivious.
And millions of WHITE, Republican 2008 voters , along with White Independents....decided to cast their very first NOVELTY votes for a black candidate....just to see what it would feel like ???!!!
You're politically uninformed. Face it.

For the first Part Joe says his son will not be on any foreign boards if he is elected president.

For the second part how many foreign boards have the Trump kids joined since he became president where they make $80 k per month despite having no industry or country knowledge? How many times did they travel to a foreign country with their dad, hold business meetings and then get 1.5 bil of investments in the PE firm they were representing?
1) Joe has said his son will not be on any foreign boards if he is elected president. Again, there is nothing illegal about it if he did. Interestingly, it IS illegal in many other countries, but not here in the US. Is it a potential conflict of interest? Absolutely. Not illegal though. To avoid any possibility, Joe has said that Hunter will be prohibited from doing it and will therefore not have to bother with the scrutiny.
2) It was 50K per month, not 80. Not a particularly huge discrepancy, but these arguments always end up ballooning with the amount of money being made / profited.
3) Again, while you can claim that he is underqualified for the role, the doesn't mean that he didn't work in the company's best interests. If I understand correctly, he was serving as a liaison to European investors and he had served on previous boards in a similar capacity (acquiring investors). So is he an ideal candidate for this position? Meh. Is he better than hiring a clerk at the local 7/11? Absolutely. Again, it doesn't matter whether he is qualified or not. I've worked at family owned companies that employed some significant Nepotism. While some of those familial recipients were better at their job than others, I have yet to meet one that didn't at least try to do the job within the best of their ability. The same could be said for Ivanka. She is a freaking fashion designer, but is now working on multi-million dollar deals and trademarks with China. While I don't think she is qualified for that role, she is doing what is best for her company and is apparently succeeding. Kushner is a real estate guy. Not exactly the best person to send to the middle east to develop cease-fire strategies, but he is doing the best that he can.
4) I'd have to find the link, but I believe I saw that Hunter made no profit from the 1.5 billion investment. Yes it helped the company immensely, but it didn't help him personally (except for the obvious credit in being able to land the deal)
5) Trump's kids don't have to "join" any boards because they are already on the boards of a large multi-national business. There are several ways that their business has benefitted during their time in the white house. If you are actually open to learning about it, feel free to click on the link below. There is plenty there that could be considered corrupt, but a lot of it is mostly above board, just like the Hunter Biden situation. So I don't have a particular issue with what the Trump children are doing, just that is a bit hypocritical for them to be calling out Hunter Biden for similar practices.

https://www.gq.com/story/trump-kids-profit-presidency

Last edited:

I don't mind the article. Thanks for sending it over.

In it, the only reference to Vindman I could find is this paragraph.

"The Associated Press reported that Republicans said Morrison, in his opening statement, contradicted another key witness, Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who handled Ukraine issues at the National Security Council. Vindman testified Tuesday that he twice sounded the alarm over the Trump administration's actions."

It doesn't really say exactly what Morrison contradicted, but the best my comprehension can tell is that Morrison disagrees that Vindman twice sounded the alarm.

Is that what you were referencing?

If so it wouldn't seem that blows up Vindman's testimony.

But the article is so vague in regards to Vindman I'm not sure any conclusion should be made from it one way over the other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT