ADVERTISEMENT

Need a new head coach!

Wow!!! Boilermaker football is heading south fast! This new head coach is beyond terrible. Just a few years ago under Jeff Brohm we beat #2 Ohio state very soundly at home in the night game. It was a game on Rondale. Moore ran all over the buckeyes, and they had no answer to him. Today at home #3 Ohio State looks like they’re beating up on a high school junior varsity team. We’re getting beat in every phase of the game possible and basically Ohio State is having their way with Purdue. Fire this bum and get a real head coach, now!
You sound like you really know football. Would you mind if I sent your name and resume to the AD? Can you attach it in your response?

Don’t think you want to go down the path of a coach underachieving with the talent they do have…Walters starting to write a master class on this!
According to you Walters has much more talent than Brohm had when he started. No comparison according to you. So you have already proven Walters sucks and won't succeed. At least that is what you have posted for days. 1-8 is all we need to know, right? All the players Brohm inherited sucked and Brohm left the cupboard overflowing with talent for Walters because of his incredible recruiting. I mean leaving 4 guys from his 2019 class and those that didn't transfer after he left from the just under 58 ranking bonanza of his last 3 classes should guarantee a winning season even if it is against the toughest schedule in the country. Even a high school coach could accomplish that with the talent Brohm left. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
I was right about the 2000 OSU team having more talent than 2000 Purdue, which is one more thing than you’ve been right about.
Grasping at straws. 1-8 remember? That's your song, just keep playing it. You want Walter's to fail. You've shown that. Your hero took his ball and went to UL. 1-8, 1-8 1-8 LOL

1-8. You are what your record says you are.
Look at how things are playing out in the Big so far...
Does Purdue have enough talent to win??
I believe they do. Fresno, Syracuse, and Iowa were winnable games and teams that did not overwhelm Purdue with talent.
Look how Illinois has been playing since they played Purdue.
Straight up, we are getting out schemed/out coached....

I believe they do. Fresno, Syracuse, and Iowa were winnable games and teams that did not overwhelm Purdue with talent.
I give you credit for being relentless. You are just wrong

I can’t believe the fan base postings. Walter’s was hired late in the recruiting season had to go to the portal to get what he could. He was left with a bare cupboard of players. It's his first year with new schemes on both sides of the ball. It’s more obvious that we lack talent overall than coaching. The good players that he was left with are playing well on both sides of the ball in the new schemes. We just don’t have enough of those players. The coaches are working hard to get the talent they need as evident with 80 players visiting the game. Both lines are struggling. They have only had one season of the new strength and conditioning coach. The old group was pathetic. It will take a couple more seasons to build strength throughout as it is not something that happens overnight. The fact that we are having so many offensive linemen getting rolled on is telling us that they as a unit are not keeping the opponents in front of them. These are things that take a few years to correct with depth.

My advice is to chill and give Walter’s time.

Now as for Harrell, I do believe he could help more with shorter quick passes this year and show more air raid style. RPO takes a little more time for the line to hold their blocks and makes Card stay in one spot for to long putting both at a disadvantage. Not saying I am ready to throw the towel in on him yet. The plays he calls are there but the talent (as in development) isn’t there to execute the calls to their entirety.
Welcome to 2023 where people will hollar about how their mother raised them. (among every other topic under the sun)
Whiny ass *itches mostly.

Grasping at straws. 1-8 remember? That's your song, just keep playing it. You want Walter's to fail. You've shown that. Your hero took his ball and went to UL. 1-8, 1-8 1-8 LOL
Just proving that you’re wrong about a lot of things. 2000, 1-8 roster…

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1

Zach Edey was ranked in the 400s. By your assessment, he is no good. Brohm's first quarterbacks Blough and Sindelar versus Walter's no one. 1-8 proof the players were no good? Does that mean you think the Haze was good and the players let him down? Is that your proof? LOL

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
Zach Edey was ranked in the 400s. By your assessment, he is no good. Brohm's first quarterbacks Blough and Sindelar versus Walter's no one. 1-8 proof the players were no good? Does that mean you think the Haze was good and the players let him down? Is that your proof? LOL
My proof is 1-8. You are what your record says you are.

You can't convince idiots.. why bother trying. His narrative is Brohm bad , no talent blah blah
OOhhhh, namecalling, that means YOU LOSE according to New Pal. LOL No one said what you are claiming they said. There is not one post where anyone said Brohm was bad. I have said that Brohm had some better players to start with than some claim. You don't like it, fine. I reallly don't care what you think because you are totally jaded in your thought process. I have never said that Walters was a good coach. I have never said that he was better than Brohm. I don't think he is. One thing I do know is that from the Big Ten Championship forward, Brohm left a shattered mess at Purdue and Walters had to pick up the pieces in a short period of time. Was the mess as bad as what Brohm inherited? Brohm inherited a team that had gone 1-8(there you go New Pal). We had totally sucked. Was it worse than what Walters inherited? In many ways yes, in others no. All I am saying is that Walters needs more time to prove himself. Is he a good coach? Not yet. Continually trying to run up the middle at the goal line and getting stopped doesn't look like the right play to me. I was always perturbed about red zone play under Brohm as well. But to me Walter's has yet to prove himself and giving him the time to do it is what we will all have to do anyway as we have no control over the immediate situation.

Last edited:
Continually trying to run up the middle at the goal line and getting stopped doesn't look like the right play to me. I was always perturbed about red zone play under Brohm as well. But to me Walter's has yet to prove himself and giving him the time to do it is what we will all have to do anyway as we have no control over the immediate situation.
In Walter's last show someone asked him why he was having the quarterback run plays from the shotgun inside the 1 yard line. He said that now having enough data from the team's performance, he saw little likelihood of scoring by repeating runs up the middle when almost all have failed. So he does observe and tries to correct the situation. How successful he will be going on is still to be determined, and of course he couldn't publicly declare his intentions.

Reactions: z_one
Also after he gained enough information on this team's performance, he has quit trying to convert 4th downs. He does what he thinks should be best, and after poor performance by the team he does change his calls. Remember he is a first year head coach with new coaches and players. This is a learning experience for him, and hopefully he learns fast.

OOhhhh, namecalling, that means YOU LOSE according to New Pal. LOL No one said what you are claiming they said. There is not one post where anyone said Brohm was bad. I have said that Brohm had some better players to start with than some claim. You don't like it, fine. I reallly don't care what you think because you are totally jaded in your thought processs. I have never said that Walters was a good coach. I have never said that he was better than Brohm. I don't think he is. One thing I do know is that from the Big Ten Championship forward, Brohm left a shattered mess at Purdue and Walter's had to pick up the pieces in a short period of time. Was the mess as bad as what Brohm inherited? Brohm inherited a team that had gone 1-8(there you go New Pal). We had totally sucked. Was it worse than what Walter's inherited? In many ways yes, in others no. All I am saying is that Walter's needs more time to prove himself. Is he a good coach? Not yet. Continually trying to run up the middle at the goal line and getting stopped doesn't look like the right play to me. I was always perturbed about red zone play under Brohm as well. But to me Walter's has yet to prove himself and giving him the time to do it is what we will all have to do anyway as we have no control over the immediate situation.
The 2 main problems I have with Walters are not even his fault. We should have hired an offensive mind, ideally one who has been a head coach before. That’s what works here.

Hope I’m wrong. Would love to be wrong.

IF Coach Walters and his assistants can win 4 of the next 5 , and hopefully don't get blown out by Michigan, then that will say alot about him adjusting and should help set a good momentum and anticipation for next year, plus would help in recruiting i would think.

Wow!!! Boilermaker football is heading south fast! This new head coach is beyond terrible. Just a few years ago under Jeff Brohm we beat #2 Ohio state very soundly at home in the night game. It was a game on Rondale. Moore ran all over the buckeyes, and they had no answer to him. Today at home #3 Ohio State looks like they’re beating up on a high school junior varsity team. We’re getting beat in every phase of the game possible and basically Ohio State is having their way with Purdue. Fire this bum and get a real head coach, now!
You might be correct, however, can’t base this off 1 year, Purdue is weak on both sides of the ball in the trenches, I’m sure the coaching staff knows this, they deserve at least one off-season to see if they can improve that!

IF Coach Walters and his assistants can win 4 of the next 5 , and hopefully don't get blown out by Michigan, then that will say alot about him adjusting and should help set a good momentum and anticipation for next year, plus would help in recruiting i would think.
3 of 5 wouldn’t be horrible, really 3 of 4, they have no chance against Michigan. Purdue needs a bum or two on that preseason schedule like nearly every other team has.

Agree on all counts…but we didn’t sieze the opportunities vs Syracuse, Iowa and Fresno…I didn’t think we are suddenly going to start now.

Lots of winnable games vs teams with similar or worse talent…but will we continue to get taken to task and outcoached?

The 2 main problems I have with Walters are not even his fault. We should have hired an offensive mind, ideally one who has been a head coach before. That’s what works here.

Your one post that actually makes sense. Try some common sense on some others and we can get along. Otherwise we will keep doing what we've been doing forever.

I am pretty sure that Walters chose Harrell so somewhat his fault if he doesn’t pan out but no coach is perfect. My concern is that it looks like he missed there, on DC (Walters already took over play calling duties like 3 games into the season), and qb. Currently the three major decisions he has made all look like misses which has lead to poor on field results.

Not going to fire anyone for several years so he has time to get things right but hasn’t looked good so far. I love his recruiting hope our defense eventually resembles what Illinois looked like with hopefully a more successful offense.

I don’t think anyone thought we would reach 8 or 9 wins with this year’s schedule but with good coaching I think most felt a bowl game was possible. Hopefully he can do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT