ADVERTISEMENT

North Texas v. Purdue Game Thread (NCAA - South - round of 64)

Was worried about this for weeks.

Hunter’s lack of ability to do ANYTHING on offense was gonna bite Purdue, and sure enough.

It’s 2021. Can’t have a guard who plays 28+ minutes be a total liability on offense. Afraid to shoot, bogs the offense down, throws up brick after brick.

Can’t have it. Ivey did all he could to save Purdue, but even he could only do so much.

Shoutout to IT for stepping up in a big way today.

Well there is always football to look forward too.....lol.......Hopefully one of the freshman can come in and take away minutes from Gillis to give us more size.... And i hope we can get a transfer guard to come in..

We have juniors who have been here. They've disappeared. It's a huge disappointment.

I’m disappointed for sure but am also checking myself at the door. Beginning of season I wanted to make the tourney. While this pisses me off like no other, I know the future is bright. Sucks I know. But with the juniors being there before I do not think they are badass leaders. The future is in our younger guys hands. I hope this pisses them off and they remember it.

Was worried about this for weeks.

Hunter’s lack of ability to do ANYTHING on offense was gonna bite Purdue, and sure enough.

It’s 2021. Can’t have a guard who plays 28+ minutes be a total liability on offense. Afraid to shoot, bogs the offense down, throws up brick after brick.

Can’t have it. Ivey did all he could to save Purdue, but even he could only do so much.

Shoutout to IT for stepping up in a big way today.
Ivey made his share of good plays, but he also screwed up several times too.

I’m disappointed for sure but am also checking myself at the door. Beginning of season I wanted to make the tourney. While this pisses me off like no other, I know the future is bright. Sucks I know. But with the juniors being there before I do not think they are badass leaders. The future is in our younger guys hands. I hope this pisses them off and they remember it.
BS. We shouldn't lose this game. Period. 4 seed vs 13 seed. It was poorly coached. Our juniors didn't show up.

I think we should have tried pressing earlier in the game. Painter played not to lose.

Purdue never was a tournament program. This goes back years and years...Just not a March type of program.

This game was lost in the first half while our "coach" watched 3 pointer after 3 pointer clanked off the rim. But, you know, not his fault. But hey, we gave North Texas the first tourney win EVER!!! At least we can hang out hat on that major accomplishment! Congrats y'all!

IT hits a FT and we win. He's just not a B1G player and we and we continued to play him
Then Hunter and Sasha arent Big Ten players either. They were his awful. Hunters defense didn’t come close to offsetting his offense. Looked like Nojel out there.

Reactions: Augie85
You won’t hear me say this often, but I think this loss was on the coach. Painter did a poor job getting the team ready, adjusting for this team, and making in game adjustments. This sucks.
Math, I questioned what Shrews going to PSU would do to the team. I thought they came out flat, without direction, and without a will to win. Not blaming Shrewsberry for taking the job, but the timing was horrible.

You won’t hear me say this often, but I think this loss was on the coach. Painter did a poor job getting the team ready, adjusting for this team, and making in game adjustments. This sucks.
Agree. Painter was vanilla and stuck with the formula. Played not to lose while NT was trying all sorts of things to frustrate our bigs.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
Where was Sasha in the second half?
This team over achieved all year. Hate to see them go out like this but for me, I’m happy with what we got from them. Next year is our year.

Reactions: Schnelk
You won’t hear me say this often, but I think this loss was on the coach. Painter did a poor job getting the team ready, adjusting for this opponent, and making in game adjustments. This sucks.
Unfortunately, this is nothing new. When Painter knows the opponent, he's great. When he doesn't, he's not very good. You see it every year in the non-conference. He's a great conference coach. But I'm pretty convinced he's not a tourney coach. Carsen made that an exception...

This teams future is nothing close to what I thought if hunter sasha and newman continue the way they plaued the final third to half of the season

There arent words to describe my anger but I am not even one ounce of surprised

Continue building around bigs and not wings and this is what you will keep getting in march

Reactions: mgdavidson26
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT