ADVERTISEMENT

Need a new head coach!

There were a few OK players left in 2017. Not many that would start for a bunch of other B1G schools. Which is why they couldn’t beat any of the other B1G schools, including IU.
Whatever you say sport. Maybe you should be coaching. LOL

Anyone that doesn't believe Brohm elevated the talent Hazel left is a fool.

If you think walters was left with nothing you are the fan base problem. Unlike Brohm it so far is clear he has no unique scheme or ability to use the players he has to the best of their ability.

The dixk riders for walters will continue to ride. 4 years into an empty stadium. Than be the first to say they told you it wasn't going to work out.

His buyout is cheap for a reason. He won't be here long. And his recruiting class is middle of the pack and at best on par with Brohm. Once the shine comes off and recruits see this is a shit show they wont be committing after this first year. Its easy to recruit year one on wishes and dreams. I doubt he can coach it up.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
Anyone that doesn't believe Brohm elevated the talent Hazel left is a fool.

If you think walters was left with nothing you are the fan base problem. Unlike Brohm it so far is clear he has no unique scheme or ability to use the players he has to the best of their ability.

The dixk riders for walters will continue to ride. 4 years into an empty stadium. Than be the first to say they told you it wasn't going to work out.

His buyout is cheap for a reason. He won't be here long. And his recruiting class is middle of the pack and at best on par with Brohm. Once the shine comes off and recruits see this is a shit show they wont be committing after this first year. Its easy to recruit year one on wishes and dreams. I doubt he can coach it up.
Brohm elevated the program from Hazel in every way, but also left the program in very bad shape recruiting badly for the last three years. Brohm thus left the program barely better than Hazel. Brohm’s record would not have been any better this year and perhaps worse.

Brohm elevated the program from Hazel in every way, but also left the program in very bad shape recruiting badly for the last three years. Brohm thus left the program barely better than Hazel. Brohm’s record would not have been any better this year and perhaps worse.
Hazell had the worst recruiting classes in Purdue football history. Brohm was Urban Kirby Saban compared to the Haze.

You claimed Walters inherited a worse roster than Brohm, which the facts clearly disprove.
Walters inherited a worse situation in that he had to deal with the portal and players leaving that Brohm did not have to deal with. Try again Mrs. Brohm. I never said that Hazel recruited as well as Brohm. Brohm had less turmoil to deal with because of the timeframe he was hired and the fact there was no portal. Looking over the roster that Brohm inherited the cupboard was far from bare as you imply it was. Sorry that hurts your narrative, but you'll just change it again anyway. LOL

Reactions: drewjin
Walters inherited a worse situation in that he had to deal with the portal and players leaving that Brohm did not have to deal with. Try again Mrs. Brohm. I never said that Hazel recruited as well as Brohm. Brohm had less turmoil to deal with because of the timeframe he was hired and the fact there was no portal. Looking over the roster that Brohm inherited the cupboard was far from bare as you imply it was. Sorry that hurts your narrative, but you'll just change it again anyway. LOL
So now the portal is at fault. You walter riders love to go hard.

• Haha
Reactions: pboiler18 and z_one
Portal not existing made Brohm’s job of fixing Hazell’s historically awful 1-8 roster even harder.

Duh.

Portal not existing made Brohm’s job of fixing Hazell’s historically awful 1-8 roster even harder.

Duh.
Is that why we went to a bowl game his first season? LOL Hmmm, wonder which narrative you will switch to next? Haters gotta hate. What's your pick on the Duke game Mrs. Brohm? LOL

Is that why we went to a bowl game his first season? LOL Hmmm, wonder which narrative you will switch to next? Haters gotta hate. What's your pick on the Duke game Mrs. Brohm? LOL
You missed the point Mrs Hazell. Shocker.

We went to a bowl game because he’s a really good coach, and because he plugged some holes on a 1-8 roster with transfers, something Walters could have done.

We went to a bowl game because he’s a really good coach, and because he plugged some holes on a 1-8 roster with transfers, something Walters could have done.
OK Mrs. Brohm. So the players all sucked but Brohm was soooo good that he played all of the positions by himself. No wonder you think he is a "god". LOL The players were all bad. Blough sucked because he was recruited by Hazel and yet somehow he was great under Brohm. This is how you move the goal posts. No surprise. What a total joke you are Mrs. Brohm. LOL I missed the point? LOL. You never made one.

OK Mrs. Brohm. So the players all sucked but Brohm was soooo good that he played all of the positions by himself. No wonder you think he is a "god". LOL The players were all bad. Blough sucked because he was recruited by Hazel and yet somehow he was great under Brohm. This is how you move the goal posts. No surprise. What a total joke you are Mrs. Brohm. LOL I missed the point? LOL. You never made one.
Brohm inherited a 1-8 dumpster fire of a roster, filled with historically bad recruiting classes, as I’ve already proven. Taking them to a bowl game was a minor miracle.

You wanted to trash Walters and throw him under the bus. I said from the start that it was an apples to oranges comparison. You don't like Walters, I get that. I want to wait and see what he does. That is the point.

You wanted to trash Walters and throw him under the bus. I said from the start that it was an apples to oranges comparison. You don't like Walters, I get that. I want to wait and see what he does. That is the point.
I never said I didn’t like Walters.

Brohm took a 1-8 roster, and won more B1G games with it his first year than Hazell won in 4 years. That’s a fact.

Brohm inherited a 1-8 dumpster fire of a roster, filled with historically bad recruiting classes, as I’ve already proven. Taking them to a bowl game was a minor miracle.
Brohm has not exactly set the world on fire with his recruiting. I have never said that Brohm didn't do a great job with the class he inherited. However he had some good tools to work with. Especially at quarterback.

I never said I didn’t like Walters.

Brohm took a 1-8 roster, and won more B1G games with it his first year than Hazell won in 4 years. That’s a fact.
So what are you arguing? That Hazel sucked? I have already said that multiple times. I guess you want someone to say that all of the players Brohm inherited sucked too? Well you aren't getting that, because it just isn't true. If you look over that roster Brohm inherited a handful of really good players that his own recruits never moved off of the field. Did Brohm utilize them better? Of course. But Brohm left no juggernaut in place for Walters and that as well is a fact.

So what are you arguing? That Hazel sucked? I have already said that multiple times. I guess you want someone to say that all of the players Brohm inherited sucked too? Well you aren't getting that, because it just isn't true. If you look over that roster Brohm inherited a handful of really good players that his own recruits never moved off of the field. Did Brohm utilize them better? Of course. But Brohm left no juggernaut in place for Walters and that as well is a fact.
The point is that Walters didn’t inherit a worse program and roster than Brohm did. Not even close.

There hasn’t been a worse Purdue roster in my lifetime than the 2016 trash fire.

The point is that Walters didn’t inherit a worse program and roster than Brohm did. Not even close.

There hasn’t been a worse Purdue roster in my lifetime than the 2016 trash fire.
69 is pretty close. That doesn't count the decommits. I guess math wasn't your strong suit?LOL

69 is pretty close. That doesn't count the decommits. I guess math wasn't your strong suit?LOL
No one counts the 2023 class.

Even if you average out the 2019-23 classes, it comes to 45. Way better than Hazell’s 70, and 1-8 record.

So- Walters didn’t inherit any worse situation than Brohm.

• Haha
Reactions: pboiler18 and z_one
No one counts the 2023 class.

Even if you average out the 2019-23 classes, it comes to 45. Way better than Hazell’s 70, and 1-8 record.

So- Walters didn’t inherit any worse situation than Brohm.
Apparently rivals and hammer and rails and Boiler upload do. That is where I got the info. Brohm's last 3 classes averaged just a shade under 58. What was the name of the starting quarterback that Walter's inherited? The one Brohm inherited was Blough and his backup was Sindelar.

Last edited:
Apparently rivals and hammer and rails and Boiler upload do. That is where I got the info. Brohm's last 3 classes averaged just a shade under 58. What was the name of the starting quarterback that Walter's inherited? The one Brohm inherited was Blough and his backup was Sindelar.
Brohm’s 2019-2023 classes averaged 45.

Hazes 2013-17 classes averaged 70. Hence 1-8 trash fire.

Reactions: pboiler18
Brohm’s 2019-2023 classes averaged 45.

Brohm's last 3 just under 58. Inherited starting quarterback David Blough and back up Elijah Sindelar. Walter's inherited 0 starting quarterbacks.

Brohm's last 3 just under 58. Inherited starting quarterback David Blough and back up Elijah Sindelar. Walter's inherited 0 starting quarterbacks.
Brohm’s 2019-2023 classes averaged 45. You can’t just cherry pick the worst years.

Walters inherited a better roster than Brohm did.

Reactions: pboiler18
Brohm’s 2019-2023 classes averaged 45. You can’t just cherry pick the worst years.

Walters inherited a better roster than Brohm did.
I'm not cherry picking any more than you are. What starting quarterback did Walters inherit? Brohm's last three years class average just under 58. Pretty low for a recruiting "god". LOL

Brohm would have gotten one in portal and have 4 wins right now. What's your point.
In the timeframe that Walters was left with? LOL Card was acknowledged by many to be the best in the portal. Considering that Brohm never had a scholarship offered quarterback that excelled in his system, that is a bold claim. Brohm left a certifiable dumpster fire(class rank of 69 BEFORE defections) for Walters and went to his dream job. Then we could always look at the strength of schedule. My point is, I'm not happy with the results to date but I understand the situation and believe Walters needs time to work through things.

Last edited:
The roster isn’t made up of just the 2023 class, genius.
No starting quarterback. Last THREE classes just under 58th. 4 current players left from the 2019 recruiting class. Again, math not your strong suit and neither is reason.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT