ADVERTISEMENT

MLB just pulled All Star game from Atlanta over voting rights...

It’s not an “all of the sudden” issue. People have been screaming about voter ID as long as I can remember (I’m 36).
You’re still not answering my question though. You keep screeching that these laws are to protect voting integrity and I’m asking what they’re protecting when we were told the prior election wasn’t fraudulent.

I have no problem with requiring a voter ID. All I’m asking is what precipitated these laws given they were sold to the public as preserving the integrity of elections. Instead all I get are rabbit hole false equivalencies like will call tickets. Surely the laws can be tied back to big issues that are being fixed, no?

Oh, it’s great seeing the same talking points/lies regurgitated over and over and over and over again.

This one hit close to home (12 minutes from my house to be exact) so I couldn’t help but comment on it. And my Dad had already booked his flight down here to go to the game with me. Many thanks to the Democrat Party press and the corporate wokescolds!
Actions have consequences. If you don’t like the outcome, take it up with the Republican Party of Georgia.

Actions have consequences. If you don’t like the outcome, take it up with the Republican Party of Georgia.
They sure do. The Republican Party of Georgia didn’t produce this outcome so I’m not sure what I have to take up with them. The lies about the laws from the Democrat Party press, the Democrat Party and corporate wokescolds produced the outcome and I’m not sure how to get ahold of any of those groups. We all have to suffer the consequences of crazy Democrat behavior but that’s nothing new.

This country gets what it deserves by voting Democrat. Misery and lunacy.

Last edited:
Reactions: fish bowl
They sure do. The Republican Party of Georgia didn’t produce this outcome so I’m not sure what I have to take up with them. The lies about the laws from the Democrat Party press, the Democrat Party and corporate wokescolds produced the outcome and I’m not sure how to get ahold of any of those groups. We all have to suffer the consequences of crazy Democrat behavior but that’s nothing new.

This country gets what it deserves by voting Democrat. Misery and lunacy.
Shift the blame to Democrats. Typical righty response.

And the irony of a righty complaining of misery and lunacy after the last four years - that isn’t lost on anyone.

Shift the blame to Democrats. Typical righty response.

And the irony of a righty complaining of misery and lunacy after the last four years - that isn’t lost on anyone.
Who caused the ASG to be canceled? The laws certainly didn’t. The crazy response from the Democrats and Democrat Party press did.

Yeah, we were all succeeding and living well during the Trump presidency until China gifted the world with the virus. It wasn’t miserable but you were told it was because Democrats weren’t in power. You’re obviously just another angry/dumb Democrat lemming, dime a dozen. That’s obvious to anyone.

And I’ll go on a great big limb and say these laws never would have materialized if the big orange blob had never perpetuated the big lie about the election. The easiest connect the dots ever.
Laws like these existed long before Trump became president. New York has less flexible/more restrictive voting laws (from a voter perspective) than these Georgia laws.

People sure don’t have a problem with an ID in getting a stimulus check, housing assistance, food assistance, medical care, cell phones, student loans, covid vaccine, etc, but to vote well that’s a problem.

Laws like these existed long before Trump became president. New York has less flexible/more restrictive voting laws (from a voter perspective) than these Georgia laws.
New York also isn’t actively placing more restrictions on their voting process. Again with the straw man here.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
It’s really shocking that voter ID is suddenly and conveniently an issue for a lot of folks on here. And by shocking I mean not at all. Oh and that glossing over of the rest of the changes but ok.
It's never "suddenly" been an issue. It's been an issue of concern for several election cycles. Many countries require ID for voting. And why is that such a problem? BTW, what other changes that I'm "glossing over" are so concerning that they represent voter "suppression"?

People sure don’t have a problem with an ID in getting a stimulus check, housing assistance, food assistance, medical care, cell phones, student loans, covid vaccine, etc, but to vote well that’s a problem.
I’m curious- why do you think we should be making it harder to vote rather than easier?

I’m curious- why do you think we should be making it harder to vote rather than easier?
Do you ever get beyond talking points and apply a little logic?

A utility bill, license ID, voter ID, social security # is not making it harder to vote. Its doing what Major League Baseball does when one picks up tickets at will call....a simple verification.

Is that a "racist policy" by MLB? Is it a "suppression policy" by MLB?

Or is it just common sense to take a simple step to verify?

It's never "suddenly" been an issue. It's been an issue of concern for several election cycles. Many countries require ID for voting. And why is that such a problem? BTW, what other changes that I'm "glossing over" are so concerning that they represent voter "suppression"?
There are several. Here’s one: making it illegal to send out absentee ballots to all registered voters. Any guess as to why Republicans might be supportive of such a measure?

Do you ever get beyond talking points and apply a little logic?

A utility bill, license ID, voter ID, social security # is not making it harder to vote. Its doing what Major League Baseball does when one picks up tickets at will call....a simple verification.

Is that a "racist policy" by MLB? Is it a "suppression policy" by MLB?

Or is it just common sense to take a simple step to verify?
And for eligible voters who don’t have access to a required form of identification, their vote shouldn’t count? I take it that’s what you believe?

The bill itself is not making it harder for people to vote aside from providing an ID. The media has told the gullible people it is and they believe it. The conservatives should boycott Delta airlines and Coke products and some of this nonsense will stop.

And for eligible voters who don’t have access to a required form of identification, their vote shouldn’t count? I take it that’s what you believe?
2/3 of states have voter ID laws. Georgia law says license, utility bill, social security #, or just A voter ID card they can get all work as identification. How can someone have none of that...literally impossible?

2/3 of states have voter ID laws. Georgia law says license, utility bill, social security #, or just A voter ID card they can get all work as identification. How can someone have none of that...literally impossible?
It’s not impossible. Look it up. Of course, it’s mainly prevalent in poor, minority populations (and exactly why this legislation is an act of voter suppression).

The bill itself is not making it harder for people to vote aside from providing an ID. The media has told the gullible people it is and they believe it. The conservatives should boycott Delta airlines and Coke products and some of this nonsense will stop.
If you read the bill and truly don’t think it makes it harder for people to vote, there’s no sense in arguing with you. You’ve been blinded by the radical right-wing media.

If you read the bill and truly don’t think it makes it harder for people to vote, there’s no sense in arguing with you. You’ve been blinded by the radical right-wing media.
What part of the bill makes it harder?

It’s not impossible. Look it up. Of course, it’s mainly prevalent in poor, minority populations (and exactly why this legislation is an act of voter suppression).
So Delta airlines has a racist policy then requiring a license or passport to fly their airlines? Is that your opinion? That is much much stricter than Georgia voting law ID.

How can an eligible voter not have a social security number? Even if they can't produce that they are still allowed to get a voter ID only card.

This is bordering on the ridiculous, that this is even a debate.

There are several. Here’s one: making it illegal to send out absentee ballots to all registered voters. Any guess as to why Republicans might be supportive of such a measure?
Wrong. It just limits the timeframe. If you want an absentee ballot, you can get one. Why is that a problem? Are you suggesting that people who want to vote can't get an absentee ballot? And why in the world would you need it 180 days prior to an election? Can people not take enough personal responsibility to ask for an absentee ballot? Unbelievable...

"Under the new law, absentee ballots are allowed to be sent out to voters 29 days before an election, down from the previous 49 days before an election. Voters are allowed to request an absentee ballot a maximum of 78 days before the election, down from 180 days. And the applications have to be received by elections officials no later than 11 days before the election, a reduction from the previous effective deadline of four days before the election.
State and local governments are now prohibited from sending out unsolicited absentee ballot applications. (Because of the pandemic, Raffensperger had applications sent out to all active registered voters for the June 2020 primary.) And third-party groups can face financial penalties if they mail applications to people who have already applied for a ballot."

The communities surrounding me are extremely poor. But I have NEVER heard any local complaints about Indiana making it difficult for those who wanted to vote. And Indiana requires a photo ID. It's just simply not an issue. Period...

I can't believe people are being this f'ing dumb in the name of a feel good agenda that in the end will have zero impact on voting rights...

Last edited:
Yeah you should probably stop posting. Yikes.
Got it. But Social Security numbers of deceased are being widely utilized by illegal aliens for employment purposes. That's a fact. But for some reason that wouldn't occur in voting situations? Give me a break...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT