ADVERTISEMENT

On this impeachment thing

If the Federal Judicial System adopted sentencing guidelines for (lying) comparable to those employed with Flynn, Manafort, Stone et al..........a verdict against Trump would see him get out of prison sometime around 2500........
There is a singular set of guidelines applicable to all sentencings for criminal violations of Federal laws that are no longer mandatory but are advisory in nature. Every specific offense has a base level that may be raised or lowered because of particular circumstances of the offense or offender, additionally, every convicted party receives a level based upon his prior criminality. They are situated in the following chart within the sentencing manual
sentencing-guidelines-table1.jpg

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Castor's performance today isn't any better than the previous hearing. These are going terrible for Republicans. They've offered no defense, have been completely unhinged. Taylor, Kent, and Yovanavich have all shown to be intelligent competent people, which is why they don't fit into the Trump crime syndicate.

If she were the star...…..it's in the minds of those inhabiting Trumper City...…..nowhere else...
She got the Amb to admit the Obama administration prepped her in advance regarding Biden’s son’s involvement with the Ukraine company prior to being confirmed by the Senate. Funny that the Dems say it’s irrelevant today but we’re worried when she worked under the Obama administration.

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
She got the Amb to admit the Obama administration prepped her in advance regarding Biden’s son’s involvement with the Ukraine company prior to being confirmed by the Senate. Funny that the Dems say it’s irrelevant today but we’re worried when she worked under the Obama administration.
Sir: Since Yovanovich was confirmed to be ambassador to the Ukraine in MAY, 2016.....just exactly which Administation's personnel would be expected to be involved in the preparation for her Senate hearing ?? Someone who was in the Reagan Administration ?? What kind of ADMISSION does that constitute ???!!! (YOU'RE) " worried (that) she worked under the Obama Administration ??
" Worried about WHAT " ??

Reactions: Bill4411

Watched the interview and Scalise was embarrassingly bad. I guess that’s going to happen when you have no factual defense and are forced to lie and change topics.

Republican strategy is just to talk a lot in circles and hope you get confused. Really shows you have a great case.

A newly released ABC-Ipsos poll says among other things that
  • 51% of Americans say that “President Trump’s actions were wrong and he should be impeached by the House and removed from office by the Senate.” Nineteen percent of Americans say President Trump’s actions were wrong but he should not be removed from office and 25% say President Trump did nothing wrong.

The only real piece of information that I have heard so far today was Williams witnessing the conversation between Pence and President Zelenski where the Ukrainian president asks about the "report that the aid was being put on hold". That is a direct contradiction to the assertation by the GOP that "the Ukraine didn't even know that the aid was being withheld, so how can there be a QPQ?"

CNN banner: "SONDLAND TIES TRUMP, PENCE & POMPEO TO UKRAINE PRESSURE CAMPAIGN"

MSNBC: "SONDLAND CONFIRMS DEAL WITH UKRAINE, IMPLICATES TRUMP"

Fox: "REP NUNES DELIVERS OPENING STATEMENT"
Fox is just trying to apply its part of "Fair and BALANCED"
Afterall doesn't someone have to take that side? LMAO

OK, so where does this go next? Essentially Sondland has now directly implicated Gulliani, Pompeio, Pence, and the President. None of them are going to willingly take the stand anytime soon, so what happens now? A) There is still Bolton and his testimony, which is dependent on: B) There are a couple of others that might come forward if the lower circuit judicial branch gives the "yes you need to testify" verdict.

Other than that though, I doubt anyone else is coming forward unless the Supreme Court essentially forces them to. Right?

OK, so where does this go next? Essentially Sondland has now directly implicated Gulliani, Pompeio, Pence, and the President. None of them are going to willingly take the stand anytime soon, so what happens now? A) There is still Bolton and his testimony, which is dependent on: B) There are a couple of others that might come forward if the lower circuit judicial branch gives the "yes you need to testify" verdict.

Other than that though, I doubt anyone else is coming forward unless the Supreme Court essentially forces them to. Right?
Were I to guess -
1) Impeachment Articles recommended
2) Judiciary Committee returns multiple Articles for Ukraine, Obstruction of Congress, Abuse of Powers
3) Senate trial preparation leaves Administration with quandary of providing testimony or not.
4) Senate trial results in ??? or resignation ala Nixon if Senate in advance of verdict says "You are going to be removed"

There's an interesting article out there I read (if you need me to link it, I can go find it), that says that while it takes a 2/3 Senate vote to remove a sitting president, the Senate rules for their impeachment trial would be agreed to before the proceedings start, just like what the House did. Here's the catch, those rules for setting up the process only require a majority vote, not a 2/3 vote. So if 3 Republicans break ranks and force a SECRET impeachment vote (ie, their votes would not be a matter of public record), the chances of 20 Republicans voting for removal increases significantly.

There's an interesting article out there I read (if you need me to link it, I can go find it), that says that while it takes a 2/3 Senate vote to remove a sitting president, the Senate rules for their impeachment trial would be agreed to before the proceedings start, just like what the House did. Here's the catch, those rules for setting up the process only require a majority vote, not a 2/3 vote. So if 3 Republicans break ranks and force a SECRET impeachment vote (ie, their votes would not be a matter of public record), the chances of 20 Republicans voting for removal increases significantly.

I don't see this happening, as much as I would like it to be considered. McConnell has to bring this up for a vote, which in my view is not likely. He'll be pressured to make sure that every Senator is on record with their votes.

It's going to take a change in public opinion for this to change. Probably need to see public poll numbers get closer to 60%+ in favor of impeachment and removal for that to come to a vote.

Unfortunately I think that the President has done a tremendous marketing job getting Republicans to tune out and not trust anything that disparages him in any way. Fake News is anything that Trump doesn't like or doesn't give Trump full admiration. Real news is only those things that Trump approves. And unfortunately his base believes that hook, line, and sinker.

Reactions: Bill4411 and indy35
I don't see this happening, as much as I would like it to be considered. McConnell has to bring this up for a vote, which in my view is not likely. He'll be pressured to make sure that every Senator is on record with their votes.

It's going to take a change in public opinion for this to change. Probably need to see public poll numbers get closer to 60%+ in favor of impeachment and removal for that to come to a vote.

Unfortunately I think that the President has done a tremendous marketing job getting Republicans to tune out and not trust anything that disparages him in any way. Fake News is anything that Trump doesn't like or doesn't give Trump full admiration. Real news is only those things that Trump approves. And unfortunately his base believes that hook, line, and sinker.
That's the biggest problem we face as a country. A Republican party that doesn't believe anything is real that they don't want to believe.

Crowdstrike is not a Ukrainian company. It's based in California. The DNC did not "give" "the server" to anyone, they had 140 servers, most of which were in the cloud. Crowdstrike imaged those servers and gave the data to the FBI.
None of what the President is saying is true.

Oh, and the National Republican Senate Committee and the National Republican Congressional Committee have used Crowdstrike services.

Last edited:
Were I to guess -
1) Impeachment Articles recommended
2) Judiciary Committee returns multiple Articles for Ukraine, Obstruction of Congress, Abuse of Powers
3) Senate trial preparation leaves Administration with quandary of providing testimony or not.
4) Senate trial results in ??? or resignation ala Nixon if Senate in advance of verdict says "You are going to be removed"

This came across my feed this morning - Mulvaney, Bolton, and possibly others could be compelled to testify at the Senate trial.

This came across my feed this morning - Mulvaney, Bolton, and possibly others could be compelled to testify at the Senate trial.
I am astounded to see any former Asst. US Attorney who has done trial suggesting calling witnesses in any forum without some reasonable basis to know what their testimony likely would be. I certainly agree with the mechanics mentioned but don't think it likely, imho, any Dem. Impeachment Manager would be willing to give an Administration politico a forum. As to professionals, rather than political hires, that is an entirely different story and could at least see the potential gain being sufficient to balance out taking that risk.

I am nauseated at having a fifth grader in the White House... in his nearly 1 hour (wtf is that about???) Fox and Friends call in, he complains that he understood Amb. Yovanovitch refused to hang his portrait. Unhinged is too complimentary for the freak. It is ridiculous that virtually everyone in the world respects the office far more than he. He is an obscenity.

I am nauseated at having a fifth grader in the White House... in his nearly 1 hour (wtf is that about???) Fox and Friends call in, he complains that he understood Amb. Yovanovitch refused to hang his portrait. Unhinged is too complimentary for the freak. It is ridiculous that virtually everyone in the world respects the office far more than he. He is an obscenity.

You a fan of the Rivermen?

CNN banner: "SONDLAND TIES TRUMP, PENCE & POMPEO TO UKRAINE PRESSURE CAMPAIGN"

MSNBC: "SONDLAND CONFIRMS DEAL WITH UKRAINE, IMPLICATES TRUMP"

Fox: "REP NUNES DELIVERS OPENING STATEMENT"
Posting links from the most disgusting propaganda outlets is not legitimately contributing to a conversation. I know you guys have to use those fake news sites because the facts never line up with your worldview, but posting them as a source is laughable.

attn: M51......11:29 post
One would think that it would be obvious to be wary of posting links to sources that have a demonstrable record of being discredited and disreputable.
Posting links from sources that have no such reputation, of course, would not present that kind of problem.

He's offered to testify. Legal's won't allow him to do it.

I'd love to see him answering Shiftie's questions.
He’ll testify as soon as he releases his tax returns, right after he sues newspapers for defamation, which will come after he releases his amazing healthcare plan, but that’ll be right after he gets that check from Mexico to build the wall.

I’m just thinking here, maybe what Trump says is complete f’ing bullshit.

He’ll testify as soon as he releases his tax returns, right after he sues newspapers for defamation, which will come after he releases his amazing healthcare plan, but that’ll be right after he gets that check from Mexico to build the wall.

I’m just thinking here, maybe what Trump says is complete f’ing bullshit.
Like he offered for Mueller........and instead gave a deposition where he said "I do not recall" 30 times. Fact.

Reactions: indy35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT